Hello Friend,

If this is your first visit to SoSuave, I would advise you to START HERE.

It will be the most efficient use of your time.

And you will learn everything you need to know to become a huge success with women.

Thank you for visiting and have a great day!

A friend in need

driver55

Don Juan
Reaction score
Hello Gent's,

I'll cut straight to the chase. I am in need of some advice. A good friend of mine has contacted me recently (haven't spoken in about 4 months) and told me his wife left him. They have a young child together. I took this as a great shock when he told me over the phone, since it seemed as things were going ok for him.

Anyway, I have been there for him to listen to, and tried to give him some advice. What I have told him, I tried to model after the ideas I read on this site (which is a truly amazing resource). I told him to be strong, be the MAN, and work with her to make an honest effort to get back together from the seperation...

STORY: Things basically got ugly. Small things escalated into larger ones, fights happened, etc. the same crap in relationships. She got worried about his temper because of her causing stress, his work, etc.He is about 25 and she is around the same.They have been married for about 2 years, known each other about 6. They have a 1 year old together. That is about the extent of how I understand what happened.

So he called again today and told me while he was up visiting her while she was staying with her family he bought her a car. I know. My reaction on the phone was "WTF?!?! Why!?" He said she felt trapped at home (different state) because only 1 car and felt she needed to be more independent. My friend said her dad was planning on buying a car for her, but his rationale was that "No, she is my wife, I provide for her." Now he is making payments on a joint-named vehicle that SHE drives in a different state at home, while he is back at the house (which has no one but him in now) while he goes to work. Oh by the way she has no job.

He said they are going to see how marriage counseling goes this week. Yes I know....they are doing it seperately for now and this weekend they are supposed to do it together when she drives back to see him for it. Thing is, when he asks her about the joint counseling this weekend she says "We will see.." and complains that it is a long drive and tiring, etc. That was a HUGE red flag to me and I told him this.

I just told him to see how the week goes, and to judge her by her actions and not by her words. She says she wants to "work it out" but certainly doesn't seem like she is acting like it right now to me.

I am running out of advice for my friend. He is a good guy, and I am pretty sure he is AFC. Infact, I know he is after he told me he bought her a car. I fear for his marriage and his future, and the future of this child. Any other advice any can provide would be GREATLY appreciated, since I have never had to deal with a friend going through a situation like this, and only have an inkling of what it is like based on what I read here on the forums. I don't want to tell him to start hiding money, assets, thinking of things going sour, etc. since I hate to be the azzhole bringing up stuff like that and the potential of divorce since it is still somewhat early in his seperation. Should I mention this for his sake?

I also worry for him since he is obviously depressed about this and the fact of going home to an empty house truly scares him. If there is anyone who can provide some direction for me in terms of advice, thank you. Do I just be there to "listen"? Or should I even direct him to the forums? I feel like I want to help him with some good advice and this forum has taught me so much...

Phyzzle

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
I don't want to tell him to start hiding money, assets, thinking of things going sour, etc. since I hate to be the azzhole bringing up stuff like that and the potential of divorce since it is still somewhat early in his seperation. Should I mention this for his sake?
Yes! When is a good time to bring up the subject of divorce? If not after a separation, then when?

Bible_Belt

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
I'm sure she goes out on dates with other guys in that car he bought her.

He needs a lawyer, not a counselor. He can file for divorce locally, and make her have to travel back home and show up to court, or else she is going to do the same thing to him if she files first. If he was a big enough dumbass to put the car in her name, his lawyer can help convince the judge that the car is adequate alimony and that he should not have to pay any more.
The custody battle is going to be huge if she wants to take the kid and live far away, unless your friend is OK with that.

All is fair in love and war. This is both. Get a lawyer and show no mercy.

MacAvoy

Banned
Reaction score
I think you need to get him in touch with a divorced man's group. Its your only hope in hell to prepare him for the hell he's about to go through. Right now anything you say isn't going to get through to him.

He's a waste case, write off if she splits up with him and he rewards her by buying her a car.

I would point things out to him politely but straight to the point and then if he doesn't take your help, walk away and shut him out until he is willing to follow your advice.

I'm tired of wasting my breath on people who won't listen, if your friend won't listen, the best thing for him is tough love. Don't be his emotional tampon, otherwise he'll just use that consoling so he can turn around and be her emotional tampon.

ps I've got the e-book how to stop your divorce if you want to give it to him, but I sincerely doubt he'll follow the advice.

WestCoaster

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Example of why one shouldn't be married before 30, your emotions and manhood aren't yet intact. Correct on getting a good lawyer, correct on getting him into a men's divorce group.

Steer him to sosuave.com, the articles and DJ Bible first, then the message board. Some of those articles are amazing. He should read them; all men -- married and single -- should read the DJ bible and re-gain their nads.

wayword

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
MacAvoy said:
He's a waste case, write off if she splits up with him and he rewards her by buying her a car.
W...T...LMAO! :eek: :crackup:

I think the gender wars here are now officially over. Women won.

Men from all other countries must be laughing their azzes off at us here. Most militarily-powerful country who bullies nations all around the world, yet the men can't even get an ounce of respect from their wives. What are we even fighting for? Men out dying on the battlefiled to FEED THE MATRIARX that oppresses them back at home!

decades

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
He should start being the prize. He still is treating her like the Queen. She is toying with him. He needs to detach and withdraw and see how she reacts. He needs to test her to gauge her level of interest. She Knows that he is interested because of the way he is acting. He has to act opposite of how he has been acting. He should become less available to her.

He should treat her like an acquaintance and start making plans to make the separation formal. He needs to be ALL business and treat her like an associate. See how she reacts. He must change the dynamic and start wearing the pants in the family. He has to call the shots and demonstrate to this woman who the strong one is.

I don't think he has it in him. But he is young and he can learn from this. He will have many more opportunities to get it right. He married way too young. He should take time and learn how to be anti-afc.

regards

driver55

Don Juan
Reaction score
Thanks guys...

Well, you all pretty much confirmed what I thought, I just needed that advice.

Belt - Next time we talk I am going to bring divorce up...as bad as it may seem.

MacAvoy - That was one of my worries...I don't think I am really getting through to him! Good advice, tough love may be the best thing here.

WestCoaster - Your post was exactly what I was thinking of when he first called to tell me the news. Yet another example...

PE - You are spot on. He is treating her like the Queen. And what you are saying is exactly along the lines of what I tried to explain to him. I asked him if he is always the one initiating the calls. He is. I asked if she ever calls first. She does not. Therefore, she has more power than him in this relationship, from what I am gathering. I told him to NOT CALL HER the next day. Fill his day with so many activites that he just doesn't think about calling, as tough as it may seem. Honestly, I don't think he will do it. That is what I tried to convey to him - become less available, to gauge her interest in order to see where she is really at. Thanks for backing up what I thought.

Again, I will keep you posted. Thanks for the advice so far guys.

Drive On...

flexion_

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
driver55 said:
I'll cut straight to the chase. I am in need of some advice. A good friend of mine has contacted me recently (haven't spoken in about 4 months) and told me his wife left him. They have a young child together.
Woman don't just leave a husband and child for no reason. Either she has met someone else or has DECIDED that the marriage is not worth wasting anymore time on it. She has DECIDED.

I'm not really sure what your friend wants to try and figure out. The relationship is unfortunately over and he should act accordingly.

KarmaSutra

Banned
Reaction score
Padron Reserve maduro in hand while finishing my b
Women will not leave a guy unless she has another option. She's testing the "grass is greener" hypothesis. What's done is done. Your pal needs to fit both balls into the sac and pull up his pants.

Let the b!tch go but be a viable, productive part in the childs life.

I can say it because I've done it.

driver55

Don Juan
Reaction score
Update

Alright fellas,

Well, got a hold of my friend this past week. Apparently, he confessed to me that he almost committed suicide. I just tried to be as comforting as I could. He is now seeking the professional help he needs. I was so pissed at this when I found out. Not at him, but her, and how our society instills these AFC beliefs in men.

Karma & flexion - I believe you are correct. Either that or there were 'other' relationship problems...

He just told me he made out with some chic at a bar with his boys while out trying to just have fun and get his mind of things. Started smoking too. I am telling him to not use negative things to preoccupy himself with. Stay positive. Work out, read etc. Ironically he has started reading....he asked me if I had heard of a book that looks like a bible called "The Game". I laughed. I was honest and finally told him to consider the reality of divorce. I think he may have appreciated the honesty....he said he does have a 'plan', whatever that means, incase it comes to that.

Regardless guys, thanks for the advice and comments. I am now requesting that a moderator (Rollo?) delete this thread, as I am going to recommend the forums to him for additional help in his time of need, and don't want these postings visible.

Drive on...