Hello Friend,

If this is your first visit to SoSuave, I would advise you to START HERE.

It will be the most efficient use of your time.

And you will learn everything you need to know to become a huge success with women.

Thank you for visiting and have a great day!

Men should be even more aware of their age than women

BeExcellent

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
The idea of being a lonely old man is decades away for many of you young bucks around here. But it is a very real phenomenon.

It is a reality that I observe every day in my 50s. Another close friend of mine just took his dad to breakfast yesterday for birthday. His dad is 91 (my friend is 57), alone & living in my friend’s casita. His dad hates when he leaves town, guilt trips him constantly about the amount of time he’s away doing whatever, and my friend is somewhat hamstrung in his own life as the caregiver for his father. His father was in the art world in LA, saved nothing despite a lavish lifestyle and being very well connected….he hasn’t had a GF in 20 years, is bitter and difficult, (and lucky as hell his son is the good man that he is.). How many here would put life on hold to care for a frail aging irresponsible parent?

Some men don’t fall into that mold, but those are outliers.

And I’ve always said strive to be an outlier, smh

patb

Senior Don Juan
Reaction score
This contrivance only serves the interests of women who’s imperative it is to enjoy their party years in their 20′s with as many Alphas as they can attract and have a stable Nice Guy who’s petrified he’ll live a life of loneliness and desperation waiting for them at 28-30 to marry and ensure their long term security.
Word.

Stanley

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
The idea of being a lonely old man is decades away for many of you young bucks around here. But it is a very real phenomenon.

It is a reality that I observe every day in my 50s. Another close friend of mine just took his dad to breakfast yesterday for birthday. His dad is 91 (my friend is 57), alone & living in my friend’s casita. His dad hates when he leaves town, guilt trips him constantly about the amount of time he’s away doing whatever, and my friend is somewhat hamstrung in his own life as the caregiver for his father. His father was in the art world in LA, saved nothing despite a lavish lifestyle and being very well connected….he hasn’t had a GF in 20 years, is bitter and difficult, (and lucky as hell his son is the good man that he is.). How many here would put life on hold to care for a frail aging irresponsible parent?

I believe most men and people are hardwired to be in some form of masculine and feminine union and I don't mean marriage necessarily. Men and women's innate energys SHOULD improve and bring balance to your life when things are right. A point I want to draw though is loneliness and being alone are not the same. That and an older single man or woman should still make an effort to have a healthy social life regardless of their relationship status. I think at any age someone can seek out companionship and humans are not static, we are dynamic. My grandmother of 97 is currently dating a man who is 96 that she met at a rummy card game. That's awesome.

My opinions on things will change with age and experience, but as they are now serious relationships are low priority. Will I at some point seek out relationships romantically with intention to last? Probably, but not anytime soon. I'll keep an open mind if a good one comes around though and will reflect on my own mental schema. As it stands I would consider myself and outlier... as of right now.

DreamAgain

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
@DreamAgain you've got a point here. As you grow older, it gets harder to find attractive women who like you more because of you instead of you money, status, etc.

But one thing you seem to be oblivious of is that most men who are single post 30 haven't chosen to be so. Most single men I know, myself included, have been thrown to the curb like a piece of trash in their teens and twenties by women they were dating. They have learned through experience that they are disposable and will not receive respect or any semi-consistent love unless they become something. It's not the red pill or society telling men to be like this.
Sorry to hear that, genuinely. I know how bad the market is, but can you honestly say you tried your hardest to date in your earlier twenties? That you approached as many girls as you could that had longer term potential and all of them didn't work out?

You probably didn't do that, but don't feel bad, I didn't either. I had financial issues with my parents to deal with. I had a difficult degree and grad school that made me prioritize studying over dating.

The system didn't reward me with a princess at the end of the road for all this work. All I got was girls of loose morals who were busy banging the useless major jocks or the frat bros.

But there were still diamonds in the rough to be found, and that is the point I wanted to emphasize so that future young guys out there don't make the same mistake.

DreamAgain

Master Don Juan
Reaction score

It definitely is real, good post.

DreamAgain

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Droll of you to think most of us had a choice in the matter. Personally, I regret not chasing fame and money. I chased "meaning" and "heritage," and what did it get me? I could be retired in SE Asia by now
Sexpating in SE asia isn't really something to brag about.

And trust me I actually find the blackpill to have merit, and many guys on here who preach game and confidence are vastly overrating their charm/wit, and are getting by on their looks. Those who aren't are beta buxing.

patb

Senior Don Juan
Reaction score
Sexpating in SE asia isn't really something to brag about.

And trust me I actually find the blackpill to have merit, and many guys on here who preach game and confidence are vastly overrating their charm/wit, and are getting by on their looks. Those who aren't are beta buxing.
What do I care about bragging?

I think it goes without saying that this place is full of keyboard badasses that aren't 1/10th as cool as they think they are. Welcome to the internet.

forcerecon01

Master Don Juan
Reaction score

I think it goes without saying that this place is full of keyboard badasses that aren't 1/10th as cool as they think they are. Welcome to the internet.
Dude why is se asia taboo for some people? Makes no sense

patb

Senior Don Juan
Reaction score
Dude why is se asia taboo for some people? Makes no sense
Because they like to imagine their pickup careers make them better than others. Moving someplace where dating is easier upends the little petty pecking order they set up in their heads that places them above it all.

forcerecon01

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Because they like to imagine their pickup careers make them better than others. Moving someplace where dating is easier upends the little petty pecking order they set up in their heads that places them above it all.
Lmao Shame too because se asia is awesome

DreamAgain

Master Don Juan
Reaction score

I mean, well I know nothing about you or your preferences so sorry for insinuating something wrong.

The general stereotype, at least for older white men, is that they go to SE Asia to play the beta male provider role to bang women. Or maybe not provide directly but dangle the carrot initially and eventually do it if you want the girl to stick around.

forcerecon01

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
I mean, well I know nothing about you or your preferences so sorry for insinuating something wrong.

The general stereotype, at least for older white men, is that they go to SE Asia to play the beta male provider role to bang women. Or maybe not provide directly but dangle the carrot initially and eventually do it if you want the girl to stick around.
south east asia is a better environment for dating period.

Thebestthereeveris

Senior Don Juan
Reaction score
It's a convenient line of thinking for red pill marketing.

Red pill "gurus" are pointless because all guys should be improving themselves as much as they can anyway. Putting a label to that and calling it a "movement" or an ideology or whatever is stupid.

But nevertheless, it is useful for pumping and dumping women I will admit that. You will attract hotter women for short term relationships, and more of them.

Guys like that alpha male strategies guy are overt about it. You sell the girl a dream (commitment with a man with a lot of resources), bang her, and at some point toss her to the side of the road when she is no longer useful to you.
Ya the game and techniques work but the underlying frame is masculinity. If you have a strong sense of masculinity you tend to do what the Puas teach naturally without even thinking about it

patb

Senior Don Juan
Reaction score

I see nothing wrong with any of that.

patb

Senior Don Juan
Reaction score
What can I say? The whole "you must beg for your ***** at Safeway or you're not a Real Man (TM)" schtick around here doesn't impress me. If a man finds a way to escape his pathetic lot here, I don't blame him at all.

savi0r

Don Juan
Reaction score
It kinda was how life played out. In my 20's i struggled to get experience in the workplace, start my business, fix my appearance, etc. I was skinny, a smoker, was losing my hair, business was very slow. Still i had a nice personality, but that didn't seem to count for much at the time. I started putting my life in order at 30, 31 maybe. I had my nose operated ( lots of hits through different sports) , started going to the gym , quit smoking, put more focus in my business,more reading, etc. Now i am in a good point in my life, where i have my house, money, a nice car, a good business, just did a hair implant, muscular body, have a great social circle, so i think i am kinda ok. Yes, i would have liked a family by now. Kids for sure. But it was just how life played out. I think my luck may be that i live in a third world country, in the countryside. I do not experience the whole "western dating culture" at it's full, but indeed the dating market is getting worse here also. But i haven't lost hope quite yet. :)

pipeman84

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
I'm confused regarding point (1).

If guys do not purposely avoid serious relationships until their mid 30s, how can it also be true that they don't have interest in settling down earlier when they are younger?
Speaking from personal experience, I had no desire/interest in settling down in my 20s or early 30s, which is perfectly in line with masculinity. I also didn't meet any girl who I deemed to be wife material...so it's not like I had 3 girls to choose from and I purposely decided to toss them aside and continue on my path of exploring the world.

Further, if you had a good enough girl that met your criteria for settling down, what would your reason be for not settling down with her and playing the field? Thinking you can do better?
I think being honest with myself and recognizing I'm not ready for it yet... I won't settle down just because current cultural norms dictate I should marry a girl my age and do it by the time I reach 30 when my inner core tells me that this model doesn't really fit the masculine-feminine dynamics. Meaning, the guy has to be a leader and a father figure for the relationship to work optimally...how is he supposed to do that at 25 with a girl who's 24-25 (and more mature than him, as their brains develop faster)? Furthermore, considering that men are attracted to youth, women to strength and maturity and that women age worse than men, it logically follows a man should get a wife younger than him.