Hello Friend,

If this is your first visit to SoSuave, I would advise you to START HERE.

It will be the most efficient use of your time.

And you will learn everything you need to know to become a huge success with women.

Thank you for visiting and have a great day!

365 Days--My Biggest Contribution Ever.

jmm854

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Ahh, so here I am. August 1, 2003, exactly one year ago today that I registered here at the boards. Although I have a fair number of posts, I'm not really one of the main people recognized here in the high school forum or in any forum, but that's okay. I'm not really looking for recognition here, but as it's been a whole year now of learning for me, I do feel inclined to giving something back to everyone that makes this place work.

But first, a little background. I learned of this site well more than one year ago, and at first I thought everything was complete bullsh*t. I didn't think half of the things here should even be tried with girls, let alone end up being successful techniques. But as my social life just drifted further and further from where I wanted it to be, I started to buy into sosuave. I didn't have a lot of success at first, but I stuck with it, and now here I am one year later, a completely different person.

I'm a high school graduate now and was a standout tennis player on my team this past spring. I've got a pretty fair shot of making the team at my university, so the past few weeks I've been doing a lot of running, 5 to 10 miles a night, to try to get myself into shape for tryouts. Because I knew I wanted to make a post that would hopefully impact some of you guys, I was throwing around some ideas in my head of what exactly I would preach in my post.

Around the fourth mile of my run tonight, somebody passed me on the other side of the road that I knew from school. This kid was by far one of the most popular in my graduating class, someone up until my senior year--after I had found sosuave--I would've shyed away from and never would've gotten to know. But as it turned out, I did get to meet him and hang out a few times this year. After he passed me, he then turned into someone's driveway nearby, turned around, and headed back up the street to catch up to me. He then drives by, rolls down the window, and says 'McKinney(me), is that you', and I hopped in his car.

As it turned out, he was on the way to a pretty big party, and his directions were wrong and asked me if I knew where the place was. It also turned out it was at another kid's house that I had known through high school but never really got to meet until senior year, again coinciding with sosuave. We showed up at the party, and although I was a bit sweaty, I ended up having a great time tonight. I just came in the door a little bit ago after partying with all the 'coolest' people of my graduating class.

Well, that's great Jared. I'm glad you had a good time with your new found acquaintances. But what's the point?

Oppertunities are exponential.

Think about it. Everything that happened to me tonight happened based on one oppertunity that I allowed myself to be involved with five months ago--to play tennis my senior season at school. But by choosing to play tennis this year, I made great friends with everyone on the team--and I gave myself a chance to play tennis at college as well. By making friends with my teammates, we attended parties together where I met the kid driving down the road tonight. And by giving myself a chance to play tennis at college, I just happened to be doing my daily workout at the time he drove by. By meeting the kid driving down the road, I got to have a great time tonight at the party.

If I hadn't decided to play tennis my senior year, I probably would've watched the Orioles lose a heartbreaker at the Metrodome tonight against the Twins 10-9.

So to all of you--make the most out of every oppertunity that comes your way, and make the most of them. By opening one door to yourself, often times you're opening several doors you just weren't aware of at the time. And by choosing another oppertunity, you'll open that many more doors for yourself, it's never ending.

Tonight for me was just an example. Several other situations like this have popped up for me in the past few months. In my case today, it meant the difference between getting some play with an 8 or 9 at a party or listening to my brother b*tch about how Orioles first baseman Jeff Conine couldn't scoop the ball at first base to end the game and beat Minnesota.

There have been a lot of posts here at sosuave that have dealt with getting out there and getting involved, and good things will happen. Hopefully with what I just shared with you you'll take advantage of those situations, no matter how small they may appear to be, and run with it, because they really do make a difference.

That's all I've got for ya. Here's to the next year being an even more successful than the last!

AC/DC

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
And how exactly to get thsoe opportunities is on the post I just wrote.

Thanks Jared, for helping me remember what we are all doing this for, what I am busting my ass in football for.

This post means a lot to me, because I applied it to my life. This is what I'm fighting for, this is what I'm breathing, sweating, and bleeding on the field and during tests for.

I am making a future here, and thanks for reminding us all about that. I really appreciate it.

lemieux66

Don Juan
Reaction score
that's a damn good post.

sure the general message has been said before, but I like hearing real life examples and real life successes. it's the sort of thing that you can't read enough of

good job man.

Eternal

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Jared...Very good job going from "unknown" to "known" during your senior year. That can be very hard to do. Good luck in college.

Egyptiandude1

Don Juan
Reaction score
very motivating jared, I too am hoping to rise from slightly known to known by all:) , so this post has been useful. can you by any chance provide some examples on how you got started?

SnatchJP

Senior Don Juan
Reaction score
Jus' chimin' in

Excellent post! Not just about DJing of course, but a great point for life in general. Another great reason to work hard an play harder.

:p*SNATCHJP SEAL OF APPROVAL*:p

Julius_Caesar

Don Juan
Reaction score
I think that the one year anniversary is a BIG deal. I mean, it is a time for reflection. How far have you come in one year? How long did it take for you to really get motovated to start? Do you like what you have become? Huge questions. I have done something like the one year thing, and I can tell you, IT IS A GREAT EXPERIECE. It makes you think: "hey, I really CAN change. Look how far I have come!" It really is inspirational. Also a good time to set goals, gets you out of the past and into the future with that feeling of: "I can do this!"

I think that everybody should try it. I have a while to go till my sosauve anniversary, so I got a lot to work for.

jmm854

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
very motivating jared, I too am hoping to rise from slightly known to known by all , so this post has been useful. can you by any chance provide some examples on how you got started?
When I made this post, I wasn't intending to write a success story of being well known or anything...

Egyptain, everyday you're going to have situations arise where you can better yourself. Some will come fairly unnoticed, like introducing yourself to someone while walking down the hallway. But the entire post was made to point out how these oppertunities can and do make all the difference in your life. Every time you take a risk, every time you meet a new person it's just one more connection you've made for yourself in the future.

For example, you can walk down the hall and have a brief conversation with a guy you've seen around school, don't really know well, don't matter whether he's popular or not. It could turn out that you're interested in the same kind of work as you and can get you a particular job, or he may have a really cute friend which he introduces you to and you DJ her ass and get together, or anything you can think of!!

In your situation this applies as well. Big school or small, I don't care. I thought one key to being comfortable in high school is getting to know as many people as you can, and being comfortable is what it's all about. And think about it, getting to know people is one thing that kinda has a snowball effect to it. You get to know one person, they introduce you to a few more, them a few more and in a short time you can make a name for yourself. So in your case too, it's the hidden oppertunities that are most important.

And to everyone else: How do I get that damn link in my sig to work?

jmm854

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
I think that the one year anniversary is a BIG deal. I mean, it is a time for reflection. How far have you come in one year? How long did it take for you to really get motovated to start? Do you like what you have become? Huge questions. I have done something like the one year thing, and I can tell you, IT IS A GREAT EXPERIECE. It makes you think: "hey, I really CAN change. Look how far I have come!" It really is inspirational. Also a good time to set goals, gets you out of the past and into the future with that feeling of: "I can do this!"
As far as the "one year anniversary of being at sosuave", it's not a big deal. In fact, I could've cared less about it. I just thought instead of being the one to reply all the time I'd try throwing something out there halfway useful to everyone.

As far as your questions:

Man, I can't tell you how far I've came since last year around this time. I mean, I've improved myself in all three stages of the game: physically, mentally, and emotionally. Physically I've gotten rid of a pretty bad case of acne and can run off 6-7 minute miles no problem. Emotionally I've had a couple break-ups that I think will allow me to handle future relationships much better. But mentally has been the key, as it should be. There's no other way to explain it than I've just got the right attitude to achieve success in my life.

I was really pretty depressed when I got started here. I had been going to see a counselor on a regular basis, which really didn't help much. It was time for a change, and I ran with it. If you're looking for like one crucial moment that inspired me to stick with sosuave, I don't have it, just 3 pretty sh*tty years of high school.

Do I like what I've become? I like the progress I've made. I mean, I've had my first two real relationships, my first kiss, my first bl*wjob...there's been a lot of new things I've been able to accomplish this past year. There's still a lot of room to get better.

I think moving to college in a couple weeks will really be the test of whether I've made the progress I wanted to achieve. New people, new place, new oppertunity to start on top from the beginning of college unlike trying to repair a damaged rep from high school. Hopefully I'll make it a smooth transition and create a positive image of myself from the start.

Thanks for the other replies as well.

die4me

Don Juan
Reaction score
Inspiring...I've had similar experiences, and it was because of extra activities that I did.

Julius_Caesar

Don Juan
Reaction score
Jared,

If you don't really care about the one year thing, that is fine with me. But it says to me that your ambitions are not as ...erm... extensive as mine. My one year anniversary was not for sosauve, but for my personal changing day. I choose to completly change my life. I set goals higher than the sky. I am closer, but nowhere near my goals. My post was not in response to you, but for people who set huge goals. Somebody may know what I am talking about, and it was for them. For me, it is important to look back and see how far I have come because I have so much farther to go. I came to this forum not just for girls, but to improve my whole self, for power, for ambition, for history. My response was for them, people like me. Have fun at college playing tennis. Sounds like fun.

Vale