Hello Friend,

If this is your first visit to SoSuave, I would advise you to START HERE.

It will be the most efficient use of your time.

And you will learn everything you need to know to become a huge success with women.

Thank you for visiting and have a great day!

14 Traits of the Alpha Male

TooColdUlrick

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
It has very little to do with the physical being. Alpha is much more than "picking up chicks". It's about "picking up people". Or, "picking up clients".

It is about your ability to draw others to you. Master these, and you are Alpha. You can't NOT be successful.

01. Projection--The ability to project an image about yourself. (e.g. smart or whatever else you wish, generally and specifically)

02. Appearance--The ability to Appear to belong to a certain socioeconomic class (e.g. the ability to "fit in").

03. Forwardness--The ability to initiate conversations.

04. Conversation--The ability to maintain prolonged speech with an individual or group.

05. Body language--The ability to physically signal emotions, in a socially acceptable way.

06. Flirting--The ability to use body language and conversation to signal romantic interest.

07. Closing--The ability to end the conversation, with some objective in mind.

08. Rapport--The ability to keep a conversation interesting.

09. Listening--The ability to ingest information or data provided by someone else, in an aural format.

10. Understanding Body Language--The ability to understand physical signals sent by others, signaling their emotional state.

11. Persuasion--The ability to influence the thinking of another.

12. Deception--The ability to lie--know how to lie, when to lie, and whom to lie to.

13. Perception--The ability to understand the real intent of communication by another.

14. Suggestion--The ability to start a new, unrelated mode of thinking in another.

Any other suggestions?

Tootles...

Reaction score
Now take all of those traits and throw them out if they do not apply to the following scenerio:

It's the year 2400 BC. Your the head of a small group of families who are depending on you for leadership. You just killed off the last alpha male in the group to contend to the throne. But there is a beta male who is making challenging body language at you;

What do you do....what do you do...

Of course I am talking about real apha's not this new society version of this nice guy who runs around doing good deeds and is loved by all.

I'm talking about the type who's reflexes are a bit faster than norm as well as his hearing and sense of smell is amped up....his cunning is way above the slower beta's...

that is a real alpha male.

DJBen

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
The Alpha has balls that you cant pretend to have. Everyone has them, not all are in touch with them. You can search yourself and find them because you want to improve yourself, or you can read up on the latest way to make yourself more 'Alpha'

Player:

Nice way of giving an example a long time ago - I've been looking into the male mindset 2000+ years ago and the male mindset now.. It's amazingly interesting to think about all the things that turned a great successful warrior into all these AFC's. You done any research into it yourself?

Interpol

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Originally posted by Player_Supreme
Now take all of those traits and throw them out if they do not apply to the following scenerio:

It's the year 2400 BC. Your the head of a small group of families who are depending on you for leadership. You just killed off the last alpha male in the group to contend to the throne. But there is a beta male who is making challenging body language at you;

Of course I am talking about real apha's not this new society version of this nice guy who runs around doing good deeds and is loved by all.

I'm talking about the type who's reflexes are a bit faster than norm as well as his hearing and sense of smell is amped up....his cunning is way above the slower beta's...

Good thing I'm not going back to 2400 B.C. anytime soon.

Cavemen also didn't drive cars, use the internet, have organized government, read, write, use standardized currency or language, or build housing structures, etc etc etc ad nauseum. Real alpha males didn't need any of that crap, so I guess we don't either.

Please. I admire your interest in the advent of human civilization, but this doesn't relate to modern life nearly as much as you or some others might believe. I find the original post to be much more insightful.

rgeere

Master Don Juan
Reaction score

11. Persuasion--The ability to influence the thinking of another.

12. Deception--The ability to lie--know how to lie, when to lie, and whom to lie to.

13. Perception--The ability to understand the real intent of communication by another.

14. Suggestion--The ability to start a new, unrelated mode of thinking in another.

By the far the most dangerous of these traits are the last ones. For a lack of control on your part can cause you to behave very childishly and are actually have a counter-productive effect that will backfire on you real quick.

Reaction score
Originally posted by DJBen
The Alpha has balls that you cant pretend to have. Everyone has them, not all are in touch with them. You can search yourself and find them because you want to improve yourself, or you can read up on the latest way to make yourself more 'Alpha'

Player:

Nice way of giving an example a long time ago - I've been looking into the male mindset 2000+ years ago and the male mindset now.. It's amazingly interesting to think about all the things that turned a great successful warrior into all these AFC's. You done any research into it yourself?
A little bit. About 12 years ago I read a report by a Doctor Thom, I believe his name was. He stated that many people who suffer from ADD are actually suffering from a survival gene left over from primitive times.

He related that during primitive times people had to be Hyper Alert (look out for predators) at all times and had to have the ability to focus in on one object (game) in order to survive.

The company GeneKeys in the UK. Stated called primitive gene people Manifestors. And the manifestors were beaten by the Agri-culture people (Generators) about 500 years ago.

So the alpha male type of society no longer has a place in modern day world but the gene isn't dead. The nerds on this site hate it when I point out that a great many prisoners in jails and prisons possess this gene.

So lets just go with the fallacy that the modern version is the true one. He is a nice guy who drives a nice car and attracts chicks and millionares who want to give him lots of money. Especially after the Easter Bunny has left his home.

TooColdUlrick

Master Don Juan
Reaction score

it's the year 2400 BC and you are the leader of a GREAT NATION. you suspect that someone is organizing a coup against all that you've built. you know you need allies to thwart off this threat and dispose of the resistance properly, while sending a message to all others I WILL NOT TOLERATE THIS FROM ANYONE ELSE. you decide that a certain number of people must be killed to get the point across. that is the most efficient and effective way.

i summon the leader of the small group of families that you speak of. he brings ME the customary ransom that he pays ME for HIS groups ultimate protection. little does he know, that it is HIS group that will have to be sacrificed. the slaughter ensures. but it must be done.

this is the real alpha male, at least as far as the human race is concerned. how many of your alpha males become CEO's, Nation Builders, Great Leaders, Diplomats?

Interpol

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
The nerds on this site hate it when I point out that a great many prisoners in jails and prisons possess this gene.[/B]
Actually, that sounds about right to me - but then again, I'm not aspiring to be a criminal (and neither is anyone on this site, that I know of) so I don't see why that is a desirable quality.

So lets just go with the fallacy that the modern version is the true one. He is a nice guy who drives a nice car and attracts chicks and millionares who want to give him lots of money. Especially after the Easter Bunny has left his home.
I don't see how this is relevant to anything. No one (in this thread anyways) ever claimed that an "alpha male" does any of those things. I fail to see how the trait of "deception" in particular has anything to do with the "nice guy" persona.

Reaction score
Originally posted by Interpol
Good thing I'm not going back to 2400 B.C. anytime soon.

Cavemen also didn't drive cars, use the internet, have organized government, read, write, use standardized currency or language, or build housing structures, etc etc etc ad nauseum. Real alpha males didn't need any of that crap, so I guess we don't either.

Please. I admire your interest in the advent of human civilization, but this doesn't relate to modern life nearly as much as you or some others might believe. I find the original post to be much more insightful.
Take a REAL alpha male out of the past and put him in todays society. He wouldn't be the picture of perfection. So what if you train him to drive a car or use money...step into his shoes and feel how he would feel....

All these fawking rules...keeping you in chains...why can't you break that *******s neck for insulting you...cause that was your way.... Why have to do this ....why have to do that....

Then look into your modern day prisons! Never mind the return comment about how you can't with prisoners.

Cause it's already been proven that they do have the extra chromosone or gene which makes them anti social.

But your right we should use the modern day version. The grain societies version. Cause the original versions were killed off.

Now that is a better model. A nice looking blond guy in a suit. Loved by his boss and peers. Tons of women by his side...always smiling and lauging...until he has to put on his jolly red suit once a year and ride in his sleigh pulled by those raindeer...

The original alpha gene still lives on.

Reaction score
Originally posted by Interpol
Actually, that sounds about right to me - but then again, I'm not aspiring to be a criminal (and neither is anyone on this site, that I know of) so I don't see why that is a desirable quality.

I don't see how this is relevant to anything. No one (in this thread anyways) ever claimed that an "alpha male" does any of those things. I fail to see how the trait of "deception" in particular has anything to do with the "nice guy" persona.

LOL! At the last paragrah. No they haven't yet. But they will. The guys on this site believe the version that I was making fun of. Why? Cause they need to believe it, so that they can aspire to this vision.

Not realizing that you just can't put on a suit and become an instant alpha male. You either have the gene or you don't. You can't fake it. Running around acting tough will only get you a tough ass whoopin by real alphas.

And real alpha's have a slightly what is called by todays society "criminal mind". In other words we will not hesitate to break rules if we can get away with it...Ask Gunwitch about how far he will go to get what he wants.

So of course the majority of the people on this board will be rule followers.

I think I already talked about this concept in a post of my own about a year ago. "how to tell if your really alpha or not"

Too bad the gumps started hating and turned it into a flame war.

TooColdUlrick

Master Don Juan
Reaction score

Now that is a better model. A nice looking blond guy in a suit. Loved by his boss and peers. Tons of women by his side...always smiling and lauging...until he has to put on his jolly red suit once a year and ride in his sleigh pulled by those raindeer...

The original alpha gene still lives on.
no way Player, you see the blonde guy's BOSS IS THE ALPHA MALE. (or at least more alpha). yes blonde guy is a chump, making alpha male rich! blonde guy tops out at 80k. alpha male doesn't. alpha male becomes CEO because he is driven, ambitious and politically astute.

Interpol

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
LOL! At the last paragrah. No they haven't yet. But they will. The guys on this site believe the version that I was making fun of. Why? Cause they need to believe it, so that they can aspire to this vision.

Not realizing that you just can't put on a suit and become an instant alpha male.
I'm not arguing with you here, but you're getting too caught up in trash-talking the metrosexual aesthetic. An alpha male in a Gucci suit is no different than an alpha male in a tank top.

An alpha male is defined by his actions, not his appearence.

Interpol

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Originally posted by TooColdUlrick
no way Player, you see the blonde guy's BOSS IS THE ALPHA MALE. (or at least more alpha). yes blonde guy is a chump, making alpha male rich! blonde guy tops out at 80k. alpha male doesn't. alpha male becomes CEO because he is driven, ambitious and politically astute.
On a similar note - I'm sure some would be quick to point out some professional athlete as an example of an alpha male. Physically capable, wealthy, high status, etc.

But to paraphrase Chris Rock: "Shaq is rich. The guy who signs his checks is wealthy."

A major distinction. The guys waaaaaaay at the top of the socioeconomic ladder didn't do it through brute force.

Jvesti

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Bottom line here, what is this discussion going to accomplish in the orientation toward goals? Besides discussing things that will only help someone fake something.

Being a leader/alpha comes from an internal state not an external. Stop trying to think of body language, how you respond to things, etc as a hundred different intellectual skill sets. It comes from a core feel. If it was an intellectual skill set all the smarty smart nerds would be alpha instead of timid wimps. Just like that funny ass dude who we saw a video of about a month ago trying to fake it.

Waste your time yakking up this thread and mulling this intellectual mechanical stuff over all day, guys. While the real alpha's, the dudes banging the hot *****es are just "acting" on naturally what they want instead or reading intellectual clutter. I am almost certain "intellectualism" in a sense is a comfort zone for a lot of people, it is just words in a book or on a screen their is zero risk involved and it is safe. The objective for you all no matter how difficult this is, is to brake free from running to intellectualism to solve your problems with getting laid.

*On a side note "intellectuals" generally have low testosterone. (Farmers have the lowest testosterone levels just in case you were wondering). Criminals, Leaders, Rock Stars, successful entrepreneurs, Actors tend to have the highest. This is to say the college professor, or the people who sit around and discuss. It is just enough testosterone to allow the male to be curious about discussing things but high test males are the ones acting. You'll see this is fairly masculine females as well the lean to be intellectual. This is not to confuse the Christopher Columbus type intellectual. That has a belief that the world is round and is action oriented to explore and act.

It is amazing how many dudes ask me, "How do i get her number" "How do I ask her out" and go out seeking some complex manner in to solving their problems that they have to sit on their ass and soak up for days on end before trying if they even do before they start reading about how to do something else that should be natural in a complex way.

Now back to my answer:

How do I ask her out? How do i get her number? You just GO for it. It's amazing how easily they could ask one of their buddies for their number or ask their buddy to hang out but they can't seem to figure out that making plans or getting a number is a matter of being able to speak the freakin english language. It's amazing how much success you'd get if you just acted. It's the core not the words. I don't believe I need to put a sentence together to tell you how to get a number or bring someone out into your reality this isn't english 101.

Stop thinking, get in touch with your testosterone and act on it and all of this stuff will come natural.

Last edited:

God_of_getting_layed

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Actually, player_supreme's idea of the alpha male is accurate. And the modern civilized leader is the wrong idea of alpha male.

THe whole concept of the alpha male that this board preaches as a key to getting women is that women are innately attracted to the alphamale (women are genetically programmed to like "alpha males").

So if that is the theory, that women are genetically programmed to like alphamales, then that would mean that all women carry a common set of genes. THe theory also says that these genes have to be primitive since the attraction to the alphamale is a primal insitinct that all women have.

So if it is in the genes, and it is a common set of genes that all women thave, then the alphamale couldnt possibly be a modern civilized leader. Human civilization didnt arise until recently, the alphamale genes in women supposedly were already in the human genome, so then how could women evolve genes that would attract them to traits only found in civilized leaders if the genes evolved before any civilization occured, natural selection for such genes could only kick in once human civilization arose. And human civilization still hasnt been around long enough for any kind of real, globally effecting natural selection to take place in the human genome.

However, there theoratically has been enough time for women to evlolve genes that attract them to tough, mean, aggressive males, especially since natural selection would have selected such genes in women since they were "evolutionary advantageous". Occording to the theory, women's offspring were more likely to survive if they had a more aggressive and mean father, since he could do a better job at protecting offspring and dominating territory for food, and kill other humans, and take their food etc. So occording to the evolutionary psychology theory, natural selection selected those genes for women that would give them a "sexual taste" for aggressive and dominant men. And occording to the alphamale theory, theyre still in the human genome today, and so women today should still be attracted to a mean aggressive *******, not some rich, diplomatic leader who most likely would not possess such aggressive traits.

Though, personally, I dont like evolutionary psychology. They're all just hypothesis that try to explain human behavioral traits that apparently have a strong genetic basis. THey have some good hypothesis, but We can never know if their really true since the brains of our ancestors didnt fossilize. And just because the explanation is good, doesnt mean its true, the truth could actually be an explanation no human has been smart enough to think up yet.

But, Id just like to point out, occording to the alpha male theory, player supreme has the right idea.

Last edited:

diplomatic_lies

Master Don Juan
Reaction score

If you hate the 21st century so much, maybe you should get out of the middle class American "ghetto" and try surviving life in Sierra Leone. Maybe a quick dose of a drunken bounty hunter letting forty bullets into your stomach because he wanted to steal your clothes will drive you into reality.

Do you even know real poverty? Ever seen a 10-year-old prostitute slit her client's throat with a razor, cut him up, and sell his body parts on the black market? Or "alpha males" take little kids, break their legs, and put them on the street to beg coins from tourists for them?

Dude....stop trying to think you're alpha because you break a few rules in wealthy America. Half the "alpha males" you admire living in dire poverty would gladly change positions with you.

A real alpha male suceeds in MODERN society. Not ancient Egyptian society, not prehistoric society, but MODERN society. Richard Branson is much more the alpha male than Hannibal Lector.

squirrels

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
A universe...where heartbreak and sadness have bee
The alpha male of 2400BC is different from the alpha male of modern-day America. The basic principles remain the same, there is still a dominant male with all the right skills, the balls to use them, and the brains to know where to use them. What the skillset is for the time varies. The basic instincts do not.

"Alpha male" is such an ambiguous term we should stop using it on here.

That and "AFC". AFC used to mean someone who was frustrated at his failed attempts to get women. Now it's been bastardized to pretty much mean, "anyone who isn't registered at SoSuave or ASF".

TooColdUlrick

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Originally posted by diplomatic_lies
Dude....stop trying to think you're alpha because you break a few rules in wealthy America. Half the "alpha males" you admire living in dire poverty would gladly change positions with you.

A real alpha male suceeds in MODERN society. Not ancient Egyptian society, not prehistoric society, but MODERN society. Richard Branson is much more the alpha male than Hannibal Lector.
evolutionary pop psychology notwithstanding, nor can you draw a distinction between alpha male in a pack of wolves with 'alpha' male of MAN, but unfortunately people do. in animals it IS gene based. in humans, it is learned behavior for the most part. if not, then SS is a waste of time.

indeed, i should have used "14 traits of a successful man", but i was thinking alpha male in the head, obviously. there's really nothing physical in my points. those are the traits that are common for those that rise above the 'betas', in life and with women, indifferent of how they look (to a point).

Kineti[C]harm

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Zzz nomatter how much we have evolved PRIMAL INATE REACTIONS stay pretty much the same.....

Alphaimage has been SLIGHTLY redefined but it's still the PRIMAL abilities and sides of the alphamale that is attractive....

Mainly DOMINANCE and power which again can be broken up into confidence, good looks (genetical dominance) etc etc.