Hello Friend,

If this is your first visit to SoSuave, I would advise you to START HERE.

It will be the most efficient use of your time.

And you will learn everything you need to know to become a huge success with women.

Thank you for visiting and have a great day!

“I’m just going to step back awhile and take some time”

Robert28

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
When a girl texts you this (or any variation of this) consider yourself dumped. It can be in a relationship, fwb’s, even if you’re just friends. It’s also should tell you that you’re dealing with an emotionally immature woman that doesn’t know how to communicate whatsoever. She may even try to put the blame on you “I’m tired of repeating myself! You keep doing the same things”, but just know that that’s her way of easing her guilt. It also, but not always, means she’s got another guy lined up or she’s about to and needs to get rid of you. For now at least. She words it in a way where you’re thinking “ok we are on a break to figure things out”. No. You’re on a break for good. Or at least until she wants to test the waters with you again if she ever does. Women can’t be honest in turning a guy down and they can’t be honest in breakups either, no matter what type of relationship it is.

Visionist

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Delete her number and if she ever contacts you again, your natural response will be "who's this?"

Barrister

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
When a girl texts you this (or any variation of this) consider yourself dumped. It can be in a relationship, fwb’s, even if you’re just friends. It’s also should tell you that you’re dealing with an emotionally immature woman that doesn’t know how to communicate whatsoever. She may even try to put the blame on you “I’m tired of repeating myself! You keep doing the same things”, but just know that that’s her way of easing her guilt. It also, but not always, means she’s got another guy lined up or she’s about to and needs to get rid of you. For now at least. She words it in a way where you’re thinking “ok we are on a break to figure things out”. No. You’re on a break for good. Or at least until she wants to test the waters with you again if she ever does. Women can’t be honest in turning a guy down and they can’t be honest in breakups either, no matter what type of relationship it is.
The ‘ole “I need a break” lingo. I went through this about a year ago with the LTR I just recently broke it off with (actually posted here about this exact incident at the time). I was able to keep her around by pulling way back and going no contact right after she said this. I think she immediately began second guessing herself because I embraced her idea of a “break” 100% and even had lined up a date she found out about. We ended up staying together for over a year afterwards.

If I could go back I would have just moved on though right then and there. It ultimately wasn’t worth it for all her drama.

Robert28

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
The ‘ole “I need a break” lingo. I went through this about a year ago with the LTR I just recently broke it off with (actually posted here about this exact incident at the time). I was able to keep her around by pulling way back and going no contact right after she said this. I think she immediately began second guessing herself because I embraced her idea of a “break” 100% and even had lined up a date she found out about. We ended up staying together for over a year afterwards.

If I could go back I would have just moved on though right then and there. It ultimately wasn’t worth it for all her drama.
Yep. Usually, healthy relationships don’t NEED breaks. If you can’t communicate before it gets to the point you need a break then there was a misstep somewhere a long time ago. The women that have used that line on me were the worst communicators, they weren’t consistent at all. Sometimes they’d communicate decently, other times they didn’t even try. The last time I got that text I replied to it as a break for good. I said “ok if that’s what you feel is best for you, wish you the best!”. She didn’t respond so I dunno if she was waiting on me to try again later but I never did.

Robert28

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Delete her number and if she ever contacts you again, your natural response will be "who's this?"
She’d be lucky to get that out of me. I just delete and never respond. Ever.

mrgoodstuff

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Robert28,

Those are some classic, in use llines that are designed to keep you on the hook while you hang back and she checks something else out.

7onriverI f

Banned
Reaction score
Just tell her your going on tinder or to the club to find some women. And actually do it. Enjoy yourself while your at it. Tell her your training to get ripped. go and do it.

I want women to tell me what they are doing. whether its banging some guy or helping out poor people. I'm interested in their story and im interested in telling mine as well. Some people don't like to hear your story and thats fine. tell them anyways like old people do or just go and talk to someone else who wants to listen and you can listen to them as well.

Last edited:

Robert28

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Robert28,

Those are some classic, in use llines that are designed to keep you on the hook while you hang back and she checks something else out.
Oh I know. I often wonder how many guys they’ve used those lines on that took them at face value instead of what they really meant. Must be a lot if they’re still using them.

mrgoodstuff

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Oh I know. I often wonder how many guys they’ve used those lines on that took them at face value instead of what they really meant. Must be a lot if they’re still using them.
Their "smooth" lines. The user of the line wants to have their cake and eat it too.