A boring freshman needs your help! (Vinny's Introduction)

Vinny

Reaction score
What's going on, guys?

See, I have watched this forum for about a year
without actually posting. A few things have happened
this week have made want to start posting.

But first, here's a bit about myself:

- 79 kg fat, 180 cm tall
- I'm a rather quiet person, yet somewhat confident, but not ****y.
- I play american football and baseball; I'm no star or
anything, but I'm not a loser.
- 3.8/4 GPA
- I enjoy drawing cartoons as well as filmmaking.
- I suppose my friends are a bit (extremely) low on the popularity chart,
me only being a bit higher.

So what happened: A couple days ago, one of my friends "F" said him and a hb 8 were going on a second date this saturday. None of my other friends, me included, could believe this. But indeed, it was true. I was a bit jealous you could say, but this got me thinking. I gotta get it the game. You know?

There are a couple girls in particular in my study hall, which are all hb 9's,
even though kinda stupid, they are very gorgeous. Like very. Like "Damn, Son" gorgeous. They wave at me often, I don't know if this is a joke or something, but it ups my spirits. What scares me to go and socialize is their level of so-called popularness, something I try not to believe in, but so many people do. What also scares me is gossip. To me, nothing is more scary then walking down the hall with people talking behind your back.

So, in addition to reading through the rest of these threads for personal gain, if any of you guys had any other advice to give me if you were in my shoes, it would be greatly appreciated.

Thank you for this extremely long read,

Vinny

NorwegianDJ

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
^ That.

My biggest tip to you would be to give 100% on losing weight and getting in shape. TRUST ME. And when I say 100%, then I mean 100 ****ING PERCENT. We're talking a 1 week complete calorie controlled intake, to see how much you're eating, then we find your maintenance calories, then we fix your macros (carbs, fat, protein, calories). You then go do cardio 3-4 times a week. LETS ****ING DO THIS!

Im dead serious. This will require a ****load of strength from you. You will be short on time. You will not have time to sit around and do nothing.

What happens when you do this is that, not only do you lose all your fat in a matter of months (It can go like 10-5-3-15) in pounds per month. Don't lose motivation on plateus. You get SOO much happier when you're active and eat well. However, the main benefit is how much you can DO and how you FEEL when you've accomplished it. Then you can start working out for strength and muscle! Turn your whole ****ing life around!

Do you have any idea how much respect you're gonna get at school for doing this? You can easily climb to the top of the social ladder in a year! LETS ****ING DO THIS!

Post here, every time you hesitate. Every time you gym. Every time you do something wrong; Post it.

StormScar

Don Juan
Reaction score
Hey first of all welcome vinny:) looking forward to your future posts.. Btw this is my first post here too;d

Then I don't mean to hijack your thread at all, but this will probly relate to you as well:) regarding fat losing, I'm in a bit of a situation as well. I've been going to the gym for about 3 months, and I've noticed a strength gain, and a positive change in my arms muscles. However, I still have a small tummy and some fat on my chest:/ despite doing about 150 pullups every workout and another machine which worked ur abs (+ofc chest exercises)

Soo, does diet play such an important role in fat loss and muscle gaining? I must say I don't really control my diet, I just eat whenever I want sweets but also healthy food. Also should u lose all the fat before working on muscle gaining? Btw font get me wrong, I'm not fat, just that I have a bit of fat that just won't go away after about 3 months of working out 3 times a week

asianbboy

Don Juan
Reaction score
StormScar said:
Hey first of all welcome vinny:) looking forward to your future posts.. Btw this is my first post here too;d

Then I don't mean to hijack your thread at all, but this will probly relate to you as well:) regarding fat losing, I'm in a bit of a situation as well. I've been going to the gym for about 3 months, and I've noticed a strength gain, and a positive change in my arms muscles. However, I still have a small tummy and some fat on my chest:/ despite doing about 150 pullups every workout and another machine which worked ur abs (+ofc chest exercises)

Soo, does diet play such an important role in fat loss and muscle gaining? I must say I don't really control my diet, I just eat whenever I want sweets but also healthy food. Also should u lose all the fat before working on muscle gaining? Btw font get me wrong, I'm not fat, just that I have a bit of fat that just won't go away after about 3 months of working out 3 times a week
I'm thinking you need some more cardio in your routines. But watching what you eat will help a ton as well.

Jack Wealthy

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
StormScar said:
Mate, fat is lost in the kitchen, not the weight room. It is easier to cut 2100 kilojoules a day and lose a kilo a week then burning it with 30 minutes of high intensity sprint training or an hour of weights.

Muscle gain is built in equal parts by working out- step one, eating right especially pre and post-workout as well as taking in 2100 SURPLUS kilojoules- step two and finally resting well between workouts- step three.

In conclusion, if you're overweight lose your fat first then start adding kj's to increase muscle. For you specifically if your not fat gaining a bit of muscle then losing it will be quicker because of the increase to your metabolism. Also, your work-out is pretty crap so research into something like starting strength by googling it. The reason you haven't made great gains is because you don't control your diet and you don't work-out particularly well. Sort out the work-outs first and the eating comes in time. Just be sure to drink some SKIM milk/have a shake before and after your workouts.

NorwegianDJ

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Basically, yes, fat is lost by by the end of the day, burning more calories than your maintenance calories. You do this by:
1. Eating less
2. Moving more
Take a guess on which one is easier.
Healthy/unhealthy foods doesn't matter really. What matters is how much CALORIES/CARBS/FAT/PROTEIN you eat per day. Carbs are what most people have too much of. Fat does not make you fat, it only have a ****load of calories (9, compared to the usual 4 per gram). Find your mainenance and post a rough calorie diet. Also, your workouts should focus on cardio, not 150 pullups.

The Sun

Reaction score
Besides all of the fitness stuff, which by the way is 100% true, you have a lot of time to make a name for your self. Try to find a niche somewhere in your social/school life where you are the absolute best. Being mediocre never got anyone anywhere in life, Right?

Vinny

Reaction score
NorwegianDJ said:
^ That.

My biggest tip to you would be to give 100% on losing weight and getting in shape. .
I'm really not fat at all (Don't tell me, "Thats what they all say" because I'm not.)
NorwegianDJ said:
^ You then go do cardio 3-4 times a week..
I have sports conditioning and weight training 3 times a week. Then I go to the gym on sunday.

NorwegianDJ said:
^ We're talking a 1 week complete calorie controlled intake, to see how much you're eating, then we find your maintenance calories, then we fix your macros (carbs, fat, protein, calories). LETS ****ING DO THIS!.
This, This will be hard.

NorwegianDJ said:
^ Post here, every time you hesitate. Every time you gym. Every time you do something wrong; Post it.
Can do. Every week I will write.

StormScar

Don Juan
Reaction score
Hmmm.. But if I want to go for that diet of cutting 500 kcal a day then what should I do? Keep working out? If I do that wouldnt I slow a lot down my muscle gain as I'm not eating enough? Or should I just focus on losing the fat with diet + cardio and then focus on working out?

Also is starting strength a gd workout? Maybe combining it with a few abs exercises (pull ups wud be enough?)

Sry for so many questions, but I am a bit confused after reading your posts and some articles on Internet, and I'm trying to clear up some stuff.

NorwegianDJ

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
StormScar said:
Hmmm.. But if I want to go for that diet of cutting 500 kcal a day then what should I do? Keep working out? If I do that wouldnt I slow a lot down my muscle gain as I'm not eating enough? Or should I just focus on losing the fat with diet + cardio and then focus on working out?

Also is starting strength a gd workout? Maybe combining it with a few abs exercises (pull ups wud be enough?)

Sry for so many questions, but I am a bit confused after reading your posts and some articles on Internet, and I'm trying to clear up some stuff.
Make a seperate thread.

Focus on one thing. You can't effectively build muscle and lose fat at the same time. Lose the fat and then gain the muscle. You lose fat on a calorie deficit and gain muscle on an increased calorie intake.

I do SS myself, BPH did it quite a bit too. Awesome rutine that's very easy to perform and get used to. It's pure strength. I did the modified version and added abs to it, worked nicely for me. Huge change from when I changed from skinnyguy program. I'll probably change to another program sometime the next few months.

Focus on diet + cardio for now. You should post more details though, so seperate thread.

BigSmooth

Senior Don Juan
Reaction score
Telling him to tone down and look more fit is fine, but I've seen bigger guys pick up girls in the blink of an eye.

How do they do that?

Well, it's all about what you change.

Getting leaner may/may not help you. But changing what goes on in your head WILL help you.

I notice you're still a pretty young guy, only in freshman year. That's the best time to climb the social ladder while you still have a chance. Doing it later is harder.

You say you're afraid to talk to the girls because they're more popular than you? "F*ck it man. They're not more popular than you. They're not more valuable than you. You need to have the mentality that when you're talking to them, YOU'RE the one trying to see if the girls are good enough for YOU.

Be confident, even being a little ****y is fine. As I always say, girls flock to the guys that are a little bit ****y more than to guys that have low self-esteem. Always.

Now is your chance to become the alpha male of your grade. Your classmates are young, you can change the way they think of you very, very fast. What happens when guys in your class sees you talking to the sexy 14 year olds (LOL..) of the grade? They form a better opinion of you.

It's all about your frame. What is your frame? Your frame is the vision and way people perceive you after they've first met you.

So what does this mean? It means you need to leave a great lasting first impression. IMPRESS people dammit. When first talking to those girls, PROJECT your inner confidence. Project that you're a man, no matter how young you are. Project that you are funny, you're secure, and you know how to have a good time.

I've got so much more advice for high schoolers. If you need more, just ask.

~B-Smooth

Vinny

Reaction score
BigSmooth said:
when guys in your class sees you talking to the sexy 14 year olds (LOL..) of the grade? They form a better opinion of you.
Now we are talking!! Lol

In all seriousness, this has inspired me (so has everybody else's posts)
And I am ready to take action. :rock:
Let's see what happens.

BigSmooth said:
I've got so much more advice for high schoolers. If you need more, just ask.
Yes, por favor. Message me, bro.

LearningSlowly

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
BigSmooth said:
Now is your chance to become the alpha male of your grade. Your classmates are young, you can change the way they think of you very, very fast. What happens when guys in your class sees you talking to the sexy 14 year olds (LOL..) of the grade? They form a better opinion of you.

So what does this mean? It means you need to leave a great lasting first impression. IMPRESS people dammit. When first talking to those girls, PROJECT your inner confidence. Project that you're a man, no matter how young you are. Project that you are funny, you're secure, and you know how to have a good time.
Yes! Well put.

I'm a senior trying to flip around and make friendships this year. I'm the only one doing that and people are established friends already. But I have noticed over the years that friend groups change. Different people are at the top of the ladder as time goes on, and you are hitting the ground at the perfect time to make a difference in your HS life.

BigSmooth is right, IMPRESS people. A great way to do this is to work for something. Learn a skill, cartoons and filmmaking are great if you take them seriously. Work to be great at something. Just knowing that you know how to do something very well will create an untouchable confidence in you. People will naturally follow your very real value, a value that you built with your own hands.

That is certainly more of a long term goal, though. Work to suit the life you want, not the one you have. Until then, work with what you have and fake what you don't. Make an effort to see popular kids outside of school, first off. This is crucial.

BigSmooth

Senior Don Juan
Reaction score
Vinny said:
Now we are talking!! Lol

In all seriousness, this has inspired me (so has everybody else's posts)
And I am ready to take action. :rock:
Let's see what happens.

Yes, por favor. Message me, bro.
Now take what you learned, and put it to action. :woo:

And naw bro, I'm a busy guy. ;) This is finals week. Just ask away here so everyone else can read the tips, or you can just private message me, hah.

LearningSlowly said:
Yes! Well put.

I'm a senior trying to flip around and make friendships this year. I'm the only one doing that and people are established friends already. But I have noticed over the years that friend groups change. Different people are at the top of the ladder as time goes on, and you are hitting the ground at the perfect time to make a difference in your HS life.

BigSmooth is right, IMPRESS people. A great way to do this is to work for something. Learn a skill, cartoons and filmmaking are great if you take them seriously. Work to be great at something. Just knowing that you know how to do something very well will create an untouchable confidence in you. People will naturally follow your very real value, a value that you built with your own hands.

That is certainly more of a long term goal, though. Work to suit the life you want, not the one you have. Until then, work with what you have and fake what you don't. Make an effort to see popular kids outside of school, first off. This is crucial.

Impressing people is how to "rank up" in the HS social ladder. But you must also start getting to know everyone and anyone that comes your way. A mere "whats up" gets people to recognize you, and an enthusiastic high five to a classmate gets everyone in a good mood. Just be the fun-loving, confident guy.

Do something in high school. Join some clubs. Play a sport. Get your name out there someway, and get yourself recognized. Hell, I started playing tennis my freshman year, and I was way behind everyone. By senior year, I was the captain of the team, voted MVP, district champ, and held numerous awards. STRIVE FOR EXCELLENCE IN EVERYTHING YOU DO.

You've only got one life man! Take everything you can get, and strive for the things that aren't immediately attainable.

Get the good grades, make new friends, be a social bug, get popular with your teachers and peers, be well known, and most of all, just enjoy the moment. Like I've told a few other youngins, time flies. Before you know it, you're out of college out on your own with a train called life about to hit you full on.

Jack Wealthy

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
No. Don't try to impress people. Just let it happen naturally. The difference between a try-hard and a cool relaxed guy is obvious. Relax, be sociable and be the second one. You will have to push your comfort zones A LOT to be able to relax in the sociable zone- i.e. talking to strangers. Same with the sexual zone. To push them do the newbie mission, then scale up to short conversation then eventually push intent in there.

LearningSlowly

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Jack Wealthy said:
No. Don't try to impress people. Just let it happen naturally. The difference between a try-hard and a cool relaxed guy is obvious. Relax, be sociable and be the second one. You will have to push your comfort zones A LOT to be able to relax in the sociable zone- i.e. talking to strangers. Same with the sexual zone. To push them do the newbie mission, then scale up to short conversation then eventually push intent in there.
Good advice. I recommend impressing people through natural and real value (which only comes from WORK, like Smooth's tennis story), but Jaedon's right, people can smell fakeness. Sociability only becomes real through practice, just like any other skill.

BigSmooth

Senior Don Juan
Reaction score
Jack Wealthy said:
I'm not sure you understand what I'm trying to say.

I'm not telling the kid to fake who he is and "try" to impress people through false words with a desperate undertone.

When I say impress people, it means after the first time they have met you, they are impressed with you, your confidence, your actions, your aura, and your looks. You aren't trying to be someone you're not trying to impress people. You're being who you are, and when you change your life, the real you IS naturally impressive.

Usually the first encounter with a girl in high school is a critical point. Is she interested or not?

Well, that depends on if you caught her attention when you first met her. Did she get a good feel for you? Did your natural being IMPRESS her?

Ya feel me?:rolleyes:

Vinny

Reaction score
JOURNAL #1

Working on getting in shape. Went to gym twice since
last sunday plus 3 day of lifting @ school. Beat max from last summer on
power cleans. Also, beat mile time from last year. And, get this, did pullups. Never have been able to.

In terms of 'dem hose

Not much, I'm was talkin to some hb 7 @ sunday school today. Somepeople get my humor, it's weird. I need more consistency.
At school, been practicing eye contact and similing; taking baby
steps. Like someone said in this post, to me, first impressions are
everything. That is why I'm scared I have blew it with some gurls.
Like, I haven't been outgoing enough when I have first met them
for them to find a reason to come talk to me again, you know?

-Vinny