9 week cutting cycle

howardalex

Banned
Reaction score
okay guys I'm gonna do a fair extreme cutting cycle in 2 weeks, I was wondering if you could advise me :)

I'm trying to get my hands on some clenbuterol and cytomel (t3) but I can't find a supplier :cuss:

if I can't get the clen then I'm going to use ephedrine/caffeine and (maybe) aspirin

I intend to workout like this:

on the days I do weights I'm gonna do twice a day training - I do my workout with 12-15 reps/set then I do the same workout again 4 hours or so later, same moves + reps

monday - rowing
tuesday - chest/abs
wednesday - back/biceps
thursday - triceps/shoulders
friday - legs/abs
saturday - rowing
sunday - off

I'm also going to run every night

I intend to eat like this:

meal 1 - 1 scoop whey
meal 2 - low fat natural yoghurt
meal 3 - 1 scoop whey
pre-workout meal 4 - chicken breast, rice
post-workout meal 5 - 2 scoops whey protein + fruit juice
meal 6 - chicken breast
(200g protein, sod all carbs :) and I'll also add some good fats in too)

oh, I'll also be using creatine mono :)

any help much appreciated guys :)

Last edited:

EFFORT

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Looks really sloppy to me, whats this supposed to do?

howardalex

Banned
Reaction score
EFFORT said:
Looks really sloppy to me, whats this supposed to do?
just trying to lose bodyfat pretty sharpish, which bit's sloppy? the workout/the diet/all of it?

EFFORT

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Your best bet would be to do the routine from the idiots guide and cut carbs after your first 2 meals of the day. Get the calories you would of got from carbs from good fats like olive oil, flax, fish, and natty peanut butter.

(post workout carbs are a must though even if your workout falls after your first 2 carb meals)

start every morning with a slow 2.5mph walk on the treadmill with a slight incline 3.0-5.0ish

donjuanjovi

Senior Don Juan
Reaction score
Exactly how much body fat are you hoping to cut?

shaunuk

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Why are you going to be training in the 12-15 rep range? Why would you change your training when trying to cut? Doesn't make much sense to me, that's endurance lifting/cardio.

Also as donjuanjovi said, how much bodyfat do you wanna cut? What's your bf%?

-shaun

howardalex

Banned
Reaction score
the higher reps is so that I can do the 2x a day workout routine, I was reading about it and it was reccomended for cutting, I guess the idea is just to have more workouts...

atm I reckon I'm 12/13% BF, in the 9 weeks I'd like to drop to about 8/9% - if I can get my hands on the clen I reckon I could do that in the first 2 weeks but without it I reckon I'm looking at the whole 9 :(

Warboss Alex

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
My opinion is that even if you do get your hands on some clen, you haven't the nutritional knowledge to use it properly. I would forget the steroids and learn how to diet cleanly; remember that setting a new homeostasis level for the body (i.e. a weight/bodyfat you can maintain without much effort) does NOT come quickly and does not come by chemical means. The faster you lose the fat, the harder it'll be to keep it from coming back (the crash diet rebound effect, which is essentially what you're doing). Conversely, take a few months to lean out and let your body get used to its new composition and you shouldn't struggle to maintain it (genetics aside).

howardalex

Banned
Reaction score
Warboss Alex said:
My opinion is that even if you do get your hands on some clen, you haven't the nutritional knowledge to use it properly. I would forget the steroids and learn how to diet cleanly; remember that setting a new homeostasis level for the body (i.e. a weight/bodyfat you can maintain without much effort) does NOT come quickly and does not come by chemical means. The faster you lose the fat, the harder it'll be to keep it from coming back (the crash diet rebound effect, which is essentially what you're doing). Conversely, take a few months to lean out and let your body get used to its new composition and you shouldn't struggle to maintain it (genetics aside).
does this still apply if I said I'd be doing a really really clean bulk after the cutting? I mean, I'd run a diet past you guys again for a clean bulk so the proper diet would help me prevent a crash, right? I know it makes sense to lean out over months but I'm really sick of having the slight bit of fat, I'm prepared to lose a little muscle just to get rid of that fat and then I can clean bulk so I keep the low BF

Warboss Alex

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Depends on a few things but for the most part it'd still apply. The body will always strive for its 'set point' which CANNOT be altered in a few weeks. it takes several months, one step at a time.

How big are you? The less muscle you have the harder it's gonna be to lose the fat.

howardalex

Banned
Reaction score
Warboss Alex said:
Depends on a few things but for the most part it'd still apply. The body will always strive for its 'set point' which CANNOT be altered in a few weeks. it takes several months, one step at a time.

How big are you? The less muscle you have the harder it's gonna be to lose the fat.
I'm 175lb at 5'7 so I figure the cut weight (assuming I used clen, which'd prevent catabolism while I cut, so I'd just lose the fat) would be about 167lb

not very heavy but remember I am a short arse :)

Warboss Alex

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
it's your DIET that's catabolic, no amount of clen will help you with those numbers.

Jariel

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
I'm in the same situation at the moment. I've just started cutting to hopefully lose these slight love handles once and for all.

I've had some bad experiences cutting in the past and one thing I'd recommend is that you ease into your cutting diet rather than jump into it. Then remember to ease out of it steadily too or you'll put the weight back on so quickly!

Be careful when dropping carbs. Like Effort said, get some ("good") carbs early in the day. It'll stop you from passing out for a start. Also remember that whey protein is very quickly absorbed and so it's idea post workout, but not a great substitute for a meal.

howardalex

Banned
Reaction score
Jariel said:
I'm in the same situation at the moment. I've just started cutting to hopefully lose these slight love handles once and for all.

I've had some bad experiences cutting in the past and one thing I'd recommend is that you ease into your cutting diet rather than jump into it. Then remember to ease out of it steadily too or you'll put the weight back on so quickly!

Be careful when dropping carbs. Like Effort said, get some ("good") carbs early in the day. It'll stop you from passing out for a start. Also remember that whey protein is very quickly absorbed and so it's idea post workout, but not a great substitute for a meal.

ah good point, I'll try putting it with some skimmed milk so it takes longer then...yeah I did intend to put some carbs there but I couldn't think of anything, they will be there when I come to do the diet though :)

CGE333

Senior Don Juan
Reaction score
Did not see it posted here so just a reminder. Make sure you are drinking plenty of water each and every day. That is all.

howardalex

Banned
Reaction score
CGE333 said:
Did not see it posted here so just a reminder. Make sure you are drinking plenty of water each and every day. That is all.
ah yeah it'll be 1.5 gallons/day with ephedrine or 2 gallons/day with clen, apparently it stops the cramps and helps with the shakes :)

Kevin G Jr

Banned
Reaction score
howardalex said:
okay guys I'm gonna do a fair extreme cutting cycle in 2 weeks, I was wondering if you could advise me :)

I'm trying to get my hands on some clenbuterol and cytomel (t3) but I can't find a supplier :cuss:

if I can't get the clen then I'm going to use ephedrine/caffeine and (maybe) aspirin

I intend to workout like this:

on the days I do weights I'm gonna do twice a day training - I do my workout with 12-15 reps/set then I do the same workout again 4 hours or so later, same moves + reps

monday - rowing
tuesday - chest/abs
wednesday - back/biceps
thursday - triceps/shoulders
friday - legs/abs
saturday - rowing
sunday - off

I'm also going to run every night

I intend to eat like this:

meal 1 - 1 scoop whey
meal 2 - low fat natural yoghurt
meal 3 - 1 scoop whey
pre-workout meal 4 - chicken breast, rice
post-workout meal 5 - 2 scoops whey protein + fruit juice
meal 6 - chicken breast
(200g protein, sod all carbs :) and I'll also add some good fats in too)

oh, I'll also be using creatine mono :)

any help much appreciated guys :)
Jesus christ man, 12-15 reps. What are you a chick?? Cut fat like a man. 6 Reps btch.

howardalex

Banned
Reaction score
Kevin G Jr said:
Jesus christ man, 12-15 reps. What are you a chick?? Cut fat like a man. 6 Reps btch.
well I've been training with 4-6 rep sets for the last couple of months and I've got about 15lb of newbie gains (and lost BF) but the whole idea of the high reps is that I'm doing the same workout twice in a day

shaunuk

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Yeah, I understand that point, but what is the point in training 2x a day? It really is gonna be counerproductive. Did you read that tip on bodybuilding.com by any chance? :D :)

Don't do it, 12-15reps ain't gonna build you much muscle. And 2x a day? Nah..

Keep with the routine you were doing.

-shaun

P.S. for the record, for the lads thinking clen's a steroid, it isn't.

howardalex

Banned
Reaction score
shaunuk said:
Yeah, I understand that point, but what is the point in training 2x a day? It really is gonna be counerproductive. Did you read that tip on bodybuilding.com by any chance? :D :)

Don't do it, 12-15reps ain't gonna build you much muscle. And 2x a day? Nah..

Keep with the routine you were doing.

-shaun

P.S. for the record, for the lads thinking clen's a steroid, it isn't.

ah yeah I know it's not but I just accept people's criticism 'cos the sides are pretty bad

hmm so you reckon the same routine with low reps, heavy weights and once a day? I heard it was just good for cutting and yeah, I think it was bodybuilding.com d'oh!