Hello Friend,

If this is your first visit to SoSuave, I would advise you to START HERE.

It will be the most efficient use of your time.

And you will learn everything you need to know to become a huge success with women.

Thank you for visiting and have a great day!

a contradiction in pooks works "be a man"&"be the prize"

Reaction score
I
guess your time is valuable and i respect that so i will try to make it as short as possible. AS you can see im one of the Sosuave guys :)... anywya i have to thank you for giving me the support i needed when I was trying to just be myself and get the women with no "game plan"

Reading your work was essential for me to find my "true"/"higher" self, but away with the glorifications and right to the point.

I 100% agree that it is our(boys) purpose on this earth to become men.
And i also agree that the focus must always be on your happiness.

But here comes the contradiction. I believe a man is someone who knows what he wants, is happy with himself and does whatever he wishes. A man TAKES what he wants, which means he must take the woman.

NOw i belive the moment you approach or start talking to a woman you cannot be the prize(to her, and unless she already wants you bad enough for your looks, eyecontact and energy alone)
You are the man, you pick the woman you want and you approach her, while making yourself truly vulnerable. And the degree of vulnerability you can show pretty much determins how manly you are.
(the more power you give her to reject you, the more powerful you will be)

I think you need to be honest with your desires from early on and let her know you want to give and recieve something from her. It seems almost like a trade, you give her sex, she gives you sex.
Ofcourse your beliefs have to be solid, to think you can give her something she cannot get.

And whlie talking to her you can believe you are the great catch, try to see if she fits you by asking questions but...

People often times are too afraid to open themselves up because they are afraid.. afraid of themselves.

So you need to be the man again and forget about being the prize and reveal your true self( this includes your shortcomings when neccecery)

Only then will others truly open themselves up and reaveal what they are " all about "

I belive anti-dump machine has got many things correct, but you can never get to know people on a deep level unless you are willing to give up "your prize" and make yourself vulnerable

advice needed please.
This has been bugging me for a while... you cannot be the prize and a true man at the same time because a true man does what ever is needed to get the woman he is interested in.

Atleast he should get the woman to open her true self to her, to see if she is really worth dating. But that can be very hard to do from a perspective that I AM THE PRIZE.

Dongfu

Banned
Reaction score
Wherever the Dong guides me, but mostly Hawaii
Not saying that this may not be true, but i'm having a hard time following the logic here. Statements jump around with out fully explaining.

Ex. "You are the man, you pick the woman you want and you approach her, while making yourself truly vulnerable. And the degree of vulnerability you can show pretty much determins how manly you are.
(the more power you give her to reject you, the more powerful you will be)"

I dont really get this????

Francisco d'Anconia

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
just another newb?? said:
...because a true man does what ever is needed to get the woman he is interested in.....
I challenge that premise.

Reaction score
you can never know the true nature of the woman if you keep playing it super cold, not opening yourself and letting her do all the job. infact... she will feel to intimidated to open up because of your value so high.( and that is why you will never find out "what wood" she is.

YOu will not simply find the right woman to run your kingdom with you, because most probably the woman going after the kingdom are just trying to manipulate you, by behaving as they need to get to be the queen.

Yes the prince will weed them all out and even if you weed someone out of all these girls you will still have been manipulated because the girl came after you with a purpose, she might not even want you, but only your kingdom.

Besides... with no effort on your side you will really have to be from the royal family for the 100% I am the prize mentality to work.

A king does not need to consider him self the prize... he just makes sure his interests are being met.

Interceptor

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
you cannot be the prize and a true man at the same time because a true man does what ever is needed to get the woman he is interested in.
Totally incorrect.

A "true Man" IS "The Prize".

A "true Man" is already attractive to the woman, due to his masculine nature, and sexuality. Thus, whatever he "needs" to do is simply the practical things he needs to to keep things interesting for him and her.
You seem to think that a Man is supposed to bend over backwards for a woman, and please her every whim.

When you bend over backwards to please a woman, you are no longer a Prize, you are no longer a true Man.
A tru Man is never "super cold". In fact, he is warm and inviting in a sensual and sexual nature to his woman.
He is only cold to those who have disresepcted him.
A true man knows the amount of effort to interest the woman above his natural self, and to keep the relationship going. He also already found out her worth and value to him, thus he does what is necessary to keep his woman by his side and satisfied.

I really think you need to think out your premises first, and reread the Book of Pook.
You are way off base in your assumptions.

jtrain 289

Senior Don Juan
Reaction score
Yea true men is sexually attracted to women a great deal but he will not worship her. When a women denies a true man its not the true man did somethign wrong its the women is not acting women (feminst programming) the true man knows this and he moves on

Reaction score
unfortunately you all went off course..
Hey i am a huge fan of self-improvement and i have given up reading davidD Mystery method or anything like this almost a year ago.

yes i believe its our duty here as boys to become men.

and this is the contradiction in my world... a man is someone who is active
a man is someone who chooses what he wants to do
a man is someone who has his life together
a man is someone who also cares for others and the list goes on

my definition of a prize would be someone who decides when and what is going to happen in the relationship.

A matter of fact is that in this world people might not instantly recognise you as the great prize by the way you walk or make eyecontact, energy etc.

IF you were a true prize you would just sit relax and let people(also the women) do all the work for you.

and when this happens YOU HAVE BECOME PASSIVE, you no longer go for what you want, you become so secure in your own little world thinking you are the prize that you no longer take risks.

THe prize theory is very good and right, but you can take everything to the extremes and that is no longer good.

When my I had a playstation when i was 10 I was so happy playing on it, but one day i realized that it was way more fun to call my friends over and share the experience.

You are the great prize indeed, but dont deny other people the pleasure of receiveing that prize.

and yes it is all about becoming the way nature intended you to be.
AS pook himself said:To be a man is to want, and to be woman is to be wanted
keep that last line in mind when thinking you are the great prize.

WesCottII

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
I think your definition of the prize is flawed.

In my head, being the prize just means that instead of worrying wether she likes you, or wether you're good enough, if she's outta your league, you're thinking "is she good enough for me?" "Do I like her?"

It just means that you're focusing on your happiness and your needs, rather than projecting your desperation for this girl to like you, to kiss you....etc etc.

Interceptor

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Newb, you're making these assumptions, and basing your opinions on extremes. And basically you're arguing semantics. You are clearly not reading my post, and seem to me trying a little too hard to be perceived as some Guru, expert, or intellectual or something.

Whatever.
I don't really care for anyone who has the arrogance to say to people who reply to your post "unfortuantely you all went off course."

total bullsh*t

You didn't even at least read my post, and you're disagreeing with it.

you have your view ,and I (others on here) have our view. You're no be all end all, final "authority". Your just some guy who has an opinion. But don't get the idea that you dictate things around here to us.

So you may want to step down off that soap box, fella.

I'm interested in discussions about Pook.
But clearly there's nothing from you that has value to me.

I'm out. Thanks.

ketostix

Banned
Reaction score
Well how about this. The idea of be the man and be the prize as explained by pook and others like him is vague and inpractical.

You can believe your the prize, and I think that's good and necessary but I believe it's true that a girl you want isn't necessarily going to recognize that your the prize.

For example, You have this mentality that you're the prize and you're the man, so if you go up to a girl and say things that make it clear you're interested in her sexually. How are you being a prize? You're just another guy out of several that night "just wanting sex". She knows she can have you and now she doesn't want what she knows she can have.

But if instead you went up to her and didn't make a sexual interest clear, you're more of a challenge and probably more of a prize.

This is just one example, but the point is a mindest is useless if you can't communicate it to the female in away that she accepts the meaning is that you're the prize..and not a lot of other things that aren't prize-worthy.

Being the man and being the prize is just a mentatility. A mentality alone isn't going to get you anything. That's just mental masturbation. You must act. And act in a way that is consistent with having a mentality of being a man and the prize. It seemes like Pook stuff is mostly just theorizing and wishful thinking with out much practical directions.

Reaction score
sorry you take that so personally intereceptor.. maybe you have some trouble with yourself but how would I know.

I am no guru nor am i trying to dictate anything, the things I stated were just some conclusions i could make from my own life and I was wondering if these were correct or not,
YES I AM LOOKING FOR YOU HELP HERE MY FELLOW DONS!!!!

Iv come to the conclusion that trying to be the ultimate catch/prize only puts you in the passive mode and you no longer control what is happening in your life.

If you take it too far, it becomes just another way of finding ecxuses for yourself not to do something.
Hah why should i talk to these girls, hah why should i call her she should call me, hah why should i arrange a party for my friends, I AM THE PRIZE they should organise it for me... and you end up sitting at home being passive and reading sosuave.net

I am sure this is not what pook ment, but i am just telling you how it affected me.. im talking what has happened to me. Maybe someone can learn from my mistakes and maybe someone wizer can let me know if im on the right track or not ... thank you all

Reaction score
It seemes like Pook stuff is mostly just theorizing and wishful thinking with out much practical directions.
and yet pook has helped me the most. Without him I would still be reading and watching these stupid mystery and davidD works.

lately iv been more into listening to Anthony Robbins and Wayne Dyer anyway. I am starting to believe in this Higher Self thing and it is really powerful.

comic_relief

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
just another newb?? said:
Iv come to the conclusion that trying to be the ultimate catch/prize only puts you in the passive mode and you no longer control what is happening in your life.

If you take it too far, it becomes just another way of finding ecxuses for yourself not to do something.
Hah why should i talk to these girls, hah why should i call her she should call me, hah why should i arrange a party for my friends, I AM THE PRIZE they should organise it for me... and you end up sitting at home being passive and reading sosuave.net
Hello just another newb???,

It's good to see that you are doing well. I will give you my thoughts on this post.

I believe that being a prince and being a man is ONE IN THE SAME! I have already told you that, but one thing that Pook spoke about is that perfection is boring. That is where you are getting mixed up at.

Just because someone has the PERFECT attitude does not mean that they will get the girl/get what they want. If you have that attitude than you MUST have action added into the mix. A girl might come up to you, but it is YOUR job to ask for the number, date, and etc. She will most likely NOT voluntarily give out that information. You must elict it.

Pook speaks of action all the time. You must read between the lines and read the lines to see it. But everything that you get is pointless without action.

It is like the story of the little boy that got rollarskates for christmas, and thought they were the nicest things in the world but didn't want to get them dirty. So he never used them for a very long time. When he finally did try to use them, they wouldn't fit them anymore. Sure you might got the best sh!t in the world, but if you don't use them and you miss out on the fun, then it is pointless isn't it?

comic_relief

P.S. Wayne Dyer and Anthony Robbins are the sh!t. They are great to listen to also. I also suggest Napoleon Hill, Jack Canfield, Mark Victor Hansen, and Stephen Covey. They are extremely good authors and have a lot. I stopped reading most of this stuff because I think it adds to this website a lot (that is for another post though).