48 Laws of Power: Your favorite law

DJVladdy

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Perhaps the one with "always say less than necessary". For me personally a useful one, very much

Naughtyboy

Don Juan
Reaction score
LAW 27) Play on people's need to believe to create a cultlike following

Bcos the moment you do that, all your needs vanish. Money wouldnt be a problem. Girls would be mad after you just for a nights romp. People would bend their backs to make your life easier

KontrollerX

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Law 48: Assume Formlessness

By taking a shape, by having a visible plan, you open yourself to attack. Instead of taking a form for your enemy to grasp, keep yourself adaptable and on the move. Accept the fact that nothing is certain and no law is fixed. The best way to protect yourself is to be as fluid and formless as water; never bet on stability or lasting order. Everything changes.

Last edited:

Rollo Tomassi

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Law 16: Use Absence to Increase Respect and Honor
Too much circulation makes the price go down: The more you are seen and heard from, the more common you appear. If you are already established in a group, temporary withdrawal from it will make you more talked about, even more admired. You must learn when to leave. Create value through scarcity.

synergy1

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
DJVladdy said:
Perhaps the one with "always say less than necessary". For me personally a useful one, very much
Being verbose most of my life, it has taken some time and energy to adapt this. I have had nothing positive result from me opening my mouth in school, work, or with women. Saying less than is necessary has been something to live by, and will be for the rest of my life.

Aboleo

Senior Don Juan
Reaction score
KontrollerX said:

By taking a shape, by having a visible plan, you open yourself to attack. Instead of taking a form for your enemy to grasp, keep yourself adaptable and on the move. Accept the fact that nothing is certain and no law is fixed. The best way to protect yourself is to be as fluid and formless as water; never bet on stability or lasting order. Everything changes.
Mine Too!:up:

Moon Ram

Don Juan
Reaction score
Law 33:DISCOVER EACH MAN'S THUMBSCREWS
I can use the weakness and make anybody do anything for me.

wolf116

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
KontrollerX said:

Don't get set into one form, adapt it and build your own, and let it grow, be like water. Empty your mind, be formless, shapeless — like water. Now you put water in a cup, it becomes the cup; You put water into a bottle it becomes the bottle; You put it in a teapot it becomes the teapot. Water can flow or it can crash. Be water, my friend.

-Bruse Lee-

Aboleo

Senior Don Juan
Reaction score
wolf116 said:
Don't get set into one form, adapt it and build your own, and let it grow, be like water. Empty your mind, be formless, shapeless — like water. Now you put water in a cup, it becomes the cup; You put water into a bottle it becomes the bottle; You put it in a teapot it becomes the teapot. Water can flow or it can crash. Be water, my friend.

-Bruse Lee-

Yeah, that is my favorite Bruce Lee quote. Here is an old story I like that illustrates the same point:

"A Taoist story tells of an old man who accidentally fell into the river rapids leading to a high and dangerous waterfall. Onlookers feared for his life. Miraculously, he came out alive and unharmed downstream at the bottom of the falls. People asked him how he managed to survive. "I accommodated myself to the water, not the water to me. Without thinking, I allowed myself to be shaped by it. Plunging into the swirl, I came out with the swirl. This is how I survived."