Discontent Towards Boomers

kavi

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
I see value in wiping my ass after I take a dump, I think you do too? Should we have the government take care of that for us too?

And what kind of a weird non sequitur is your post to this to the discussion?
If men walked around without wiping their ass then ofcourse the gov should make a law to ensure men wipe before coming out.

its just based on the knowledge that wiped asses are better than non-wiped hence there is no reason for individualism because we know there is no value in non-wiped configurations.

The post is not exactly a non-sequitor.

The difference between Boomers and Younger Generations seem to be exactly this. Boomers just continue making money. But yoiunger generations are questioning the moral framework under which economic growth is happening.

A good example is Tinder. The boomer gov is incapable of understanding the dating market. Now Tinder is coming out with a 500 dollar monthly membership. This can only further detoriorate the dating world.

We all know how TInder and OLD ruined the dating market,ppl blame young ppl but the whole system is driven by greed and capitalism, and the boomers who are in power are not doing anything to rectifiy the dating market, they actually think Tinder making money from pushing a hookup culture is good for the economy and they should be praised blah blah. We can blame indivduals all we want but at the end of the day there is big money pushing hookup culture so they can make money from it, and the negative effects of that are not being acknowledged by the boomer capitalists.

Ofcourse Tinder makes money from Hookup Culture they wouldnt make money if ppl were in LTRs cos no one would be on TInder.

Last edited:

CornbreadFed

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
A good example is Tinder. The boomer gov is incapable of understanding the dating market. Now Tinder is coming out with a 500 dollar monthly membership. This can only further detoriorate the dating world.
WTF does Tinder have to do with baby boomers :rofl:

kavi

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
WTF does Tinder have to do with baby boomers :rofl:
Cant you follow the convo im talking about boomers and capitalism.

All their investors are gonna be boomers.

The younger generation are capable to discussing whether Tinder and such things are to the benefit or detriment of society. Boomers are not capable of having this discussion, they are living in a different world. While boomers remain in power and dont allow younger ppl to have these conversations at a larger, national scale, the provblems with relationships will not be solved.

Tinder and similar businesses are making money destroying the dating market and we cannot even have this conversation until boomers step back from the levers of power.

This is happening to every part of society not just dating.

Bigpapa

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
It’s not just inflation, our jobs aren’t as stable and take more time and money to get in to. Yes, we can make 100k, but that took student loan debt, 5 plus years of schooling, and etc. Politics aside, the boomers benefited from more government than my generation. The only thing I ever remember receiving from the government was the Covid stimulus check.
That”s pure bullsh1t

I paid a contractor 2k euros + materials to paint my walls of 2 bedroom apartment in Spain ( way poorer country than USA ) . 2k is the average salary in Madrid or a Barcelona ( the richest cities in Spain ) . And it actually took me a while to get this quote as on average it was like 2.5k

It is a job that took 2 days. 1 day of you are super eager.
Start at 6 am and finish at 6-7 pm

Every contractor when something broken asks for a lot of money. Electricians, plumbers, etc. even a very simple thing costs that takes 10 minutes to fix costs like 100 euros

And you do not need any debt or going to college to be a contractor for these kind of stuff.

By the time your friends graduate college you can be a master electrician ( you have a small salary as an apprentice but neverless you will not make debt ) and set up your own shop

But yeah, I agree… you have to actually work something that most people are not ok with :)

Even going to college, if you are not ok with manual jobs like I mentioned above , is quite affordable if you go the public universities ( the vast majority of them are well ranked too ). Costs like 5k a year to go to one of them + further discounts if you are at least a decent student. They have quite high admission rates too

Stop blaming others for your poor decisions

You want freedom, it comes with a cost

In communism everything is planned and you have nothing to say. In that kind of society you can blame the government. But even there, usually the competition is so tight that only the bright ones actually go where they should be

The government is not telling you what to do, it just gives you options as they think that the individual is smart enough to make the best choice for him. Clearly is not the case though :)

CAPSLOCK BANDIT

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
That”s pure bullsh1t

I paid a contractor 2k euros + materials to paint my walls of 2 bedroom apartment in Spain ( way poorer country than USA ) . 2k is the average salary in Madrid or a Barcelona ( the richest cities in Spain ) . And it actually took me a while to get this quote as on average it was like 2.5k

Every contractor when something broken asks for a lot of money. Electricians, plumbers, etc. even a very simple thing costs that takes 10 minutes to fix costs like 100 euros

And you do not need any debt or going to college to be a contractor for these kind of stuff.

By the time your friends graduate college you can be a master electrician ( you have a small salary as an apprentice but neverless you will not make debt ) and set up your own shop

But yeah, I agree… you have to actually work something that most people are not ok with :)

Even going to college, if you are not ok with manual jobs like I mentioned above , is quite affordable if you go the public universities ( the vast majority of them are well ranked too ). Costs like 5k a year to go to one of them + further discounts if you are at least a decent student. They have quite high admission rates too
You have no clue what you are talking about.

The trades are a mess today except for contractors, as a Journeyman finding work is exceedingly difficult because most places expect a journeyman to work 3 apprentices, sometimes more, the reason why is because the outfit being paid pays for all the positions to be filled by journeyman, then the outfit hires a single journeyman, a bunch of apprentices and pockets the difference.

If you knew what you were talking about at all you'd of noticed the shift that tradesman have made from using their trade to computer sciences and IT.

EyeBRollin

Master Don Juan
Reaction score

My aunt (born in 1951) made todays equivalent of $150 / hr working in a factory with just a high school education. At a time before her health deteriorated, she owned 6 houses. Explain how common this is for millennials.

Bigpapa

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
You have no clue what you are talking about.

The trades are a mess today except for contractors, as a Journeyman finding work is exceedingly difficult because most places expect a journeyman to work 3 apprentices, sometimes more, the reason why is because the outfit being paid pays for all the positions to be filled by journeyman, then the outfit hires a single journeyman, a bunch of apprentices and pockets the difference.

If you knew what you were talking about at all you'd of noticed the shift that tradesman have made from using their trade to computer sciences and IT.
Dunno man, you can never find a good electrician or a plumber.so for sure there is a lot of potential for a decent amount of people to get a decent payday out of these kind of jobs

Being paid sh1t ( during your apprenticeship ) is better than to go to a sh1t university and get a diploma in something that is not marketable on the job market ( and basically end up with big debt and no skills to make living )

CornbreadFed

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
The younger generation are capable to discussing whether Tinder and such things are to the benefit or detriment of society. Boomers are not capable of having this discussion, they are living in a different world. While boomers remain in power and dont allow younger ppl to have these conversations at a larger, national scale, the provblems with relationships will not be solved.
I have never given Tinder a dime and I have gotten so much tail off of the app. As a younger generation member, I see it as a benefit.

That”s pure bullsh1t

You do realize if the younger generation was to eat the blue-collar hype cope, the market would do a 180? I don't care how much an electrician makes, I would rather make 6 figures and sit on my ass in an AC office environment or in my own house. I was a credit underwriter before my previous job and there were a lot of broke electricians and skilled laborers with bad credit, so this dream isn't guaranteed. If everyone was an electrician, there would be no tech for you to spew this blue-collar cope on? Last question, what is your profession of work?

Average pay for an electrician is $27.92 per hour which equates to around 58k a year

https://www.indeed.com/career/electrician/salaries

Average pay for a Software Engineer is $116,941 a year

https://www.indeed.com/career/software-engineer/salaries?from=top_sb

I understand not everyone is meant for college, but I hate the BS blue-collar anecdotal wet dream crap being spewed on the internet.

Last edited:

Bigpapa

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
My aunt (born in 1951) made todays equivalent of $150 / hr working in a factory with just a high school education. At a time before her health deteriorated, she owned 6 houses. Explain how common this is for millennials.
Why Don”t you work like a plumber today for example , and make more than what your aunt was making working in a factory. You only need a high school education to do that

You would have 12 houses by the time you would retire

Quite sure that the standards Of working today are way better than 40 years ago when your aunt was working in the factory

CAPSLOCK BANDIT

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Dunno man, you can never find a good electrician or a plumber.so for sure there is a lot of potential for a decent amount of people to get a decent payday out of these kind of jobs

Being paid sh1t ( during your apprenticeship ) is better than to go to a sh1t university and get a diploma in something that is not marketable on the job market ( and basically end up with big debt and no skills to make living )
Your not wrong but what is the point when the pickings are slim once your done being an apprentice

EyeBRollin

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Why Don”t you work like a plumber today for example , and make more than what your aunt was making working in a factory. You only need a high school education to do that
Cap. The owners and master plumber make that kind of money. My aunt was a simple factory worker. They are lucky to make $25 / hour today.

Bigpapa

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
You can also be a truck driver

Look man, seriously now… if you are a serious truck driver I am quite sure that you can make 100k a year

But yeah, you still have to work

IMG_2938.png

Last edited:

Bigpapa

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Not to mention that you can become a barber, a good barber asks for 50 dollars per cut. You can easily cut 2-3 guys in an hour

A bad barber is like 30 dollars and you can easily cut 3-4 guys in an hour

If you become really good you can ask even 100 dollars per cut ( especially in a big city )

You don’t even have to graduate from
High school to do this

If you get 10 guys a day to cut their hair. You make from 300 to 500 dollars a day. Multiply this with 7 days a week ( as you can easily do it since you work maximum
2-3 h a day ) you can make 2.1k - 3.5k a month in a small city as a side hustle ( cutting hair after you finish your normal job )

I have a friend that only works in the weekends or events and has a food truck. In a country where you pay 10 dollars for a hot dog at a food truck ( most likely in USA is 20 dollars ) he sells like 200-300
Hot dogs a day. He makes like 4-5k a weekend with his food truck. Most likely in the USA you would make 10k

Last edited:

CornbreadFed

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Not to mention that you can become a barber, a good barber asks for 50 dollars per cut. You can easily cut 2-3 guys in an hour

A bad barber is like 30 dollars and you can easily cut 3-4 guys in an hour

If you become really good you can ask even 100 dollars per cut ( especially in a big city )

You don’t even have to graduate from
High school to do this

If you get 10 guys a day to cut their hair. You make from 300 to 500 dollars a day. Multiply this with 7 days a week ( as you can easily do it since you work maximum
2-3 h a day ) you can make 2.1k - 3.5k a month in a small city as a side hustle ( cutting hair after you finish your normal job )
So, what happens when everyone decides not to go to college and floods the truck driver, barber, electrician, and plumber markets?

Bigpapa

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
So, what happens when everyone decides not to go to college and floods the truck driver, barber, electrician, and plumber markets?
You will have amazing truck drivers, barbers, electricians, plumbers etc

University is not for all people, as you can see in the current reality

And when people that should not go to university will stop going to universities, rates will go down and once again you will have a decent ROI on your education

My mother told when I was studying, don’t study tourism because your competition will be hot chicks and you will always lose unless you do not become gay

Actually the only advice I got from my parents was to always go on a path that no one is going due to how hard it is initially . That is why I studied statistics in college :)

You have to use common sense, but I guess that common sense is not that common

zekko

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Personal anecdotes do not address the topic at hand. Boomers had more opportunity to have a decent financial life then millennials and gen Z. This is just a fact. Any one of our individual experiences is irrelevant.
I was talking to @Stanley about parents, I'm not saying it was on topic. Anyway, I don't deny we had it better overall, but the remedy is still the same. Man up and do the work. When it comes to being healthy, no one here is going to say "Oh, working out is too hard, I just can't do it". There are opportunities today to make big money, put in the work and you'll be ahead of the game. Sitting around blaming boomers isn't going to fix anything. If we did things so wrong, fix them, it's going to be your world very soon, if it isn't already. Most boomers are geriatric, it's probably Gen Xers running things more than anybody.

So what if we had it better? It was still no picnic. Would you accept that as an excuse for anything else? A man has to make himself a success, no matter what the environment that is going to hold true. Sitting around whining like an incel will get you nowhere.

CornbreadFed

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
University is not for all people, as you can see in the current reality

And when people that should not go to university will stop going to universities, rates will go down and once again you will have a decent ROI on your education

I agree, but this advice needs to be directed at kids in High School, not projected on people that have already invested 4 plus years of college education towards a degree making more money than the average salary you put up. Plus, what is your job lol?

Dash Riprock

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
How are you as a consutling company provding value for society? Why shouldnt the state (society, community, whatever) provide this service instead of some guy with a phone and a tablet.

If this service you are providing has value for society then the state should be ensuring it exists and businesses get the level of 'consultation' they require, as this would benefit businesses, workers and the economy and nation as a whole. For that things need to be organised at a higher level.

If you are proviiding value to society then there is a moral argument that the state should ensure businesses have access to consultants, if not then you should not be operating within the economy.

Either way none of this has anything do with individual action and it has everything to do with collective understanding and action.
Where do you live? Likely not the US.

We provide career management services for businesses and individuals so we serve a huge purpose and need by enabling business to hire, train, and keep top talent and individuals to land solid positions so they can provide for themselves and their family. We pay a ton of corporate taxes which go to providing all sorts of benefits and services for YOU if you live in the US.

Good grief man...