"How I Made Sure No Woman Ever Friend-Zoned Me Again"

She calls you when her car breaks down. When she needs help moving. When some guy she's actually dating treats her badly.

You're the listener. The reliable one. The guy who would treat her so much better, if she'd just open her eyes.

She won't. You trained her to see you as the low-effort option — the friend who requires zero risk and zero investment. Every favor dug the hole deeper.

The "22 Rules" break the pattern. You'll stop auditioning for a role she already cast and become the man she chases instead. It starts with Rule 1.

Read more...

A feint within a feint.... Within a feint.

LikRetsam

Master Don Juan
Joined
Oct 30, 2003
Messages
1,633
Reaction score
1
A girlfriend is a truly wonderful thing for an accomplished DJ. All summer I have been thinking about my ex here and there, admiring how no girls were anywhere near what she is. This is the 4th time I rewrite this post having come to many conclusions through the last ones.

I always thought that she was a great girlfriend and we had a truly wonderful relationship. I thought she was one of the greatest chicks I would ever meet. I recognized how much of an accomplished individual she is. And I admire that. It stirs up an unbelievable amount of respect.

I also long believed that through her I tasted 'love'. That is perhaps true but it is also false. She meant alot to me. She still does. And thinking back, I realise why...

She was my friend.

So simply. She was my friend. Yes I have a bunch of male/female friends who I really care about.... but this is different. She opened up a new meaning to the word 'friend'. A person I could absolutly trust and rely on. It made me not care about being independant. I was happy to de dependant of her in a way. And her of me. And it was perhaps the happiest time of my life and funnest....

You can not have one thing without it's opposite. With great power comes great weakness and with great happiness comes great pain. Some people will not dare venture into that world and choose to find a happy medium where they are in fact neather happy nor sad. That is weak. That is running away.

That is why such sayings as 'You can not get it all without risking to lose it all' exist. It is an important lesson to remember what exactly you are bargaining for. Many people don't understand that... or maybe just don't fully realise.

You have two choices.... The weak way out and the strong way. Do not let your fear stop you from tasting emotion.

I miss my friend.... But I do not regret it.
 

"Stop Asking Your Friends What to Text Her"

Your buddy Dave has been single for three years and thinks "hey u up" is a valid strategy. Your other buddy Mike just got dumped and told you to "just be yourself."

You showed them her text. You asked them to decode the emoji. You drafted four responses and sent the screenshot to the group chat for a vote.

She's been waiting forty minutes.

Put the phone down. Stop crowdsourcing your love life. Type something that sounds like you. Hit send. Then go do literally anything else with your evening.

Read more...

AFK Protector

Master Don Juan
Joined
Jan 3, 2004
Messages
1,596
Reaction score
4
Location
United States of America
Hey buddy. Sorry to sound all harsh, but GET OVER IT.

I remember a post somewhat like this a while back about you two breaking it, and you took it surprisingly well, but maybe you should just reconsider and make sure this isn't going to become a oneitis thing. Is it? I have no fvcking clue.


Now...about your title.



It confused the sh1t outta my ass, man.
But..you all may be thinking.....AFK is a psycho. BUT NO I SAY!!! NO!!! This all ties in. You need to crap the memory of your old GF outta your mind.

4th time revising? That's 4 times too many Scotty.
 

LikRetsam

Master Don Juan
Joined
Oct 30, 2003
Messages
1,633
Reaction score
1
It's an analysis. Nothing more. It isn't a case of oneitis. It isn't a case of getting over it.

Wether I want to get over it or not. For my health, yes get over it. But that would be lieing to myself. To get over it means to get more chicks. To hang out with more chicks so you forget about the last one. But what if that person doesn't want to forget? I choose to fully accept what happened. Not to live in the past or forget the past. To be mindful of the future without losing touch with the present.

What if you've been on both sides? The forgetting side and then the choosing not too forget part knowing about the first part?

It's an image you can look at from different angles. I 've looked at this one from every angle I know. Stuck with a dilemna about what I want to do.

I will not crap the memory of my gf out of my head. That would be crapping a part of me. For what?

You used a computer built 10 years ago and you used a computer built this year. The new one is 10 billion times better than the old. You can't deny that it exists just because you CAN'T have it.

Do you see the relevance between the title, the story and what's written between the lines? This is about weakness. And what you thought was a weakness may not actually be a weakness.
 

Need-2-B-Pimpin

Senior Don Juan
Joined
Aug 16, 2003
Messages
359
Reaction score
0
I like your posts Lik, they're very insightful and candid.
 
Joined
May 11, 2004
Messages
58
Reaction score
0
Age
39
Location
Mississippi - home of boredom
how can you be 15 and be a master don juan? unless of course you've been doing this since you were 12. I've been doing this I guess since I was 14 but I wouldn't call myself a master. I'm in the infancy of being a don juan... you must have mad skills my friend <hands props>
 

"She Made Her Decision Before You Finished Your Sentence"

Three seconds. That's how long it took. Your shoes. Your posture. The way you held your drink. Whether you looked at the floor or looked at her.

She already filed you away. Interesting. Boring. Safe. Bold. Before you even opened your mouth.

Everything you say after that is just her confirming what she already decided.

So stop rehearsing lines. Fix the first three seconds. Stand tall. Look up. Smile like you mean it. Walk like you belong wherever you're standing.

The words come later. The impression comes first.

Read more...

TheMinistered

Don Juan
Joined
Oct 16, 2003
Messages
114
Reaction score
0
He isn't a master don juan, read the above-- it shows that he was infatuated and probably sucked in by that girl. No master don juan falls for that, usually first timers fall for that. The exception being that the dirty ***** was a trick at her game :p

LikRetSam has the Master Don Juan status because he has posted 828 times. Personaly, I think titles should be done away with or clearly marked as not reflecting skill because all they reflect is how often you post on the forum. That being said, I'm sure there are one or two no life nerds who post on here A LOT without any real experience-- /me winks at LikRetSam.

[OFF TOPIC]
How come I keep reading these philosophical posts about the same thing over, and over, and over, and over again? touch on a subject, and bookmark/tacky it. I've seen atleast 3 posts today that have been discussed already, one being "go balls to the wall" / "grab your balls".
[/OFF TOPIC]
 

Need-2-B-Pimpin

Senior Don Juan
Joined
Aug 16, 2003
Messages
359
Reaction score
0
Who gives a **** about the titles? I think mine's Senior Don Juan (pffffft notta chance, I'm 17 and been into this for a year or so.) Lik's posts are good because they're honest and he doesn't make sure he says everything according to the damned 'rules' of DJism; he says what he means and feels. I've recently been thinking actually, why go for just sex when a real relationship is more risky emotionally, and more rewarding eventually? I've been thinking that making sure not to have a strong relationship is weak, almost like hiding from something, does anyone have a response to that other than the standard "Women are all evil *****es and you'll get played" stuff?
 

AFK Protector

Master Don Juan
Joined
Jan 3, 2004
Messages
1,596
Reaction score
4
Location
United States of America
Originally posted by Need-2-B-Pimpin
I've been thinking that making sure not to have a strong relationship is weak, almost like hiding from something, does anyone have a response to that other than the standard "Women are all evil *****es and you'll get played" stuff?
Yeah, titles don't mean sh1t around here. If you post over 200...or 300...I'm not sure...you get to be a senior DJ. If you're over 500, you're a MAster DJ.

Now, to answer your question. Yes I do have another response. It's called, "get outta your fairy tale land cuz you're only 15." You're 15....the girl is 15....what are the chances this is gonna succeed? This...so called, strong relationship? Thing is, when you're 15, or 16, or maybe even 17, "strong relationships" do not exist. They are an endangered species....close to extinct. So yeah, it may be weak, but it saves you a hella a lot of time and heart wreck.

But if you're one of those optimisticly blind people who thinks it can be done, go for it. But you'll be in for a crap load of weepin'.
 

NRM

Master Don Juan
Joined
May 6, 2004
Messages
563
Reaction score
0
Lik, some other the other points the other guys are making are right. If you place an ex-girlfriend this high up in your mind, all other girls are going to be inferior to her. Why would you want to date someone who is inferior to your "friend" or what seems to be the perfect girl. That's almost lowering your standards to a whole new level.

If you still think of your ex girlfriend this way, saying she's perfect for a Don Juan, what you're probably thinking is how she would be perfect for you. If you put a girl like this, this high up, it'll cause problems when she starts dating other guys that are either not up to your level or just not you.

Of course you don't want to forget about the past, but for your benefit, you need to. It doesn't matter how much fun you have, the fun is over, and things will never be the same. That is why you need to get over it, move on, find some more fun with other girls. Why should you crap the picture of this awesome girlfriend out of your head? Because it WILL interfere with your future relationships. You're still extremely young, even though you are intelligent, you have yet to experience many things. Either way, good luck with whatever you're doing.
 

LikRetsam

Master Don Juan
Joined
Oct 30, 2003
Messages
1,633
Reaction score
1
Hi2u the ministered.

NRM, while what you say is true, I must clarify that the story is just there to illustrate a point because alot of new people got my msn and this issue kept coming up.

It was clear to me that the biggest weakness to a DJ is the fear of having a weakness.

Im in Morocco right now and am having a great time with the gals (and I do mean great and galS).

The topic is perhaps the most important part of this post. This post is not what it seems. Gf is in the past and plenty better to go round.

Back on topic. We were weak, we came to the site. We fear becoming what we were, it is what we fear most. We avoid it at all costs.

Just a warning about a weakness within a weakness within a weakness.

If you notice the majority of these replies are automatic. No second thought given. Its basicly copy paste. Check Matrix's quote from Einstein.

You fear giving in emotionally and risking a wonderful time with a chick but you blindly accept what you are told. Think about it.. You defend something you don't even agree with.

Lik

[EDIT] Check the responses to the actual story. Perfect illustration of my point of fear.
 

"Stop Asking Your Friends What to Text Her"

Your buddy Dave has been single for three years and thinks "hey u up" is a valid strategy. Your other buddy Mike just got dumped and told you to "just be yourself."

You showed them her text. You asked them to decode the emoji. You drafted four responses and sent the screenshot to the group chat for a vote.

She's been waiting forty minutes.

Put the phone down. Stop crowdsourcing your love life. Type something that sounds like you. Hit send. Then go do literally anything else with your evening.

Read more...

TheMinistered

Don Juan
Joined
Oct 16, 2003
Messages
114
Reaction score
0
Then you should rename your topic, obviously you were refering to false appearances, an assumption/presumption. That is the definition of the word 'feint' used in your context-- not weakness!

Now, I know that no 15 year old has the word 'feint' in his vocabulary. Thus, you obviously have been using websters dictionary.

Which brings me to my next conclusion, I think you enjoy writing bull**** philisophy. You find pleasure in sitting on the computer most of the day pulling **** out of your ass because people think it's real and enjoy it. I believe some here know that 50-80% of what you say comes straight from your ass and is certaintly not a real life experience. I don't think you're stupid, etc etc-- I think you just have something wrong with you.

That's my opinion, everyone has one.
 

JSH

Master Don Juan
Joined
Dec 20, 2003
Messages
1,088
Reaction score
0
Age
39
Location
London
um ministered i was using words like feint at 13, so just because you still had to look it up at ur age doesnt mean he wouldnt understand. Anyway waht kind of retard uses websters thats American, how can an american be the definitive author on English.
 

The Antichrist_Star

Master Don Juan
Joined
Sep 9, 2002
Messages
1,066
Reaction score
3
Age
41
Originally posted by TheMinistered
Then you should rename your topic, obviously you were refering to false appearances, an assumption/presumption. That is the definition of the word 'feint' used in your context-- not weakness!

Now, I know that no 15 year old has the word 'feint' in his vocabulary. Thus, you obviously have been using websters dictionary.

Which brings me to my next conclusion, I think you enjoy writing bull**** philisophy. You find pleasure in sitting on the computer most of the day pulling **** out of your ass because people think it's real and enjoy it. I believe some here know that 50-80% of what you say comes straight from your ass and is certaintly not a real life experience. I don't think you're stupid, etc etc-- I think you just have something wrong with you.

That's my opinion, everyone has one.
As much as I would really, really hate to get into this... I feel like something really has to be said about it. Ministered... you clearly have not cracked open a philosophy book or taken a class on the subject... because if you think what he posted was it... you would be wrong. Me and Lik agree little, but his post had nothing to do with philosophy and everything to do with how he was feeling at the moment... nothing more... nothing less. Secondly, what human do you know, would derive even the simplest pleasure from getting on an internet forum... and lying to a bunch of people? Honestly bro... does that even make sense? He may be fifteen (and therefore probably has only a little bit of a life) but I think we would all agree that he, you and I all have something better to do with our time.

The fact that you blantantly assume that he would create a whole story about a girl, about a girl who was is friend is ridiculous. We all know very little of each other (personally anyway) and I know you would jump down the throat of anyone who may question what you do in "real life." So do not throw stones. I hate to rant and rave about this, but I am just sick of a lot of guys on believing that you sit all day with a thumb up your ass if you have emotion and if you decide to share those emotions. That you are on some "mystical thought journey" (to borrow from someone) if you think about a situation for more than fifteen milliseconds. As much as it is important to live your life and have as much fun as you can... reality is reality and emotions are real. It is unfortunate for all of us... because we all have to experience them and feel them at some point... you can choose to live in denial if you want.

And opinions are like assholes... everybody has one.
 

AFK Protector

Master Don Juan
Joined
Jan 3, 2004
Messages
1,596
Reaction score
4
Location
United States of America
Originally posted by JSH
Anyway waht kind of retard uses websters thats American,
:( :( :(

I use Webster's..:(

I also have this Funk and Wagnall's Big Ass Dictionary That I'm Too Lazy to Bring Out. Anyways, yeah I like MAtrix's ******* comment. It cracked me up. hahahaha
 

Biphoria

Don Juan
Joined
Nov 1, 2003
Messages
88
Reaction score
0
Congrats. This post perfectly illustrates your real point. I doubt too many people got it which just further reinforces what you are saying.

Textbook replies.
 

“The 22 Rules That Turned Me From Invisible to Irresistible With Women… Starting Tonight”

You can skip the expensive cars, the fancy clothes, and the endless gym selfies. Completely unnecessary.

I used to freeze the second a beautiful woman looked my way. Frustrated. Awkward. Watching other guys walk away with the girl while I stood there tongue-tied.

Then I discovered 22 simple rules that rewired my entire dating life. The anxiety vanished. Conversations flowed effortlessly. Women started chasing me for a change.

These rules trigger a woman's subconscious attraction switches. And you can start using them tonight.

Read more...

Top