Hello Friend,

If this is your first visit to SoSuave, I would advise you to START HERE.

It will be the most efficient use of your time.

And you will learn everything you need to know to become a huge success with women.

Thank you for visiting and have a great day!

A gallon of water a day

Heizen

Senior Don Juan
Reaction score
Haha, thats because it takes energy to warm up the water, hence calorie loss. But it's minimal.

Your body will retain water if it thinks you won't be getting any for a while, so drinking lots of water actually stop retention of water because your body has no reason to hold it. This is why your piss is clear when you drink alot.

Drink before you are thirsty, eat before you are hungry. By the time you are thirsty, you are already starting to become dehydrated. Don't go chugging water down all day long, as it can dilute the chemicals in your brain (A woman in the boston marathon died of this a few years ago) but drink a reasonable amount and make sure your piss is clear and copious.

PeoplesChamp

Don Juan
Reaction score
4 gallons is a good way to solve your abs problem...you drink 4 gallons, slip in to a coma, and die in pool of your own urine. No more girl problems and hey after a few days of decomposition those abs will be looking swell.

Nightwing

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Originally posted by Heizen
Haha, thats because it takes energy to warm up the water, hence calorie loss. But it's minimal.

Your body will retain water if it thinks you won't be getting any for a while, so drinking lots of water actually stop retention of water because your body has no reason to hold it. This is why your piss is clear when you drink alot.

Drink before you are thirsty, eat before you are hungry. By the time you are thirsty, you are already starting to become dehydrated. Don't go chugging water down all day long, as it can dilute the chemicals in your brain (A woman in the boston marathon died of this a few years ago) but drink a reasonable amount and make sure your piss is clear and copious.

There's a condition that effects athletes like distance runners and triathelets who drink too much water which proves to be fatal because their bodies take in more water than it gets rid of. I forgot the name of it, but it's mentioned in the article that I attached in my last post. But from my experience, for most people excessive water consumption just causes your average person to p!ss a lot.

Heizen

Senior Don Juan
Reaction score
Originally posted by Nightwing
There's a condition that effects athletes like distance runners and triathelets who drink too much water which proves to be fatal because their bodies take in more water than it gets rid of. I forgot the name of it, but it's mentioned in the article that I attached in my last post. But from my experience, for most people excessive water consumption just causes your average person to p!ss a lot.
Thats the kind of condition I am referring to. But you can also do it while not running, but it takes a LOT of water to do that.

LordBrian

Don Juan
Reaction score
its cuz they sweat it a lot of water, and they drink way too much to compensate. Electrolytes become highly unbalanced which kills people.

SELF-MASTERY

Banned
Reaction score
Im one of those bottled water junkies. I drink at least one container every hour.

Nightwing

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Originally posted by Heizen
Thats the kind of condition I am referring to. But you can also do it while not running, but it takes a LOT of water to do that.
You're talking about polydipsia. I've seen those types of people before. They literally get drunk off of water--I mean drinking water for them is like me or you drinking Jack Daniels. That condition is fatal too.

diablo

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Originally posted by Nightwing
You're talking about polydipsia. I've seen those types of people before. They literally get drunk off of water--I mean drinking water for them is like me or you drinking Jack Daniels.
Talk about a cheap date...

Zhen

Don Juan
Reaction score
I've lost about a pound since drinking 4 nalgenes a day... is that from water or working out... before I started I hit a plateau in weightloss so I'm assuming it's the water... anyway would that weight lost be water weight for fat

Mikelo2k

Senior Don Juan
Reaction score
S-s-s-s-s-sssoodium!

The real issue here is not so much drinking too much water, but diluting sodium (salt) concentrations in the body. When the sodium concentrations are diluted too heavily, the body's electrolyte balance is disrupted and problems start to arise.

Drinking stuff like 'Gatorade' is good, because there is added sodium within the ingredients.

So, what is the moral of the story?
If you drink alot of water, it may be a good idea to include a little extra sodium in your diet as well.

MiKELo2K

Oxide

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
What the ****, how does this thread keep going.

First of all, you get plenty of sodium with the food you eat, so i'd advice you AGAINST trying to drink more of it.

Most importanly, water is used to make KIDNEYS WORK BETTER. When you eat large numbers of protein, your kidneys have to work harder to digest it. That is the main reason.

Gatorade is ****, do not drink it unless you just got done working out..even then it is not recommended.

skyjcky

Don Juan
Reaction score
Originally posted by ghostin
Ridiculous. H20 is H20. The small amount of chemicals in the water aren't gunna hurt you.

Oh, and most bottled water is just bottled tap water from other cities.

Any proof of this??

Nightwing

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Originally posted by Oxide

First of all, you get plenty of sodium with the food you eat, so i'd advice you AGAINST trying to drink more of it.

Most importanly, water is used to make KIDNEYS WORK BETTER. When you eat large numbers of protein, your kidneys have to work harder to digest it. That is the main reason.

Gatorade is ****, do not drink it unless you just got done working out..even then it is not recommended.

EXACTLY!!!!

Warboss Alex

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Nothing wrong with Gatorade as post-workout carbs. Dextrose gets boring after a while.

Mikelo2k

Senior Don Juan
Reaction score
FollowUp

That is the main reason for WHAT exactly Oxide?

If you read carefully, you will see that I was explaining water intoxication, which has all to do with electrolyte balance and sodium concentrations within the body.

Of course protein is hard on the Kidneys, and the Kidneys need plenty of water to function.

And although you get 'plenty of sodium' from the typical diet, DRINKING TONS OF WATER means MORE DILUTION OF SODIUM CONCENTRATIONS. Hence the threat of water intoxication.

As for Gatorade... I was using it as an example of a sports energy drink that contains sodium (and why it does). Nothing wrong with it, and I wasn't suggesting its some magical drink for bodybuilding.

Take it easy,
Mikelo2k

snintel

Senior Don Juan
Reaction score
Originally posted by ghostin
Ridiculous. H20 is H20. The small amount of chemicals in the water aren't gunna hurt you.

Oh, and most bottled water is just bottled tap water from other cities.
:rolleyes:

Such an uninformed post. Yes, that amount of chemicals will hurt you over time. Tap water is garbage, I can't believe people actually drink it. Unless you're in Nevada/AZ area where its clean. And some bottled waters are "municipal water" which means tap. Spring water means it comes from a spring somewhere, not necessarily clean. Filtered is what you want.. but just get a reverse osmosis kit in your house. BTW, it's H2O, not H2-zero.

Zhen

Don Juan
Reaction score
losing too fast...

I went from 182 to 179 in the first week I started this superhydration thing. What's happening? Am I losing fat or muscle. I'm still doing my usual lifting.

Nightwing

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Re: losing too fast...

Originally posted by Zhen
I went from 182 to 179 in the first week I started this superhydration thing. What's happening? Am I losing fat or muscle. I'm still doing my usual lifting.

No, actually it's normal. In the first 2 weeks you should lose about 7 to 10 pounds. When I first tried it, it shocked the hell out of me too, but it's nothing to be alarmed about. Keep your calorie intake at the very least 1500/day, lift like you normally lift, and you'll be fine.

nan3109

Master Don Juan
Reaction score

so how many teaspoons of SALT should i eat a day don juan dennis? haha, jk im extremely bored rihgt now

gav

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Originally posted by semag
No, a gallon is 16 cups, and 8 cups is 1/2 gallon... Unless your glasses are way over 8 oz.
lol bud, this is man's site. there are only pint glasses :D

milk is 90% water which is one of the reasons why it's great for bulking