Hello Friend,

If this is your first visit to SoSuave, I would advise you to START HERE.

It will be the most efficient use of your time.

And you will learn everything you need to know to become a huge success with women.

Thank you for visiting and have a great day!

First date length

CollegeMan22

Senior Don Juan
Reaction score
Hell yeah bro. I dont go out before 3-5 pm (unless work or adulting). I rather work or something from morning until 1-2pm and then worry about fun stuff. If you are not feeling going out so early, you shouldnt.
Same here. I don't do dates that are before sunset. Nighttime is the time of love and sex. Inhibitions are released and the darkness stops the girls' worries about looking too sluttish during the day. I've found that daytime dates are boring and lack sexuality. Sexual tension has the opportunity to ramp up at night, no matter what kind of date you go on. You're not going to sneak in an intense make out with her leaning against a tree during the day with cars driving by. But I've done that many times at night.

Pedrito0906

Banned
Reaction score
Well, a man, better said a gentleman, would stop the girl from drinking and putting herself in a position to be taken advantage
Oh you mean saving the damsel in distress like a White Knight in a shiny armor?

SW15

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Same here. I don't do dates that are before sunset. Nighttime is the time of love and sex. Inhibitions are released and the darkness stops the girls' worries about looking too sluttish during the day. I've found that daytime dates are boring and lack sexuality. Sexual tension has the opportunity to ramp up at night, no matter what kind of date you go on. You're not going to sneak in an intense make out with her leaning against a tree during the day with cars driving by. But I've done that many times at night.
Night time dates are a must for indoor venues. Some outdoor, activity-based dates can only be done during daylight. There's an argument to be made that those aren't good for 1st dates. Activity dates can be 2nd or 3rd dates, but are actually best in an established relationship.

Bingo-Player

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
The answer genuinely depends on the girl

My ex we went for 1 drink in the pub opposite my place

Sparks were flying i actually kissed her in the pub in the middle of a tuesday afternoon , took her back to my place and she had her panties around her ankles within 30 mins

She was a little sloot though and loved being dominated so it was pretty easy for me

--------------

Conversely Couple of weeks back a chick from tinder came to meet me on a sunday afternoon , very serious bird very little chemistry with her and no sparks

We went for a 30 min walk around the park and by the time we got back to her car i was glad to see the back of her

We never spoke again

You really just have to go with the flow on first dates

You will know within about 30 mins wether its gonna go any further or not ,

only nice guys and simps are stupid enough to prolong the agony

2Rocky

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
I'm going to lean towards the 2 pm date since it is Post lunch. Meet at a place where alcohol ****tails are served. Use the first drink time frame as a time to find out what she's looking for. If you get any red flags then come up with a time constraint and bail.

If she is showing you green flags: is touchy, affectionate, hooked on you, then you can do another round and propose a venue change. Perhaps there is a cool nature trail for a walk, waterfall, duck pond, beach, city view, etc. I like something physical like walking to stir up the endorphins. If it is now, the sunset is earlier, and a picnic blanket and a bottle of wine and some cheese and crackers might be a good activity if the weather is nice. Or maybe you are cold and wet and want to warm up by your fire at your place around the corner....YOu have to go feed and walk your dog too. See where I'm going here?

Of course you have a pork tenderloin (that you got on sale weeks ago for just this occasion) thawed out for dinner and some easy baby potatoes...Quick salad and another bottle of wine. Well you might as well spend the night... In her subconscious mind she just had 3 dates with you. Assuming of course that you clicked with her. You also had 3 chances to eject if she showed you too many red flags.

BeExcellent

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
I'm going to lean towards the 2 pm date since it is Post lunch. Meet at a place where alcohol ****tails are served. Use the first drink time frame as a time to find out what she's looking for. If you get any red flags then come up with a time constraint and bail.

If she is showing you green flags: is touchy, affectionate, hooked on you, then you can do another round and propose a venue change. Perhaps there is a cool nature trail for a walk, waterfall, duck pond, beach, city view, etc. I like something physical like walking to stir up the endorphins. If it is now, the sunset is earlier, and a picnic blanket and a bottle of wine and some cheese and crackers might be a good activity if the weather is nice. Or maybe you are cold and wet and want to warm up by your fire at your place around the corner....YOu have to go feed and walk your dog too. See where I'm going here?

Of course you have a pork tenderloin (that you got on sale weeks ago for just this occasion) thawed out for dinner and some easy baby potatoes...Quick salad and another bottle of wine. Well you might as well spend the night... In her subconscious mind she just had 3 dates with you. Assuming of course that you clicked with her. You also had 3 chances to eject if she showed you too many red flags.
This ^^^

BillyPilgrim

Master Don Juan
Reaction score

That's a bit of prep work and calendar-clearing for someone when you don't know what they want or if they are into you.

The "you" in your post isn't me, nor is it most peeps on the forum. You Canucks are an odd bunch.

Murk

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
I like the first paragraph of his post, I’m not putting that extra effort. If she comes back to mine it’s wine music and bang no extra stuff needed. I’ll have a prepared excuse to leave within 5 min if the vibe isn’t good or she looks uglier (or fatter) in person. When you get into shape your tolerance for chub/catfishing goes out the window.

Divorced w 3

Master Don Juan
Reaction score

Really good

BillyPilgrim

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Really good
Dude you're stuck in Jersey in an environment loaded with Italianas, Jewesses and African-American Queens.

No, this is not good, let alone really good. Your perspective is skewed. What was described is a supplicative approach might be necessary in your particular fishbowl but it a bad idea for the majority of dudes out there.

Divorced w 3

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Dude you're stuck in Jersey in an environment loaded with Italianas, Jewesses and African-American Queens.

No, this is not good, let alone really good. Your perspective is skewed. What was described is a supplicative approach might be necessary in your particular fishbowl but it a bad idea for the majority of dudes out there.
Get off my d1ck dude. Lol

Dr.Suave

Reaction score

2Rocky

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
LOL when BE approves you know it's a bad move.

@catsmeow2 what do you think of Rocky's post?
That's a bit of prep work and calendar-clearing for someone when you don't know what they want or if they are into you.

The "you" in your post isn't me, nor is it most peeps on the forum. You Canucks are an odd bunch.
I look quite dashing in my Canadian Tuxedo...TYVM

And it is basic meal planning...not that big of a deal.. Kind of a grown-up thing though.

Murk

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Update

I went on this date at the 2pm but made sure I had plans for 5pm so I would be leaving at 4pm. Kinda wish I didn’t do that as she was nice and we vibed well but it’s nice to have some structure for once.

I’ve been invited for a coffee by another girl, I’m thinking to just experience something new and do a coffee date. I don’t have to be drinking to meet and bang these women I’ve done it sober (just a lot less). Part of me thinks it’s boring and a waste of time though.

Are coffee/lunch dates just a waste of time and more like interviews in bright lighting totally not worth my time? Or should I put myself out there doing different things no matter how gay it seems to me. I couple drinks at a bar 7pm onwards is more my vibe or just inviting them straight to my place.

Dr.Suave

Reaction score
Update

I went on this date at the 2pm but made sure I had plans for 5pm so I would be leaving at 4pm. Kinda wish I didn’t do that as she was nice and we vibed well but it’s nice to have some structure for once.

I’ve been invited for a coffee by another girl, I’m thinking to just experience something new and do a coffee date. I don’t have to be drinking to meet and bang these women I’ve done it sober (just a lot less). Part of me thinks it’s boring and a waste of time though.

Are coffee/lunch dates just a waste of time and more like interviews in bright lighting totally not worth my time? Or should I put myself out there doing different things no matter how gay it seems to me. I couple drinks at a bar 7pm onwards is more my vibe or just inviting them straight to my place.
Only you can answer that, bro. Getting the lay could be harder if the date starts at 2 pm or sonner than if it starts after 3-4pm. I dont like early dates, they rub me off the wrong way but apparently you were having a good time with the 2pm girl so maybe you should keep exploring different things to find out if/how much you like them.

Murk

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Only you can answer that, bro. Getting the lay could be harder if the date starts at 2 pm or sonner than if it starts after 3-4pm. I dont like early dates, they rub me off the wrong way but apparently you were having a good time with the 2pm girl so maybe you should keep exploring different things to find out if/how much you like them.
Yeah it was quite fun to have no expectations or pressure to secure the lay, it's nice to have multiple things to do on the same day too and keep a date short and sweet.