Hello Friend,

If this is your first visit to SoSuave, I would advise you to START HERE.

It will be the most efficient use of your time.

And you will learn everything you need to know to become a huge success with women.

Thank you for visiting and have a great day!

2022-2023: The types of game that has worked for me.

Jesse Pinkman

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
While I have hit a bit of a slump in recent months due to being sick, dealing with toxic people-related situations, and some roadblocks, all in all, I had some real fun in 2022 and some decent on and off momentum in 2023.

Cold approach daygame.

It is tough to learn and even tougher to do right but it has worked the best for me out of all in terms of outcomes (Lays). The only thing is that it is very tough to learn the right way. I originally practiced it by joining a PUA group but most of the guys on it were weird spam approachers that would practically harass women. What worked for me was doing fewer approaches but being very mindful of the environment. Instead of spam approaching every girl, only approaching the few who showed signs of wanting to be approached (not in a rush, not super pissed off and walking angrily, etc.). I think good daygame actually teaches you to stand back, observe people, and read which ones are okay with being approached. Daygame taught by "PUAs" teaches you how to harass people and get yourself in trouble.

Cold approach nightgame.

If there is one new thing I have learned in 2023, it is that you can get dates from nightgame! I have been able to do that in 2023 and I never knew that this was possible. Instagrams always lead to more than just numbers from my experience because IG says more. Runner up to daygame has been nightgame assuming the venue is not a super loud nightclub. What I have noticed in Miami is that it is harder to get the SNL here and my lays have come more from nightgame dates as opposed pulling that same night, although I have done that as well.

Social circle game.

I do not put it near the top because it really comes down to pure luck in terms of you getting a good one going. Most traditional ways like hobbies do not work and it just comes down to vicinity. My apartment had a bunch of people move in who were in their 20s out of college and we had a social circle going from that. From that, we were able to build a bigger circle and I found a couple of girls DTF. One of my old wings became my good friends and got us into boat parties which led to some opportunities. However, if you want quantity, social circle game sucks. I also find that doing social circle game long enough kind of makes you weaker as a man and more risk averse in general.

Online dating.

Before 2020, I would have put Online Game at number 1. I would get 4 to 5 dates a week from a mix of Tinder, Bumble, and Hinge. Now, I would not even put it in the top 3 because of how much it has changed. You cannot restart your profile anymore for an ELO boost as that gets you a ban. Getting around a shadowban is tough as it practically requires a new phone and a new number which I do not want to waste my time with. A lot of apps are loaded with OF accounts and fake profiles. What I get with Tinder is a lot of profiles thousands of miles away, seems like tons of foreign women passporting into US cities.

IMO, online dating seriously needs some disruption. It has become an aggressive money grab.

Dr.Suave

Reaction score
OLD: When I was single, not as bad for me as its been for most guys.

Cold approach nightgame. Monday through Thursday were the best ime. Most girls out and about on weekends are with their SO

Social Circle game. Its always a possibility but I´d rather do OLD or CA at night

Cold approach during the day. I totally missed out but I would rarely do CA during the day. During the day I´d rather work or do some adulting

Jesse Pinkman

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
OLD: When I was single, not as bad for me as its been for most guys.

Cold approach nightgame. Monday through Thursday were the best ime. Most girls out and about on weekends are with their SO

Social Circle game. Its always a possibility but I´d rather do OLD or CA at night

Cold approach during the day. I totally missed out but I would rarely do CA during the day. During the day I´d rather work or do some adulting
OLD was my go to and real easy for me from 2017 up to 2020. Even in 2021, it had its moments. Then from that onwards, it has been a money grab.

Dr.Suave

Reaction score
OLD was my go to and real easy for me from 2017 up to 2020. Even in 2021, it had its moments. Then from that onwards, it has been a money grab.
Admitedly, last time I used OLD it was late 2021. Unless someone in this forum can say he is doing great with OLD in 2023, I guess it really went downhill really f0cking fast.

Barrister

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Admitedly, last time I used OLD it was late 2021. Unless someone in this forum can say he is doing great with OLD in 2023, I guess it really went downhill really f0cking fast.
I think if you are using it strictly for sex it will still work. I have a buddy who is 50, bald, about 5'8 and consistently cleans up on it. Now, he does have high SMV, but he is routinely scoring decent chicks (HB 6.5-7.5) in their early to mid 30s, which I would say is pretty good given his age. Has even snagged 1-2 "hot" ones. And this is in a small metro.

Would I want to get anything more serious than a plate off of OLD? No.

corrector

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
While I have hit a bit of a slump in recent months due to being sick, dealing with toxic people-related situations, and some roadblocks, all in all, I had some real fun in 2022 and some decent on and off momentum in 2023.

Cold approach daygame.

It is tough to learn and even tougher to do right but it has worked the best for me out of all in terms of outcomes (Lays). The only thing is that it is very tough to learn the right way. I originally practiced it by joining a PUA group but most of the guys on it were weird spam approachers that would practically harass women. What worked for me was doing fewer approaches but being very mindful of the environment. Instead of spam approaching every girl, only approaching the few who showed signs of wanting to be approached (not in a rush, not super pissed off and walking angrily, etc.). I think good daygame actually teaches you to stand back, observe people, and read which ones are okay with being approached. Daygame taught by "PUAs" teaches you how to harass people and get yourself in trouble.
They used to have bootcamp threads on here in the 00s, and challenging users to cold-approach women was one of the highlights. There were even approach journals all over the place.

The issue with cold-approach when I did it in the past, is you are right, you have to be mindful of the environment, look for signs the girl wants to be approached, but in so doing, you can end up wasting allot of time just to get the nerve to do a single approach. That's very taxing on the mind and why it's blah.

The Duke

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
I used to do well on OLD. There is a vast difference between now and about 5yrs ago when I was last on it. Definitely not having the success I used to with it.

Maybe its the season, not sure. Only had OLD for a few weeks.

Jesse Pinkman

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
According to many out there, OLD is mostly dudes, like super sausagefest type of a scenario on the 3 major apps.

CollegeMan22

Senior Don Juan
Reaction score
They used to have bootcamp threads on here in the 00s, and challenging users to cold-approach women was one of the highlights. There were even approach journals all over the place.

The issue with cold-approach when I did it in the past, is you are right, you have to be mindful of the environment, look for signs the girl wants to be approached, but in so doing, you can end up wasting allot of time just to get the nerve to do a single approach. That's very taxing on the mind and why it's blah.
There’s no issue with cold approach. Just improve yourself, improve your SMV, and go for it. Don’t waste time by giving yourself the 3, 2, 1 count and just going for it. Only your own mental roadblocks can hold you back.

You don’t waste a lot of time. It takes like 3-6 minutes to get a basic understanding of the girl and have enough time to flirt with and tease her. Get her laughing, get her asking questions. Selectively dole out information, and make her want more. Say “where I’m from, ……..”. If she asks where you’re from, she’s into the conversation.

CollegeMan22

Senior Don Juan
Reaction score
I don’t know why it is not fun for you guys to talk to girls. Yeah, you do need to not look **** to do it, but you should be physically improving yourself already.

I approached this HB9 blonde banger in the gym today. Just asked to switched in with her for the abs machine. When she was ending her set, I asked if she went to the local rich college. I said she looks like the type to go there. Cue laughing.

Made some assumptions and busted her balls a bit for not knowing the club I usually go to. Got her laughing. Laser eye contact the whole time.

Got her name and gave her a slightly longer handshake, as you should. Then I told her we should go out sometime. She replied by asking how old I was, which I ****ed up on. I said I was 22 (actually 19 - I’ve added a few years and it’s got me laid in the past with slightly older women). She was 27. I should’ve been vague or agreed and amplified (“I’m actually 5” or something).

She soft rejected me by saying, “We’ll see each other next time in the gym and see what happens :)”.

I wrote this out to show you that it’s not that bad. It’s kinda fun. I got to rest a few minutes at the gym while teasing a hot girl and making her laugh. I didn’t get spit on or yelled at or anything. It’s so much more human than OLD in my opinion.

Jesse Pinkman

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Out of all the methods, what has impressed me is how cold approach has stood the test of time better than any. Online dating used to be my go to but now, it is bot infested and the ratio on apps like Tinder is worse than the ratio at even the biggest sausagefest nightclubs. Social circle game, I have done and tried but it does not yield you that many opportunities, only a few and is best for an LTR. Plus, you are way too reliant on other people in order for it to even work.

Cold approach from my experience has stood the test of time. The issue is that yes, it is by far the most difficult to learn because you have to change a few things about yourself. You have to learn how to deal with rejection. You have to learn how to clear your head of toxic nonsense and not come off as a weird dude. You have to learn how to read social situations well. When you spend most of your time looking at Black Pill videos and browsing those sorts of sites, this becomes impossible to do.

However, once you do start to master it, it does become an unfair life hack that allows you to meet women you otherwise would not have. That is why most men burn out and even pay for Instagram game or social circle game to protect their egos. Others become opponents of cold approach altogether.

What I can say is that it is by far, for the time being, the method that has stood the test of time but we do not know for how long.

CornbreadFed

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
I wrote this out to show you that it’s not that bad. It’s kinda fun. I got to rest a few minutes at the gym while teasing a hot girl and making her laugh. I didn’t get spit on or yelled at or anything. It’s so much more human than OLD in my opinion.
I most certainly would have lol

SW15

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Good for you for making a status of game types in 2022-2023 thread.

Cold approach daygame.

Approaching strangers in non-bar venues has the highest barriers to entry of any of the forms of game. Few men have the ability to consistently approach women while sober in non-bar venues. Some non-bar approaches are easier than others.

I would add to your point that cold approach daygame is the best option for finding extended relationships for men who don't have social circle options. Additionally, even for men with social circle options, daygame might be a better choice because it is more sustainable over a 5+ year period. A lot of men with social circle options end up marrying the woman introduced via the social circle. This is done in part due to scarcity mentality.

Non-bar approachers don't need to have scarcity mentality. There are always options in approaching in a bigger city.

Cold approach daygame might not work as well in smaller areas.

Cold approach nightgame.

If there is one new thing I have learned in 2023, it is that you can get dates from nightgame! I have been able to do that in 2023 and I never knew that this was possible. Instagrams always lead to more than just numbers from my experience because IG says more. Runner up to daygame has been nightgame assuming the venue is not a super loud nightclub. What I have noticed in Miami is that it is harder to get the SNL here and my lays have come more from nightgame dates as opposed pulling that same night, although I have done that as well.
In the 2018 book "Game", Roosh wrote that it became more difficult in the 2010s as compared to the 2000s to arrange first dates from typical nightlife venue approaching. That had been my experience in comparing the 2010s to the 2000s. When Roosh wrote this, I believe that he was referring to more typical later night Fri/Sat night type efforts

My method for arranging first dates from nightlife venues has been to focus more on the weeknight Happy Hour crowd. The focus is essentially 5-7:30 PM. After 7:30 PM on weeknights, the online first-second date people tend to show up at bars. Some bars are more conducive to these online daters than others.

Weeknights later at night can also be good for arranging first dates but can also work for the same night lay. There are same night lays that can happen from approaches at 10:30 PM on a Tuesday or Wednesday night.

Fri-Sat nights often have attention whorres.

I have avoided super loud clubs for many years.

Your Miami experience intrigues me. I would have thought Miami would have been good for same night lays.

Social circle game.

I do not put it near the top because it really comes down to pure luck in terms of you getting a good one going. Most traditional ways like hobbies do not work and it just comes down to vicinity. My apartment had a bunch of people move in who were in their 20s out of college and we had a social circle going from that. From that, we were able to build a bigger circle and I found a couple of girls DTF. One of my old wings became my good friends and got us into boat parties which led to some opportunities. However, if you want quantity, social circle game sucks. I also find that doing social circle game long enough kind of makes you weaker as a man and more risk averse in general.
Social circle is great for getting a girlfriend. Pay close attention to the words "a girlfriend". That means one girlfriend. If you're looking for an extended relationship (2-5 years or more), your best bet for getting that with the least amount of grief and frustration is social circle. Many men who get social circle girlfriends tend to retain those girlfriends for a long time and often beyond the useful life of the relationship. A lot of the social circle girlfriend guys are beta males and beta males operate from a scarcity mindset. It's common to see a 10 year+ relationship from social circle which does lead to a marriage proposal.

A social circle introduction is a higher percentage play than a swipe app interaction or approaching a stranger (either in a bar or non-bar setting). It's a more difficult path. Social circle is better in the shorter to medium term. You can get a solid, medium term (1-4 years) girlfriend via social circles more easily than through approaches or swiping more easily.

The problem with social circles becomes sustainability over a longer period of time (5+ years). Social circles have a way of getting pissed off at men who continually exchange girlfriends without marriage or babies, even if the relationships are semi-long (1-4 years) Remember that social circles generally have a blue pill viewpoint on romantic relationships. After 2 or so instances of medium term relationships, the social circle will run dry. Social circle is not likely ideal for a serial monogamist who does have extended relationships but doesn't commit or the player type who tends to have relationships of less than 1 year.

For a variety of reasons, a lot of men don't have social circles capable of arranging introductions for them. Earlier in life relocations tend to be a common cause of this. The men I've seen do social circle best are men who stayed in the same area K-12 (they can thank their parents for not relocating them) and then remain in that area where they grew up as adults. If they went to college, they went to a nearby regional college within 3-4 hours driving. @Jesse Pinkman -- I think you knew a lot of people in Nashville and Atlanta who fit the description of the previous few sentences.

Online dating.

Before 2020, I would have put Online Game at number 1. I would get 4 to 5 dates a week from a mix of Tinder, Bumble, and Hinge. Now, I would not even put it in the top 3 because of how much it has changed. You cannot restart your profile anymore for an ELO boost as that gets you a ban. Getting around a shadowban is tough as it practically requires a new phone and a new number which I do not want to waste my time with. A lot of apps are loaded with OF accounts and fake profiles. What I get with Tinder is a lot of profiles thousands of miles away, seems like tons of foreign women passporting into US cities.
The fact that you had some success with swipe apps in the 2010s is an impressive achievement. I had issues with swipe apps in the 2010s and dating websites in the 2000s/early 2010s when I tried those. I decided to focus solely on in-person date arranging methods.

Out of all the methods, what has impressed me is how cold approach has stood the test of time better than any. Online dating used to be my go to but now, it is bot infested and the ratio on apps like Tinder is worse than the ratio at even the biggest sausagefest nightclubs. Social circle game, I have done and tried but it does not yield you that many opportunities, only a few and is best for an LTR. Plus, you are way too reliant on other people in order for it to even work.

Cold approach from my experience has stood the test of time. The issue is that yes, it is by far the most difficult to learn because you have to change a few things about yourself. You have to learn how to deal with rejection. You have to learn how to clear your head of toxic nonsense and not come off as a weird dude. You have to learn how to read social situations well. When you spend most of your time looking at Black Pill videos and browsing those sorts of sites, this becomes impossible to do.

However, once you do start to master it, it does become an unfair life hack that allows you to meet women you otherwise would not have. That is why most men burn out and even pay for Instagram game or social circle game to protect their egos. Others become opponents of cold approach altogether.
There's a reason this is true. We are meant to meet each other in the real world. We are not meant to use tech-based methods to arrange dates.

Nightlife venues have had a reputation of being sausagefests. The swipe apps have become even worse sausagefests.

The analysis in this quote is superb.