Hello Friend,

If this is your first visit to SoSuave, I would advise you to START HERE.

It will be the most efficient use of your time.

And you will learn everything you need to know to become a huge success with women.

Thank you for visiting and have a great day!

Where to go out in NYC?

tksniper

Don Juan
Reaction score
The last time I was in nyc there were women everywhere. I was chillin at a Starbucks and still ran into a lot of women. This is like asking where do I find sand on the beach?

Jesse Pinkman

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
The last time I was in nyc there were women everywhere. I was chillin at a Starbucks and still ran into a lot of women. This is like asking where do I find sand on the beach?
Went back to NYC in 2022 (November), the women were just as hot, just as abundant, and the guys got a lot softer too. The pickup group I was a part of had an NYC chapter. Legit all dudes crying about how tough it is to get hot girls in NYC, meanwhile I ran through 4 different women in just my week there. Easiest city in North America to get laid.

BPH

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Went back to NYC in 2022 (November), the women were just as hot, just as abundant, and the guys got a lot softer too. The pickup group I was a part of had an NYC chapter. Legit all dudes crying about how tough it is to get hot girls in NYC, meanwhile I ran through 4 different women in just my week there. Easiest city in North America to get laid.
Where'd you go?

Last night we all went out to a place called The DL, but it was quite literally all Indian guys and girls…had fun but no talent.

Tonight my brother is hungover and may not make it out, so if I go anywhere I’d be running solo.

As far as it being easy to get laid here…I mean I haven’t seen many hot girls outside of the dating apps, but then again I’m here in Washington Heights.

devilkingx2

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Last night we all went out to a place called The DL, but it was quite literally all Indian guys and girls…had fun but no talent.
I've been meaning to check that place out but I haven't gotten around to it. Good to know what it's like.

As far as it being easy to get laid here…I mean I haven’t seen many hot girls outside of the dating apps, but then again I’m here in Washington Heights.
I haven't hung around Washington Heights much but if you're looking for white or rich girls then there's plenty to be found in the lower parts of Manhattan mostly.

devilkingx2

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Believe it or not, I’ve witnessed even more expensive drinks than NYC.
I've heard that Tel Aviv is even more expensive than New York :eek:

Jesse Pinkman

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Where'd you go?

Tonight my brother is hungover and may not make it out, so if I go anywhere I’d be running solo.

That's why. Look to my post again, I literally named the neighborhoods. TBH, as for me telling dudes where to go, I don't think that information should be free. However, I gave you a massive clue by literally naming the neighborhoods.

SW15

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
That's awesome. You've been doing approaches in Miami, an insanely competitive mating market.

All of the good stuff and nightlife spots are in Manhattan and certain parts of Brooklyn. For Manhattan, stick to LES, East Village, and Meatpacking. You're welcome.
Good info!

That's why. Look to my post again, I literally named the neighborhoods. TBH, as for me telling dudes where to go, I don't think that information should be free. However, I gave you a massive clue by literally naming the neighborhoods.
When that information gets out there, a lot of good venues end up getting ruined by excessive amounts of thirsty guys.

Last edited:

BPH

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Well, due to the ambiguity of the places I was recommended, considering everybody wants to keep the good spots a secret, and how literally everybody gave me different answers...coupled with the fact that my brother and his immediate group don't really know either...I did not have a great time in terms of meeting women.

Did I have fun? Yes, it was nice to hang out with him and get him to actually go out for a change and we got drunk as all hell.

However, this solidified my overwhelming disappointment with big cities like New York, Philadelphia, etc...

Friday night we went to The DL. Had a great time after we got wasted, but it was quite literally only middle eastern Indian guys and girls...the most attractive women there that night were the workers.

Saturday night we went to Slate. Originally we wanted to go to PHD, but their phone number was disconnected so we weren't sure if it still even existed...I made out with this girl at the end of the night but she was one of only like three women in the venue that I found attractive - and she turned out to be a 24-yr old divorcee with a 3-year old being babysat at home, which is why she couldn't leave with me or have me over.

Furthermore, on the dating apps I ended up with a bunch of matches, most of which were foreign, a majority being latina. They all had this pattern of wanting to be wined and dined first, and waited until f***ing Sunday to actually message (most were from Bumble).

Everybody in here knows how expensive NY is, so I won't even complain about that, but considering my brother lives in Washington Heights it felt like the DR every time I stepped outside considering nobody was ever speaking English.

I just really hate this city - and big cities in general, by extension. Much bigger fan of beaches...people have to actually put effort into their appearance when it's warm out rather than wearing winter jackets when its 60 degrees out like they did here.

Expensive. No idea where to go. Very few attractive women out. Fun seeing my brother but f*** this place.

Stanley

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
I just really hate this city - and big cities in general, by extension. Much bigger fan of beaches...people have to actually put effort into their appearance when it's warm out rather than wearing winter jackets when its 60 degrees out like they did here.
I don't like big cities either, but come to Chicago during summer and you'll have a good time and get a 'beach' to boot. ;)

All in all at least you had a good time right? Who cares if ya didn't get laid. You had some time to kick it with your brother then that seems more worthwhile then banging some early 20s divorcee clubrat. I'm off to a new city for vacation tomorrow, could care less about the girls/game as i'm there to have a good time.

I don't think one trip to a city you've never been is a good benchmark for what defines a city you dig. I also wouldn't place blame on the folks here who tried to tell you where to go either. It is a big ass city and there are lots of things to do and experience.

EyeBRollin

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
NYC is good for having the best volume on dating apps and the incredible after work happy hour scene (pre-covid). I don’t think it’s ever been known for clubs…

SW15

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
NYC is good for having the best volume on dating apps and the incredible after work happy hour scene (pre-covid).
NYC has been known for a better than average swipe app experience for men as compared to a lot of other cities, particularly the Western US cities/Sun Belt cities.

I consider after work happy hours to be a better nightlife venue approaching option than later nights at the bars on Fridays and Saturdays. I think that's applicable to all areas, but it's good to know that New York once excelled at it. I'm hearing that work-at-home in white collar has diminished this in NYC. I haven't done a lot of weekday, post work happy hour approaching in recent years in Dallas.

EyeBRollin

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
I think that's applicable to all areas, but it's good to know that New York once excelled at it. I'm hearing that work-at-home in white collar has diminished this in NYC.
From what I’ve seen post-covid, it definitely diminished the after work scene. Pre-covid, most of the bars were club packed from 5-8 pm on weekdays. Thursdays were even more crowded.

Millard Fillmore

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
I lived in NYC for a dog's life and then some. However I'm not a club guy. Best times I had in Manhattan were the East Village and Lower East Side, Alphabet City, West Village, Hell's Kitchen, Tribeca and Soho, Cobble Hill/Carroll Gardens/Red Hook in South Brooklyn. More boring neighborhoods (though still better than a lot of cities) were UES, Midtown, Murray Hill, UWS (though it has some cool haunts), and Financial District. FiDi is better for slaying happy hour finance chicks. Only went to Washington Heights during the day so it seemed kinda quiet to me. Astoria has a lot of bars/clubs but is full of eurotrash/middle eastern wannabe mafia scenesters. "I drive an Audi and my uncle owns a pizzeria." LIC is cool but sparse so you gotta have a destination in mind. Austin St in Forest Hills is surprisingly fun (you will meet monied locals who like to party) but it's a long ride on the F/E trains. The "express" trains that ride the brakes while the N passes them lol. Fort Greene in Brooklyn is cool too. Avoid Park Slope - snoozefest. Bushwick is a mixed bag and kinda dicey.

Williamsburg - it's okay. Lots of transplants, mostly from within the US. It's a clusterfukk. But it's got some fun stops like the Turkey's Nest and the Wythe Hotel bar. (Hotel bars in NYC are actually hip and fun - Crosby, Soho Grande, Maritime, etc. Again, rich passers-through looking to get their swerve on.) Meatpacking is club central as I remember - so I didn't spend much time there but if you're a club guy, check it out. Another hotel, the Standard, on the Highline, I think has a rooftop bar of some kind.

Wish I could help with clubs but I was more of a bar guy. Wherever you go you will probably see some hot chicks, esp. in Manhattan. If you like cheap tapas, latinas, and salsa dancing, check out Kaña on far west Spring St. Hidden gem. Nice little pocket of bars over there. Another interesting one, Madame X on Houston. Like a boudoir, club, and lounge all in one, right by NYU. Oh and during daytime, if it's good weather, go to the 79 St Boat Basin on the west side and have a beer and relax.

A night out in NYC is an odyssey. Have an open mind and see where the night takes you.

Jesse Pinkman

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
When that information gets out there, a lot of good venues end up getting ruined by excessive amounts of thirsty guys.
I remember a video with Andrew Tate where he mentioned a town in Slovakia that didn't even have an airport. You would go there and there would be plenty of attractive women available to treat you well. It was so easy for any outsider to pull. Then the town got an airport and it got famous because someone talked about it online. PUAs, American and Iranian students, and others flooded in. Soon, the vibe was ruined.

In my later years in NYC, I noticed the push for guys to move from LA and San Francisco to NYC for just game alone when remote work got popularized. They heard about NYC's good ratios and they flooded in.

My principle is that pickup forums and communities like this are full of too many free-loaders. Too many guys just want others to tell them the great venues and the great spots but the thing is, a lot of us had to find these on our own after going through a lot of not so good spots. Too many dudes ask and want but offer nothing in return.

BeExcellent

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Advice from the old lady:

Nobody is going to publish the best dope places to go on the World Wide Web for general public consumption. Please. There is a decadent club scene in NYC and there always has been. But you’ve got to be in the know to get the 411.

Years ago Studio54 was legendary, in the 1990s it was the Limelight in an old red sandstone cathedral off 6th Ave, then in the 2000s Lotus was cool…. I was too young for Studio54, went to Limelight in 1992 (still have a T-shirt from there that people occasionally comment on when I wear it rarely). Lotus was very cool right when the first W hotels opened in Manhattan as well as Sushi Samba. That was all around 2000 timeframe.

But now the W Hotel is a world wide chain, Sushi Samba is now franchised out to at least Chicago and Vegas, and is no longer geared toward the hip and cool like during its infancy.

In NYC the hottest clubs NEVER have a sign. Once they get a marquee they are already played out as far as the cool crowd is concerned, nightlife patrons are fickle as hell and capricious, and the club du jour is ever changing. Restaurants and bars aren’t like that. You can get a great meal at the bar at many places. Some are well established & still hip, but they are pricey. I like Mercer Kitchen at the (Soho) Grand Hotel, great restaurant and great lounge as an example. That’s in one of the areas noted by others here. There are lots of places that have a residual cool factor to them but the nightclubs are always secret & exclusive & expensive.

So here’s how you find out where to go as a non-local.

1. Know someone who is actively in the scene. If I were to go out in NYC I’d know where to go in one or two texts through my social circles.

2. Pick a hip hot restaurant where the cool people flock, get to chatting with an attractive server & ask. But you gotta have a certain moxy about you for this to work. Service industry people have the inside scoop but they aren’t going to spill the 411 to just anybody. If they get the right vibe from you they’ll share the hot spot. I’ve done this before (but disclaimer I’m a hot chick). It doesn’t hurt to be a hot chick or go out with a hot chick. Beautiful women are who they most want at the exclusive nightclubs and they are most likely to get the intel as an outsider.

3. Use the internet to get the inside track. That option is FAR less effective as you can see just from this thread. You are much better off using the web to find the cool restaurants or hotels and then find out the cool spot by chatting with people there.

I’m not going to give out current tips here just like others. But trust me, I know how to find the cool places ;)

devilkingx2

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Well, due to the ambiguity of the places I was recommended, considering everybody wants to keep the good spots a secret, and how literally everybody gave me different answers...coupled with the fact that my brother and his immediate group don't really know either...I did not have a great time in terms of meeting women.
You're supposed to go out and try a lot of different places until you find the ones that work for you, it's a big city.

You also weren't really specific about what you were looking for. What type of music, vibe, women, etc.

The best spots I've found were from going to bar crawl events on holidays. So I'm not sure about the people telling you that the best spots are secret. All the spots I've heard considered the best are super expensive and probably won't let you in

Friday night we went to The DL. Had a great time after we got wasted, but it was quite literally only middle eastern Indian guys and girls...the most attractive women there that night were the workers.
You can hit on bartenders and waitresses too.

Saturday night we went to Slate. Originally we wanted to go to PHD, but their phone number was disconnected so we weren't sure if it still even existed...I made out with this girl at the end of the night but she was one of only like three women in the venue that I found attractive - and she turned out to be a 24-yr old divorcee with a 3-year old being babysat at home, which is why she couldn't leave with me or have me over.
Sounds like Slate is a solid place. Gotta check that out.

I've never been to Miami but I've always wanted to go.

Jesse Pinkman

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Advice from the old lady:

Nobody is going to publish the best dope places to go on the World Wide Web for general public consumption. Please. There is a decadent club scene in NYC and there always has been. But you’ve got to be in the know to get the 411.

Years ago Studio54 was legendary, in the 1990s it was the Limelight in an old red sandstone cathedral off 6th Ave, then in the 2000s Lotus was cool…. I was too young for Studio54, went to Limelight in 1992 (still have a T-shirt from there that people occasionally comment on when I wear it rarely). Lotus was very cool right when the first W hotels opened in Manhattan as well as Sushi Samba. That was all around 2000 timeframe.

But now the W Hotel is a world wide chain, Sushi Samba is now franchised out to at least Chicago and Vegas, and is no longer geared toward the hip and cool like during its infancy.

In NYC the hottest clubs NEVER have a sign. Once they get a marquee they are already played out as far as the cool crowd is concerned, nightlife patrons are fickle as hell and capricious, and the club du jour is ever changing. Restaurants and bars aren’t like that. You can get a great meal at the bar at many places. Some are well established & still hip, but they are pricey. I like Mercer Kitchen at the (Soho) Grand Hotel, great restaurant and great lounge as an example. That’s in one of the areas noted by others here. There are lots of places that have a residual cool factor to them but the nightclubs are always secret & exclusive & expensive.

So here’s how you find out where to go as a non-local.

1. Know someone who is actively in the scene. If I were to go out in NYC I’d know where to go in one or two texts through my social circles.

2. Pick a hip hot restaurant where the cool people flock, get to chatting with an attractive server & ask. But you gotta have a certain moxy about you for this to work. Service industry people have the inside scoop but they aren’t going to spill the 411 to just anybody. If they get the right vibe from you they’ll share the hot spot. I’ve done this before (but disclaimer I’m a hot chick). It doesn’t hurt to be a hot chick or go out with a hot chick. Beautiful women are who they most want at the exclusive nightclubs and they are most likely to get the intel as an outsider.

3. Use the internet to get the inside track. That option is FAR less effective as you can see just from this thread. You are much better off using the web to find the cool restaurants or hotels and then find out the cool spot by chatting with people there.

I’m not going to give out current tips here just like others. But trust me, I know how to find the cool places ;)
Partied in NYC for years and yes, went to a lot of the cool spots that I still won't mention. However, NYC nightlife works the way it does and is the way it is because locals have seen how the wrong crowds can practically ruin it. Here is how it usually works from my experience.

1. Locals and those rich enough to live in Manhattan find out about a spot and go there, occasionally they'd just go to a spot and it turns into that kind of place overtime. There is a special class to these people, like almost an invisible language. They are usually attractive, educated, not falling victim to the flashy show off culture (Manhattan is like that), and words cannot describe it. Let's just say that these people know how to party but are not like the flashy fake wealthy clout chasers you'd find in Miami.

The thing is that these people are actually very nice people and will socialize with you once you are in. They are far better than the people you'd deal with in the outer boroughs or suburbs.

2. Spot is usually in a very hard to find place. It could be downstairs of a fancy restaurant or upstairs of a given spot. On the outside, it looks very dry and unassuming but once you get in, it is a party. I am talking mad ratios where it is 80 girls to 20 guys type of stuff. Again, almost all of these people are from Manhattan or live there because they can afford to. The guys get to be around hot girls and hot girls get to be around cool classy guys that are well educated and respectful while still having some tight game.

3. Door guys and everyone is picky as heck about who they let in. I can tell you, they hate "Bridge and Tunnel" people and I have seen them turn away hot girls with a Jersey ID. It was hilarious to see some Jersey chick with a big ego shut down and turned away, their reactions are hilarious as that happens. The reasoning for them doing this is because the people in Manhattan know how rowdy, trashy, and irritating people from outer boroughs can get and how things like fights and sleazy creepy guys can happen more in a given venue so they turn them away.

4. For a while, it is that exclusive Manhattan crew full of hot girls and a few privileged guys that just "get it". This is the apex of Manhattan nightlife and you start to realize that these are the people that make Manhattan and New York such a pleasant place to live. I have been blown away by how respectful, classy, and cool a lot of these people are. Almost all of the men are driven and doing something important with their lives. The women are usually from well off families and tend to be from Manhattan or Westchester County's better off towns.

Worldly, educated, and classy are the words I'd use to describe them. It always gets me how these people who have it so good and are at the top of American society are also far more respectful than some snobby suburbanite from Long Island or Jersey. The women in these crowds are also classy and cool even though they are tough to get.

5. Eventually, some of the hot girls will bring their "Bridge and Tunnel" friends, it always happens. So Classy Claire will bring in Clout Chasing Claudia from Long Island. It starts to happen more and more overtime. The reason this happens is because some transplanted guy or girl not from the city will foolishly bring their suburbanite Bridge and Tunnel, roommate, or acquaintance and then things spiral downhill.

6. The "Bridge and Tunnel" friends will then brag about them partying with the Manhattan socialites and in the cool exclusive spots and then word spreads in Jersey, Long Island, and the outer boroughs. Soon, everyone tries to bring their friends and bargain their way into these spots with some driven persistence. Door guys are overwhelmed and the owners as well as the crew inside knows it, the quality party's over. The given spot has been "discovered" by the likes of plain suburbanites, Guido trash, and Clout Chasing Claudias.

7. Eventually, the "Bridge and Tunnel" will get into these places and the vibe will change. The trashier and Guido guys are overwhelmed by good ratios so they start harassing women. Bouncers and door guys need to be more active in kicking people out. Girls are tired of dealing with "creepy" guys. Guys are tired of having to deal with a compensating Guido trying to show off his game and proceed to creep out everyone in the venue. If that wasn't enough, the guys are deflated by the fact that the classy dark-haired Irina Shayk lookalike they are used to has now slowly been replaced by Schnookies.

8. Place eventually turns into a "Bridge and Tunnel" spot (translation: trashy) where pickup artists and the "Bridge and Tunnel" crowd not from Manhattan go. All of the quality people that live in Manhattan leave it and as do a lot of the hot girls, only to find another good spot and enjoy it.

Millard Fillmore

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Great call. One thing I love about New Yorkers is they will chat you up. Contrary to what you see in movies and TV, they are really friendly. I've made instant friends with rando New Yorkers and gone on some weird nightlife journeys. Like I said before, I was never into clubs (I do remember Lotus though now that you mention it, wow...also a placed called "Fun"). So I can't speak to whether they will trust a brother enough to take him to a hip underground nightclub. But you're spot on about hitting up hip hotels and restaurants downtown and talking to staff. Clients too. Also, I ripped on the Financial District earlier, but it's got some swanky restaurants filled with big shots who, while not necessarily hip, may be out for a few bumps of coke and a night at the clubs lol. These guys can be dorky but are rich and thus have access. They usually know babes and will spread the fun around without a thought.