Hello Friend,

If this is your first visit to SoSuave, I would advise you to START HERE.

It will be the most efficient use of your time.

And you will learn everything you need to know to become a huge success with women.

Thank you for visiting and have a great day!

3 Second Rule put to the test (Field test)

PumpingIron13

Don Juan
Reaction score
Not a week ago I saw a post on here about the 3 second rule where when you see a girl you should approach within 3 seconds to prevent yourself from doubting and putting yourself down. A lot of people argued it didn't matter how fast the approach was if you have no confidence and game to back it up which I can understand but this actually worked for me.I don't really have any confidence problems with girls so when I saw my chance today I took it.

While walking to the pool from the front office (I'm a lifeguard), I spot 2 girls one is like a 6 and the other is a high 7, I immediately smile n say how you doing to the girls and i get smiles and his back. I then walk up to the gate and open it for em and ask "goin for a swim?" They say yes smiling again. On the way to the pool I tell the cuter one, you know you picked a good time to swim, im the lifeguard on duty. She responded really well to this and said no you picked a good time to life guard u get to watch me swim. I responded with oh so thats how it is huh, well well see.

Honestly the 3 second rule was a push and everything else was off the top of my head so i think its good advice you should try it

Fred Da Head

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Wow, you suddenly had an epiphany that one of the oldest tips that's still around actually works? Oh my god, STOP THE PRESSES! It's high time this goes on the cover of every world newspaper!

Look, I'm not trying to be an ass, but if you're going to "field test" something, at least try it a whole bunch of times. Let's say... ten times. That's a bare minimum--if you can go for a hundred, that's better.

The three second rule doesn't work that well for me. Now, if I posted "Three second rule: field test" and claimed that the one time I followed it, it didn't work.. people would just say I suck and that's why it didn't. But if I can name (and reproduce) the same effects and tell you about it, maybe you'll be inclined to believe it doesn't work for everyone... though it's a great tip for most.

SoldMySoul

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
I agree with you and I will tell you why. I have a date tonight and I didn't run up and ask right away. IT took me a few minutes to talk with one and I was not even sure I was getting IOI. Even still, I was not sure that I was interested, but I didnt put much thought into and it work. I think the real problem is when you put a lot of thought into is when it goes south. I do think if you wait a while and approach, you come across average. USUALLY, i do want to see a few IOIs before I approach.

PumpingIron13

Don Juan
Reaction score
Its an old idea to approach right away but when you put it in your head that when you see a hb you should at least be making eye contact or smile within the first 3 seconds. Your right though i should have tried it a few more times. Too bad theres never any dank chicks swimming at my pool

knowbull

Banned
Reaction score
Dude that is called socializing with human beings. The 3 second rule is for pulling females. They're at a pool. Of course they're going for a swim. Sorry that they didn't drown.

Public_eNemy

Banned
Reaction score
you definitely have to field test a lot more..
Guys tend to do this, they try things like 3 times and think they "tested"
many other factors may be involved on that, so the more testing the better