Hello Friend,

If this is your first visit to SoSuave, I would advise you to START HERE.

It will be the most efficient use of your time.

And you will learn everything you need to know to become a huge success with women.

Thank you for visiting and have a great day!

3rd year of Law School

tristan22

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
I'm a little ticked off considering i've just finished 1 year of law school. I'm actually considering transferring to get my degree at another university--a university that graduates law students in less then 24 months. Year three of law school isn't really practical. I think it's just another way for universities to pocket more money.

What are your thoughts on year 3 of law school?

BTW...i'm getting average grades, but i'm tearing the fuc out of the top students in debates and mock trials. Hopefully i can land a 6 figure job upon graduation, even though my grades are average.

DreamyChick

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Good luck with the bar. I currently work in a law office so I hear the horror stories. But the legal system is very interesting.

SELF-MASTERY

Banned
Reaction score
If you transfer to some bottom tier, unaccredited fast food law school, your chances of landing a nice 6fig job will be DESTROYED. What law school do you attend and what law school has a 24 month program??? BigLaw sucks anyway, my best friend sister worked at one of the largest firms in our city, and she said it was hell. She quit and took a 50 percent pay cut, but her quality of life is sooo much higher now....she's happy.

check out infirmation.com -greedy associates board.......

Im glad I out grew wanting to be an attorney.

SELF-MASTERY

Banned
Reaction score
Dreamy_chick, do you work for a BIGLAW law firm? Im also in Georgia...:)

Porky

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
My father is proof that you don't really need law school.

He went only two times to his final law class - to sign in on the first day and to take the bar exam on the last day. He spent the rest of his time smoking weed and doing mescaline and drinking with his friends. 7 weeks before the bar exam he began studying 9 hours a day in the library, every day. he passed all but one section, which he retook and did fine on.

tristan22

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Your dad must be one smart dude! The teachings of law were a lot more difficult years ago. Today, it is damn near possible to flunk out.

BTW a friend of mine graduated from law school (3 years ago) and he still hasn't passed the bar!

Don_Marko

Senior Don Juan
Reaction score
Just so i can get this straight...
It's possible to just take and pass the bar and become a lawyer without breaking ur nuts at the law school???
REALLY?

SELF-MASTERY

Banned
Reaction score
yes and NO. In my state there is some kind of way that ppl who have EXPERIENCE working in the field may take the bar, but there are all kinds of rules and red tape. If you want to make a 6 figure salary that is not the way to go. The only ppl who make big salaries right out of law school are pp; working at corporate firms, and those big firms dont accept ppl who just passed the bar and didn't attend a high ranking law school, those same firms are even selective about what schools they will hire from. If u didnt attend a feeder school for the big firms in your area bs law schools, avg grades, and just passing the bar isnt going to hack. No w if that degree is from a top tier school you can have a 2.3 and get a good job.

Porky

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Originally posted by Don_Marko
It's possible to just take and pass the bar and become a lawyer without breaking ur nuts at the law school???
REALLY?
did you see catch me if you can?

it was sensationalized, sure, but that kid really did just study for weeks to pass the BAR in real life.

DreamyChick

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Originally posted by SELF-MASTERY
Dreamy_chick, do you work for a BIGLAW law firm? Im also in Georgia...:)
Nope it's small for people who can't afford attorneys.

JohnJones

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Originally posted by Don_Marko
REALLY?
In most states, no. Most states you need the JD from an ABA accredited law school to sit for the bar. Those states that still have apprenticeship provisions (if there are any) you have to sit around someone's law office for a few years before you can take the exam.

Tristan, I agree that the 3rd year is questionable for those who want to litigate (since two monkeys a paralegal and a laptop can litigate). I found that an extra year for corporate finance classes was helpful (since the firms often only care a little to educate you).

Seriously though, with something like 900,000 new lawyers every year in the US, the firms need some easy, sensible way to cull the herd to a reasonable amount of people, and grades are the best way (read: easiest way). When you say "average" grades, as noted above it depends on what school (connections cannot hurt either unless you are clearly out of step with the other people there).

SELF-MASTERY

Banned
Reaction score
Originally posted by DreamyChick
Nope it's small for people who can't afford attorneys.
Legal Aid????

pimpfromdayone

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
3 years? Is that it?! Shoooot, take a look at what medical students go through to be doctors: 4 years med. school PLUS 3-6 years residency, depending on specialty, and on top of that med. school at my college is TWICE the price of law school here. I am actually considering undergoing this journey. The pros: The residency you do get paid like 30K for or something I think.... and at least after you're done you are basically guaranteed a salary well into the 6 figures range. If I wanted to guarantee myself money (which I do), I would go that route. Law gives you a better chance at hitting the millions, IF you find a good firm and become successful, but it is a gamble. Dude, just go to year three, pass the bar with flying colors, and land yourself a job ASAP so you can get the experience and hopefully be making those six figures in the very near future. If you like law, I don't see why you wouldn't anyway. I don't want to do something just for money, but as it stands now I have no major and no definite idea what I want to do, but if you gotta pick something to do, might as well do the BEST you can with your brain and make some money right? Ah, I digress.....

SELF-MASTERY

Banned
Reaction score
Legal Aid????
I'm guessing you work in the city (atlanta,) a guy from Legal Aid rear sided my car not too long ago. I would name drop.......

I think you should buy me dinner....:woo:

DreamyChick

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
I'm guessing you work in the city (atlanta,) a guy from Legal Aid rear sided my car not too long ago. I would name drop.......

I think you should buy me dinner....:woo:

Really that sucks and is a perfectly good example of why I stay out of ATL. Aren't you bold? Sosauve is teaching you well. :p

SELF-MASTERY

Banned
Reaction score
I was bold before so suave. I try to stay out of ATL as well, but my doctor is located in B-head...

I've entertained the thought of working as a paralegal at a biglaw firm. Decent money without the stress of being an attorney.

DreamyChick

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
I was bold before so suave. I try to stay out of ATL as well, but my doctor is located in B-head...

I've entertained the thought of working as a paralegal at a biglaw firm. Decent money without the stress of being an attorney.
Paralegals do most of the work so it still could be interesting.

pimpfromdayone

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
I like to argue and I always win, but law is just not something I want to do because I don't like being a law-abiding citizen in some cases. I think some laws are stupid, and most lawyers just make shi-t worse because they support these dumb fu-ckers who want to make a living off of throwing lawsuits at everyone..... It makes me sick. I am also a very indecisive person and really passive, so I would have trouble in criminal law where you have to feel strongly towards prosecuting the person or defending them.... I would like just not care, mainly because I don't feel qualified to determine the outcome of someone's life, even if they are criminals. I just thought I would throw this one out there for your viewing pleasure. Thankyou, I'm here all week.

SELF-MASTERY

Banned
Reaction score
I think that you could learn to love the process, while not feeling passionate about the law.