A day with Pook

Bvbidd

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Smooth Player 056 said:
Pook refused to approach. I do more approaches and he critiques me. I then beg him to do an approach, he finally gives in and walkes up and say "excuse me...." I couldnt hear the rest. The girls looked at him and said "uhg" loudly and walked off. He turned beet red.
:crackup:

WesCottII

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Smooth Player 056 said:
No disrespect though, Pook is an awesomely cool and genuine guy.
Huh. Genuine guy. Kinda the opposite of you then.

Mr_knowit_all

Senior Don Juan
Reaction score
Rollo Tomassi said:

I don't really know the whole story, but I think it's kinda strange how you guys freak out about this pook guy........

Reaction score
I can't believe how high you value Pook. If he ever made a video, would he care if he made it as high quality as possible, with perfect results, and ample commentary? I don't think so, if Pook could even be arsed to make a video, he'd take whatever camera was around, and produce his first approaches. He wouldn't care about the quality, he wouldn't care about the success, he probably wouldn't give a break down... it would just bee too much work for something that would be forgotten or abused.

Nice to know you've all made a deity out of an author. Don't fool yourselves with the credibility and the actions of a man you never knew personally that they would NEVER take a certain action. It's like the woman who says "he would never do that". Or the nice guy who begins to change, and people exclaim "but your so nice"!

Pook can fvck up. He could be a social retard KBJ.

The only thing that makes him great in your eyes is his knowledge(commonly associated with wisdom, but no where near) and his writing style(narrative/third person/first person). It is not generally the knowledge though, it's the combined presentation of the knowledge.

Marlimus

Senior Don Juan
Reaction score
What the fvck, people! Technically 'Pook' does not exist, cease the idolatry! Take what you need for your own development and move on, don't start a bloody cult.

johnmich

Senior Don Juan
Reaction score
Yes, the same thoughts are jus entering my head.
Although Pook has written some inspirational posts, it doesnt mean he isnt a KBJ.

Not to diss him but it could be true.

SalParadise

Don Juan
Reaction score
'Pook' could be a keyboard jockey. He could be an Adonis. He could be a slobbering blue alien in a hoverpod who eats babies. Who cares?

Point is. His writing is inspirational, well-read and full of ideas.

Some of us have found it very beneficial, which is why there are all these angry responses - we don't want some AFC coming to the material with a tarnished perspective, and miss out on the potential benefit is has to offer him.

'Duh. Some guy told me dah Pook turned beet red'. And he misses out on a multitude of thoughtful posts.

The point of the original post seems to enrage the Pook fans of the board for the author's amusement. Let's not give further substinence to it!

crumpiteer

Don Juan
Reaction score
This Not Only Involves Pook, it involves the integrity of the sosuave community

Stackthestyles said:
I can't believe how high you value Pook.
Stack, it's fine that you are of the opinion that Pook is over-rated. In this regard, nobody will hold it against you. because not everyone agrees, nor has to agree with Pook's writings & his thinking. Not everyone has to see value in Pook's writings. i respect that, & your opinion of Pook. However, it is wrong when somone fabricates a tall story to tarnish another, be it against Pook or anyone else.

in the case of smoothplayer, his story abt his day with Pook clearly shows some points of inconsistency within the paragraphs (as some of us had explained in the previous posts). The story is also incongruent with someone(smoothplayer) who wasn't known to have engaged in any open discussion/debate in this forum with Pook suddenly posts a story abt him rambling abt seduction theories & sarging in a mall. Sorry, but the story just doesn't fit. (Remember the time when you tried to tell a lie & someone knew at once you were lying because the lines somehow just didn't fit?)

Stackthestyles said:
Nice to know you've all made a deity out of an author. Don't fool yourselves with the credibility and the actions of a man you never knew personally that they would NEVER take a certain action. It's like the woman who says "he would never do that". Or the nice guy who begins to change, and people exclaim "but your so nice"!
i do not personally know Pook, i do not know his personality, his character. But all the articles he wrote CONSISTANTLY reveals a certain train of thought & a kind of style. The story which smoothplayer had spun simply didn't fit with the spirit behind Pook's articles.

Stackthestyles said:
Pook can fvck up. He could be a social retard KBJ.
That is possible. Even so.. if i knew i were a social retard & i could fvck up, i wouldn't be so foolish as to agree to meet up with someone from the sosuave community & let him know how badly i screwed up, would i ??..

Stackthestyles said:
The only thing that makes him great in your eyes is his knowledge(commonly associated with wisdom, but no where near) and his writing style(narrative/third person/first person). It is not generally the knowledge though, it's the combined presentation of the knowledge.
That is correct. Even though he claims that he is wrote those articles as a way to talk to himself & he didn't care abt the dynamics of the sosuave forum, it is clear to many of us that his writings have influenced many of us.

Reading his articles, i learn not from him, but I LEARNT FROM MYSELF. His articles caused me to DIG FROM WITHIN MYSELF & make connections with my past experiences and thus deepen my understanding about what it means to be a Man.

Think about it. How many writers in your lifetime have you known who's writings has been so uniquely framed, engaging yet easy to grasp...so enjoyable & inspires you to discover some pearls from within yourself.. If Peter Drucker (management writer who just passed away recently) is regarded as one of the most influential writer about business, then i consider Pook as one of the most influential writer in the sosuave community.

Although this thread seems to be centering around Pook, it's actually about taking a stand against someone (of questionable credibility & integrity) trying to make a subtle attack on another's reputation by fabricating a story. If we just stood by & do nothing, the contributions of other Don Juans (ie. Jariel, Senor FIngerz, Shezz, Killapetehog, & many others) would subsequently be discredited, & thus cause a stain in the fabric of the sosuave community.

This cannot be allowed.

Last edited:

Kumar

Don Juan
Reaction score
crumpiteer said:
Although this thread seems to be centering around Pook, it's actually about taking a stand against someone (of questionable credibility & integrity) trying to make a subtle attack on another's reputation by fabricating a story. If we just stood by & do nothing, the contributions of other Don Juans (ie. Jariel, Senor FIngerz, Shezz, Killapetehog, & many others) would subsequently be discredited, & thus cause a stain in the fabric of the sosuave community.

This cannot be allowed.
This is what is all about! :up:

K

Shagadelic007

Reaction score
I can't believe I fell for the original post at first. After reading other thoughts on the matter it has become painfully evident that the story is false. I have been reading Pook's posts that are saved in the Dj Bible and his whole philosophy and approach to life as evinced in his writing runs counter to the image of him trying to pick up girls at a mall. Methinks I smell a little bull in the air and its stench is weighing thick.

spaceman2001

Banned
Reaction score
According to his profile, it's been a year since Pook has posted. You guys need to forget about him. I've read some of his posts, he seemed liked a serious keyboard jockey. I highly doubt he put any of his "inspirational" writings to good use. It was more like mindless drivel.

mrRuckus

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
i just want to be a cool guy and post something in the pook thread.

Kumar

Don Juan
Reaction score
spaceman2001 said:
I highly doubt he put any of his "inspirational" writings to good use. It was more like mindless drivel.
Man, wake up! This knowlwdge doesn't just happen. You figure it out once you put it into practice. I admire those that have the discipline and will power to write it and share it with us.

K

Charm

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
LOL! This one had me going until I read the whole story. turning beat-red was a dead give away it was made up. Good for a morning giggle.

spaceman2001

Banned
Reaction score
I think there's a deeper issue here, mr_elor. Serious emotional attachment problems. If you're still rambling on a year later about someone who posted on an internet forum, how do you handle real life detachment? Specifically with girls. Makes me wonder.

Upper

Don Juan
Reaction score
spaceman2001 said:
According to his profile, it's been a year since Pook has posted. You guys need to forget about him. I've read some of his posts, he seemed liked a serious keyboard jockey. I highly doubt he put any of his "inspirational" writings to good use. It was more like mindless drivel.
Pook practices the stuff he writes. There were reference to his personal result in some posts. Of course though, he could be a keyboard jockey, but it's evident from his posts that he's a pretty intelligent guy, and intelligent people can't cheat themselves for long.

Writing that many motivational articles and not feeling even a spur to try it out is just unlikely. Either way though, it doesn't matter. It's pretty good stuff and as long as I practice it, that's all that matters.

spaceman2001

Banned
Reaction score
Yeah, that's my point Upper. Someone who writes that long and gets that philosophical, kinda makes you wonder. Chances are the random guy who posts 3 or 4 times a month is the one pulling in the chicks, not him.

Just my .02 cents.