Girlfriend wants to live together with me

Juanto

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Hi guys. Thought I would ask your view on this, im seeing this girl for nearly 2 years and I quite enjoy her company, doesn’t give me much drama, is pretty submissive and we have good chemistry. I live alone and she lives with her parents (I’m 41 and she is 37). She has been pushing lately that we move in together (I have lived several years ago with someone else) but I feel this works better for me, me living alone and the gf living someplace else. Have you experienced something like this in your past before? I reckon if she remains unhappy with this it might be better to go our separate ways, but let me know what you think

manfrombelow

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
yes I have said no at least twice to this by now, one today and the other one around a year ago
Just keep saying no man, and if she's being too much of an annoyance, give her a soft next.

No women are worth our freedom.

manfrombelow

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Sounds like you don’t want to advance the relationship for reasons being she’s not good enough. Quit wasting both of each other’s time and just end the relationship.
He asked if he should let the broad stay in his place, not if he should break up with her. Please learn to refrain yourself from discussing topics you have absolutely no ideas about.

CornbreadFed

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
He asked if he should let the broad stay in his place, not if he should break up with her. Please learn to refrain yourself from discussing topics you have absolutely no ideas about.
You need to calm down. A little too emotionally triggered right now, are things okay?

Dr.Suave

Reaction score
Rollo has an Iron rule about this. No point living with a girl unless you are married or are going to get married in 6 months or less.

Juanto

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
I lived with a woman once and would have to think long and hard if I'd ever do it again. Being 37 and still living with her parents is not a good sign. You want someone that's your equal.
why do you say that?

CBear

Senior Don Juan
Reaction score
That's fishy af that she's 37, lives with her parents, and wants to move in with you, someone who has his own place. Clear no. Why? Because reading this makes her come off as someone who is not able to care of herself and would rather rely on others. That means that she'll want you to take that responsibility while you have someone who gets too comfortable in a place that's not hers. It's a lose lose.

Gamisch

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Though one. Despite her age she lives at home for how long now? Makes sense that she wants to move out and settle in the process. Especially at that age.

Sometimes you don't want a relationship that works to change. Good example is doing business with a good friend. When you break the distance everything might change.

Its a tough one because even when she moves out many new factors come ti the surface .Will she live close to you, what kinda neighborhood, how much she has to pay and general comfort level of the house, who will help her with EVERYTHING?

Be prepared for this" easygoing "relationship to take a hit either way. I dont wanna sound too negative, but generally speaking you'll get to know countless of things about each other that you might not like. In same cases it might work tho..

A friend of mine is now in the process of moving in with this girl he knows for one year...told him honestly that he needs to reconsider his decision. BUT , he is pretty confident that THIS time it will work...so, just an example that (plenty) people still moving in together.

Juanto

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
That's fishy af that she's 37, lives with her parents, and wants to move in with you, someone who has his own place. Clear no. Why? Because reading this makes her come off as someone who is not able to care of herself and would rather rely on others. That means that she'll want you to take that responsibility while you have someone who gets too comfortable in a place that's not hers. It's a lose lose.
SHe doesnt want to move in with me as my home (although mine) is quite small for the 2. She wants both of us to rent a place where both of us can live together.

Gamisch

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
SHe doesnt want to move in with me as my home (although mine) is quite small for the 2. She wants both of us to rent a place where both of us can live together.
Do YOU think she is :a good fit?capable of living together? has your standard in house holding , style, general rythm ect? Will upgrade your life? can always apply her part of the rent?

Also, if you'd think ahead of time, how long do you expect to stay with her? No point taking such a risk and lose whatever you have right now...

Juanto

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Do YOU think she is :a good fit?capable of living together? has your standard in house holding , style, general rythm ect? Will upgrade your life? can always apply her part of the rent?

Also, if you'd think ahead of time, how long do you expect to stay with her? No point taking such a risk and lose whatever you have right now...
Living together is quite different from dating living in separate places, so i just dont know about that one in particular. How long do I expect to stay with her? Dont know, but i Do know most relationships really dont go all the way. Hard to answer this....

Personally I feel her friends (who many have kids and/or live with bfs) have influenced her alot, and the fact that she wants to move out of her parents place. I wonder how much of her wanting out and move in with me is because of her wanting to move out from parents place.

IKO69

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
I hate it when I hear that, sometimes I forget to check under the bed to clear the bras and panties of previous guests. Then there is a lot of explaining to do :zip:

Kidding aside, this is a big step man. I would only agree to such an arrangement if I felt there was big time potential. Her moving in can potentially ruin things, a lot have fallen into this trap and their relationships did not survive.

BackInTheGame78

Reaction score
Hi guys. Thought I would ask your view on this, im seeing this girl for nearly 2 years and I quite enjoy her company, doesn’t give me much drama, is pretty submissive and we have good chemistry. I live alone and she lives with her parents (I’m 41 and she is 37). She has been pushing lately that we move in together (I have lived several years ago with someone else) but I feel this works better for me, me living alone and the gf living someplace else. Have you experienced something like this in your past before? I reckon if she remains unhappy with this it might be better to go our separate ways, but let me know what you think
Don't do it unless you plan on marrying her and even then not til you are engaged and it's only a few months to the wedding.

Last edited:

Tilex

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
I'm gonna tell you straight up that living with a chick is much easier if she's less than 25.
The older she gets, the more baggage she carries.
I mean living together can work out really well if there's great chemistry and she hardly has any baggage.
If she's close to 40, I wouldn't even bother.