Hello Friend,

If this is your first visit to SoSuave, I would advise you to START HERE.

It will be the most efficient use of your time.

And you will learn everything you need to know to become a huge success with women.

Thank you for visiting and have a great day!

15 Traits

CHICAGO27

Don Juan
Reaction score
Here are 15 traits I feel a man needs in order to be considered a "complete man". All the dating tips, tricks and strategies will be utterly useless if a man has not developed these traits.

1. Career: A complete man needs to have a career to secure financial wealth and security.
2. Independence: A complete man needs to be truly independent in mind, body and soul. He must not be outcome dependent.
3. Style: A style, whatever it may be, shows that a man has an individual identity.
4. Moral Convictions: A complete man who has moral convictions is a man who chooses to do the "right thing" even when the result may not always be popular or beneficial.
5. Friends: A complete man has friends. A loner will not get very far in this world.
6. Hobbies/Interests: A complete man has hobbies and interests. These elements are where his true focus lies.
7. Social Skills: A complete man knows how to communicate.
8. Knowledge: A complete man is always looking to expand his mind and grow his knowledge.
9. Patience/Control: A complete man knows how to control his fist as well as to use it when necessary.
10. Confidence: A complete man knows that life is full of ups and downs, successes and failures but always focuses on the final goal and not the present situation.
11. Goals: A complete man has a blueprint for his life. Plotting the development of his kingdom. He is always moving forward!
12. Backbone: A complete man is not afraid to say No!
13. Humility: A complete man knows that defeat is often the best teacher. Embraces it, bows his head, and aims to do better.
14. Humor: A complete man can laugh at his own folly and make humor out of the realities of life.
15. Sexuality: A complete man embraces his sexuality and is not afraid to use it.

Fellas, these 15 traits stand out and yes, I'm still working on improving these elements in my being.

JoeMarron

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
These are all excellent traits for a man to have but I don't think career, style, moral convictions, friends, goals, or humility is necessary to get laid or even land a quality chick. Women react to a masculine man who knows how to give her the emotions she craves

PlayHer Man

Banned
Reaction score
Agree. :up: :up:

I would add "wisdom" to the list. It falls under "knowledge" but it goes beyond that. Knowledge is knowing a Tomato is a fruit. Wisdom is knowing not to use it in a fruit smoothie.

DragonBlood

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
This is similar to a list I came across actually

http://www.lovepanky.com/men/dating-women-tips-for-men/what-do-girls-like-in-guys

2. Independence: A complete man needs to be truly independent in mind, body and soul. He must not be outcome dependent.
CHICA this sounds more like indifference to me.

The only thing that surprised me in lovepankies list is no mention of sexuality as a desirable trait and instead added sensitivity/support?

Fifteen qualities that girls like in guys (according to lovepanky)

1. Confidence

2. Sense of humor

3. Intelligence

4. Support

5. Sensitivity

6. Self-worth

7. Focused goals

8. Great imagination

9. Independent streak

10. Passionate and desirous

11. Bravery and courage

12. Compassion

13. Decisiveness

14. Dignity and self respect

15. Sense of integrity

Fifteen qualities that girls don’t like in guys Best descriptions of an AFC Ive seen to far.

1. Lack of self-esteem

2. Laziness

3. Lack of humor

4. Lack of confidence

5. Lack of goals

6. Lack of understanding

7. Negativity

8. Self-centered behavior

9. Extreme jealousy

10. Insecurity

11. Smothering dependence

12. Self pity

13. Lack of trust

14. No ambition

15. Lack of tenderness

happyDJ

Don Juan
Reaction score
DragonBlood said:
Fifteen qualities that girls don’t like in guys Best descriptions of an AFC Ive seen to far.

1. Lack of self-esteem
2. Laziness
3. Lack of humor
4. Lack of confidence
5. Lack of goals
6. Lack of understanding
7. Negativity
8. Self-centered behavior
9. Extreme jealousy
10. Insecurity
11. Smothering dependence
12. Self pity
13. Lack of trust
14. No ambition
15. Lack of tenderness
Great list, this works almost better than reading a list of positive things.

This thread reminded me of a book I didn't read: "mind in the making" by galinsky

According to the author there are 7 essential life skills (and I agree):

1 Focus and Self Control
2 Perspective Taking
3 Communicating
4 Making Connections
5 Critical Thinking
6 Taking on Challenges
7 Self-Directed, Engaged Learning

Drumbum2000

Don Juan
Reaction score
CHICAGO27 said:
Here are 15 traits I feel a man needs in order to be considered a "complete man". All the dating tips, tricks and strategies will be utterly useless if a man has not developed these traits.

1. Career: A complete man needs to have a career to secure financial wealth and security.
3. Style: A style, whatever it may be, shows that a man has an individual identity.
4. Moral Convictions: A complete man who has moral convictions is a man who chooses to do the "right thing" even when the result may not always be popular or beneficial.
5. Friends: A complete man has friends. A loner will not get very far in this world.
6. Hobbies/Interests: A complete man has hobbies and interests. These elements are where his true focus lies.
7. Social Skills: A complete man knows how to communicate.
8. Knowledge: A complete man is always looking to expand his mind and grow his knowledge.
9. Patience/Control: A complete man knows how to control his fist as well as to use it when necessary.
10. Confidence: A complete man knows that life is full of ups and downs, successes and failures but always focuses on the final goal and not the present situation.
11. Goals: A complete man has a blueprint for his life. Plotting the development of his kingdom. He is always moving forward!
12. Backbone: A complete man is not afraid to say No!
13. Humility: A complete man knows that defeat is often the best teacher. Embraces it, bows his head, and aims to do better.
14. Humor: A complete man can laugh at his own folly and make humor out of the realities of life.
15. Sexuality: A complete man embraces his sexuality and is not afraid to use it.

Fellas, these 15 traits stand out and yes, I'm still working on improving these elements in my being.
A good hobby can be like opening a mechanics shop right?