Hello Friend,

If this is your first visit to SoSuave, I would advise you to START HERE.

It will be the most efficient use of your time.

And you will learn everything you need to know to become a huge success with women.

Thank you for visiting and have a great day!

A growing "Anti Male-Bashing" phenomenon

RKTek

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
http://www.foxnews.com/story/0,2933,86685,00.html

Cut Men: Do They Not Bleed?
Tuesday, May 13, 2003
By Wendy McElroy

Male bashing <http://www.popmatters.com/tv/features/030109-male-bashing.shtml> -- the stereotyping of men as brutal, stupid or otherwise objectionable -- is commonplace. Our sons, husbands, fathers and men-friends are gleefully slandered because they are male. They are subjected to malicious jokes and attitudes that would be decried if directed at blacks, Hispanics or women. The assault against men must stop. But how?
The message that being male is somehow seriously wrong and should be controlled has been broadcast for over three decades. That message is now embedded in laws such as affirmative action and in policies such as bias against fathers in family courts. The damage inflicted on the men in our lives is clear.
• As children, boys are falling behind in the public school system, a process that Christina Hoff Sommers <http://www.theatlantic.com/issues/2000/05/sommers.htm> has thoroughly and persistently documented.
• As young adults, male students <http://www.ifeminists.net/introduction/editorials/2003/0429sacks.html> on American campuses are outnumbered by females by a ratio of four to three, with males receiving only 43 percent of all college degrees.
• In middle age, men are badly slighted by public policies. For example, "women's health" receives far more funding despite the fact that men have higher rates in all but one of the 15 leading causes of death. The May issue of the American Journal of Public Health (05/03), cites social factors <http://www.cfah.org/hbns/news/factors04-29-03.cfm> as an important contributing cause.
• In old age, the average man is likely to die five years before the average woman. Only now is this disparity being called "a silent health crisis." <http://www.washtimes.com/national/20030430-3227656.htm>
From cradle to grave, men are routinely disadvantaged by social attitudes and the legal system.
A new group of victims has been created: men. But instead of loving them for their victimhood, as our culture is wont to do, men remain the brunt of political rage and accusations.
Any man who rapes or commits other violent crimes deserves to be shunned. But he should be reviled by name for specific acts, not for his gender any more than a violent black person should be reviled for his/her race. It is wrong to blame the large majority of decent men for the actions of the indecent few.
There are several steps you can take right now to stand up for the men in your life:
1) Take a personal stand. This is the most important step toward halting the gender war: People should refuse to participate in it. Don't hurl insults at "all men"; if a specific man has wronged you, insult him by name. Don't go along with the male bashing of girlfriends or co-workers. You don't have to become angry -- indeed, you should not; instead, calmly disagree or point out that maligning fellow employees is bad for the workplace. If that step is too awkward for you, then at least don't join in. For example, don't laugh at jokes that skewer "all men," including your infant son.
2) Take an economic stand. Boycott companies <http://www.standyourground.com/boyc.php> who use blatantly anti-male commercials to sell their products or services. For example, Progressive Insurance ran a notorious ad in which an angry woman punished her ex through a voodoo doll, including the use of pliers on its genitals. Imagine how you would react if the genital ripping had been inflicted on a woman. Go to the Web site of such companies and tell them why they will not be receiving your money. And while you are at it, refuse to watch TV shows in which all the male characters are portrayed as buffoons ... or much worse. Make male bashing uncommercial.
3) Take a political stand. Do not support laws or policies, like Title IX, that disadvantage your son to benefit your daughter, or vice versa. Let your children be judged on their merits as individuals. On the other hand, do support campaigns that make gender inequities in the law more visible. For example, talk about the problem of men who are battered <http://www.menweb.org/gjdvreso.htm> in domestic violence. A November 1998 Department of Justice report states that 834,732 men <http://www.menweb.org/gjdvdata.htm> are victims of physical violence by an intimate and they deserve as much support as battered women.
Small actions on your part are powerful. The columnist John Leo illustrates <http://www.mensnewsdaily.com/archive/l/l-misc/leo090402.htm> this by recounting a joke presented by a woman speaker: "A woman needed a brain transplant. Her doctor said two brains were available, a woman's brain for $500 and a man's brain for $5,000. Why the big price difference? Answer: The woman's brain has been used." A man in the audience objected to the joke as male bashing and asked people to substitute "black" or "Jew" for the word "man." Just saying "I object" is powerful.
Carry the word substitution one step farther. When you hear claims with specific gender references, switch the gender and think about the message. For example, you hear that separating a mother from her child is a terrible thing. What about separating a father from his child?
It cannot be overstated: Most men are good, hard-working human beings who love their families and never raise a hand in violence. Because their decency is not sensational, they are ignored by media and politicians who focus instead on men who rape or otherwise give their gender a bad name. A better reaction is to hold the decent men closer to us and value them more.
Wendy McElroy is the editor of ifeminists.com <http://www.ifeminists.com/> and a research fellow for The Independent Institute in Oakland, Calif. She is the author and editor of many books and articles, including the new book, Liberty for Women: Freedom and Feminism in the 21st Century (Ivan R. Dee/Independent Institute, 2002). She lives with her husband in Canada.

Starman

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
heh I think this comes from the ideology that Men can "take blows" where as a woman as a fragile, little petunia

2nd, women..just like afro-americans/slavery..have a sort of "retribution complex"

They want more, they wont tolerate less..and they want to punish our forefathers for mistreatment

#3 haha I saw that Progressive commercial , I think its hilarious..men are taking their "bashing" a bit too seriously

BTW, www.instantvoodoo.com is the site they used in the commercial..you can create a voodoo of both a man or a woman..and stick needles in them and light them on fire

its therapeutic!

BGMan

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Originally posted by Starman
They want more, they wont tolerate less..and they want to punish our forefathers for mistreatment
I'd say women (and black activists) are trying to punish us for the crap our ancestors did (or supposedly did), and men bashing and poor white Southerner ("redneck") jokes are the results.

Kind of a case of overcompensation if you ask me.

BGMan

Starman

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
BG there are slanderous jokes for every race on this planet

Italians - Greasy, violent, spaghetti d1cked bastards

Asians - Bad drivers, blind, very good at math

French - Stinky, cowardly, hairy

etc etc

I dont think redneck jokes were made by the black man..but more because they are different from northerners and humans have a tendency to make fun of others who are not like them

Reaction score
It's intresting, this post. There are alot of tuisms, but also consider the flipside, the objectification of women in the commercial realm. The male bashing in commercials and so forth is bad, but come on the real battle needs to be run politically, its bullsh!t that people, like myself for example, are unable to getlaons and grants for school, cause im not a minority, female, or from another planet. You know whats funny about the term minority, white males are not the majority in the U.S., check the us census site. Globally males are outnumbered by females when considering all ethnic backgrounds. It's funny how a group of people in the US can be blamed for causing the downfall of everyone else. I disagree, with Tek on one point, how to get even; Live well, just like this site advocates, live really well. make lots of money, live in a big house, have phat cars, and buy and sell those whinning basta>ds like toys. hahahhahahaa

I'm finished ranting now.

drZaius09

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Originally posted by Starman
Italians ... spaghetti d1cked bastards
You're confusing Italians with Irish. But it's just a stereotype...

es_mer8

Senior Don Juan
Reaction score
Male bashing is a growing trend because of the media empire conglomerates are run by guilty white men who feel ashamed for their past wrongdoings. Not much we males can do about it because its currently being ingrained into children. Dr. Laura IMO is a bytch ^ 10 but I agreed with her on one thing: male bashing is commonplace, almost rampant, in children's programming. They had an example with Care Bears or something where the girl bears challenged the boy bears to make a fort. While the girls did it nice, the boys messed up constantly. On CBS Monday Nights, watch the shows. They all feature the same story: man messes up, man tries his hardest (but always fails) to rectify the situation, and his everloving wife must save the day.

PANK

Banned
Reaction score
I AGREE WITH MALE BASHING I THINK ITS FUNNY

PS I AM DEADLY SERIOUS

bp1974

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Hallelujah

It's about time.

I remember in the mid-nineties when Robert Bly brought attention to the so-called Men's Movement. I think that was the first time that people had heard the idea that perhaps men were getting a raw deal in life, which was bad for women and men. He wasn't helped by all his hokey woodland rituals - perfect for press mockery - but the intent was genuine.

So what happened to it? It kind of fizzled out.. The press made it into a joke and it just died out.

I think that part of the trouble is that when men start pointing these things out, they're seen as whining and weak. It's a doublebind. These problems are real, and lots of men feel confused and weak, but fear that if they speak out they'll be embarrassed and ridiculed by their peers.

It's a difficult problem, and I'm not sure that there's any realistic way for men to come together in great numbers to start bringing attention to it because men prefer to keep these things to themselves.

So I guess the solution that's working for me is to teach myself about these problems and how they're affecting my life, overcome them in my own time, then pass what I've learned on to others who may want to hear it.

I have new eyes now - all the popular culture that I see is total, toxic rubbish. It's completely unrelated to real human beings and real human relationships, and means absolutely nothing to me except to give me cause to throw things at the tv.

Give me the real world any day.

bp1974

Umbra

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Thank you for the post, RKTek. That article had links to entire wealths of information. I have had similar concerns, and you may have just led me to an outlet for constructive action.

For those of you who do not take the male-bashing phenomenon seriously, I hope that one day you will realize how pervasive and subtle the damages are. They will get progressively worse if men remain passive about it. Your sons will grow up feeling inferior. And their sons will actually be inferior, because they were raised to be, psychologically imprinted just as black children were in segregated, racist America.

es_mer8

Senior Don Juan
Reaction score
The reason why men often times don't give a **** about it is because in the real world, men are still the top dogs and will probably remain that way for a long ass time. Probably enough for us and our children to still be #1. Who knows afterwards.

studmuffin15

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
hey, it is what it is. are we men or are we puzzies?

if it makes women feel powerful and strong to mock us a gender, so be it. let them have their petty little fun.

i just laugh when they bytch and say it's a "man's world". women are so stupid they dont even realize how much the laws of society hold their hands.

is the glass ceiling really so important?

when i was in high school, all the guys worked jobs at garden centers shoveling shyt or scrubbing dishes for minimum wage if they were lucky. all the girls dressed up nice, worked in doctors offices, etc. for sometimes more than double the money for doing absolutely nothing...just sitting there and looking pretty. but u didnt hear women complain then, right?

and to add insult to injury, they were also paying less money for car insurance at the time, just bcuz they had puzzies, so they got a break with insurance. so not only were the guy being raked over the coals with little income, their expenses were that much more. PLUS, they were expected to treat the princesses on dates.

and women have the balls to complain about a glass ceiling later on in life??? hell, if u ask me, it all evens out in the end. women make more money in the beginning, men make more in the end.

women were just born to ***** and are never content. if they dont have anything legitimate to ***** about, they will make something up just to hear themselves whine. it's like self-therapeutic for them.

just take their garbage in stride, with a smile on ur face, and realize their ignorance for what it is...

as i close my own little rant, annika sorenstam belongs in the lpga. either that, or she's got a big swedish dyck dangling down there. u see, they always gotta be different! there's always someone on a crusade somewhere

es_mer8

Senior Don Juan
Reaction score
hey, it is what it is. are we men or are we puzzies?
Men. A part of being a man too is being rational. Women can bash us all we want but will that do any good? I don't think it is.

if it makes women feel powerful and strong to mock us a gender, so be it. let them have their petty little fun.
Agreed. I believe the women's movement was started by some butch who noticed that black people were getting the breaks because of the past history and decided that women were treated unfairly. Its hardly an issue really.

i just laugh when they bytch and say it's a "man's world".
How many billionaire women are there? One and thats Oprah. Seriously. Women say its a man's world like black people say the man is coming down on them. Its a partial truth but overblown to ridiculous proportions. For instance, the law heavily favors women over men. Go to Divorce Courts and see for yourself.

when i was in high school, all the guys worked jobs at garden centers shoveling shyt or scrubbing dishes for minimum wage if they were lucky. all the girls dressed up nice, worked in doctors offices, etc. for sometimes more than double the money for doing absolutely nothing...just sitting there and looking pretty. but u didnt hear women complain then, right?
My first job paid $7.50/hour (Minimum Wage was $5.35 at the time) and that was just putting stuff in boxes. My current job pays $7.70/hour and I never had to shovel shyt or scrub dishes. It all depends what you want to do. If you want to settle down and do shyt work, thats your problem. A lot of people just settle down at their local grocery store or McDonald's but all of the jobs I've found are ones that require generally little labor but is fun to do. Right now, my job is sometimes telemarketing, sometimes printing off mailing labels and soon I am going to get my timed raise of 25 cents here in a couple of weeks. I work whatever hours I want to get as well. There are a plethora of these jobs out there and I don't feel the slighest bit of sympathy for people who clean shyt for $5.50/hour.

just bcuz they had puzzies, so they got a break with insurance
Car insurance claims that men get in more accidents than women but thats BS where I'm at. I know of this one girl who got in 4 wrecks, including two brand new cars. I noticed women drive 35-40 on the school parking lot. Yet I don't know of any of my male friends that gets into accidents. I'm not sure why this BS policy is in place but its been around before the women movement.

PLUS, they were expected to treat the princesses on dates.
Well, if I treat a girl like a princess, she better be giving it up. This mentality in general is old but women probably like the idea of men bending over backwards for them. They may like the pseudo-jerks but for an attractive girl, she could probably find hundreds of AFCs willing to empty their accounts to make her happy. That kind of power gives them egos which explains their behavior. Its easy to understand why.

and women have the balls to complain about a glass ceiling later on in life??? hell, if u ask me, it all evens out in the end. women make more money in the beginning, men make more in the end.
To me, once a girl graduates college, thats when she is 2nd compared to men. As opposed to men that make more money than women for 40-45 years. 22 is not 40-45. I agree with what you say to a point. I still say men have it much easier to become successful.

RKTek

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
A previous poster mentioned the "woman's movement".

HEY!

I LIKE the women's movement...especially from behind.

Heh heh.

regulus

Don Juan
Reaction score
what's with all of this lashing out at black people? i'm black and i've never gotten a dime for being black. it's never gotten me a job, or anything special. if you can't get a education loan, then you should a) b1tch out your parents, or b) blame yourself for having sh1tty credit. Anyone can get a loan because they're based on family income and expenses. The catch is that poor people can get a bigger loan, but a loan it just that, a loan. If you can't get a decent loan, you chould check your folks for being too stingy because Uncle Sam apparently sees money there. You'd have to have some jacked up credit to not have an education loan, so blame yourself.

I don't care how many times you watch the news and see Jesse Jackson. News = entertainment. It's all for ratings. You tune in when Jesse is protesting so that's what they show. Jesse sees himself on tv and decides that protests are effective. I've got a mind blowing solution for losers. Try talking to an actual black person in real life. Here's another tip: Don't assume they're an athlete, that annoys the hell out of me. I'm in school to learn, not to entertain your @ss.

es_mer8

Senior Don Juan
Reaction score
what's with all of this lashing out at black people?
If you're asking about me, I've done no such thing.

( . )( . )

Banned
Reaction score
At first when i started reading this i was thinking,yeah yeah this is all so true what a rough and sh!tty time we have as men.....

then i snapped out of it.
yes all these statictics show how crappy men have it, but come on its mens fault there starting to have all this inequality, being pvssies for the last 30 odd years will do that.

the way i see it why would i want to dwell in self pity and be one of the thousands of voices whining how bad it is.
By advocating and dwelling on this your just adding to the problem and including yourself into it.

why not say hey hang on a minute im a MAN in all its glory.
we all know deep down whos the more powerful the smarter.
yes all these betas jokingly gave the reigns to women for a little while and it backfired, good on it i say, lets seperate the wheat from the chaff, lets see who can wade through all the sad supplicating wussified femanized pussafied so called "men" of today THAT MEN CREATED no less, and come out at the other end real MEN

Im realising now that its bloody great the world is chock solid full of these guys, and there numbers are growing daily ,reinforced all day every day through everything we hear and see.
bp1974 is right on the money
I have new eyes now - all the popular culture that I see is total, toxic rubbish. It's completely unrelated to real human beings and real human relationships, and means absolutely nothing to me except to give me cause to throw things at the tv.
It makes me stand out and shine EVEN more in the real world.
women want true men, men want true men (no not that way)
and they are getting harder and harder to find.

went off on a bit of a tangent.

MysteryWoman

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
I thought that political discussions were banned from this board!

Its not a perfect world and I can't have much sympathy for you
guys. If there is such a thing of reincarnation, I'm coming back as a guy:D

bp1974

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
MysteryWoman:
Its not a perfect world and I can't have much sympathy for you guys.
No-one's asking for sympathy. Sympathy is often perceived as patronising and unhelpful.

Being aware of the effect our culture is having on us as males is more likely to enable us to father healthy boys in the future who don't feel they're 'bad' or second-class just for having testicles.

This is one issue amongst many that will help us to parent more emotionally healthy boys and girls in the future, and that is definitely a good thing.

Tits guy:
its mens fault there starting to have all this inequality, being pvssies for the last 30 odd years will do that.
This is true, so I think it's a good thing that at least some men who believed all this crap about themselves are starting to realise it, discuss it, and find their own way to the truth, which is that being a man on this planet is F*CKING GREAT!!!

bp1974

MysteryWoman

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Men should Shutup, look pretty, wear make up and provide women with lots of orgasms!