Hello Friend,

If this is your first visit to SoSuave, I would advise you to START HERE.

It will be the most efficient use of your time.

And you will learn everything you need to know to become a huge success with women.

Thank you for visiting and have a great day!

A Don Juan How-to Video

PoachR75

Senior Don Juan
Reaction score
Some time ago, a post asked what different guys thought were Don Juan movies. Of course we have "Swingers", "In the Company of Men", and, certainly, "Don Juan DeMarco".

Someone mentioned a little-known, straight-to-video movie, "The Tao of Steve". I finally got around to watch it last night. Loved it! You guys gotta see this. An slacker gives his "system" (inspired by philosophy) on getting women. Most of it is just smacking of the Bible. See it as soon as you can, everything will seem farmiliar. The only drawback is that it turns romantic toward the end, but what can you expect, it was co-written by a woman. But the first hour and a half demonstrate DJ principles. "We pursue that which retreats from us" (Zen stuff and DJ maxim if I ever heard one). His main rules around women are: Be "desire-less", be "excellent" (do something really cool in her presence), and then "be gone" (unavailable, scarce, and draw her back and attract her to you).

Guys rent it and see it and I'll bump this post 'cause I'd like to hear comments. They WILL be good!

------------------
Treat the ho's like queens and the queens like ho's. Do it. No guilt.

Character

Don Juan
Reaction score
i saw it and thought it would be alot better. it got too boring towards the 2nd half of the movie. i kept wanting steve to say some more or his system but there wasnt much. it's an ok movie i guess

myteamouse

Don Juan
Reaction score
Its not a total a to z dj guide and it did drift a little towards chick channel heaven
but........if u were to follow his three rule blueprint, in a realistic time frame,
you'd be a lot better off than doin' what most guys do........definately worth a look.

Galactus

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
I watched it last night. I have to say, I was disappointed. I was hoping to see this guy macking some chicks, so I could observe and learn.

I also thought he sure did turn into an AFC with that Syd chick. She wasn't even that hot!

I agree with the desire-less part. A lot of guys here say you should show her you're sexual, which I suppose is okay as long as it's not directed at her. But I'm telling you, over and over again, I've scored with chicks by not acting sexual at all. I treated them like friends, and before you know it, they're all over me. As a matter of fact, I'm going to go over to this chick's house today and act neutered. Her interest level isn't yet where I want it, but this technique is what's gotten me this far. Into her house, at her invitation. If it weren't for that damn boyfriend...

I don't really get the be excellent part. He didn't explain that very well. I'm a great artist, does that mean I should draw a portrait of every chick I meet? If it means you have to stand out from the rest, I agree, but I think you can do that by being desire-less, and being gone. I think the rest is just up to my unique personality traits and physical appearance. Luckily I look better than the dude in the movie.

It wasn't the worst movie I've ever seen, but I just didn't see enough DJing. He talked about it more than he actually did it. It would have been cool to see it in action. Instead it was 90% chick flick.

the graphics guy

Don Juan
Reaction score
True, not enough DJing and he winds up a slobbering AFC at the end, but we should engrave those three rules in stone.
As for the question of showing excellence, i think its just a matter of demonstrating that you "got game" whatever it is, show that you are talented and above all have your $h1t together. Why do superstars get laid? Do whatever you do best and do it well. It doesn't mean you have to draw a picture of every chyck, but if she knows you got skills and are confident of them, she will respect you. I don't shoot videos of every chyck I meet, but when I discuss some of the cool stuff I get involved with, it raises their excitement level, and also lets them know they are not dealing with some boring unconfident loser.

[This message has been edited by the graphics guy (edited 02-15-2002).]

JUST ME

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
ANY Cary Grant movie- seriously, even Doc Love talks about his movies as the 1st true "DJ".He's so suave, a;lways calm, confident and in control with the ladies.

Linkin Skip

Don Juan
Reaction score
Bump!

I just watched "The Tailor of Panama." It's an ok movie.

However! It's very interesting to watch Pierce Brosnan seduce Catherine McCormick. Very, very DJ style. Exudes confidence. Almost a ****iness. Neghits and all.

Worth a rental...

padddy

Reaction score
I saw it. Really dissapointed. You're much better off reading the DJ Bible for an hour and a half, much less boring and youll get way more out of it

Powertrip

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
I still say Fast Times at Ridgemont High is a good source of Dj material. Check it out after reading this site and you'll see exactly what I mean.

------------------
"When the going gets weird, the weird turn pro." -Hunter S. Thompson

ArizonaDJ

Don Juan
Reaction score
I give "The Thomas Crown Affair" with Pierce Brosnan my vote for the best DJ movie. I can honestly say I learned more about how to be a DJ from that movie than from all other sources combined. WATCH IT!!