"She Liked You in March. It's October Now."

Attraction runs on a clock.

She flirted for weeks. Touched your arm. Found reasons to be alone with you. And you were careful. Respectful. Waiting for the right moment.

The moment had a shelf life. It expired around month two, and by the time you asked her out, she'd quietly filed you under "little brother."

One of the hardest lessons inside the 22 Rules: women rarely wait. Interest either grows or it decays, and nothing decays it faster than a man who never moves.

Make the move while she's still inventing reasons to be near you.

Read more...

___I'm feeling kinda bad for this guy...

Target_100

Senior Don Juan
Joined
Apr 16, 2004
Messages
200
Reaction score
4
I was sargeing at a club and did the "Hey, let me ask you a quick q" and "Are you single?" (Which isn't necessarily the best I know)

Anyway, this one chick said "Ehh.... maybe I am" and we've met maybe six times after that.

Then it turns out she has has a BF that she has been living with for over three years. She tells me this when we have met maybe three times.

Now he supposedly has cheated on her, he works in construction and is tired a lot and she tells me he is always in a bad mood, picking at her all the time, acting like a baby etc etc.

She wasn't too happy.

So she liked me a lot cause I am very different from him (partly thanks to this board).

So she threw him out.

I feel kind of bad for him cause he is trying everything to get her back, calling all the time etc etc. She tells me he has lost 25lbs in one week!

Please tell me I am a good person.
 

"I just moved here from Florida."

That sentence contains at least five follow-up questions she WANTS you to ask. Where in Florida? What brought you here? How long have you been in the area? What do you miss? How does it compare to here?

She handed them to you on a silver platter. And you said, "Oh cool. I come here every week. I love this band. Ummm... pretty crowded tonight."

She smiled politely. Nodded. And never texted you back.

I was that guy for years. Talking too much. Listening too little. Panicking about my next sentence while she was literally feeding me the answers.

Then I found 22 rules that fixed the whole thing. Rule number one: shut up and listen. She'll tell you exactly what to say.

Read more...

Crank_It_Up

Master Don Juan
Joined
Apr 21, 2004
Messages
546
Reaction score
1
she doesn't like him, if she doesn't go for you, she'll go for somebody else, but the fact remains, she does not like her previous bf.
 

Hidden-Danjer

Master Don Juan
Joined
Apr 27, 2000
Messages
897
Reaction score
6
Age
43
Location
Hull, East Yorkshire, England
Your a good person...

Feel better?

I didn't think so! :D

Really this is all down to him, not you... And it's up to him to sort himself out.

You don't have to answer to anyone or feel bad because they aren't what you think they ought to be.

If you still feel that bad about it then why not give him the address for this website? :)
 

Target_100

Senior Don Juan
Joined
Apr 16, 2004
Messages
200
Reaction score
4
Originally posted by Hidden-Danjer



If you still feel that bad about it then why not give him the address for this website? :)
He doesn't speak english... Quit school when he was 14 or something.

I feel that it had been more appropriate for me to say to her: Get in touch when you have sorted out your relationship". Cause I was like, "See if you like me better, and if you do, then dump him".

Anyway, it says a lot about her that she jumped from one to another...

I sure as hell am not going to move in with her to find out after three years that she met someone better :cool:
 
Top