Hello Friend,

If this is your first visit to SoSuave, I would advise you to START HERE.

It will be the most efficient use of your time.

And you will learn everything you need to know to become a huge success with women.

Thank you for visiting and have a great day!

Why do girls like guys that look very similar to them

Reaction score
Most couples I see out in public look like brother and sister to me. I always thought this was odd, but then I saw my ex posting her new fling and I saw he looked just like her brother and had a same similar Eastern European surname. One of the reasons I refuse to date black women is because I don’t want to date someone that looks like my sister, cousin, aunt, etc. My family is pretty diverse so there’s a lot to compare to; I’m even related to white people lol.

Is this just me, or am I crazy?

SW15

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
There's some basis for people dating people who look similar to each other, but not quite brother and sister. White men with brown hair are likely to date White women with brown hair. That's not brother and sister to me.

Most people do end up dating within their own races/ethnicities. It's more challenging in most cases to date outside the same race/ethnicity.

The Duke

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
-I've noticed many people that date others that are similar to themselves. Tom Brady and Gisele are good examples.

-I've also known a few girls that tend to date guys that are all similar in looks.

-My girlfriend has a lot of similarities to my mom.....body type, hair color, facial structure, personality, etc. Both come from strong German heritage. I've always thought Cindy Crawford was the hottest woman on the planet and she has German heritage.

-I've never understood why black girls find me attractive. I hear it all the time.

I think there is a lot of psychology behind physical attraction that most don't understand.

oliver109

Don Juan
Reaction score
Similar personality traits perhaps? i have noticed that many of my male friends have looked similar to myself or members of my family, also some female friends, thinking about it further i would say that it is because people of the same phenotype or racial type often seem to act in a similar way.

Kotaix

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
In-group preference is very much a real thing, although if you search for it you'll see a bunch of woke globalist articles saying how it's not real.

Jesse Pinkman

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
TBH, I feel like in most healthy societies and in most healthy males and females, there is a strong preference for a significant other that looks like them. Just my own observation but I notice that whenever women don't like or go for men that look similar to them, there is usually some red flag in them that becomes evident. In men, I notice the same thing. Guys that do not go for women of their own background or women similar to them have some degree of confidence, security and other kinds of issues and are usually more insecure than usual.

For example, I notice that natural blondes that are hot and genetically gifted tend to like blond guys. Will they go for a darker guy, minority or a white guy with dark hair? They will, but usually he is hitting it out of the ballpark in so many ways that they go for him in spite of him not looking like what they are used to, not because of it.

Every woman I have known that hated men of her nationality and race/ethnicity was screwed up in the head. Good example are the Asian girls that bleach their hair blonde and talk about how awful Asian men are. The white guys who marry these "feminine" Geishas always end up in a miserable relationship.

Similarly with guys, I notice that swarthy dudes who obsess over blonde girls usually have massive inferiority complexes about their own appearance and are trying to use women to fill those complexes. Healthy and quality women pick up on this and immediately reject these guys. They do get their dream blonde after a lot of trying but she is riddled with more than enough insecurities, issues, and other problems of her own that these guys aren't exactly striking gold.

A common trait I have seen in mentally healthy and successful men and women is that very desire to go for others who look somewhat similar to them even if they are not of the same nationality.

One of my Arab friends (Algerian) is brown and he loves Latinas, Indian women, Persian women, and Arab women the most. The guy has also dated the hot blondes other Arab dudes would give an arm and a leg for.

Meanwhile, I had a former Persian coworker who was trying to force everyone to believe that Persians are as white as the Scandinavians and was obsessed with blonde women. Needless to say he was borderline incel despite not being an ugly dude and struggled with women a lot because he was insecure in his own skin.

Whenever people obsess over a look different than their own and disregard those who look similar to them, there is almost always an insecurity as well as other major issues out there.

Bokanovsky

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Most couples I see out in public look like brother and sister to me. I always thought this was odd, but then I saw my ex posting her new fling and I saw he looked just like her brother and had a same similar Eastern European surname. One of the reasons I refuse to date black women is because I don’t want to date someone that looks like my sister, cousin, aunt, etc. My family is pretty diverse so there’s a lot to compare to; I’m even related to white people lol.

I haven't noticed that. Unless by similar you mean of the same race/ethnicity. Which is perfectly normal. Contrary to what the media and Hollywood would have you believe, most people do not have a preference for interracial dating (unless they are minorities trying to improve their social rank).

Lifeman

Don Juan
Reaction score
There's some basis for people dating people who look similar to each other, but not quite brother and sister. White men with brown hair are likely to date White women with brown hair. That's not brother and sister to me.

Most people do end up dating within their own races/ethnicities. It's more challenging in most cases to date outside the same race/ethnicity.
This is true, I am more naturally sexually attracted to black women in particular from Africa, Caribbean, Afro Latina etc. But I don't see them as much, when I am out gaming. Whenever I approach American women of European descent (white women) at least in the cities that I have been, they are a challenge. Not because of harsh rejections or anything like that.

They are not romantically adventurous so to speak, they prefer familiarity, and seem to prefer to stick to their own, nothing wrong with this at all. Whenever I talk to them they go virtue signaling mode(friendly and polite, some of it could be genuine) but romantically closed off, whenever I escalate things to that direction. The ones that I have been on dates with, were either European fresh off the boat or had some level of interest in my background.

Reaction score
Guys that do not go for women of their own background or women similar to them have some degree of confidence, security and other kinds of issues and are usually more insecure than usual.
Dude I aint screwing around with no Tamika :rofl: . Otherwise, I need a woman that's the complete opposite of a NEET and is self-driven in at least something. Also, she needs to be able to handle my dark sense of humor and wit.

Jesse Pinkman

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Dude I aint screwing around with no Tamika :rofl: . Otherwise, I need a woman that's the complete opposite of a NEET and is self-driven in at least something. Also, she needs to be able to handle my dark sense of humor and wit.
Yo I feel you man and that was not meant to be a slight in any way. However man, looking back at in my years of growing up in Atlanta (which is known for having a lot of quality black women), I have realized that black women aren't necessarily that bad behavior wise compared to women of some other cultures (which I will not mention on this thread).

TBH, I kind of feel like black women are slowly going on the up and up and women of other races are declining in the US. White women have most definitely declined and turned a lot more ratchet, trashy, and lower quality in the past couple of decades. I guess the drug addiction along with the direction western media is headed will do that to you.

You know I have nothing against you chasing other races of women and will even cheer for every dime you pull but don't sleep on black women, there are gems to be found there if you are in a place like Atlanta.

Reaction score
Yo I feel you man and that was not meant to be a slight in any way. However man, looking back at in my years of growing up in Atlanta (which is known for having a lot of quality black women), I have realized that black women aren't necessarily that bad behavior wise compared to women of some other cultures (which I will not mention on this thread).

TBH, I kind of feel like black women are slowly going on the up and up and women of other races are declining in the US. White women have most definitely declined and turned a lot more ratchet, trashy, and lower quality in the past couple of decades. I guess the drug addiction along with the direction western media is headed will do that to you.

You know I have nothing against you chasing other races of women and will even cheer for every dime you pull but don't sleep on black women, there are gems to be found there if you are in a place like Atlanta.
White women have gotten bad and that is why I don't even date white women anymore. My ex was Australian, so that doesn't count lol. Otherwise, there's only a certain type of white women I am vulnerable for, but I have lost my attraction for the vast majority of them. I hate it when black guys complain about black women and act like white women are goddesses lol. They are worse than black women imho.

If the right type of black women came along then I would be open to date one, but they tend to be in that swirling phase with other races of men. It's just easier for me to date outside my race rather than wait for some unicorn to pop up. Like you mentioned, I want to date someone like me or someone that fits my personality, and your typical Tamika does not mix well with me at all lol.

devilkingx2

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
I see a lot of lesbian couples that look like sisters too. I think it's just a diversity thing. In many places everyone looks the same

But OLD studies show that most races have a preference for their own race, so it's easier to wind up with someone of your own race if you want a high quality and attractive partner.

Murk

Master Don Juan
Reaction score

I'm confused, so your "LTR" of 8 weeks that you took back home on a 24-hour flight to meet your family over Christmas, has already dumped you? Same girl you pushed back on me for trying to talk some sense into you about?

Can you please clarify this as you're making a thread every other day about some nonsense and I don't come here enough to keep up with people's relationship status.

Did she ghost you the moment you got back from her all-inclusive paid trip or did she wait a week?

SW15

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
White women have most definitely declined and turned a lot more ratchet, trashy, and lower quality in the past couple of decades. I guess the drug addiction along with the direction western media is headed will do that to you.
White women have gotten bad
White women's attitudes seem to have gotten worse in the last 2-3 decades. White women seem to be more demanding and entitled yet offer less good girlfriend qualities to men. That's a bad combination.

It seems that while White women's attitudes have gotten worse, they have become more in-demand due to male thirst across races/ethnicities. The average White man seems rather thirsty to me and likely thirstier than he was 20-30 years ago.

The typical person is also fatter than they were in 2-3 decades ago too.

Reaction score
I'm confused, so your "LTR" of 8 weeks that you took back home on a 24-hour flight to meet your family over Christmas, has already dumped you? Same girl you pushed back on me for trying to talk some sense into you about?
No, I have like 5 exes. The current LTR is going well. Still having multiple sex sessions everyday and we are going on a Safari in Kenya pretty soon. You can calm down now Mr. Doomer.

Last edited:

Jesse Pinkman

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
White women's attitudes seem to have gotten worse in the last 2-3 decades. White women seem to be more demanding and entitled yet offer less good girlfriend qualities to men. That's a bad combination.

It seems that while White women's attitudes have gotten worse, they have become more in-demand due to male thirst across races/ethnicities. The average White man seems rather thirsty to me and likely thirstier than he was 20-30 years ago.

The typical person is also fatter than they were in 2-3 decades ago too.
Actually there is one caveat though, white women have gotten a lot easier than in decades past for sure. I mean for all races of men too. I used to never see hot white girls go interracial when I was growing up, like it would actually attract a lot of bad attention if it happened in Atlanta. Now? It is common throughout the US with almost all races of dudes, even Asian and Indian dudes in some instances.

I could see white women in a decade being like black women were in decades past. Sure, the attitude might get worse but they are going to be easy pickings for men of other races.

Jesse Pinkman

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
There is one group I wanted to bring up for OP in the context of this thread that is Asian American women. I believe that of all the American women, they are by far the most psychotic, deranged, and messed up in the head. Then lo and behold, they are the only group of women that shamelessly dismisses men of their own background. I genuinely think that there is some deep-seated self-hatred in Asian American girls because they don't just avoid men of their own background when it comes to dating, they try to proactively stop them from going for women of other races too.

One of my wings was Asian and whenever he would approach a mixed set of Asian women and women of other races, the Asian girl would proactively ****block him and stop him from talking to her white or other race of friends. Lately, Asian men have gotten their act together and are pulling white girls, Latinas, black girls, and mixed/other race of girls at far higher rates than they used to. Who are usually their biggest haters? Asian American women!

The Red Pill space never speaks about how deranged Asian American women are because a lot of these stormfront Richard Spencer types that crowd up the red pill and are off the radar of white women need Asian American women in their lives. I mean this is the perfect example of my original post and a hot trashy mess made in hell for a pairing. White nationalists that are often losers and can't get the white women everyone wants getting with Asian American women who hate their own men and will take almost any type of a white guy, including one that hates her own people.

Most dudes buy into the submissive geisha stereotype but if you have ever dealt with a Korean or Chinese American woman, I promise you that you will never develop Yellow Fever.

SW15

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Actually there is one caveat though, white women have gotten a lot easier than in decades past for sure. I mean for all races of men too. I used to never see hot white girls go interracial when I was growing up, like it would actually attract a lot of bad attention if it happened in Atlanta. Now? It is common throughout the US with almost all races of dudes, even Asian and Indian dudes in some instances.
I don't think the average White woman has gotten easier. The average White woman has hundreds of options when she opens her swipe app or her Instagram DMs. In the early 2000s (the time when I was in college), the average White woman didn't have the abundance she has now.

I could see white women in a decade being like black women were in decades past. Sure, the attitude might get worse but they are going to be easy pickings for men of other races.
Black women aren't in demand.

Almost no White men chase Black women. When White men look outside their race, they are mainly looking for either Hispanic or Asian women.

East and South Asian men aren't chasing Black women either.

Black women also aren't a common target for Hispanic men. Hispanic men tend to go for Hispanic women and White women.

Most dudes buy into the submissive geisha stereotype but if you have ever dealt with a Korean or Chinese American woman, I promise you that you will never develop Yellow Fever.
I've never been into East Asian women. You're correct that tons of men, especially White men, are into East Asian women.

Reaction score
My experiences dealing with white women in a nutshell can be summed up in this pick 2 out of 3.... Not an obvious mud shark or mega white guilt inflicted liberal, not mentally disrupted in the head, and open minded.

Most black guys opt for the open minded and mud shark, but I just cannot handle dating a girl with such low standards in men. My Aussie ex was a white guilt liberal and mentally stable, but fvck hanging out/eating with her was a pain in the arse. Tex mex & PF Changs was the most ethnic I could get out of her. The ex-mentioned in the OP was normal and open minded, but she had some BPD and would have to quote bible quotes before & during sex.

There is one group I wanted to bring up for OP in the context of this thread that is Asian American women. I believe that of all the American women, they are by far the most psychotic, deranged, and messed up in the head. Then lo and behold, they are the only group of women that shamelessly dismisses men of their own background. I genuinely think that there is some deep-seated self-hatred in Asian American girls because they don't just avoid men of their own background when it comes to dating, they try to proactively stop them from going for women of other races too.
My current GF is Asian American(east asian)/half white, and I have had a wonderful time with her so far. I am also still in good terms with my other Asian American ex(Punjabi-Indian) too lol. Your description of Asian American women sounds similar to black men in the US. Black men will opt out of black women and praise & worship white women similar to how some Asian women worship white men. I saw more whitewashed Asians in Nashville than I do here in Houston & Dallas, so I think it is more of location thing. In fact, I see more white men dating Asian women below their looks here lol. Usually, they grow out of the whitewashed staged at age 25 when they start competing with white people for jobs. I know that's when I woke up from my brainwashed stage and started becoming more self-aware of myself.

Last, in defense to the whitewashed Asian women, they aren't dating bum a$$ redneck white men lol. They are usually dating well off tech bros, engineers, or nerdy white men with decent jobs. The white "losers" that end up with these women usually have decent jobs or stability, but just don't have the personality to deal with the BS from white women. I don't blame them at all, and this is coming from a black guy haha. Most Asian women aren't trying to be gamed like most white women and they are much easier to put up with lol. Usually, non-white guys/some Latinos that date interracially take a hit in either looks or the quality of the woman when they date a woman of another race unless it's with a black woman lol.

Last edited:

SW15

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
in defense to the whitewashed Asian women, they aren't dating bum a$$ redneck white men lol. They are usually dating well off tech bros, engineers, or nerdy white men with decent jobs. The white "losers" that end up with these women usually have decent jobs or stability, but just don't have the personality to deal with the BS from white women. Most Asian women aren't trying to be gamed like most white women and they are much easier to put up with lol.
You're right that East Asian women often end up with overlooked White men. White women are obsessed with chasing "Chad" type men, so overlooked men covers a broad range of men. An overlooked man could be a 6-7 range guy with a decent white collar job, or a nerdy guy like Mark Zuckerberg in the early to mid 2000s. Mark Zuckerberg in high school and college (before he dropped out) was completely ignored by White women.

There is a lot of BS that comes from dating typical White women.

non-white guys/some Latinos that date interracially take a hit in either looks or the quality of the woman when they date a woman of another race unless it's with a black woman lol.
This is so true. I've seen this with personal anecdotes over time.