Hello Friend,

If this is your first visit to SoSuave, I would advise you to START HERE.

It will be the most efficient use of your time.

And you will learn everything you need to know to become a huge success with women.

Thank you for visiting and have a great day!

48hrs Into Boot Camp And Already Dying

namewitheld

Reaction score
Hi, I started the boot camp 48 hours ago and I am worse off now then i was before starting. I am suppose to get 50 hi and make eye contact. I have yet to manage a single eye contact and its not for want of trying.
In the past I have never had trouble walking down the street and making eye contact with women, in fact loads of times I pass women who smile or laugh in my direction (I am not usually smiling back when they do this) and this leaves me paranoid as to why they do this. Am I that unattractive?
But since starting BC and actually making EC intentionally it has become impossible to find someone to even look at me. I must look like a total plonker walking around staring at people. And should I manage to progress to the speaking stage, who does this? You don't see other guys going around saying hi to total strangers in the street. Its mental?

Well my reason for posting here is just for a little feedback. Is this how it starts for every body.

Last edited:

jean laurent

Don Juan
Reaction score
Namewitheld: it's supposed to feel uncomfortable. Change always does. If you're wondering about looking "like a plonker" you are still miles away. In the end you will laugh about how ridiculous it is to worry about appearing weird while doing this. I know -- I used to obsess about how what I was doing was being perceived. I'm still not comfortable doing everything in the DJ playbook, but something as simple as eye-contact and "hi", and even just basic flirting, has become no-brainer stuff. You can get there, you just have to keep plugging away. But, yes, it will be uncomfortable for a while. And when you get good at that, the next level will feel uncomfortable too, but probably less so. That has been my experience.

Donald Kaufman

Don Juan
Reaction score
As has been suggested elsewhere go to places where people are essentially paid to say "hi" to you. Go buy something and say hi to whoever serves you then say "hi" to the person next to you. Say "hi" to the security guard then say "hi" to the person next to them.

Start with the person who has to be friendly to you, acknowledge their response and while it still feels normal continue with someone who just heard you say it. Make it natural to say "hi" to everyone and let EC come later. Find a place you can start and work up.

englishcrap

Senior Don Juan
Reaction score
Dont know whether this helps or not. I have found that if you make eye contact with women who are in a rush to get to work you wont get any response. An example is the morning rush hour in London aaahhhhhhhh :D

On the other side of the coin, try a weekend where everyone is relaxed and out shopping.

So Many Ways

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
I'm beginning bootcamp and i've rattled off a few hellos. How is your attitude? If your attitude is anything like your post, you need to change that. You need a more positive mindframe. If you're positive, you'll project positivity, if you're negative, you'll project negativity.

Also, how are you carrying yourself? How are you dressed? This is important too.

Just relax, change your attitude and have fun with it. So far, the women I've said hello to have been nothing but positive.