A bit of advice please (experienced guys only pls)

Stud No1

Don Juan
Reaction score
Heres the deal guys, please take time to read.

I've earmarked a girl i would love to take out. We know each other from school (4 years ago) but were never really friends (i mean, we'd just say hey or whatnot, no more). I would never have thought of her like this before, but after seeing her out and having a nice chat 2 weeks ago i was impressed; i like her.

Anyway i see her again the weekend passed and in our brief interaction again we get on well. I've never used the "c-shape"/"u-shape" smiles before because i never really liked it, but i seen her smile and commented on her lovely c-shape smile (it was genuine, not planned) and proceeded to explain to her what i meant and how celebs in fact get their teeth done to a c-shape. This genuine compliment truly lit up her face and she say "thats the nicest thing anyone's ever said to me". That was about it though, no real sexual tension (talking in middle of a crowd) or anything but i know she's definitely my type and i feel i'd be her type for sure.

Its actually annoying me now because im thinking back and i remember my mates were friendly with her and shes like the nicest girl in the world so i feel like i missed the boat here

Heres why. I asked my best girlfriend (who is really friendly with this girl) how i should go about asking her on a date She recommended that i should maybe leave it a while as she's just started going with some other guy and she just this weekend met his folks for the second time. Note they're not exclusive or anything yet but a budding relationship apparently.

So how do i approach this? Last night after talking to the other girl (Who is giving me her genuine advice, no ulterior motives or anything) i just accepted her advice and thought i'll leave it and see if it cools down with the other guy

However, now im thinking thats a terrible, risky idea as if they keep going maybe they'll either be set, or at least for a period of time that makes it unfeasible for me to care about.

So my options are-

A- Leave it and hope things cool down with this mystery guy

B- Ask her out, straight.

C- Consciously become friendly with this girl, put her in the friend zone but try develop an attraction (before you say that's suicide i actually find my highest success is when i friendzone a girl and she gets to know me and likes me)

D- Report to her my interest, tell her i know about the other guy but say it would be nice to meet up sometime even just to get to know each other better, as friends.

Right now im thinking D, but im really not sure. I guess its pretty important though on what i decide.

Obviously asking her out straight well my chances are cut dramatically due to this supposedly honeymoon period of a relationship so im sceptical of this one right now. What you guys recommend?>

Lastly, please note she is a very respectable and "nice" young lady, not your average girl that dates lots of guys or anything.. This is what worries me tbh. So do i respect her status and befriend her, or cut my losses now and wait..

Thanks guys.

Stud No1

Don Juan
Reaction score
EDIT-

After a bit of thought im now thinking there's an option E

Tell me girl buddy to slip in a good word about me, tell her to tell her i was going to ask her out but she advised against it. That was i could come across respectful whilst still revealing my interest. In the mean time next time i see her i'll just be smooth and nice and hopefully she'll have it in her head :)

sodbuster

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
NEVER ask a woman what you should do-they don't know what they want and try to tell you?

Ask her out NOW, if she says "BF", then let it go for now. Ask again later, if she hits on you. Why whould you want to wait for her to invest time and energy into a guy? It's much harder to pry her loose when she's invested a bunch of time in the other guy. If you get it in her head like a man,she'll remember you as a man. If you do the high school/grade school thing of telling a friend to tell her...don't know where that will lead.

Dilberto

Senior Don Juan
Reaction score
Seize the opportunity and ask her out NOW. If you don't..... I WILL then!