4.0 gpa

pff

Don Juan
Reaction score
If you had a 4.0 GPA and knew that you were capable of finishing university with that GPA, would you do it just because you can?

You get to rank 1st on graduation and other benefits (scholarship) but it takes lot's of time, effort and causes stress. Which way would yo choose?

Lost

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
i get a surf trip if i get 4.0 every year :). i got it for first semester. just gotta get it for the next 20 :( (not an exxaggeration..thats how long im goin lol)

SupaDupaAFC

Banned
Reaction score
Medical school?

Yeah Valedictorian does have it's perks.

Vincent

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
4.0, finishing school, totally b*tchen job doing research and development for someone :cool:

quest

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
is it common in america for people to strive so hard at school?

or is it just a coincidence, and all the people who strive so hard happen to be at this site?

cause when i was at highschool it was really "uncool" to try hard, and not many people did..

(also it was a public school... state school?)

ShizamDaMan

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Having a 4.0 doesn't guarantee success. You may spend all your time studying and completely miss out on relationships that help you become mature.

I'll take a 3.5 and enjoy my time in college... which is kinda what I'm shooting for now lol.

diplomatic_lie

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Well I got a GPA of 95!

D'light

Don Juan
Reaction score
enjoy yourselves guys, i got a 3.7 as an Economics major and i still go out with my friends every weekend. i dont get wasted like i did freshman year but ill have a couple of drinks to loosen up. of course that whole relationships with women thing evades me. oh yeah and i work a part time job. i guess im saying if you can get a 4.0 and still have a life do it. i imagine i could get one if i worked a little harder and still have an active life outside of school.

sfalexi

Senior Don Juan
Reaction score
Depends if you know you wanna go to graduate school. Cause if you want further education, the better GPA, the better scholarships, the better your chances, etc. etc.

As for me, I'd be completly comfortable graduating with a 3.0 and enjoying my weekends and weeknights rather than studying hard as hell for a 4.0. Cause for what I wanna do in life, I just need my degree. Not a gpa.

Alexi

Aztec

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Originally posted by pff

You get to rank 1st on graduation and other benefits (scholarship) but it takes lot's of time, effort and causes stress. Which way would yo choose?

Having a GPA of 4.0 and being number 1 in the class don't guarantee success. Undue stress almost guarantees some sort of illness, poor interpersonal relationship, etc. I don't mean that you start f ucking around and mess up your grades.

ScrewIt

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
My friends' friend has a 4 gpa i think..or something really close to it

He told me his friend got pissed when he got an A- in his class.

I've seen his friend before, looks a little nerdy type. but my friend says he got street smarts and book smarts. But it doesnt seem like he got street smarts, not much of a socializer and bad dresser too...

AverageFC

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
well, you know what your grades mean once you graduate? Nothing :lol: All that matters is that diploma.

Mr. Delicious

Senior Don Juan
Reaction score
Yep I just graduated from a university with a 3.5. The GPA really didnt matter at all. My last semester I had to take one class to graduate and tried desperately to get a job. No one would hire me because i didnt have my degree. About a week after I got my degree I got a job offer and they could care less what my grades were as long as it was above a 2.5.

pff

Don Juan
Reaction score
I'm suprised that many people chose the GPA.

It would be so much easier to let things go if it was 3.9 or anything else but being the only person with 4.0 GPA, I'm doomed. I'm at the head of the race and no one can pass me if I don't want to. I think of giving up sometimes but can't decide if it's worth it. Everyone has prejudice against me no matter what I do and it will cost me a total of $10,500 worth scholorship. I don't care about the money anyway, I guess I'm doing it just because I can.

In the movie Troy, there was a quote: "If killing is your only talent, it's your curse." I feel the same way, this should be my curse :)

bfl

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
im gonna start collage this summer i took a yr off been working making some money.

When i start collage ima aim for a 3.5 no lower than a 3.0 wich im sure i can achieve, i mean im still gonna have my fun and fuk all the shorties i can, but at the same time ima study hard.

So yeah i dont want nothing less than a 3.0

GlutusMaximus86

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
4.0 GPA. I believe that in the long run it would pay off. But that's just my opinion.