Hello Friend,

If this is your first visit to SoSuave, I would advise you to START HERE.

It will be the most efficient use of your time.

And you will learn everything you need to know to become a huge success with women.

Thank you for visiting and have a great day!

12-year old kid with Aspergers smarter than Einstein

search1ng

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Just read the article, wow.
Sometimes I wish we could just take a pill like the one from the movie limitless and be able to really release our minds.

Am very jealous! Photographic memory would be very handy

Rogue

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
title: 12-year old kid with Aspergers smarter than Einstein
The kid is not "smarter" than Einstein.

IQ scores are like money: it only makes a real difference if you're poor. Science has found that after 130, IQ scores are no longer predictive of productive success. There is no real difference in talents between someone of an IQ of 130 and 200, but what does make the difference is persistence and resiliency towards the labors of hard work. Jimmy Carter has an even higher IQ score than this kid, but I wouldn't place significance on Carter as smarter than Einstein. IQ tests are excellent for measuring whether if someone has the neurological capacity to lead a normally functioning life, but only as a modest measure of intelligence.

The kid is brilliant genius. He's Doogie Howser, Jr. He has a brilliant future ahead of him. But don't pay too much attention to his IQ score.
PuertoRicanGuitars:
This boy doesn't sound autistic.
That is because he is a savant. Most savants are "idiot savants" but a very small handful of autistic individuals are autistic savants. One example of the autistic savant is Daniel Tammet, who memorized the number pi to the first 22,514 decimal points and learned to speak an entire foreign language (with native fluency) in a week.

synergy1

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
this kid wants to take a run at the big bang, and since the theory is unproven as of yet, I see this as a good platform to advance our theory our understanding of quantum theory. I think this kid has better tools mathematically than einstien ( who's strength was not mathematics), but einstien had a unique way to looking at the universe.

Einstein had a few strokes of luck when it came to proving special relativity. Evidently, he needed some sort of emperical proof of space/time bending, and was going to use an eclipse to do so. However finding a perfect eclipse in his days was difficult and he had to abandon his plans several times and almost didn't get it. In a sense, getting to the guts of this theory requires a few strokes of luck. If this kid is going to disprove modern physics, and the big bang ( which will require disproving the unification of the strong/weak forces) - it'll be a pretty amazing thing.

Upside

Senior Don Juan
Reaction score
This kid and others like him are what make me feel like a full-fledged retard. I know a lot of it has to deal more with genetics than anything that his brain has the capacity to be capable of genius work, but this kid would probably treat my advanced economics classes like pre-school addition/subtraction. I'll be living the majority of my life trying to make a decent living and a decent life, but the sky is truely the limit for this kid. I am beyond jealous.

f283000

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
search1ng said:
Just read the article, wow.
Sometimes I wish we could just take a pill like the one from the movie limitless and be able to really release our minds.

Am very jealous! Photographic memory would be very handy
I'm sure we could but you think the powers that be will ever allow that? it's kinda like a cure for cancer. Cancer is big business so don't ever expect a cure but rather expect more and more medicine to where it's manageable and they can still make money off you.

If we could all just release our minds schools would be irrelevant.

Reaction score
Rogue said:
That is because he is a savant. Most savants are "idiot savants" but a very small handful of autistic individuals are autistic savants. One example of the autistic savant is Daniel Tammet, who memorized the number pi to the first 22,514 decimal points and learned to speak an entire foreign language (with native fluency) in a week.
I just don't see the autism. I mean, he talks and answers to Glenn just fine. He stopped talking altogether when he was a baby but clearly can talk again. Then again I don't really understand Asperger's since I have heard far too many different descriptions on what it really is. I think this boy's brain is working at a very accelerated level. Gifted but quirky fits him better.

Alle_Gory

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
IQ tests don't mean much. The kid will be as smart as Einstein when we see comparable work. Right now he hasn't done squat.

Black Dog

Senior Don Juan
Reaction score
Rogue said:
Something about his mannerism and speaking style, to me, would suggest that he'd have some form of Autism. I can't really place it but it's just the vibe I got from the video. I admired his confidence though, but he probably gets redundant questions all the time

The whole "smarter than Einstein" schlock seemed like an empty title with no weight. Check the comments; most people didn't know wtf he was talking about anyway

It WAS pretty cool how he wrote on windows though; anyone seen A Beautiful Mind? :yes:
f283000 said:
I'm sure we could but you think the powers that be will ever allow that? it's kinda like a cure for cancer. Cancer is big business so don't ever expect a cure but rather expect more and more medicine to where it's manageable and they can still make money off you.

That is very pessimestic thinking f283

Rogue

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
PuertoRicanGuitars:
I just don't see the autism. I mean, he talks and answers to Glenn just fine. He stopped talking altogether when he was a baby but clearly can talk again.
He certainly talked animatedly, but having a speech impediment is not within the diagnosis. There is a delay in speech, early in childhood, but then speech develops, especially with speech therapy.
Black Dog:
It WAS pretty cool how he wrote on windows though; anyone seen A Beautiful Mind?
I totally agree, and yes.

TheHumanist

Senior Don Juan
Reaction score
f283000 said:

Off topic, but I feel that I have to chime on this that there's more forces at work to why we haven't cured cancer yet. Some media and started to noticed this with a big article noticing how the rate of finding new drugs have tricked while the rate of discoveries of proteins that can be inhibited or causes cancer have exploded. We other words, in the past 30 years, we learned a ****-ton of how it is caused, but developed almost nothing in prevention or cures. A big reason that is not some conspiracy is how our incentives have developed. Finding causes is much less risky than finding cures.

For the private sector, the result is obvious that they aren't too jumpy on putting money on an all-or-nothing medicine that will either cure or fail (and, of course, the question if they really want to find a cure).

Then there's academia, which have it own perverse incentive issues. When a young researcher who dreams of becoming a tenured professor, the usually path is having a lot of publications, which is done by doing a lot of research with some kind of meaningful results. Also people in charge of funding are incredibly risk averse and highly prefer to take experiments where there's a high chance of useful results. So what type of experiment is most likely to get funded? An incremental experiment that won't find a cure but have a good of finding another interesting protein? Or some research where there's a high chance of failure, but it's success means pay dirt?

So add that academia have been hiring private sector to gain their "efficiency." Even people getting tenure are still pushing to do safer experiments that is likely to get funding. Some government funding cuts... And you get what you have today, a field where we still use the same drugs we discovered in the 70's for chemo.

This is not to say we're completely screwed, but there's a hard road ahead in using our knowledge to find cures.

search1ng

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
The whole curing cancer thing does have some fact to it though,

I've got a friend that is a Dr. who has specialized in Oncology and stuff - she works in the private sector and she tells me a lot of her patients are wealthy individuals who are able to actually pay for the very expensive drugs and procedures that normal people just don't have the ability to pay for.

search1ng

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Maxtro said:
It's either a defect or a mutation.

There is no way the kid is normal.
I think our perception or use of the word defect needs to be corrected. Probably more of a mutation, but the good kind. It's certainly not a defect if he is able to teach what he knows as well.

Rollo Tomassi

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Sure he's smart, but Aspies can't get laid.

:yes: