29 y/o Girlfriend/ex-girlfriend, Should I get back with her?

Gamble

Don Juan
Reaction score
She just turned 29, and I am still 20. Here is the story. 2 months ago I had broken up with her because of our differences of age and everything between us kept us apart(her friends, family around her was getting married/having kids) so I got fed up with it and told her it would be best for us to part our own ways and we can just be friends so that she can move on to these things as I thought that's what she wanted because she was always talking about them. She starts crying on the phone and says that I leave her when her knee is at most pain. Couple of days pass and we get back together.

She had a torn muscle inside her knee and it was pretty serious. So serious that for a couple months I decided it was best if we just stayed home to allow her to have time to rest. This was for about 2 months as well. Her knee started showing problems about 4 months ago, and on top of that she was unemployed for about that long too. I tried helping her find a job and took her to see a kung fu healing therapist(which showed quite a result towards her knee). So a month later her birthday comes. We go clubbing w/ my sister and we celebrate together with a couple of friends and we had a great time.

The next day we talk like everything is normal, and she had plans w/ her sister to have a dinner together to celebrate. I was cool with it, until she went clubbing behind my back. Or so, I thought. I had a feeling she went to the club because she always calls me back right away after any type of social gathering with her friends/family. The next day, I call her at work and she was hung over. I started yelling at her because I was worried and the fact that it was her birthday. She yells back and said that she is not happy with her life/current condition. We hang up and I text her back saying that I am sorry and that I understand she has a right to have fun on her birthday. We go out to dinner the same night.

After that night, things started to rapidly change. She would not pick up her phone, call me, basically I lost all contact with her. It was getting in my head, so 4-5 days pass. She called me on the weekend and decided it would be better for us to part our ways because of our current stages of life(what I told her 2 months ago) and that she told me she did not want a bf at the current stage of her life as of right now and that it's not fair for me to take care of her.

A week passes and I call her letting her know that my sister(works for the county) had some applications for her to fill out by hand and for her to mail it. I was in the area so I told her I would drop it off. I meet her at the park and she jumped in my car, and I told her I would take her to get some orange juice. She didn't have a printer and had told me about her resume. I decided to help her out, so she came over that day as I was fixing up her resume. We ended up on the couch, and she started crying saying that it's not fair because we can't be together and that she really loves me blah blah. I kept my cool and we had sex right after that.

A day after I invite her to watch the opening laker game at my house(wanting to get the relationship back on hand) and she said that she was busy that night. I called her 2-3 days later and asked her to hang out and she said she was busy as well. I got fed up with all these phone calls, and decided not to talk to her. I usually call her on the weekend but did not. She texted me and said "How are you doing?" and i replied back and said "I'm fine" and kept it at that. It's been almost 2 weeks since I've contacted her. I decided to end things for good but went out to the club last night and missed her dearly. Right now I want to call her to ask her to hang out at the club for the haloween event, but do you guys think this is a good idea? After writing this post, I understand the difference did place it's effect after my actions. I miss her dearly right now and have no clue what to do, If I wanted to get back with her I have a feeling I could, but it would probably take some time. Do you guys think I should contact her? Thanks in advanced.

slaog

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Look for somebody else I'd say but it has to be your decision. Does she add to your life or is there more bad then good?

She sounds like a handfull. Breaking up, no contact, crying, looking for sympathy etc. Also there is the age gap to consider so I don't think it would work out in the long term.

OneEyedJack

Don Juan
Reaction score
slaog: Gamble is also a handful
2 months ago I had broken up with her because of our differences of age and everything between us kept us apart(her friends, family around her was getting married/having kids) so I got fed up with it and told her it would be best for us to part our own ways and we can just be friends so that she can move on to these things as I thought that's what she wanted because she was always talking about them.
He broke up with her because he assumed it was what she wanted. To prevent possible rejection.

Gamble gets childish when he perceives things aren't going his way.

The next day we talk like everything is normal, and she had plans w/ her sister to have a dinner together to celebrate. I was cool with it, until she went clubbing behind my back. [...] The next day, I call her at work and she was hung over. I started yelling at her
Now, context wasn't given to why clubbing was such a bad thing to do with her sister. But yelling at someone who you aren't dating because you were worried is creepy behaviour - and it means that although you said the words "break-up" you, Gamble, haven't - to the point of lying - to her and yourself.

We ended up on the couch, and she started crying saying that it's not fair because we can't be together and that she really loves me blah blah.
This can be translated to "We would still be together if you weren't such an insecure douche"

You first step is to work on yourself and to stop looking for problems that don't exist. Your second step is to assume that your gf is smarter that you give her credit for. She knows how old you are, and how old she is. She knows that you aren't marriage material *NOW*, but if you hadn't shot yourself in the nuts, you could have been in 2-3 years.

Don't contact her until you are a better, more confident person. This could take months. She has your number, if she wants to talk, she'll call.

Gamble

Don Juan
Reaction score
that is true what you said, but when i yelled at her we were still together. We got back together a couple days after we had broken up. I miss having sex with her and having someone to spend time with all the time. :( Anyways, I'll play the waiting game and build up my confidence before I do start talking to her again. It's been about 2 weeks since she texted me "how are you doing?" and i replied with "im fine" and that was it... I shouldn't have replied but it's weird, she is not even going on messenger to talk to anyone after this little incident.

OneEyedJack said:
slaog: Gamble is also a handful

He broke up with her because he assumed it was what she wanted. To prevent possible rejection.

Gamble gets childish when he perceives things aren't going his way.

Now, context wasn't given to why clubbing was such a bad thing to do with her sister. But yelling at someone who you aren't dating because you were worried is creepy behaviour - and it means that although you said the words "break-up" you, Gamble, haven't - to the point of lying - to her and yourself.

This can be translated to "We would still be together if you weren't such an insecure douche"

You first step is to work on yourself and to stop looking for problems that don't exist. Your second step is to assume that your gf is smarter that you give her credit for. She knows how old you are, and how old she is. She knows that you aren't marriage material *NOW*, but if you hadn't shot yourself in the nuts, you could have been in 2-3 years.

Don't contact her until you are a better, more confident person. This could take months. She has your number, if she wants to talk, she'll call.

Gamble

Don Juan
Reaction score
do you guys think it would be ok for me to call her tomorrow? It seems like I'm immature for just "ignoring her" and playing the waiting game. It's killing me right now,I want to call her tomorrow to see how things are going and to see if everythings ok because of her situation.

Corey

Don Juan
Reaction score
Gamble said:
do you guys think it would be ok for me to call her tomorrow? It seems like I'm immature for just "ignoring her" and playing the waiting game. It's killing me right now,I want to call her tomorrow to see how things are going and to see if everythings ok because of her situation.
let her contact you first remember she needs you more than you need her

Gamble

Don Juan
Reaction score
me: anyways
me: you didnt answer my question
her: what question?
me: scroll up
her: i don't think i can beat u
her: haha
me: nah
her: not that one
her: tennis
her: rite?
me: nope
her: what
me: game over
me: what are you doing for haloween?
her: i have to ask my frd
me: hmm let me know
me: maybe ill stop by or something
me: i miss partying with the girl who always took advantage of me at the club
her: it was b4, haha
her: have fun
her: moo moo

Gamble

Don Juan
Reaction score
her: we are always good friend
me: "theres no such things as friend"
me: but yeah we'll always be good friends
me: well
me: i'm going to bed now
me: tired from yesterday
her: wat?
her: no such things as frd?
her: =P
me: yup that's your corny line
her: why so tired?
her: too much xxx
her: hehe
me: jeez there you go again
me: always thinking im bad
me: im innocent
her: condom in the car
her: duh
her: bad boy boy

then i signed off... anyways, she still shows interest by assuming im already f***ing other girls right? I'm so sad right now, just trying to keep my head up