Hello Friend,

If this is your first visit to SoSuave, I would advise you to START HERE.

It will be the most efficient use of your time.

And you will learn everything you need to know to become a huge success with women.

Thank you for visiting and have a great day!

Americans Abroad

Kotaix

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Is it just me or are American tourists some of the most boring people in the world? Whenever Americans travel abroad, they find other Americans and then just sit around in big groups talking about their home country.

[In Shanghai] Oh, you're from Montana? I went to Montana once in the summer...
[In Bulgaria] Oh, you're from New Jersey? I went to college there...

Bla bla bla. How dull.
I encountered this is in Italy. We went to a winery in tuscany to do a wine tasting and the only people there were americans, who all started talking exactly like this. This was partly because the only people who do wine tastings are american tho. Italians just buy the bottles.

We left as quickly as we could because we can't stand those people either.

Bokanovsky

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
I will say that Europeans are completely ignorant of the fact that the USA is a continent and not part of a continent and it shows!
Umm, what? I think you’ve just proven the point that Americans are uneducated…lol

Read for FREE!

Read for FREE!

RangerMIke

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
As someone who has been to Marseille (don't go there!), Brittany, Lyon, and Nantes, I disagree. The French are just smug about everywhere you go.
I should say that it is very helpful if you speak French. I will say this... the French, as a general rule, have a very low tolerance for bvllsh1t. This can come off as smug and rude, so I get your point. I learned French from my Cajun grandmother, so I have something of a strange accent. In Paris, yes many French would make fun of it, which didn't bother me at all... I would just say "Preferez-vous que je parle allemand?" than start rattling of in German. Then I would toss back at them a comment that if it hadn't been for the English speaking people of the world, GERMAN is what they would all be speaking. Truth is the French love it when you toss rudeness back at them, if you do it without getting emotional with a smile. French women especially love this. They like clever retorts, and they respect this.

Everyplace else in France when I spoke, the French found it VERY interesting and was always a good segway to talk about Cajuns in Louisiana.

Read for FREE!

Fruitbat

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
The most annoying thing is when they stay at hotels and you’re behind them in the queue and they’re complaining because they don’t provide adapters, can’t cook exactly what they want and bring it to their room on a satin pillow. The level of entitlement using hotels and shops and services is next level. It’s like US businesses literally wipe their backsides for them.

Seriously, I generally like Americans when I meet them.

Reaction score
Hehe? Are you trying to say that America was fighting the world wars against “Europe”? :rolleyes:
Not just WW2 but the British Empire realized early on that it couldn't compete with a literal continent, Germany & Italy had to learn the hard way lol.

Read for FREE!