Hello Friend,

If this is your first visit to SoSuave, I would advise you to START HERE.

It will be the most efficient use of your time.

And you will learn everything you need to know to become a huge success with women.

Thank you for visiting and have a great day!

25 Year Old Vet and dating

nickblack909

Reaction score
Good Afternoon Gents,
Just a general background because I find it quite difficult to get out and meet with high quality women.
I got out of the Marine Corps in 2018, I was deployed twice, the first time had its moments but the second time is were I got nailed with PTSD. Transitioning out of the Military has been in parts very difficult, I am proud to say that I have made it this far, have my own place, car, and even a service dog in training right now. Normal places were people go to meet women are filled with over stimulus for me, (constantly on guard, I can't relax for an example unless I get really drunk and I don't do that because too much bull**** to deal with). Some Days I have a hard time leaving the apartment due to the social isolation, I have a hard time relating to people my age due to my experiences. I can and have in the past and coming this weekend slept with low hanging fruit, and occasionally some babes.
I can go out to the local downtown area of Orlando but I normally feel more comfortable when I go with another Veteran.
Pretty much for four years I was not only blue pilled but surrounded by dudes 24/7 (I was in the infantry) so my social skills with women are lackluster in some cases. I'm working on getting my motorcycle fixed this month as-well. I have a pretty good feeling I'm doing all the right things when it comes to self improvement and being my center point of origin.

Is there any other vets here on sosuave? I need some mentorship when it comes to this new world I'm in.

bat soup

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Good Afternoon Gents,
Just a general background because I find it quite difficult to get out and meet with high quality women.
I got out of the Marine Corps in 2018, I was deployed twice, the first time had its moments but the second time is were I got nailed with PTSD. Transitioning out of the Military has been in parts very difficult, I am proud to say that I have made it this far, have my own place, car, and even a service dog in training right now. Normal places were people go to meet women are filled with over stimulus for me, (constantly on guard, I can't relax for an example unless I get really drunk and I don't do that because too much bull**** to deal with). Some Days I have a hard time leaving the apartment due to the social isolation, I have a hard time relating to people my age due to my experiences. I can and have in the past and coming this weekend slept with low hanging fruit, and occasionally some babes.
I can go out to the local downtown area of Orlando but I normally feel more comfortable when I go with another Veteran.
Pretty much for four years I was not only blue pilled but surrounded by dudes 24/7 (I was in the infantry) so my social skills with women are lackluster in some cases. I'm working on getting my motorcycle fixed this month as-well. I have a pretty good feeling I'm doing all the right things when it comes to self improvement and being my center point of origin.

Is there any other vets here on sosuave? I need some mentorship when it comes to this new world I'm in.
Try going out wearing your uniform and tell women your war stories. I bet there are lots of women that will get hot for that.

Çharismo

Senior Don Juan
Reaction score
I’m not a vet neither have I been in a war but I tell you what I’ve been through hell and back...TWICE and came out on the other side better than before and have a better appreciation for life, peace and stability. It takes time to get back into the swing of things especially when you have been out of the “game” for so long. The good thing is that you have time on your side and a whole lot of life left to live as long as you don’t give up.

Progress is a slow road and results will take time as long as you show up everyday and do your best because that’s all we can do each and everyday... our best. If you can go to therapy it might help you figure out and deal with some issues you are having but you need to find a good therapist. There is nothing wrong with being alone but maybe you can also join support groups in your area which might better help you connect with others going through similar issues.

I would also recommend that you start to meditate and work on your breath because it will help calm your mind especially the flight or fight response your mind and body might be stuck in. PTSD is no joke and can wreck havoc on your life especially your sleep. Try going on walks or maybe you can even join a yoga class which is also shown to help people dealing with PTSD.

With everything mentioned above always remember that life is a marathon and not a sprint and one day you will wake up and be an old man so make sure you don’t have any regrets and try your best to live your best life because time has mercy for no one.

I wish you all the best and good luck with everything that you do.

ThisIsSparta

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Normal places were people go to meet women are filled with over stimulus for me, (constantly on guard, I can't relax for an example unless I get really drunk and I don't do that because too much bull**** to deal with). Some Days I have a hard time leaving the apartment
Dude you are 25, you should put your focus on becoming the best version of yourself, not putting yourself into stress over women.

There are plenty women out there that would be totaly fine with not going to "normal places" (bars, clubs, cinema and other crowded places i guess). Did you try online dating? Usually the chicks are fine with coffee at a quiet place for a first date and a second date could be in nature for a walk/hike, cooking at your place or something like that. There is no need to put yourself into a crowd of people.

If you want to improve your social skills with women, try taking a class in meditation, yoga or cooking. Usually you will find plenty of women there with open minds that will socialize with you.

Also, there is nothing wrong with picking the low hanging fruit to get sex. The important thing is that you do not stop improving yourself. You can handle yourself up to the higher fruits as you grow. Just dont geht the low fruits pregnant.

AureliusMaximus

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Good Afternoon Gents,

Welcome to Sosuave to begin with. I'm not vet either so i cannot say much about it. But i agree with @ThisIsSparta Also thank you for your service!
(Although I'm not obviously American I do appreciate our brave service men do in military for us civilians).

Dude you are 25, you should put your focus on becoming the best version of yourself, not putting yourself into stress over women.
You're only 25 and have your whole life in front of you and should not worry too much and of course; have fun with it, make new friends, new experiences, travel the world more and do things that you love doing. After all you're only in your twenties once in your life and life waits for no one.

Chase your own exellence and become the best version of yourself instead of chasing women. Work hard on yourself and life will reveal it's beauties in many ways, (including girls lol).

Last edited:

oc16

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Good Afternoon Gents,

Thanks for your service. I don't really have any advice, but if you can make it through Parris Island or San Diego and then get deployed, you can handle ANYTHING in life. You have more balls than 99% of other men

jimwho

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Don't consider myself a vet. Peacetime 533 demo dude. But I have had anxiety, which sounds cheesy but if I thought
I was losing my mind then I think I qualify to try to help here. First thing I would do is look in the mirror every day to remind yourself that you're a Badaasss.. You're still a pup with plenty of time to mellow out. You'll heal with time, and in the meantime study mediation, self hypnosis, basic relaxation stuff. Don't guzzle red bull. If you're seeing ladies and getting out there already you are doing well. More time.

Last edited:

Lookatu

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
There are plenty women out there that would be totaly fine with not going to "normal places" (bars, clubs, cinema and other crowded places i guess).

The important thing is that you do not stop improving yourself. You can handle yourself up to the higher fruits as you grow. Just dont geht the low fruits pregnant.
Agree.

From your location, if you're in FL, take them to a shooting range. This is something I'm sure you'll enjoy and usually girls that are ok with guns have a different attitude on things.

Hell, get some airsoft guns and go Iguana hunting, have fun, and get paid. LOL