"The Coffee Shop Girl You Never Spoke To"

You've replayed it a hundred times. She stood three feet away, scrolling her phone. You had an opening. You composed the perfect line — after she was gone.

For all you know, she's married now. To some guy who said something. Anything.

Openers are cheap. Almost any sentence works when it's delivered within three seconds. The expensive part is the standing there, drafting and deleting, while the window quietly closes.

The "22 Rules" stripped out my hesitation. What to open with, how to keep it alive, and the one habit that costs guys more women than anything else: waiting for perfect.

Read more...

“I’ll call you”

BJP1991

Senior Don Juan
Joined
Sep 11, 2018
Messages
471
Reaction score
209
Age
35
Seen a girl 3 times now - have been good dates and the other night she cooked me dinner. We have been booking up as well.

Context aside, at the end of our dinner date (when she cooked for me) the other night, she said she would call me later in the week or over the weekend. She is gone all week, so until then it’s not like I would be able to see her.

She said I could call or text her too, if I want. Basically, should I wait the whole 5-6 days to when she said she would call me? Or should I reach out a little sooner, maybe via text, to nail down definite plans for our next date?

This girl has told me she likes calling over texting, but with her trip all week a call might not be most suitable.

Basically, the question is: if a woman you’re seeing and hooking up with tells you they’ll call you in like 6 days, do you honestly just hold out and wait? Or do you take some initiative and get the ball rolling to make definite plans with her?
 

"You'll Never Feel READY to Walk Over"

Next Monday you'll feel more confident. After the gym you'll feel more confident. After one more drink you'll feel more confident. After you get a better haircut, a better jacket, a better job.

You've been "getting ready" for two years.

She's standing ten feet away right now. She'll be gone in four minutes. No amount of preparation will manufacture the courage that only comes from moving your feet.

Walk over. Stumble through the first sentence. Let it be clumsy. Let it be imperfect. You will feel more alive in those ten seconds than you have all month.

Read more...

Hal9000

Master Don Juan
Joined
Jun 2, 2019
Messages
876
Reaction score
1,275
I don't see anything wrong with reaching out at some point in the week. You definitely don't want to blow up her phone though. Radio silence could easily be interpreted as low interest on your part or that you view her as only a hook up. If that isn't the case I'd recommend at least saying hello after a couple days.
 

Atom Smasher

Master Don Juan
Joined
Sep 22, 2008
Messages
8,637
Reaction score
6,557
Age
69
Location
The 7th Dimension
I would wait. This has "test" written all over it. If she hears from you, she'll feel good for a nanosecond and then a strange discomfort will settle in, because you relieved her tension and she was excited by the tension.

I think it's a good time to demonstrate that she doesn't have you hook, line and sinker.
 

BJP1991

Senior Don Juan
Joined
Sep 11, 2018
Messages
471
Reaction score
209
Age
35
I would wait. This has "test" written all over it. If she hears from you, she'll feel good for a nanosecond and then a strange discomfort will settle in, because you relieved her tension and she was excited by the tension.

I think it's a good time to demonstrate that she doesn't have you hook, line and sinker.
I legitimately have thought the same thing - it’s probably a low-grade shyt test. I think the only way I could fail it is if I start texting her or calling her well before the day she said she would call me. She did say I could call her if I wanted to, so maybe she is leaving the door open for me to show initiative or intent. Either way, the most I would do is shoot her a text, maybe to let her know I found something awesome we could try when we get out next. We both talked the other night how we want to do something active next time around (other than the indoor olympics, that is). I also enjoy activity dates a lot, and we are yet to go on one at this point. Doing active dates seems to reel them in a bit more than just a standard “drinks” date, which we’ve done already a few times.
 

"Why Women Dump the Guys Who Try the Hardest"

You paid for dinner. You drove. You said "whatever you want is fine" every single time. All the effort, no expectations.

And she left anyway — probably for a guy who makes her pick up the pizza.

Painful. Also predictable. Her mind quietly concludes that anything requiring zero effort from her is worth exactly zero. You became a free sample, and free samples get taken for granted.

The 22 Rules flip the dynamic. Small shifts that get her investing effort, money, and time in you — until SHE'S the one afraid of losing YOU.

Read more...

Top