Hello Friend,

If this is your first visit to SoSuave, I would advise you to START HERE.

It will be the most efficient use of your time.

And you will learn everything you need to know to become a huge success with women.

Thank you for visiting and have a great day!

3 "flakes" in a row. Is this girl flaking or are her reasons legitimate?

budisudaryo

Don Juan
Reaction score
Hi guys,

I've been seeing this girl for about 2 months and generally everything is well, until the occurances of these past few days.

She cancelled a date because her friends invited her to a group study for final exam. I thought that was acceptable.

2 days later, I asked her whether she wants to postpone the date until after the exam so she could focus on it because there's only 3 days left before the exam. She said, "I think so, you ok with that?" I said that was perfectly ok.

Then things got a bit strange. She contacts me much less and her texts were much less enthusiastic. Cold, even. I thought it was maybe because her mind was focused on the exam. So I brushed any negative thoughts.

So she failed the exam. I tried to console her but her reaction was still a bit cold. I then told her that we should meet the next day and I got a surprise that maybe could ease her mind (nothing big, just this food that she'd been craving for). She said she didn't know because she suddenly wanted to meet her dad the next day. I thought that was a red flag because if she really wanted to meet me then she would've tried to make time for her dad and for me. Then I asked her if she meets her dad surely that doesn't mean she couldn't meet me too on the same day. She answered, she wanted to spend the whole day with her dad. I've had enough and I said, just meet your dad tomorrow, I'll hang out with someone else.

Do you smell something fishy here? Or she just needs time after the stress of the exam? Currently I'm about to withdraw my attention a bit and I won't ask her out, I'll wait for her to ask me out.

Thanks.

budisudaryo

Don Juan
Reaction score
I might add that these past week or so our relationship got a little too comfortable and the challenge and the excitement is not as strong as it was. We texted/IM too much so I cut it down a bit. Maybe she noticed that and mistaken it for a decrease in interest and her coldness and flakes are some kind of her revenge?

Last edited:

Theminatar

Don Juan
Reaction score
You're coming off as to needy, you're almost begging for her attention. I'd withdraw now.

budisudaryo

Don Juan
Reaction score
Theminatar said:
You're coming off as to needy, you're almost begging for her attention. I'd withdraw now.
you mean needy because I asked her out again after she flaked?

vatoloco

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
budisudaryo said:
She cancelled a date because her friends invited her to a group study for final exam. I thought that was acceptable... Then things got a bit strange. She contacts me much less and her texts were much less enthusiastic. Cold, even.... So she failed the exam. I tried to console her but her reaction was still a bit cold. I then told her that we should meet the next day and I got a surprise that maybe could ease her mind (nothing big, just this food that she'd been craving for). She said she didn't know because she suddenly wanted to meet her dad the next day...
Put 2 and 2 together. I don't think she was at a group study. Especially NOT with her friends. She probably spent that study time with "Dad"... ;)

Blackmm

Senior Don Juan
Reaction score
vatoloco said:
Put 2 and 2 together. I don't think she was at a group study. Especially NOT with her friends. She probably spent that study time with "Dad"... ;)
She was at a group "something" wink wink.

budisudaryo

Don Juan
Reaction score
but she still texts me just to ask what I'm doing, at least once a day. so surely the interest is not down yet? I know some of you will say she's keeping me as a backup (although I don't think she's seeing someone else). well, let's see if she makes a date offer while I keep distancing myself.

st_99

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
budisudaryo said:
Do you smell something fishy here?
Yes, her lack of interest in you is about as blatant and obvious as you can get.

Only thing left to do is back off, continue to live your life, and if she contacts you make her work for you. In other words, don't run to her like a child.

corrector

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Yeah, her reasons are legit. Your alpha male jerk friend, or some hot guy pumped and dumped her. Her heart is still with him, but he's banging other hot girls and now you don't have her either since she's not emotionally available to you.

She failed her exam because she was heart-broken by that pump-and-dump and is emotioanlly invested in that jerk. So, don't worry about her. When she makes excuses and go cold is because she was pumped and dumped and is just a two bit hor and has always seen you as a beta/omega friend. Don't obsess on two-bit hors. While you obsess over your two-bit hor some other jerk if doing her up her a$$.