43 year old needs dating advice

frankcd

Don Juan
Reaction score
No, I do not even know who DeAngelo is.

But his advice was similar to the advice from everyone in the forum but more stern.

see ya,
Frank

Doppler4000

Senior Don Juan
Reaction score
Frank- There's a pretty high noise level on this forum sometimes- but if you can cut through it, there's some great advice and information.... and this long post is full of great stuff. Just because some of it doesn't sound easy or doesn't sound like what you WANT to hear at this moment- it's still good stuff.

Forget this TV girl. She's not interested. Case closed. Work on self-improvement, conversations, etc. Since you're older, you should hit singles dances and events which tend to attract an older crowd and practice, practice, practice, practice. I would bet you're gonna have to get 5-10 dates with different women before you even have a CHANCE at a relationship with someone. The women you're meeting now are just training aides so you'll have the skills and know-how down the line when you meet one that might be there for the long run.

You're resisting the advice being given here... and if you continue to do so nothing's gonna change for you. It's a marathon, not a sprint.

frankcd

Don Juan
Reaction score
I am not disputing any of the info in this thread. I have to help myself and want to change. And if you only knew how bad I was only a few years back.. I would not even approach women let alone drum up a conversation with them. Now at least I make small talk and do not have a second thought about it. But getting to having the woman say yes to a date is the next step.

I am going to start with a clean slate and find some ladies I can possibly hang with and maybe network through them...

Again the online dating services are just fruitless. The women regardless of any age I pursue are just too picky. I hear I am to short( I am 5'9" and she wants 5'10") ok lets split hairs. I am not skilled enough at this point to hang with a seasoned female.

I will keep you posted and keep posting advice...

see ya,
Frank

meh

Don Juan
Reaction score
David DeAngelo is his name, he has a site at www.doubleyourdating.com

Just figured he could of been the one who sent you it.

So you're saying you were sent dating advice by an expert, yet you have no idea who he was?

frankcd

Don Juan
Reaction score
The man who wrote me was Battles. He posts to websites and also writes news letters. Plus, he has a book. He is very skilled in his field.

Also, I did a search for DeAngelo and found he has a news letter to.

see ya,
Frank

meh

Don Juan
Reaction score
Ahh yes, I found an article on askmen.com from him - http://askmen.com/dating/curtsmith_60/88_dating_advice.html

Based on random interviews, anecdotes, his Internet survey, and of course, first-hand experience, Rodney Battles' book, Night Games, reveals the secrets, truths, and unwritten laws for attracting, approaching and meeting women -- where traditional rules do not apply. This article is brought to you in part by RodneyBattles.com

elvis aint dead yet

Senior Don Juan
Reaction score
One question frankcd,

WHy do you say your 43, when according to your profile your only 33 years old?

frankcd

Don Juan
Reaction score
It should say I am 44 because the year of my birth is in the system correct as 1959. So, Battles is not the man to be idolizing. Well I never said I took him as gospel and that I am still taking in what you guys are telling me.

I do believe that the TV Gal was just flirting and I read more into it than was actually there. Well I thought she was to good to be true...

see ya,
Frank

The Edge

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Originally posted by frankcd
It should say I am 44 because the year of my birth is in the system correct as 1959.
Frank,
Don't take this too personally, but you need to kill this thread. Kill this thread, go outside, and bring back some justified information on how newbies can better themselves with women. Help yourself by helping others...
For a 44 year old, there should be no phukkyn excuse. I would use words like pathetic, and shock, but that would only ignite a fukkyn flame war. So rather, I would advise you to kindly stop trying to use this site, as a means to communicate with other dudes, and help us with info that will prove valuable..

Kill it!!!

The Edge ' Some have it, and some don't '

DjDreamer

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Frank...

Take charge.

Click here: change your profile

Stop waiting for others to make decisions for you.

Stop waiting for a woman's approval for you to realize your deserving of a woman's time. You see if you focused on your positive aspects/realised your worth, you wouldn't bother dealing with a negative woman.

Stop waiting!!! Drink a couple beers and head to the whor_ehouse...LoL...just j/k. That parts optional.

frankcd

Don Juan
Reaction score
Well, I know I have to take control of my life. That is what the author told me, I have to have an attitude to do better. The same you guys have been telling me for two months.

I know I can do it and I will do it!

see ya,
Frank

Falcon Eye

Don Juan
Reaction score
Originally posted by frankcd
Well, I know I have to take control of my life. That is what the author told me, I have to have an attitude to do better. The same you guys have been telling me for two months.

I know I can do it and I will do it!

see ya,
Frank
Frank, don't be concerned about whether a realationship with a woman will turn out to be a LTR or a STR, or whether kids or marriage are in the cards. Just go with the flow and see how things develop, you don't need to be putting extra pressure on yourself by trying to find the answers to a dozen questions right off the bat. A relationship with a woman will develop in some fashion or another; just be the best your can be and see what happens.

Frank at forty-four years old, you're living one of the best parts of your life; enjoy it to the fullest. I'm two years younger than you Frank and I know for a fact that there are one hell of a lot of single, divorced, or widowed women in your age group. It's all within yor reach Frank, don;t ever feel that you're unworthy or that you have no chance; your never know until your try, and if your never try you'll never succeed.

In my experience, it's so easy to get into a forty year old woman's pants that it's not even funny.

frankcd

Don Juan
Reaction score
Hi Falcon Eye (an all),

Yes, I am going to definitely make an effort to get out more. I have like I said been trying match.com and it is fruitless. First you state you income and mine is ok. but not near 6 figures. I also really believe the women online are far more picky than women you meet in person. I am decent looking, and I can not even hook up with a woman over 40. I am telling you they look at your response to the income question. What women outside of online dating in her right mind would ask your salary before dating you for a while.

Again, I do believe that I could of had a chance with both the TV gal and the church girl if I had handled it differently. I know for a fact both liked me but I had to impress upon them the desire to get to know me even better. Sara was a waste of my time. She was a bad match from the get go. In time I will be better and I will have the opportunity to date these women. Plus, I am actively looking for a more lucrative position which will raise my self-esteem and also make me more desirable by the ladies.

I know I am at a great age or stage in my life. It is just that even the set backs from the last two women hampers my confidence. I want the failing with women to stop and become a positive event.

See ya,
Frank

icepick

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Okay, so your single, no girlfriend and no kids? You should get your ass a good job and go out and have fun man. Not the stupid 'out on the town' drinking fun, but go see the world or something. Find exciting things to do and just ask chicks to come along to keep you company.

Sheet, if I were you, I would be mountain climbing or some sh*t. You don't even see that you have a perfect chance to enjoy life. Some broad isn't going to come by and magically solve all of your emotional problems.

What do you do with all of that money you have man?

Anyway, there are a few hotties that are around 40 so your age is not a factor. You are just pissed because you were a nice-guy for 30 years of your sexual prime. There are a LOT of divorcees out there, hang out at a fitness center or something to catch the good looking ones.

Plus, women finally lose thier baby fat when they hit 35 or so, so that can be a plus. Wirey chicks can be sexy too!

Maybe you think you are too old and want to recapture your youth. All you have to do is take care of yourself (excercise/diet will do that for ya) and find a woman that does the same.

And as for the "past relationship" bullsh*t questions that women ask...do as Diesel said and LIE YOUR GODDAM ASS OFF!

Say you were married or something. Make something up. Best thing to do is just NOT answer the question though. Be like a politician.

frankcd

Don Juan
Reaction score
Icepick,

I agree with all you are saying. I have to perfect my skils with the ladies and then make a move on them. When I was young I was extremely shy, I would blush around women up until the age of 26. Then I was able to converse with them and I went on a pre-arranged date. That was my actual 2nd date. Then I did not date for 3 more years until I went on another fix up date.

I really did not begin to converse with women until maybe 5 years ago. Then I started asking women for dates within the past year or a little longer. I never went on dates for the prior 10 years or so.

As far as my savings, I have very little because I held lower paying jobs up until a few years ago. And now I am just paying off debts I accumulated. So, I am not well off by any means.
Plus, I had to deal with bouts of unemployment on and off for the past 10 years. So, I have a lot of catching up to do regarding my nest egg and the ladies.

But I will prevail by choice or not.

I may try to see the TV gal again next week. Maybe I can salvage it. She was awful darn nice looking. What is the worst she can say, "get away you wierdo!"

see ya,
Frank

frankcd

Don Juan
Reaction score
I was talking to a hottie today. She is a temp at my work and just moved back to Pennsylvania from Texas after 3 years. Have to see if I can maybe get to know her better. I am not sure but I don't think she has a boyfriend....

Not much else is new.

see ya,
Frank

MacDonald

Don Juan
Reaction score
Good luck, Frank. Turn it on with this new girl.

Don't still pine over the TV woman.

frankcd

Don Juan
Reaction score
Thanks. I do not still pine over the TV gal.. It is just she is the first woman who showed an interest in me in quite sometime. So if it is at all able to be salvaged I am half way there.

This new woman is just that new. I am not sure of her interest in me if any at all. I have to as you say feel her up, ops I mean feel her out. And believe me she has a body that makes a man interested in exploring.

see ya,
Frank

frankcd

Don Juan
Reaction score
Well, I am talking to the female at my work. She seems to seek me out as odd as that may sound. (BTW, we did exchange names the day she started.) How could this be that she has an interest in me (just kidding). I don't know her age but I know she has taught school at least three years and has a 4 year degree. She has not mentioned a BF and I have not hinted about it.

But as I am used to, that can change day to day for me. She may walk in on Monday with an engagement ring. Hoping this does not happen!

Just curious to see how this pans out....

P.S. Her name is Amy and I used to have the biggest crush on a woman back all most 20 years ago named Amy. She was a waitress for an ice cream parlor and I used to visit her weekly.

see ya.
Frank