Hello Friend,

If this is your first visit to SoSuave, I would advise you to START HERE.

It will be the most efficient use of your time.

And you will learn everything you need to know to become a huge success with women.

Thank you for visiting and have a great day!

05 Mustang vs 03 Cobra

KillingTime

Senior Don Juan
Reaction score
i have an 02 Mustang GT right now, I want to get something else a few months down the line.
Basically down to an 05 GT coupe or an 03/04 Cobra vert. (a Nissan 350z is also a possibility, but im so used to v8's)

The 03/04's are just way better looking than the current Mustangs IMO, esp the Cobras.... plus it would be a vert and have an extra 90 horses and a 6th gear. BUT the 05 Mustangs have all the new junk in them and I hate to use the word "refined" when talking about a Ford but they are a lot more refined, better seats, nicer interior etc.

What should I go with? I don't ever race or go to the track, just looking for a badass cruiser. The 05 looks like crap to me but with a few mods i could get it looking pretty sick.

sfalexi

Senior Don Juan
Reaction score
Considering that you seem to be going for V8, rear wheel drive power, I think you should invest some time into thinking about the old school muscle cars. Classic, even. 60s, 70s, 80s camaros, mustangs, monte carlos, gtos, grand nationals, etc. etc.

You could pay the same price as you would any of the cars you've mentioned so far and get very comparable, if not BETTER power out of them, and also have them in tip-top shape. Not to mention, to myself, and many others, there's just an extra sense of sophistication that seems to eminate from someone who steps out of a care with a giant firebird decal on the hood instead of someone who looks like they just went down to the lot and bought whatever they thought was the coolest and quickest available.

Alexi

Mr. Delicious

Senior Don Juan
Reaction score
I would definately go with the 03/04 Cobra. Its VERY easy to mod and make tons of power for little money. The 05 GT's definately look better but they are a big disappointment in power. I saw one at my track run a 15.00 in the 1/4 haha. If it was me I would go with the Cobra no questions asked. Actually take that back. If it was me I would wait for the 07 Cobras to come out with the Ford GT engine already in them. Those are going to be badass.

Vincent

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
The 350z has more power then your 02 mustang.

They are also a lot sexier then cobras. If you get a track edition 350z it's 0-60 is only .2 seconds slower (according to road and track) or the same speed (motortrend).

You'll get a lot more attention in a 350z also.

Vincent

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Originally posted by sfalexi
Considering that you seem to be going for V8, rear wheel drive power, I think you should invest some time into thinking about the old school muscle cars. Classic, even. 60s, 70s, 80s camaros, mustangs, monte carlos, gtos, grand nationals, etc. etc.
Do you actually have a classic car? Do you know how much work it requires building a car + maintence.

True a muscle car lets you flex your cool muscle, but they're a huge pain in the ass.

sfalexi

Senior Don Juan
Reaction score
Originally posted by Vincent
Do you actually have a classic car? Do you know how much work it requires building a car + maintence.

True a muscle car lets you flex your cool muscle, but they're a huge pain in the ass.
No, I don't have one yet. I do plan on getting a 1984 - 88 monte carlo SS. Sure it's maintenance. But so is any other car. Besides, in my eyes, the extra maintenance required with a classic car is worth it.

Yes I do know it's a pain in the ass, but in my case, I plan on having a secondary "daily driver" and the classic car will be my sunday driver/show car. Or when I just feel like cruisin' in style.

I still say he should consider this. Mustangs are far too common on the road. I would prefer to stick out and have a car that's memorable.

Alexi

TheRelic

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Forgive me for being nosey.

But in so many threads here, I see young dudes with their own houses and ridiculously expensive cars.

Is it too much for me to ask where you guys work?

diplomatic_lie

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
With the price of Melbourne property, you'll be waiting a few years before joining them ;)

Vincent

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Originally posted by TheRelic
Forgive me for being nosey.

But in so many threads here, I see young dudes with their own houses and ridiculously expensive cars.

Is it too much for me to ask where you guys work?
Who said he was young?

familyguyfan

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Originally posted by squirrels
Go with the Cobra.

Don't encourage Ford's retarded-ass retro design team by buying the new atrocity.
Are you kidding? The new Mustangs look much better than the previous body style. This is the first time they've looked truly good since the 70s IMO.

But, I agree with Vincent on the 350Z.

And if you're accepting suggestions for other cars, I agree on the BMW M3.

Mr. Delicious

Senior Don Juan
Reaction score
Originally posted by squirrels
Go with the Cobra.

Don't encourage Ford's retarded-ass retro design team by buying the new atrocity.
Hey squirrels, are you still on the f-body boards?

Road Demon

Senior Don Juan
Reaction score
No 2005 Mustang ...

03' Cobra, easy to make sick hp cheap...Good for going Quick straight. Highway Hunter for sure.

A bit more well rounded vehicle... 2005 WRX STi or Evolution MR.

TheRelic

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Originally posted by Vincent
Who said he was young?
Nobody.

@Diplomatic - No ****! Its painful watching them rise at the moment.

FinchP

Reaction score
Originally posted by Derek Flint
Get a used C5 (5th Gen Corvette)
Agreed...02+ Z06 if possible. I have an '03 in Electron Blue...gets a bunch of attention. Now the wait is on for the '06 :cool: