Hello Friend,

If this is your first visit to SoSuave, I would advise you to START HERE.

It will be the most efficient use of your time.

And you will learn everything you need to know to become a huge success with women.

Thank you for visiting and have a great day!

“Pinging” Needy or Display of Dominance?

SargeMaximus

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
So lately I’ve noticed my brother (and lots of people) do this a lot. They will say something and you are supposed to respond. Like an inside joke or gesture. My brother does this every time he enters the room (which is lots since he goes out to smoke or use the bathroom and when he comes back he makes a noise or inside joke) It seems needy to me where I’m getting less and less wanting to respond. But then when I realize I feel like not responding is anti-social, I suddenly thought “damn, maybe it’s a dominance thing where the one responding is submissive” anyone know what I’m talking about or have any insight? Thanks

shwami_salami

Don Juan
Reaction score
Totally get what u mean man.Its exhausting cos its impolite not to reply to them but at the same time I feel like Im just catering to their needs. submissive in a sense. I get this with a lot of my relatives so ur not alone.

SargeMaximus

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Totally get what u mean man.Its exhausting cos its impolite not to reply to them but at the same time I feel like Im just catering to their needs. submissive in a sense. I get this with a lot of my relatives so ur not alone.
Yeah exactly. If it is a dominance thing, how can I negate it without trying to dom them? I don’t want to dom just to be neutral. Neutral is the way for me

Stanley

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
I don't see the 'need' here. Just sounds like a way to start a conversation and break the silence. If you're concerned about whether to respond or not (or fearful of being considered anti-social) that seems like some internal concern on your end. Sounds like nothing, could it be something? Maybe, But who cares.

Divorced w 3

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Tell him he keeps making the same retarded noise when he walks in the room and ask if it’s turrets

Murk

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Tf am I reading?

Just ignore or tell him to shut up, if you’re compelled to respond to someone against your will, to please them, of course it’s submissive and beta. You’re meant to do what you want, not engage in childish low IQ nonsense because someone might think you’re antisocial. If someone annoys me I tell them, if I don’t want to do something I don’t do it. Try acting like a man.

ThisIsSparta

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
So lately I’ve noticed my brother (and lots of people) do this a lot. They will say something and you are supposed to respond. Like an inside joke or gesture. My brother does this every time he enters the room (which is lots since he goes out to smoke or use the bathroom and when he comes back he makes a noise or inside joke) It seems needy to me where I’m getting less and less wanting to respond. But then when I realize I feel like not responding is anti-social, I suddenly thought “damn, maybe it’s a dominance thing where the one responding is submissive” anyone know what I’m talking about or have any insight? Thanks
Its called "banter", masculine men do it and have fun while doing, insecure men get pissed by it.

The way of men is to respond in kind. This also translates into dealings with women, where bantering is a good tool in the gamers reportoir.

Maybe thats one point why your brother seems to be more successfull with women then you.

Learn from your brother, it seems he has more to offer then you think of him.

SargeMaximus

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Its called "banter", masculine men do it and have fun while doing, insecure men get pissed by it.

The way of men is to respond in kind. This also translates into dealings with women, where bantering is a good tool in the gamers reportoir.

Maybe thats one point why your brother seems to be more successfull with women then you.

Learn from your brother, it seems he has more to offer then you think of him.
Yeah maybe, but I’m also secure enough to say fvck that I still hate it