"The Kiss of Death Mistake"

You replay the conversation at 2 a.m. She texted back fast yesterday. Today, nothing. Was that smile friendly or flirty? What did the shoulder touch mean?

Every hour you spend decoding her signals drains your confidence and hands her the controls. Women can sense that insecurity from across the room — and it repels them.

One of the "22 Rules" kills the obsession on the spot: assume she likes you, and act accordingly. Sounds too simple. Works anyway.

Her interest tends to rise to meet your expectations. Psychologists call it a self-fulfilling prophecy.

Read more...

A girl, kino, need advice....

gm8384

Don Juan
Joined
May 4, 2004
Messages
77
Reaction score
0
Through reading this site I have come to realize that KINO is one of the most important things you need to do when you are interested in a girl. Kino is a great way of showing interest, but I am new to the entire workings/understanding of it.

Now for why I am posting. I was at a teachers office hours getting some HW help and there were about 10 of us there. This one girl that was sitting near me was asking me for some help with her HW. I obliged as to make the most of the situation. When everyone was leaving she asked if I had another class or if I wanted to go to the library to work on the HW.

So we go to the library and she is asking questions about me (where am I from, what my major, classes I am taking etc) and she seemed suprised/excited that we are actually ina few other classes together. So we go to the library and the stuff I learned on this site kicks in.

When we are sitting there I am kino-ing her, arm around her chair when she goes to show me something, touching her hand when I have a question and sh*t like that.

She didn't respond badly to the kino, like by moving more away from me, but I didn't notice her trying to get any closer either. So how am I to interpret this? Is it more likely she was just looking for someone to do the HW with and was being friendly by askin me stuff about me, or should I keep on with the kino because she may be interested?
 
Last edited:

"I just moved here from Florida."

That sentence contains at least five follow-up questions she WANTS you to ask. Where in Florida? What brought you here? How long have you been in the area? What do you miss? How does it compare to here?

She handed them to you on a silver platter. And you said, "Oh cool. I come here every week. I love this band. Ummm... pretty crowded tonight."

She smiled politely. Nodded. And never texted you back.

I was that guy for years. Talking too much. Listening too little. Panicking about my next sentence while she was literally feeding me the answers.

Then I found 22 rules that fixed the whole thing. Rule number one: shut up and listen. She'll tell you exactly what to say.

Read more...

Slickster

Master Don Juan
Joined
Feb 1, 2003
Messages
2,517
Reaction score
215
Location
Canada
Lay off the kino a bit. If she isn't interested yet you may come off a little creepy.

Look for other indicators of interest (IOI's) and when you get them you can start in with more kino.

If she is interested then she'll find some way of letting you know.
 

SealTeamSix

Don Juan
Joined
Jul 16, 2004
Messages
105
Reaction score
0
touching arm is more of social kino (but good start!). Not so intimate. Most girls thinks this type of kino is 'being friendly'.

intimate kinos would be you playing her hair while you look in her eyes .. or kino her ear lobe .. upper back shoulder blades ..
If this girl let you wander these areas .. then I say you are IN!
 

gm8384

Don Juan
Joined
May 4, 2004
Messages
77
Reaction score
0
Rabbit - I will be seeing this girl a lot, because it turns out we are in 3 out of 5 classes together. I didn't ask for her number (I know I know, I really should have) but next time I see her one of the first things I will do is get it.

I agree the library wasn't the best social environment but it was the only one that presented itself at the time so I tried to take advantage of it.

Slickster - Good idea to not go too heavy on the kino. Like SealTeam said, what I was doing was more of a social kino. I still think you are right that I should cut back and watch for some IOI before I continue too much.

dementia - I think I did a good job with the kino I used. I didn't go for the intimate kinos so I highly doubt she felt like I was tryin to molest her. The stuff I did actually felt pretty natural, hopefully that is how it came across to her...

I will update next week when I see her (and get her number)
 

gm8384

Don Juan
Joined
May 4, 2004
Messages
77
Reaction score
0
Well, I had a class with her again today and I got her number. We didn't really talk much durring class (it is class afterall) but when we were packing up I slid my notebook over and said, "How about you write your number down"

She said "My Number?" thats when I almost lost it. I felt like I needed to give a reason for asking for it, and instead of saying something C&F I just mumbled something, but she wrote it anyways.

She seems pretty into talking to me and she laughs a lot when I crack a joke but who knows. I plan on asking her out later this week, but I know she has a lot of HW and projects so we will see how it goes....
 

“The 22 Rules That Flip the Script With Women… And How You Can Use Them Tonight”

Most guys accidentally kill attraction before they even speak. They assume they need a bigger bank account, a better physique, or smoother lines. They miss the point.

Female desire operates on a specific set of psychological triggers.  Break them, and you're invisible. Follow them, and you become magnetic.

I learned this the hard way. Years of freezing up. Getting friend-zoned. Watching other guys walk away with the girl I wanted. Then I discovered a set of 22 simple rules that rewired my entire approach.

Read more...

quest

Master Don Juan
Joined
Nov 15, 2003
Messages
1,176
Reaction score
0
good work gm.. except one thing..

I plan on asking her out later this week, but I know she has a lot of HW and projects so we will see how it goes....
that sounds to me like ur already making excuses for her..
i'm sure she could find time to go out with u if shes interested..
 

gm8384

Don Juan
Joined
May 4, 2004
Messages
77
Reaction score
0
Good observation quest.

I have been having a pretty lousy week so this was my excuse to not get my hopes up (if thats what you want to call it).

You made me realize though I need to stop thinking about stuff and just do it and move on if it doesn't go well....
 

DJ_Dork

Master Don Juan
Joined
Jun 29, 2003
Messages
1,178
Reaction score
0
Age
48
kino has to be natural/timed right. the rule to this exception is that only girls can just grab you right then and there, but guys is not the same.
 
Top