Hello Friend,

If this is your first visit to SoSuave, I would advise you to START HERE.

It will be the most efficient use of your time.

And you will learn everything you need to know to become a huge success with women.

Thank you for visiting and have a great day!

What is this "taxation is theft" meme I read from american users on twitter?

BackInTheGame78

Reaction score
Study some history, folks.

Taxation has been around since the the dawn of large societies.

And very rarely have the collected taxes been used for the betterment of society or the peasants.

Taxes have often been called "tributary" taxes. Meaning you pay tribute to your ruler.

Rulers see a tax base as their own personal income stream.

Rulers fight with other rulers to expand their own income streams.

And if you're a fan of taxes, answer these questions:

How many people would pay taxes if they were absolutely and completely voluntary?

What does it mean to live in a society where the "important" stuff (schools, cops, roads, etc.) need to be paid for with involuntarily paid money?
You mean other than having paved roads, interstates, sewage treatment facilities, running water, trash pickup, etc etc etc...

But yeah, other than that nothing else...

I mean you'd be happy with taking your bucket of excrement and tossing out the 2nd story window onto the streets below every morning tho apparently.

Pandora

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Canadians would disagree with you.

The highest income earning Americans pay 37% in taxes. Canadians are taxed at 33% for their highest bracket. So most informed Canadians would agree with me. Americans are getting cucked hard.

Not only are Canadians being taxed less they get more for their taxes. Atleast they have something. Yes their universal healthcare is inefficient but it is still better than our system.

Also Americans have so many small taxes that we never count. We have sales taxes, property taxes, capital gains taxes, county taxes and federal. Oh and dont forget they tax your vehicle when you register it, they tax you via emissions testing, they tax you to get a barbers license, they even tax you to build a deck sometimes ( building permit), hunting license etc.

Pandora

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
You mean other than having paved roads, interstates, sewage treatment facilities, running water, trash pickup, etc etc etc...

But yeah, other than that nothing else...

I mean you'd be happy with taking your bucket of excrement and tossing out the 2nd story window onto the streets below every morning tho apparently.
This is a strange argument you are making. The OP is not saying we dont need to come together to provide collective services. He is saying that the state is the most inefficient way to come together to provide these services. This is because the state serves as a mafia that skims a lot of the money off the top. They don't care if the people have good services or not.

He is saying that before the idea of the nation state people came together as a village and got things done effectively. The formation of the nation state has turned out to be a disaster for the average man.

BackInTheGame78

Reaction score

The highest income earning Americans pay 37% in taxes. Canadians are taxed at 33% for their highest bracket. So most informed Canadians would agree with me. Americans are getting cucked hard.

Not only are Canadians being taxed less they get more for their taxes. Atleast they have something. Yes their universal healthcare is inefficient but it is still better than our system.

Also Americans have so many small taxes that we never count. We have sales taxes, property taxes, capital gains taxes, county taxes and federal. Oh and dont forget they tax your vehicle when you register it, they tax you via emissions testing, they tax you to get a barbers license, they even tax you to build a deck sometimes ( building permit), hunting license etc.
Ever been to Canada?

I live on a border city and go there frequently. I can assure things are far more expensive there than here. PST, GST, ridiculous fees added to everything. Paying $1.50 for a Liter of gasoline.

There is a reason why Canadian companies organize bus tours over here to go shopping on weekends and they are always sold out. It's cheaper to pay to go on one of those bus tours and shop at a 66% rate on the US Dollar than it is to go to their stores in Canada. But somehow we are paying more taxes? Yeah right.

Also, their healthcare system is backed up so long that for any procedure you are waiting months if not over a year. Many Canadians pay to have the procedures done in the US instead of waiting.

Don't talk about stuff you don't know about in factual terms.

Pandora

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Ever been to Canada?

I live on a border city and go there frequently. I can assure things are far more expensive there than here. PST, GST, ridiculous fees added to everything. Paying $1.50 for a Liter of gasoline.

There is a reason why Canadian companies organize bus tours over here to go shopping on weekends and they are always sold out. It's cheaper to pay to go on one of those bus tours and shop at a 66% rate on the US Dollar than it is to go to their stores in Canada. But somehow we are paying more taxes? Yeah right.

Also, their healthcare system is backed up so long that for any procedure you are waiting months if not over a year. Many Canadians pay to have the procedures done in the US instead of waiting.

I have been to Canada many times. Canada is not some exotic place. I also have many close friends from Canada. Yes some richer Canadians are coming over for specialty care but most Canadians don't need specialty care that is only provided in America. Canadians have access to primary care which is the cornerstone of any healthcare system. Many Americans dont even have a primary care physician. They just use the ER.

Ask Canadians if they would trade their healthcare system for ours. You already know the answer to that question. Do you honestly think Canadians would trade healthcare systems? Honest question.......

Pandora

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Ever been to Canada?

Canadians laugh at us for having the most expensive healthcare of virtually any industrialized nation. Please stop the intellectual dishonesty. Keep it real man.

Pierce Manhammer

Reaction score
Alright, let’s dive into the great tax showdown: Canada vs. the USA. Grab your popcorn because this comparison is more twisted than a soap opera.

### Welcome to Taxville
In the land of maple syrup, taxes start gentle at 15% but can skyrocket to 33% if you’re rolling in dough. Oh, and provinces? Yeah, they want their cut, too, turning your paycheck into a communal snack.

Down in the USA, the tax party kicks off at 10% and can balloon up to a whopping 37% for the high rollers. State taxes? It’s a wild ride from zero to “Why do I live here again?”

### Deductions: The Tax Loophole Olympics
Both countries offer a buffet of tax deductions and credits. It’s like a treasure hunt, but instead of gold, you’re searching for ways not to give away your gold.

### What’s In It for Me?
Canada throws in healthcare with your tax bill, like a surprise toy in a cereal box, but better because it’s actually useful. Americans, on the other hand, get the joy of shopping for health insurance. Yay, freedom?

### The Bottom Line: Who’s Getting Schooled?
Canadians often hand over more of their paycheck to the taxman, but hey, at least when they break a leg, they don’t break the bank. Americans might get to flaunt their slightly fatter paychecks until they remember that doctor’s visit costs more than a new iPhone.

In the end, Canadians might be the quiet ones at the party, but they’re not going home to a surprise medical bill. Americans, enjoy those few extra bucks, but don’t get sick. It’s all about priorities, folks!

Pandora

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Alright, let’s dive into the great tax showdown: Canada vs. the USA. Grab your popcorn because this comparison is more twisted than a soap opera.

### Welcome to Taxville
In the land of maple syrup, taxes start gentle at 15% but can skyrocket to 33% if you’re rolling in dough. Oh, and provinces? Yeah, they want their cut, too, turning your paycheck into a communal snack.

Down in the USA, the tax party kicks off at 10% and can balloon up to a whopping 37% for the high rollers. State taxes? It’s a wild ride from zero to “Why do I live here again?”

### Deductions: The Tax Loophole Olympics
Both countries offer a buffet of tax deductions and credits. It’s like a treasure hunt, but instead of gold, you’re searching for ways not to give away your gold.

### What’s In It for Me?
Canada throws in healthcare with your tax bill, like a surprise toy in a cereal box, but better because it’s actually useful. Americans, on the other hand, get the joy of shopping for health insurance. Yay, freedom?

### The Bottom Line: Who’s Getting Schooled?
Canadians often hand over more of their paycheck to the taxman, but hey, at least when they break a leg, they don’t break the bank. Americans might get to flaunt their slightly fatter paychecks until they remember that doctor’s visit costs more than a new iPhone.

In the end, Canadians might be the quiet ones at the party, but they’re not going home to a surprise medical bill. Americans, enjoy those few extra bucks, but don’t get sick. It’s all about priorities, folks!
That is a fair analysis of the tax argument. I can agree with that.

When I say high taxes I am talking about a single man making 80k to 100k in America. He is getting screwed unless he knows loopholes. He is better off in Canada. I think deep down we know that having to worry about bankruptcy for the birth of your child is evil. Like you said Canadians might be slightly less " rich" but they get a lot back. Oh and dont forget they pay significantly less for college. A lot less.

Pierce Manhammer

Reaction score
Here in California just be a combat veteran, it means free healthcare (that's a federal benefit) (tip top, btw), and in California, as much as the assembly here may hate it, we have better benefits provided by the state (Calvet) than any other state: namely free higher education (tuition, fees, books) for the vet, his spouse and children - FOR LIFE, as many degrees and levels of education as you’d want. Housing if needed and a plethora of other things - that’s right baby. If you’re disabled you get a monthly stipend as well, for life and access to the PX and Commisary (no taxes). There is too much else to list.

Everywhere there are hacks, you just need to find them.

Last edited:

Pandora

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Here in California just be a combat veteran, it means free healthcare (that's a federal benefit)(tip top, btw), and in California, as much as the assembly here may hate it, we have better benefits provided by the state (Calvet) than any other state: namely free higher education (tuition, fees, books) for the vet, his spouse and children - FOR LIFE, as many degrees and levels of education as you’d want. Housing if needed and a plethora of other things - that’s right baby. If you’re disabled you get a monthly stipend as well, for life and access to the PX and Commisary (no taxes). There is too much else to list.

Everywhere there are hacks, you just need to find them.
Dang that sounds awesome. Yeh the military is a big hack. Calvet seems to be amazing but here on the East Coast they have TriCare. I have heard mixed things about TriCare.

Btw its awesome that California takes care of their veterans like that. Aleast California does something right.

CornbreadFed

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Yes how about we compare ourselves to the very bottom of the barrel. That should make us feel good.
Thats like saying "you should be grateful to be dating a skinny single mother. There are some guys who date fat ugly single mothers"

When comparing the USA to other INDUSTRIALIZED NATIONS we rank very low in just about everything. You cant compare yourself to Somalia and feel good about our position. Like I said even my "shyt hole" country in West Africa has paved roads, running water and airports. That is the lowest of the low metric to feel grateful for. Stop it.
I was informed that the reason the USA has an insane tipping culture is because it makes eating out cheaper overall. I visited a string of EU countries recently and even without tipping being a requirement, it was still noticeably cheaper than eating out in the US. Hell, I watched a Switzerland visit video the other day and the prices were on par with the prices here in the states. Yet, I will bet my pair of nuts that Switzerland has decent infrastructure, relatively clean, and etc compared to the USA. Like you said, if you are working middle class then you are getting screwed here in the US.

Last edited:

BackInTheGame78

Reaction score

Canadians laugh at us for having the most expensive healthcare of virtually any industrialized nation. Please stop the intellectual dishonesty. Keep it real man.
They laugh at us, but then still use it when they don't feel like waiting a year.

How about learn WTF you are talking about before posting your "opinion", which is apparently curated from random dudes on YouTube rather than any actual real experience on the subject matter?

Didn't have much to say about the shopping situation I pointed out I see.

Pandora

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
They laugh at us, but then still use it when they don't feel like waiting a year.

How about learn WTF you are talking about before posting your "opinion", which is apparently curated from random dudes on YouTube rather than any actual real experience on the subject matter?

Didn't have much to say about the shopping situation I pointed out I see.
The vast majority of Canadians have never been to the USA for medical care. Lets keep it real. A very small percentage of people from around the world travel to the USA every year for treatment of rare and complicated conditions. This is because American healthcare will give you what you want if you have ALOT of money. Much like a prostitute.

Show me evidence of all the droves of Canadians that envy our healthcare. Please.

I cant argue the shopping situation. Yes the American dollar is strong compared to the Canadian dollar. The only thing that is cheap in America is goods and services. You have to keep the slaves occupied and entertained right. You have to keep them constantly consuming their life away.

Pandora

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
I was informed that the reason the USA has an insane tipping culture is because it makes eating out cheaper overall. I visited a string of EU countries recently and even without tipping being a requirement, it was still noticeably cheaper than eating out in the US. Hell, I watched a Switzerland visit video the other day and the prices were on par with the prices here in the states. Yet, I will bet my pair of nuts that Switzerland has decent infrastructure, relatively clean, and etc compared to the USA. Like you said, if you are working middle class then you are getting screwed here in the US.
100% facts. I was talking to a taxi driver in another country once. He said he loved Americans because they always tiped. He once worked in Japan and said even the Japanese dont tip. They just pay the exact amount. If you tip in other countries they are pleasantly surprised.

Tipping culture is just a way for companies to under pay the staff. Waiting tables is hard work and it is skilled work. I did it for years and it is harder than some " skilled" jobs.

Btw how are the EU countries? I never really been. One day I would like to visit as an adult.

EyeBRollin

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Yes how about we compare ourselves to the very bottom of the barrel. That should make us feel good.
Thats like saying "you should be grateful to be dating a skinny single mother. There are some guys who date fat ugly single mothers"

When comparing the USA to other INDUSTRIALIZED NATIONS we rank very low in just about everything. You cant compare yourself to Somalia and feel good about our position. Like I said even my "shyt hole" country in West Africa has paved roads, running water and airports. That is the lowest of the low metric to feel grateful for. Stop it.
Terrible analogy.

It’s called humility. We should not take these things for granted. Especially with mentality like this:

Why do you think taxes are the only way to pay for those things?
Taxes are the best way to pay for these things. The private sector already tried and failed miserably.

Pandora

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Terrible analogy.

It’s called humility. We should not take these things for granted. Especially with mentality like this:

Taxes are the best way to pay for these things. The private sector already tried and failed miserably.
We should be grateful that our overlords bless us with the bare minimum. We should be grateful that medical bills are the # 1 cause of bankruptcy in the USA. We should also be grateful that we have some of the worst infrastructure of any industrialized nation.

What you are describing is a slave mentality. The rulers should be grateful that WE let them stay in power. This is our money. Not theirs. You dont have to be grateful for shyt when you are paying for it.

Last edited:

Pandora

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Terrible analogy.

The issue with taxes is that it is taken by the threat of violence. The other issue with taxes is that corruption and mispending will ultimately take over.

It is possible to come together in small groups of 150 to 200 to build houses and roads etc. This is what we have been doing since before we formed the nation state ( for millions of years).

Do the Amish need taxes? No. They pool their labor together. Do the Aboriginal tribes need taxes? No. They all come together and help each other.

This taxes thing is just an outgrowth of the agricultural revolultion which led to kingdoms and nation states. Its a scam.

Modern Man Advice

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
You can argue back and forth about whether taxation is legal or not. If you talk to former IRS employees a few of them will be brave enough to say it's not.

But putting that endless discussion aside, the problem is not whether it is legal, but how it is used and where most of it goes.

Pandora

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
You can argue back and forth about whether taxation is legal or not. If you talk to former IRS employees a few of them will be brave enough to say it's not.

But putting that endless discussion aside, the problem is not whether it is legal, but how it is used and where most of it goes.
Bro i agree. I hate to be negative but the older I get the more I see that tax is just a giant money laundering scheme. We actually have more than enough to make our lives decent. Politicians are generally parasites that use tax dollars to line their pockets.
Its been that way since the first govt was formed.

Im okay with corruption but atleast give something back damn.