"I just moved here from Florida."

That sentence contains at least five follow-up questions she WANTS you to ask. Where in Florida? What brought you here? How long have you been in the area? What do you miss? How does it compare to here?

She handed them to you on a silver platter. And you said, "Oh cool. I come here every week. I love this band. Ummm... pretty crowded tonight."

She smiled politely. Nodded. And never texted you back.

I was that guy for years. Talking too much. Listening too little. Panicking about my next sentence while she was literally feeding me the answers.

Then I found 22 rules that fixed the whole thing. Rule number one: shut up and listen. She'll tell you exactly what to say.

Read more...

A good convo takes two?

david90

Senior Don Juan
Joined
Jul 3, 2004
Messages
423
Reaction score
0
I approached this girl and the convo was s hit. I analyzed the convo but couldn't really find out why it was so bad. It had many pauses and awkward silences. I asked her questions and tried to follow up on her answers but the problem was that her answers were short therefore I have nothing to follow up on.
 

“The 22 Rules That Flip the Script With Women… And How You Can Use Them Tonight”

Most guys accidentally kill attraction before they even speak. They assume they need a bigger bank account, a better physique, or smoother lines. They miss the point.

Female desire operates on a specific set of psychological triggers.  Break them, and you're invisible. Follow them, and you become magnetic.

I learned this the hard way. Years of freezing up. Getting friend-zoned. Watching other guys walk away with the girl I wanted. Then I discovered a set of 22 simple rules that rewired my entire approach.

Read more...

MrCode

Senior Don Juan
Joined
Jun 1, 2004
Messages
366
Reaction score
3
Location
South Florida
Sounds like she just wasn't interested in talking to you. Believe me when women are interested they will find ways to fill in the conversation and keep it flowing. A lot of times I just let that happen, because it makes things easier for me.
 

diablo

Master Don Juan
Joined
Mar 2, 2004
Messages
4,678
Reaction score
9
Location
Louisiana, USA
Originally posted by david90
the problem was that her answers were short therefore I have nothing to follow up on.
If she gives you short answers to open-ended questions, then you've got two possible reasons:
  • She sucks at being a conversationalist (this is an oxymoron, since she's a girl)
  • She has little to no interest in maintaining a conversation with you

Maybe she was having a bad day, maybe she's not even the slightest bit attracted to you... that's the whole point of striking up conversations; eventually one will work out. If someone is interested in you, then they'll strive to keep a decent conversation going. It's just like when you start dating a girl... she seems boring, because she's putting other things on hold so she can spend time with you... and if later she thinks she doesn't want you around, she suddenly becomes way too busy to even go out once during the week...

Better luck next time.
 

Climax

Master Don Juan
Joined
Dec 2, 2004
Messages
2,329
Reaction score
5
OR how about keeping it simple and doing this....

Originally posted by david90
I approached this girl and the convo was s hit. I analyzed the convo but couldn't really find out why it was so bad. It had many pauses and awkward silences. I asked her questions and tried to follow up on her answers but the problem was that her answers were short therefore I have nothing to follow up on.
What i find to be most helpfull is if you simple say to her

" Is there a reason that you arent being talkative? "

Why go through the trouble of having to make a thread about it and then asking questions and worrying about it when all you had to do is ask HER?

Just a thought:rolleyes:
 

“The 22 Rules That Turned Me From Invisible to Irresistible With Women… Starting Tonight”

You can skip the expensive cars, the fancy clothes, and the endless gym selfies. Completely unnecessary.

I used to freeze the second a beautiful woman looked my way. Frustrated. Awkward. Watching other guys walk away with the girl while I stood there tongue-tied.

Then I discovered 22 simple rules that rewired my entire dating life. The anxiety vanished. Conversations flowed effortlessly. Women started chasing me for a change.

These rules trigger a woman's subconscious attraction switches. And you can start using them tonight.

Read more...

Gonzalo

Senior Don Juan
Joined
Mar 11, 2003
Messages
448
Reaction score
1
Age
44
Re: OR how about keeping it simple and doing this....

Originally posted by ~ªêQµïTª$~
What i find to be most helpfull is if you simple say to her

" Is there a reason that you arent being talkative? "

Why go through the trouble of having to make a thread about it and then asking questions and worrying about it when all you had to do is ask HER?

Don't expect straight answers from women, ESPECIALLY if she's not interested in you (most likely reason why she's not into the convo).

G
 

david90

Senior Don Juan
Joined
Jul 3, 2004
Messages
423
Reaction score
0
^ agreed. I doubt girls would give an honest answer which then make the question useless.
 

Climax

Master Don Juan
Joined
Dec 2, 2004
Messages
2,329
Reaction score
5
No harm in asking!

there is no harm in asking... and sometimes u might just get the truth?:rolleyes: I can normally tell by the tone and way that she answers if she is lying or not, but i guess thats just me?

Laterz...
 
Joined
Nov 13, 2004
Messages
157
Reaction score
0
Location
England
A good convo takes chemistry. If it was a cold approach, you shouldn't be surprised if the girl is a little shy at the first meeting. Imo: the best you should be aiming for is a number close, unless she's showing you a whole lot of interest. :D

If you knew the chick beforehand, either she's seriously nervous (and that should be obvious to you), or she isn't feeling chemistry between you too. You probably aren't either, cos the stuff is contagious!

If it wasn't a cold approach, next her.

If I was you, I wouldn't ask her - you'll get a ton of ********, AND come off needy.
 
Top