Hello Friend,

If this is your first visit to SoSuave, I would advise you to START HERE.

It will be the most efficient use of your time.

And you will learn everything you need to know to become a huge success with women.

Thank you for visiting and have a great day!

What video games are you guys playing these days?

Pedrito0906

Banned
Reaction score
Haven't played much lately but when I did it was mainly either sports(Football/Hockey/Soccer/Baseball) or RPGs like Elderscrolls Series (Skyrim/Oblivion/Morrowind), Mass Effect, Witcher series, etc...

Also some simulations like Civ, Total War, Europa Universalis, Crusader Kings, etc

All PC. So much more you can do on a PC than a console.
PC master race

Pedrito0906

Banned
Reaction score
I have most consoles but never been much of a pc gamer. Thinking of buying a Steam Deck but I need to do a little research about what pc games are compatible with setam deck but not available on consoles to judge if its worth the buy.
Bro, once you see what 144 or 240hz looks like, the smoothness of the games, it will night and day difference man. I gotta brag here sorry but I built this one. My project :cool:

Attachments

Last edited:

zekko

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
My PC is a modest I5 with 16 GB of RAM, and a fairly advanced Nvidia video card. At least it was fairly advanced 3 years ago when I bought it. With that setup I can get excellent performance out of the sim. Im about to upgrade the RAM to 32 GB.
Yeah, I will likely pick up Flight Simulator at some point. I have an i7 with 16GB RAM, and I put a Gigabyte Geoforce RTX 2060 in it. Which I guess is a fairly intermediate type of video card. I didn't really expect to do gaming when I bought the computer. So I don't know what kind of level I'll be able to run Flight Simulator at, I know you can increase or decrease the graphics level to whatever your pc can handle.

redskinsfan92

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
I have played Microsoft Flight Simulator a bit on pc and Series X, but it just wasn't for me

Atom Smasher

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Battlefield One is my game drug, (Well most of the Battlefield series really), but I have uninstalled all games on my PC long time ago because I simply don't have time for it.
It is just one of these "pick your poison" kind of thing; e.g. get shyte done in real life, or get not much done playing games and being entertained. ¯\_(ツ)_/¯

I like it though because its a fast paced game with loads of game options/game styles where you actually need to use your brain. :whistle:
You play against 32 other humans on the enemy team (64 players in all), so you need to be smart, fast and take quick decision on the go + team work with your fellow team mates.
I actually have BF one. I’ve only ever played the single player mode which I got tired of because it was just a scripted shoot-fest that didn’t give you a chance to catch your breath.

I never tried online because I figured I’d be a detriment to other players due to my lack of experience. Are people still playing this? Online I mean. I heard somewhere that it’s hard to find enough people to play.

Atom Smasher

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Bro, once you see what 144 or 240hz looks like, the smoothness of the games, it will night and day difference man. I gotta brag here sorry but I built this one. My project :cool:
Looks like you must keep a plumber on retainer. Is that all water cooling?

AureliusMaximus

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Are people still playing this? Online I mean. I heard somewhere that it’s hard to find enough people to play.
Yes, the Battlefield One servers are packed with people.
Especially since Dice made dyck move of releasing the woke and political correct Battlefield V aka. "Genderfield", so many players have shifted to BF One simply because its is probably the best game Swedish Dice ever made. The new Battlefield 2042 also flopped and is a new embarrassment for Dice. So for that reason people also go back to play Battlefield One.

You also have loads of different game modes to choose from in online mode which makes it even more dynamic and fun.
You need some patience though as a new player because the game is really skill based and you need to understand and learn each weapon which all have unique properties just the the real weapons.

All weapons in the game are mostly real existing weapon from that time era during WWI, so they do mimic the real weapons properties too. So in the start get used to that you will whacked quite a few times and don't get upset about it. :rofl:

But as it is based on exactly that, the game is actually very fair as there is no inbuilt "game balance/auto balance" which evens it out.
Many people which never played BF has a hard time to understand that as it that is quite common in other vanilla games these days, (You also often see newer players complaining about "where is the balance?" in the game chat because they are not used to this). Instead the game balance itself depending on how many new vs experienced players there are on each team side (The British vs the Germans for example).

Also Dice have a habit of never nerfing weapons but again it all "balance" on how skilled players/people are. You can have a really nasty powerful gun but a more experienced player can still easily take you out with a lighter weapon for example...

Anyway - if you have time for it try it. You won't regret it. :up:

Last edited:

zekko

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
For me mostly it’s Microsoft Flight Simulator.
Do you remember the original Microsoft Flight Simulator? It had like 8 byte looking graphics, and for awhile there I think they included it with some home computers. It was so wonky looking, it didn't have any real appeal to me then. I think my nephew had it on his computer, or else I had it on mine and my nephew would play it, I don't remember. He liked it. Things sure have come a long way.

BeExcellent

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Chess. My fiance plays Legacy and Magic Card Game or something. I don't play all the graphic stuff, but I like the tactical ruminations of chess so if he's feeling like a bit of gaming I play a bit of chess.

Atom Smasher

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Yes, the Battlefield One servers are packed with people.
Especially since Dice made dyck move of releasing the woke and political correct Battlefield V aka. "Genderfield", so many players have shifted to BF One simply because its is probably the best game Swedish Dice ever made. The new Battlefield 2042 also flopped and is a new embarrassment for Dice. So for that reason people also go back to play Battlefield One.

You also have loads of different game modes to choose from in online mode which makes it even more dynamic and fun.
You need some patience though as a new player because the game is really skill based and you need to understand and learn each weapon which all have unique properties just the the real weapons.

All weapons in the game are mostly real existing weapon from that time era during WWI, so they do mimic the real weapons properties too. So in the start get used to that you will whacked quite a few times and don't get upset about it. :rofl:

But as it is based on exactly that, the game is actually very fair as there is no inbuilt "game balance/auto balance" which evens it out.
Many people which never played BF has a hard time to understand that as it that is quite common in other vanilla games these days, (You also often see newer players complaining about "where is the balance?" in the game chat because they are not used to this). Instead the game balance itself depending on how many new vs experienced players there are on each team side (The British vs the Germans for example).

Also Dice have a habit of never nerfing weapons but again it all "balance" on how skilled players/people are. You can have a really nasty powerful gun but a more experienced player can still easily take you out with a lighter weapon for example...

Anyway - if you have time for it try it. You won't regret it. :up:
I didn’t know 2042 flopped. I remember the gender sh!t with V. I was appalled. That really turned me off to the company.
Based on your comments I’m going to go back to BF1 and get into it. It looks awesome in the gameplay footage. It looks like I’m not the only one who thought the single player campaign is bad.
Thanks for the thorough response.

Atom Smasher

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Do you remember the original Microsoft Flight Simulator? It had like 8 byte looking graphics, and for awhile there I think they included it with some home computers. It was so wonky looking, it didn't have any real appeal to me then. I think my nephew had it on his computer, or else I had it on mine and my nephew would play it, I don't remember. He liked it. Things sure have come a long way.
Yes, I remember it. The original was pretty much geometric shapes and was a slide show speed-wise. That era of flight sims pretty much didn’t interest me because all I wanted to do was shoot stuff.
Even before MS Flight Sim I had this tiny little computer that had a flight sim on it. It was called something like the “Timex Sinclair IIRC. Talk about a slide show! The frame rate was literally like 2 frames per second. Still, it was some rudimentary fun.
When Microprose came out with the first Stealth Fighter, I enjoyed that one immensely. As I mentioned in a post above, the graphics were pretty basic, but it was so much fun flying out of Bahrain while avoiding missile installations, delivering the goods and then flying home without being detected.

As I type this I think of an equivalent that applies to our age group. For us, the old-timers fondly remembered sitting by the radio every night listening to their radio dramas and comedies. They always talked about how they didn’t need video, that the fun of it was picturing the scene in their minds. Same with these ancient video games. You didn’t really need the eye candy. With a well-designed program your imagination filled in the blanks and made it a good experience. I’m sure most younger guys can’t relate to it. In the future, they will have their own fond memories of something that is primitive today.

Atom Smasher

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
I have played Microsoft Flight Simulator a bit on pc and Series X, but it just wasn't for me
I always preferred military sims because I like to shoot and bomb stuff. General flying around was boring. However, today’s MSFS is so good that it can be used for serious pilot training. The fact that you can fly anywhere in the world is insane. I like to select scattered clouds and set the time of day to the golden hour and sunset. The views you get are incredibly beautiful. You really do walk away with the feeling that you actually piloted a plane.

Microsoft put out a free add-on called “Maverick”, with modern fighters and carrier ops, but the fact that you can’t shoot anything ruins the experience for me. Who wants to fly an F-18 around and not be able to destroy something?

AureliusMaximus

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
I didn’t know 2042 flopped. I remember the gender sh!t with V. I was appalled. That really turned me off to the company.
Based on your comments I’m going to go back to BF1 and get into it. It looks awesome in the gameplay footage. It looks like I’m not the only one who thought the single player campaign is bad.
Thanks for the thorough response.
Well the Swedes are so woke, political correct these days, they even announced proudly that they have a "feminist government".

Quite embarrassing in my opinion. Even men in Sweden call themselves feminists. Never understood why really.
So many Swedish companies are doing it, like Dice forcing "the message" upon us. Wel go woke, go broke I guess.

It's just sad to se really good product being destroyed for political reasons and the worst part is maybe that they do not even understand that what they are doing is bad for the company?

Based on your comments I’m going to go back to BF1 and get into it. It looks awesome in the gameplay footage.
Its awesome, you will for sure enjoy if you just give yourself the time to learn the game and it's mechanics.

t looks like I’m not the only one who thought the single player campaign is bad
Well, I actually liked it.
Because I as saw it in a educational manner that shows the awfulness of war and what happened during WWI. It's good because its educates the younger generations of what happened back then and hopefully gives them a understanding of why this should never be repeated. Many of the younger generations do not understand/comprehend it and even worse some think that is never happened/is fake etc.

We need people to understand so history stops repeats itself.
Not of course job of a game to do it, but they did that part good I think. Its the last real battlefield series game and the best one in my opinion and many others (if you read reviews about it).

A game should mostly be for entertainment purposes and companies should keep it at that level. What their political views are something they should keep for themselves in my opinion.

Cheers! ;)

Last edited:

AureliusMaximus

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Chess. My fiance plays Legacy and Magic Card Game or something. I don't play all the graphic stuff, but I like the tactical ruminations of chess so if he's feeling like a bit of gaming I play a bit of chess.
There is surprisingly many girls are that play the Battlefield series.
¯\_(ツ)_/¯

BackInTheGame78

Reaction score
Yeah, I will likely pick up Flight Simulator at some point. I have an i7 with 16GB RAM, and I put a Gigabyte Geoforce RTX 2060 in it. Which I guess is a fairly intermediate type of video card. I didn't really expect to do gaming when I bought the computer. So I don't know what kind of level I'll be able to run Flight Simulator at, I know you can increase or decrease the graphics level to whatever your pc can handle.
I have one of the older i7's but I made sure to buy one of the last ones that you could overclock so I had it pretty heavily overclocked up to limits of where it is still stable...never gives me a problem and can pretty much still run anything.

Dr.Suave

Reaction score
Just got around to finish the Left 4 Dead games. Those games were so much fun, just pick up and play and start killing zombies.

No complicated menus, tutorials, crafting, experience points, story, etc. Just raw, simple, splits-screen fun.

Just downloaded the Resident Evil 4 Remake Demo. Hopefully I get around to it one of these days.

zekko

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
I've talked about chess on here many times. It amazes that I keep playing, and I've studied, but I never seem to get any better. I just keep playing at the same level.

BeExcellent

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
I've talked about chess on here many times. It amazes that I keep playing, and I've studied, but I never seem to get any better. I just keep playing at the same level.
It's never the same game twice. I plateau and then improve in fits and starts. Some days my mind is more attenuated than others, lol.

BackInTheGame78

Reaction score
Becoming great at chess requires a LOT of practice and studying of opening moves, sequences, etc from previous games of great players and being able to recall them from memory at a moment's notice to execute them in real time.

It's basically like working a job.

If you have never watched The Queen's Gambit on Netflix I highly recommend it...based loosely on a true story, but you get to see just how obsessive you have to be to succeed at chess in those tournaments and that's paired with having a natural talent mentally for it to think through things quickly.

Last edited: