Hello Friend,

If this is your first visit to SoSuave, I would advise you to START HERE.

It will be the most efficient use of your time.

And you will learn everything you need to know to become a huge success with women.

Thank you for visiting and have a great day!

Anyone done speed dating before ?

Bingo-Player

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Saw there was an event on in my city next week so decided to get a ticket

they seemed to have capped it off at 15 men / 15 women

I am not expecting much with the age range firmly poked around 30-40 i am guessing it will be primarily women from failed relationships and or single mothers neither of which particularly interest me but i remain open minded to all encounters

Not something i have ever done before but i will try anything once :rofl:

Augustus_McCrae

Master Don Juan
Reaction score

I am not expecting much with the age range firmly poked around 30-40 i am guessing it will be primarily women from failed relationships and or single mothers neither of which particularly interest me but i remain open minded to all encounters

I went to one about seven or eight years ago. The person who ran the speed dating shared email lists with meetup.com. If she was short of men For a speed dating event, she would send emails to men from some of the meet up groups. I was a member of one of the groups that she emailed.

If memory serves, the allotted time to spend with each person with seven minutes. I remember that she said it could be either the shortest seven minutes or the longest seven minutes of your life. Truer words were never spoken…

The first woman was attractive, very nice body. We hit it off pretty well. However, the next three women I spoke with were so cringe worthy or incredibly boring that I could not wait to get out of there. As luck would have it, I received a work call during the middle of speaking with the third one, I went outside to take the call. Even though it wasn’t important, I came back in, apologized and said I had to leave to handle a critical situation at work. There were still eight women I had not spoken to, but I couldn’t wait to get out of there. And I never turned in any feedback on whether I was interested in seeing any of the women I had spoken with.

A day or two later I received an email from the organizer stating that all of the Women I spoke with were interested in dating me. In addition, the next one that I would’ve spoken to who I never actually met also said she was interested. I emailed the organizer back. Said I was interested in seeing the first one that I had spoken with.

We had 3 dates which went fairly well. At the end of the third date we went back to my place to close the deal. Afterward, as we were laying there talking, a lot of the stuff that she said was very weird. After giving it some thought, I decided to never see her again.

-Augustus-

Young OG

Master Don Juan
Reaction score

Don’t waste your time. It will be ugly women with no options. I did it once and the best there was a 7. The rest of the women were 4s. Plus there were more men then women. Just cause they cap it doesn’t mean it will be even. There could be 15 men and 7 women. Good looking women have plenty of options and don’t need to do speed dating.

The Duke

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
I've never been to one of these events, but I've never heard anything good either.

Bingo-Player

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Don’t waste your time. It will be ugly women with no options. I did it once and the best there was a 7. The rest of the women were 4s. Plus there were more men then women. Just cause they cap it doesn’t mean it will be even. There could be 15 men and 7 women. Good looking women have plenty of options and don’t need to do speed dating.
Yea i am not expecting miracles but would have thought as its a paid event the organisers will need to have built some structure and quality into the evening otherwise nobody would bother going

It's a very old fashioned concept in a modern world but i am intrigued to see what exactly the clientele is going to be like both male and female

Dating past 30 is not as straightforward as anyone would like to believe , speed dating can be perceived as a "last resort" but it could also be perceived as "ok i am going to take this seriously "

I mean it is A LOT more effort to go to than just signing up to a swipe app and uploading a couple of photos especially for a woman

SW15

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
There are some threads with feedback on the topic below. I liked my "structured singles events" thread, which not only covered speed dating but also covered "singles events" or "singles mixers".

Speed dating is generally a waste of time, effort, and money. The kind of woman most men want to date is not going to show up to a speed dating event. She has many other options in terms of arranging dates. Speed dating was also a waste of time in its 1990s-2000s heyday too.

So true.

I went to one about seven or eight years ago.

If memory serves, the allotted time to spend with each person with seven minutes.

The first woman was attractive, very nice body. We hit it off pretty well.

I emailed the organizer back. Said I was interested in seeing the first one that I had spoken with.

We had 3 dates which went fairly well. At the end of the third date we went back to my place to close the deal. Afterward, as we were laying there talking, a lot of the stuff that she said was very weird. After giving it some thought, I decided to never see her again.
That would actually be one of the bigger success stories of a speed dating event that I've ever heard.

Augustus_McCrae

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
What did she say?
If memory serves, she went on and on about the F’d up relationship she had with her daughter. Also mentioned very weird dreams that sounded really satanic to me. Recounted very disturbing, graphic images of nightmares she had.

In retrospect, I’m glad that she revealed all that weirdness early on instead of bringing it up later on.

It was a shame, because she had a very nice body. A real life example of the hot/crazy matrix…

-Augustus-

pipeman84

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
If memory serves, she went on and on about the F’d up relationship she had with her daughter.
In retrospect, I’m glad that she revealed all that weirdness early on instead of bringing it up later on.
With her being a single mom (I'll presume she wasn't a widow), wasn't that a big enough red flag for you? :rolleyes:

Augustus_McCrae

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
With her being a single mom (I'll presume she wasn't a widow), wasn't that a big enough red flag for you? :rolleyes:
If I had been a young man at the time looking for a relationship, yes.

I was 57 or 58 at the time. At that age, even dating 15 years younger, almost all of them have had children. I did however have a rule that I would not enter into a relationship with a woman that had non-adult age children. Made the mistake of doing that once… never again.

Interestingly enough, in that age range of women, if they have not had children that can also be a red flag.

-Augustus-

SW15

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
If I had been a young man at the time looking for a relationship, yes.

I was 57 or 58 at the time. At that age, even dating 15 years younger, almost all of them have had children. I did however have a rule that I would not enter into a relationship with a woman that had non-adult age children. Made the mistake of doing that once… never again.

Interestingly enough, in that age range of women, if they have not had children that can also be a red flag.
It seems like dating women 33-44 can often lead to a lot of issues. The 33-44 year old single moms have their own sets of issues. Even with Millennials starting to turn 40 and Millennial childlessness higher than previous generations, most 40 year Millennials will have children.

Women 33-44 years old who don't have children also present their own sets of issues that are undesirable. There can be careerism, a lack of femininity, and a lack of pair bonding from penis carousel riding. These are all real issues with childless women in that age range.

eli77

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
i posted about it i think i rather do co ed team sporting events