the biggest problem i have found with street approach

Mahmudul Hasan

Don Juan
Reaction score
I have talked to girls in classroom or other places where are staying for long period of time but the thing with street approach is that she has to go somewhere and I am walking with her while talking for 5 minutes or something then we reach her college or workplace or whatever then she has to go. it's like i can't talk to her for long period of time on street approach but she has to go somewhere. also on street approaches, the pickup dies if there is a silence of some period.

SW15

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Roosh called street game the most difficult venue hands down back in 2012.

Based on my experiences with street type game, I agree.

In the 10+ years in my current city, I've done more of my street type game on designated recreational walking paths and occasionally in city parks. The walking paths are tough for game. Most women aren't receptive because they are moving and wearing headphones/earbuds. There is some natural stopping points on each of the trails where I game that are ideal for approaching but it's still tough.

Between dog walkers and earbuds, there's a reason why outdoor and street game is so difficult.

Most US cities are not well designed for pure street game. The older US cities that were quite populated prior to 1900 are the best ones for pure street game. Those cities are: New York City, Boston, Chicago, Philadelphia, Baltimore, and Washington DC.

Outside of the United States, street game is a little bit different. A lot of older European and some Middle Eastern cities are more conducive to pedestrians. Nick Krauser and Tom Torero built a street game model from approaching pedestrians in London, England. Prague has been known for street game.

NealIRC

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
That's why I approach girls in the beach. Or swimming pool areas, depending on where you're at.

AmsterdamAssassin

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Outside of the United States, street game is a little bit different. A lot of older European and some Middle Eastern cities are more conducive to pedestrians. Nick Krauser and Tom Torero built a street game model from approaching pedestrians in London, England. Prague has been known for street game.
Amsterdam is a good city for 'street game'.

FlexpertHamilton

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
I have talked to girls in classroom or other places where are staying for long period of time but the thing with street approach is that she has to go somewhere and I am walking with her while talking for 5 minutes or something then we reach her college or workplace or whatever then she has to go. it's like i can't talk to her for long period of time on street approach but she has to go somewhere. also on street approaches, the pickup dies if there is a silence of some period.
Street approaches are usually only viable in "3rd places" which are increasingly non-existent in the US/Canada, and one of the reasons why most places in the US are so miserable and soulless. Your best bet is dense downtown/historic districts around a lot of bars/restaurants/shops. College campuses are also good.

Manure Spherian

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Do you initiate your approaches after getting IOI’s?

Manure Spherian

Master Don Juan
Reaction score

CornbreadFed

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Street approaches are usually only viable in "3rd places" which are increasingly non-existent in the US/Canada, and one of the reasons why most places in the US are so miserable and soulless. Your best bet is dense downtown/historic districts around a lot of bars/restaurants/shops. College campuses are also good.
The disappearances of third places is definitely a good point. Cold approaching a stranger while they are running errands or performing a task is always going to be a hurdle.

We_ArE_VeNOM

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Who are you fooling?

This is a prime example of a guy who trying to give the impression that this is what he do, to cover up the fact that this is exactly what he doesn't do, but rather is using this as a smoke screen to conceal his own insecurities.

This happens a lot on this forum.

Guys will say things like..

"Every girl that I talk to has earbuds, making the approach awkward".

But what they really mean is..

"I am scared to approach girls with earbuds, because it will seem awkward".

Dude, you shouldn't be talking to a woman for 5 minutes on a cold approach anyway.

And if you are gonna talk to her for that long, the least you can do is try to close on the number... instead using the excuse of "she has somewhere to go".

The fact that she has somewhere to go is precisely why you should keep the convo short in the first place.

What, are you gonna stand there talking to her for 5 minutes until you have this sudden epiphany that she has somewhere to go?

Stop it.

Do NOT approach a woman unless you are prepared to exchange contact information.

If you are NOT gonna do that, then don't waste her time, or yours.

If, that is what you are doing.

SW15

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Do NOT approach a woman unless you are prepared to exchange contact information.
I agree with this.

you shouldn't be talking to a woman for 5 minutes on a cold approach anyway.

And if you are gonna talk to her for that long, the least you can do is try to close on the number... instead using the excuse of "she has somewhere to go".

The fact that she has somewhere to go is precisely why you should keep the convo short in the first place.
I partially disagree with this. I like the idea of keeping a conversation short but the conversation should be at least long enough to give you a good idea that a first date will be successful and has a higher probably of resulting in a second date. I think you need at least a 5 minute conversation to do that in most cases.

On a pure street approach, it might be more difficult to get 5 minutes of attention. I tend to do more park and walking path approaches than pure street game approaches. Most US cities are not well set up for pure street game but some cities have spots that are good for park and walking path type game. In park/path type game, the women are already in leisure time mode (especially on a weekend afternoon when I typically do park/path game) so I can get 5 minutes of conversation based on my timing and structuring of the approach.

Guys will say things like..

"Every girl that I talk to has earbuds, making the approach awkward".

But what they really mean is..

"I am scared to approach girls with earbuds, because it will seem awkward".
Yes and no. Earbuds are used by women in part to reduce approaches. When a woman is wearing earbuds, she is trying to signal to the world that she isn't open to human interaction. That said, if she sees you have enough value, she'll be open to the approach. The threshold of "high value" is higher in situations where she is wearing her earbuds vs. when she isn't. When she's wearing her earbuds, she will only entertain an approach from guys who display the best physiques and/or possessions displaying wealth.

Most guys (even guys who are a compelling dating option) won't meet this threshold for a variety of reasons. Many of these guys would be better off approaching at a time when she's more open to fielding an approach whereas some men would need to do self-improvement before they can even consider the concept of timing an approach.

There are times that approaching a woman wearing earbuds will be awkward and it's often because the woman is annoyed to be fielding the approach.

I have done a few approaches on a woman wearing earbuds but I'll do those with stronger IOIs. When a woman isn't wearing earbuds, I won't require IOIs to the extent that I would require them with earbuds.

We_ArE_VeNOM

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
I partially disagree with this. I like the idea of keeping a conversation short but the conversation should be at least long enough to give you a good idea that a first date will be successful and has a higher probably of resulting in a second date. I think you need at least a 5 minute conversation to do that in most cases.
Game recognize game.

But a couple things here..

Please keep in mind, bro, that I am of the Alan Roger Currie camp.

And of that camp and philosophy, we despise trivial, meaningless conversation.

The conversation has to lead in to making shiit happen, whether date or otherwise.

The OP claims to be having 5 minute conversations that leads to absolutely NOWHERE...and that's what we should try to prevent.

Second, we should (in my opinion) do our best cut our losses.

To help drive home my point, it is story time!! (I know, I have a story for everything lol).

So, a couple months ago, there was a chick who caught the same bus on my route.

She is light skinned, had dreadlocks, slim, and big boobies.

I saw her maybe twice before I hollered at her...one time after getting off my first bus in transition to my second one, I saw her sitting at the bus stop.

Perfect opportunity, I had to get at her.

I approached her while she was sitting at the bus stop.

Me: Excuse me miss, are you single?

She looked up at me with surprise and confusion.

Her: Are you gonna even ask me my name first? No "hi, what is your name"?

Me: Well, if you ain't single, your name is irrelevant.

She gave a "thinking" look and nodded her head in agreement.

Her: You have a point.

And from there, we had a nice, long conversation as we waited for the bus.

I was charming, humorous, and witty.

I had a quick, sharp response to everything she threw at me and I made her laugh a lot.

We vibed quite well.

Our bus came, and we hopped on.

On the bus we conversed more.

I gave her my number, and she texted me her name.

My exit came before hers, and we exchanged parting pleasantries.

A few hours later, I texted her back.

Her responses: ...........

*Crickets*

So, guess what...Mode X time.

I sent her a nasty message.

Her responses: ........

*Crickets*

I haven't seen it spoken to her since.

So, what is my point?

The point is, I spent OVER 5 minutes engaging in charming, flattering conversation with her

If she was going to reject me anyway, I might as well have been direct to whereas I exerted less energy and also less of an ego bruiser.

That is why direct game is more superior than any indirect or Mode 2 behavior.

On a pure street approach, it might be more difficult to get 5 minutes of attention. I tend to do more park and walking path approaches than pure street game approaches. Most US cities are not well set up for pure street game but some cities have spots that are good for park and walking path type game. In park/path type game, the women are already in leisure time mode (especially on a weekend afternoon when I typically do park/path game) so I can get 5 minutes of conversation based on my timing and structuring of the approach.
Long conversations can work...but if they don't, time was wasted.

Would you rather waste more time, or less time?

Yes and no. Earbuds are used by women in part to reduce approaches. When a woman is wearing earbuds, she is trying to signal to the world that she isn't open to human interaction.
That^.

Orrr, she could be simply listening to music or a podcast.

That said, if she sees you have enough value, she'll be open to the approach. The threshold of "high value" is higher in situations where she is wearing her earbuds vs. when she isn't. When she's wearing her earbuds, she will only entertain an approach from guys who display the best physiques and/or possessions displaying wealth.

Most guys (even guys who are a compelling dating option) won't meet this threshold for a variety of reasons. Many of these guys would be better off approaching at a time when she's more open to fielding an approach whereas some men would need to do self-improvement before they can even consider the concept of timing an approach.

There are times that approaching a woman wearing earbuds will be awkward and it's often because the woman is annoyed to be fielding the approach.

I have done a few approaches on a woman wearing earbuds but I'll do those with stronger IOIs. When a woman isn't wearing earbuds, I won't require IOIs to the extent that I would require them with earbuds.
Earbud approaches can be awkward...but if she is fine enough (or in my case, if her titties are big enough :p)

Fukka earbuds, I'm approaching REGARDLESS.

Last edited:

Mahmudul Hasan

Don Juan
Reaction score
i am kinda confused as to are these guys replying actually experts who have talked to a lot of women or just internet guys trying to share their philosophies but never done it

I_have_BDE

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Street approach only worke somewhere like nyc, Chicago etc. Where people still walk everywhere like to the subway. Not drive.

SW15

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
The disappearances of third places is definitely a good point. Cold approaching a stranger while they are running errands or performing a task is always going to be a hurdle.
Street approach only worke somewhere like nyc, Chicago etc. Where people still walk everywhere like to the subway. Not drive.
I agree with the idea that "3rd places" are disappearing in the United States. I disagree with the idea that the disappearance of "3rd places" impacts street approaches. The disappearance of "3rd places" impacts daygame in general, but different types of daygame than random street approaching. The disappearance of "3rd place" would be more likely to affect mall approaching, bookstore approaching, gym/fitness class approaching, park/path approaching, or coffee shop approaching. All of those venues of non-bar, "daygame" venues, just like a random city street is also "daygame".

The biggest reason why street approaching isn't viable in most USA cities is because of the design of most USA cities. A good portion of USA cities experienced their biggest growth phase after automobiles replaced subways, trolleys, streetcars, and walking as the means of getting from one place to another. Cities like Dallas, Houston, Nashville, and Phoenix would be automobile era high growth cities. When someone considers a place like Dallas or Phoenix, these are cities that aren't pedestrian centric and there isn't a lot of a need to be a pedestrian. That affects street game. I wouldn't even recommend anyone try street game in either Dallas or Phoenix.

The pedestrian-centric USA cities where street approaching might be a possibility are the older Eastern and Midwestern cities: New York City, Boston, Chicago, Philadelphia, Baltimore, and Washington DC. Even in cities conducive for street approaches, it is always a hurdle that the person will be annoyed about being stopped while trying to go from one place to another and live their life. There isn't much of a way around that in pure street game other than to try to do more of park/path game, bookstore game, or coffee shop game where it is clear the woman is more on her leisure time, especially when doing this on a weekend afternoon.

The Sun Belt cities in the South and Southwest aren't made for street game though there are daygame options in Sun Belt cities. I will give examples below.

It might be a viable option to do path game in Dallas (Katy Trail) or Phoenix (Piestewa/Camelback hiking paths). In my experience in Phoenix, it is better to use Piestewa or Camelback as a place to go on a first or second date with someone in the October - April time period rather than try to pick off solo/2-3 set female hikers/path walkers and find dates that way. As for Katy Trail in Dallas, it's a little bit more friendly towards approaching solo walkers or groups of 2-3 girls walking. However, most females on the Katy Trail use earbuds to reduce the potential of fielding approaches.

Grocery store game and mall game are similar across US cities, though they are impacted by the third place phenomenon.

inquisitor

Senior Don Juan
Reaction score
i am kinda confused as to are these guys replying actually experts who have talked to a lot of women or just internet guys trying to share their philosophies but never done it
Funny you said that.

One of the few times I even remotely did "street game", so far, was in my university. The girl approached me. Granted, I was walking around the campus oval alone, at nighttime, very slow, and backwards sometimes, and somehow, she found me interesting. We met eyes while I walked, and she sat by a tree. She then asked me what time it was, so I told her. Seeing as we were walking the same path, I jumped on the opportunity and asked her if she's studying.

That night, my goal was just to walk and think. Seeing the opportunity laid in front of me, I applied game. I now had a different goal - I would talk to this girl, doesn't matter how it ends - just that I experience conversing with another girl. No strings attached in my mind. So, I asked about where she lived, what she wanted in life, what personalities we had. She asked me those, and more as well. We just walked around the campus, around the streets, us telling stories and making each other laugh, and then she kissed me on the lips, on the bleachers of a remote institute a mere one hour of conversation later. We never met again after that night - we both agreed not to meet again. And yes, there were moments of silence which enriched our conversation.

My advice would be: what do you want?

You want a number/social media account? Tell her you want to have it. You want to date? Tell her where and what time.

In the case I mentioned, I had free time, she approached me, and I wanted to talk to her. So I did.

If I let her alone after she asked what time it was, nothing would have happened. Didn't matter even if I was lucky, which I certainly was.
We talked because I wanted to, not just because she approached me. Don't even bother with asking about my looks, money, or status. My height is between 5' and 6', I didn't buy her anything, and I was just a student.

What do you want?

FlexpertHamilton

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Yes and no. Earbuds are used by women in part to reduce approaches.
Women in normal public places who wear earbuds with their hair tied up, hats, sunglasses, that whole getup is indicative of an inflated ego. They're clowns. They think they're a fvcking celebrity who is the star of her own movie and people are unworthy of interacting with her. Screams insecure narcissism. Not even worth trying to approach those women imo. Personally I don't like the mindset of thinking it's fair game to approach any women you see. Much better to be selective and only talk to women who give IOIs or otherwise look warm and receptive. Screening women applies to approaches too, and I'd suggest trying to limit the number of NPDs you interact with.

Manure Spherian

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Most people are busy with their lives. Not constantly checking out strangers.
Well yes. I’m just someone who would not speak to women without IOI’s.