Hello Friend,

If this is your first visit to SoSuave, I would advise you to START HERE.

It will be the most efficient use of your time.

And you will learn everything you need to know to become a huge success with women.

Thank you for visiting and have a great day!

Can you suggest me a 4 days split

Fortune_favors_the_bold

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Long story short, I'll be able to train monday-tuesday, wednesday rest, thurstday-friday, weekend off.

I was considering a push-pull-legs where a training session happens twice a week (planning by month and not week by week) but I'm open to suggestions.

I'm satisfied from my strenght levels and size but wouldnt mind some nice recomp.

CyrusTheGreat

Senior Don Juan
Reaction score
Pull, push, legs, and cardio (hiit, anaerobic, etc. also included).

Don't underestimate cardio. Keeps your metabolism high and your body fat low. And folks who say you can't build muscle when you also do cardio are full of shvt. I do 3 weight sessions and 3 cardio sessions every week and it's working magic.

Also for cardio, I highly recommend rowing machines if you access to one. They give an almost full body workout. But it's also important to know how to use them properly.

EyeBRollin

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
4 X per week is a lot of volume for a natural. I’d advise against it. For recomp and overall health, I recommend 7,000 walking steps per day as a baseline. Then add training on top of that.

I do 7,000 steps per day, then 2-3 times per week I train the following depending on my schedule:

Workout A:
25 minutes, cardio
Overhead Press 3 sets
Deadlift 1 set

Workout B:
Barbell Squats 4 light warm up sets
Barbell Squats 3 sets
Chin Ups 3 sets

Workout C:
25 minutes Cardio
Bench Press 3 sets
Pendlay Style Barbell Row 3 sets

I just alternate A, B, C, A, B, C, A, B, C, etc etc. very sustainable and flexible split. If I go out of town for a few days I just continue my 7,000 steps per day, then resume the next workout when I get back. I’ve lost 10 lbs in 2 months on this split with no decrease in strength. Unintentionally to be honest… I was aiming for general health.

Pierce Manhammer

Reaction score
Looks like starting strength guidelines, solid split.

BackInTheGame78

Reaction score
Look up Escalating Density Training(EDT) and follow one of their workouts on a site for it they have laid out. I believe it's usually a 4 day split

Fortune_favors_the_bold

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
4 X per week is a lot of volume for a natural. I’d advise against it. For recomp and overall health, I recommend 7,000 walking steps per day as a baseline. Then add training on top of that.

I do 7,000 steps per day, then 2-3 times per week I train the following depending on my schedule:

Workout A:
25 minutes, cardio
Overhead Press 3 sets
Deadlift 1 set

Workout B:
Barbell Squats 3 sets
Chin Ups 3 sets

Workout C:
25 minutes Cardio
Bench Press 3 sets

I just alternate A, B, C, A, B, C, A, B, C, etc etc. very sustainable and flexible split. If I go out of town for a few days I just continue my 7,000 steps per day, then resume the next workout when I get back. I’ve lost 10 lbs in 2 months on this split with no decrease in strength. Unintentionally to be honest… I was aiming for general health.
I trained in my early to mid 30s MMA 5 days weekly and lifted 3 times so I can handle high volume.

You routing seems pour in terms of volume and miss all those accessories lift that support aesthetics, think of delt later raises or cable crossovers for chest.

But I like your walking suggestion, its a good way to burn extra calories without getting hungry at the end.

Looks like starting strength guidelines, solid split.
I know that routine and tried it but it didnt do much to me in terms of size and aesthetics.
Also Im in my late 30s so cant really train like that.

Look up Escalating Density Training(EDT) and follow one of their workouts on a site for it they have laid out. I believe it's usually a 4 day split
Thanks, not familiar with that, I'll have a look.

EyeBRollin

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
You routing seems pour in terms of volume and miss all those accessories lift that support aesthetics, think of delt later raises or cable crossovers for chest.
I’ve never had any complaints about aesthetics. IMO aesthetics are all about low body fat and having the muscle development show. The only benefit I see to lateral delt raises or cable crossovers vs just pressing and benching is it will not stress my CNS and CVS as much.

Deranged

Don Juan
Reaction score
Workout A:
25 minutes, cardio
Overhead Press 3 sets
Deadlift 1 set

Workout B:
Barbell Squats 3 sets
Chin Ups 3 sets

Workout C:
25 minutes Cardio
Bench Press 3 sets
Wow, I'm liking what I see here in terms of volume. Very doable. Surprised to see no isolated muscle groups after the compound lift. Maybe that's why my recovery seems like it's on the brink lately, too much volume.
What's your diet looking like with this split? Maintenance, cut or bulk?

Fortune_favors_the_bold

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
I’ve never had any complaints about aesthetics. IMO aesthetics are all about low body fat and having the muscle development show. The only benefit I see to lateral delt raises or cable crossovers vs just pressing and benching is it will not stress my CNS and CVS as much.
You're right about the correct ratio between muscles and bodyfat yet to maintain a certain size on those muscles (side delts) makes a hell of a difference from those not blessed with natural broad shoulders.

I'm also concerned about not overstressing my CNS.

EyeBRollin

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Wow, I'm liking what I see here in terms of volume. Very doable. Surprised to see no isolated muscle groups after the compound lift. Maybe that's why my recovery seems like it's on the brink lately, too much volume.
What's your diet looking like with this split? Maintenance, cut or bulk?
Caveat- I’m pescatarian.

Breakfast:
-Oatmeal mixed with Honey, Ground Cinnamon, Chia or flaxSeeds, and Organic Peanut Butter
-Apple
-Coffee with homemade creamer (blended water, bananas, almonds, chia or flax seeds)

Lunch:
Large Green Salad with spring mix, carrots
-Brown rice and Beans
-Homemade dressing (EVOO, Balsmix vinegar, spices)
-(optional, sometimes) can of Sardines or Herring

Dinner
-Vegetarian Entree or Fillet of fish (usually Salmon)
-Starchy vegetable or more brown ruce
-Broccoli or mixed vegetables
-Homemade watermelon juice (blended with water and squeezed lemons)

For snacks I just eat almonds, or more fruit. Usually apples or bananas. I don’t get hungry often though believe it or not.

Last edited:

Pierce Manhammer

Reaction score
Do rippey’s starting strength, size will come after you master the basics. Just add 5lbs per side per week on each lift.

Deranged

Don Juan
Reaction score
Caveat- I’m pescatarian.

Breakfast:
-Oatmeal mixed with Honey, Ground Cinnamon, Chia or flaxSeeds, and Organic Peanut Butter
-Apple
-Coffee with homemade creamer (blended water, bananas, almonds, chia or flax seeds)

Lunch:
Large Green Salad with spring mix, carrots
-Brown rice and Beans
-Homemade dressing (EVOO, Balsmix vinegar, spices)
-(optional, sometimes) can of Sardines or Herring

Dinner
-Vegetarian Entree or Fillet of fish (usually Salmon)
-Starchy vegetable or more brown ruce
-Broccoli or mixed vegetables
-Homemade watermelon juice (blended with water and squeezed lemons)

For snacks I just eat almonds, or more fruit. Usually apples or bananas. I don’t get hungry often though believe it or not.
Brekkie: ~300-400 kcal Lunch: ~ 450-650 kcal Dinner: ~650-900 kcal
Looks like a cut to me unless you're like 5'9" 155lbs. But what you've laid out is prob maintenance eh?
Why only eat the fishes? Dietary restriction? Ethics? I actively avoid fish as I'm land locked -no fresh, trustable sources- and ThE oCeAN WAtER iS So PolLUtED NOwADAys. Heavy metals and all that. I'd rather just supplement my DHA. The creatine and abundance of EAA's in beef make it the superior choice for the athlete no?

EyeBRollin

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Brekkie: ~300-400 kcal Lunch: ~ 450-650 kcal Dinner: ~650-900 kcal
Looks like a cut to me unless you're like 5'9" 155lbs. But what you've laid out is prob maintenance eh?
Why only eat the fishes? Dietary restriction? Ethics? I actively avoid fish as I'm land locked -no fresh, trustable sources- and ThE oCeAN WAtER iS So PolLUtED NOwADAys. Heavy metals and all that. I'd rather just supplement my DHA. The creatine and abundance of EAA's in beef make it the superior choice for the athlete no?
2 cups of Oatmeal is 600 cals by itself. Then add in Peanut Butter, seeds, and Honey. It’s more like ~900.

I went veggie due to blood pressure & cholesterol. Meat and eggs = saturated fat and salt. Some people can pig out on it but I can’t. Fish is ok- it’s PUFAs, omegas, and relative low in SFA. I don’t like taking supplements, so fish takes care of the B & D vitamins that vegans take pills for.

Pierce Manhammer

Reaction score
There is no magic bullet, you’re not goi f to go from a dad bod to swole even in a year. In my mid thirties it took me a solid 6 years to become Michealangelo’s David. Was I stronger and healthier along the way? Yes, was I jacked? No.

I had to go to a 6 day high volume split with dumbbells as well as barbells that took almost a year. Natty.

BackInTheGame78

Reaction score
Simple one is Legs, Chest, off, Back, Shoulders/Arms, Yoga/Pilates, Off.

Calves as high rep burnouts on leg day after main workout

Abs as burnout at end of other lifting days

Yoga/Pilates for maintaining flexibility. Some might not feel this is important but I can attest it is hugely important. Greatly lessens muscular injuries and prevents muscle shortening which ends up effecting growth potential and strength gains eventually.

Lifting sessions 30-45 minutes preferred. Intense workouts with short rest periods of 60 seconds or less. 30 seconds preferred. Intensity fuels results far more than time

BackInTheGame78

Reaction score
There is no magic bullet, you’re not goi f to go from a dad bod to swole even in a year. In my mid thirties it took me a solid 6 years to become Michealangelo’s David. Was I stronger and healthier along the way? Yes, was I jacked? No.

I had to go to a 6 day high volume split with dumbbells as well as barbells that took almost a year. Natty.
I used to run Gironda 8x8's twice a day for 6 weeks at a time with 12 weeks off doing other lower rep workouts to prevent CNS burnout in between them for a year...very short rest periods of 15-30 seconds between the 2 back to back exercises you picked for each group.

Other than the Pro Football workouts my trainer had me doing for a while, definitely the most intense workouts I have ever done.

BackInTheGame78

Reaction score
Yeah for those 4 days upper lower rest upper lower is the way to go.
Nothing wrong with working legs more frequently, I usually went back and forth between doing multiple leg days during the week and doing legs only once a week...

Typically when I was doing heavier compound movements like squats and deadlifts it was once a week and when I was doing leg presses and other stuff like hamstring curls and leg extensions I would split it up into quads and hamstrings/calves.