Hello Friend,

If this is your first visit to SoSuave, I would advise you to START HERE.

It will be the most efficient use of your time.

And you will learn everything you need to know to become a huge success with women.

Thank you for visiting and have a great day!

4.0 gpa

Interpol

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
I too am surprised so many of you are picking the 4.0. Honestly, grades are nothing but letters on a piece of paper. College is a time to learn what you want to and do what you want to, because you'll never have that freedom again.

Work never ends, but eventually college does.

Yotsuya-san

Senior Don Juan
Reaction score
Originally posted by Interpol
I too am surprised so many of you are picking the 4.0. Honestly, grades are nothing but letters on a piece of paper. College is a time to learn what you want to and do what you want to, because you'll never have that freedom again.

Work never ends, but eventually college does.
Right! The only field where a GPA matters is if you are going into the academic field. And even then, no one cares what your GPA was as an undergrad once you get an advanced degree (Masters or PhD) even if the GPA for that is a bit lower.Thing is, a lot of people are wise to the fact that graduating at the top or bottom of your class means nothing 10 years down the road.

MackJr

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
If I had it to do over again, I'd get the 4.0 GPA. You can get into a prestigious grad school and get paid way too much for doing the same amount of work as everyone else. Or you can stay in academia and have a cushy professorial job.

The reality is that people at the top work less than people at the bottom. If you don't believe me, try construction for a while.

Centaurion

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Originally posted by Yotsuya-san
Thing is, a lot of people are wise to the fact that graduating at the top or bottom of your class means nothing 10 years down the road.

True, it means nothing 10 years down the road, but it means something when you are fresh out of university/college. And if you finish in the top percentile, you will probably land a good job right after, or even while attending, uni/college.

Jay Gatsby

Don Juan
Reaction score
Originally posted by pff
I don't care about the money anyway, I guess I'm doing it just because I can.

I think the foregoing says it all.

ScrewIt

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
man...my gpa has been dropping, with every passing semester. in freshman i had a 3.4 gpa. now it's a frickin 3.1 after my sophmore year.

Maybe i dont care anymore...or just the fact that the laid back professors in my college dont care which is contagious...

but in the end gpa doesnt matter, it's all about work experience and your resume.

my bro graduated from a private, double majored in mechanical engineering and business management with a 3.0 GPA.

He now has a job as an engineer at kraft foods.