Hello Friend,

If this is your first visit to SoSuave, I would advise you to START HERE.

It will be the most efficient use of your time.

And you will learn everything you need to know to become a huge success with women.

Thank you for visiting and have a great day!

Hard Truth: There is no decent alternative to OLD

Reaction score
Nah, I went to a large public university that everyone in the US knows about.

Sure people do move, but if you leveraged your social circle correctly and moved to a big city that is a target for the school you went to, then you will likely be able to go with your girlfriend to that city, or meet a girl of a similar educational background once you move there.

For instance, a lot of graduates from my school end up in Dallas due to several well known corporations there recruiting heavily from my school, even though it is not in the state of Texas.

Really wherever you went, early on you are bound to know someone, and you can still in your 20s post graduation mingle with other fresh grads who moved to the city for professional opportunities and hopefully as your social circle expands, so will your dating prospects of ideally-aged women.
Yeah entry level jobs is one thing, but most people don't stay at their first job long anymore. There are three types of graduates and I will rank their chances of staying.

Entry Level BS/Business Jobs- These women have the lowest career satisfaction, so they are more than likely going to make stupid decisions based on their stress and disappointment. It's harder for these women to just find another job in a different city so these women move around via internal promotion or quitting and just moving somewhere. These are the type of women to do stupid shvt or travel 80 times month to compensate for their shvtty career they are chasing.

Any Graduate Student- These women are the most fleety because they go wherever which Law, Medical, Graduate School/post grad job accepts them. In additional to Medical School, you have residency too. If you decide to date a girl in this category, expect to have this talk.

Specialized careers- Nurses, Teachers, Engineers, etc- These careers have better job satisfaction than your entry level corporate/BS jobs and pay more (except Teachers). These women might be extra thotty, but they have less of a reason to leave their jobs unless their employer does it for them such as travel nursing.

Pierce Manhammer

Reaction score
One more thing. You seem to forget that a woman so devious as to keep lying about this one aspect, can't be perfect in all other areas. This deviousness manifests itself in various parts of day to day interaction. Just takes a man with his eyes and ears open.
Well not all men are all knowing and seeing as you clearly are. Good for you though! You’re clearly superior. Rock on brah.

BackInTheGame78

Reaction score
I agree with most of what you said.

However, I am convinced most men that are with attractive women met them through their social circle (this is especially true when there is a looks mismatch) There are some attractive women on OLD, but a lot of undesirables too. I almost feel many attractive women don't need to go on OLD to meet men.
As you get older social circles tend to dry up as your friends get married, have kids and have other responsibilities that eliminate the free time they would spend hanging out with friends. Eventually if you aren't careful, you are the only one left.

Reaction score
Must be a lot of Alexander Grace/Wheat Waffles fans on this site because they are the only online ones I see pushing social circle.

Grounded eagle

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
If you’re a socially awkward guy with no redeeming qualities then it doesn’t matter how you try to meet women.You will fail all the same.

OLD is and always has been the bottom of the barrel as far as meeting women goes.It’s canned and unnatural.The most attractive and best women to meet are rarely,if ever on OLD.

The problem is,most guys ARE socially awkward with few,if any,redeeming qualities.They want easy answers.They want to believe that the reason they suck with women is because of social media or feminism or what-have-you.While these things definitely play a part,they can be overcome if you put in the work.

But they either don’t want to or believe it won’t make a difference.

This is where black pill and incel guys come from.

Anyway,my point is that OLD is no way to meet women.There may be exceptions every now and then but they only prove the rule.

Slowhandluke

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
As you get older social circles tend to dry up as your friends get married, have kids and have other responsibilities that eliminate the free time they would spend hanging out with friends. Eventually if you aren't careful, you are the only one left.
Except for your friends that get divorced.... but yeah, there's sure is a lot of cat ladies and wine aunts out there when you are older. Remember hot young chicks that would say that creepy older men always try to flirt with them? As you get older, older women will try to flirt with you.... The positions are reversed. It's kind of an icky feeling... soo yeah, I think I know how young hot chicks feel now.. Always an ying and a yang... oh well...

Murk

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
C'mon man. If a girl can hide for a year that she's fvcked other guys and pretend she was a virgin she's either some extremely good actress (very unlikely) or the guy is a chump.
Some guys act tough and mighty and red pilled on this forum, but they are chumps. I was surprised to find this out. Like for instance looking back on his ex-wife and saying there were no red flags during first year of marriage. Yet they hooked up on first date AND she had ex boyfriends (at age 23).
If you think a girl can’t lie for a year you haven’t experienced many women, also the way you constantly complain and moan on here, you’re obviously not very happy either way. I advise therapy, exercise and less internet for you.

pipeman84

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
If you think a girl can’t lie for a year you haven’t experienced many women, also the way you constantly complain and moan on here, you’re obviously not very happy either way. I advise therapy, exercise and less internet for you.
Ok, so first off, I didn't say a girl can't lie for a year, I say she can't hide it for a year from a guy who is reasonably self aware and wasn't born yesterday.
Secondly, I don't know where you got the impression I constantly complain and moan, you must be confusing me with someone else.

BillyPilgrim

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
And the Pipeman-Manhammer pissfest fizzles out.

Murk

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Ok, so first off, I didn't say a girl can't lie for a year, I say she can't hide it for a year from a guy who is reasonably self-aware and wasn't born yesterday.
Secondly, I don't know where you got the impression I constantly complain and moan, you must be confusing me with someone else.
1. I disagree, if you're about your business/purpose you have to take these women at face value, check for red flags yes, but don't go inspector gadget on them. I've never asked for details or info from a woman because I never care until I somehow find out something I don't like then I care a lot. Women will lie and hide things that even the most discerning gentlemen can miss unless you stumble across evidence on phone/social media or someone reveals info to you. Otherwise, there is nothing stopping a woman from putting on a facade and lying 1+ years. 1 year is easy for them. There are not always telltale signs, I know because I managed to lie and cheat through years of relationships, it's not difficult.

2. Yes maybe, I find it hard to keep up with the usernames on here and so many whiny/autistic complainers, apologies.

pipeman84

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
I've never asked for details or info from a woman because I never care until I somehow find out something I don't like then I care a lot.
Well, I ask. And I let her talk. Always face2face, none of that texting BS when it comes to meaningful conversation. And indeed, a woman might bamboozle you on a first date, talk and act like she's a dream girl. But this act can't pass the test of time.

But hey, I'm not surprised of this stance anymore, when most guys here aren't even interested in the sexual past of a woman they consider for relationship. Or if she jumps on their dyck after a couple of dates they think it happened because they're alpha, and not because she's a hoe with low self restraint and that's a harbinger for trouble.

Barrister

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
OLD is good for keeping dry spells at bay. You can generally find a hookup every week or two from being on it - albeit not always with women you would otherwise go for IRL.

You typically will match with 1-2 levels below your own SMV on OLD consistently. Hence, why it generally is not worth it UNLESS you are simply needing to get out of a dry spell. After getting out of a long term LTR, OLD can definitely help get you back on track because it doesn't matter how you interact with these women at the end of the day. It is essentially low hanging fruit.

SW15

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
OLD is and always has been the bottom of the barrel as far as meeting women goes.It’s canned and unnatural.The most attractive and best women to meet are rarely,if ever on OLD.
I agree that swipe apps (and dating websites before them) are the bottom of the barrel. Women generally don't want to turn to swipe apps unless they can't meet anyone through their social circles and they haven't been impressed with nightlife venues, co-ed sports leagues/other activities, or their non-bar approaches at the gym and retail venues.

Higher quality women (not solely judged on looks alone) can usually find boyfriends from real life methods. There are some women in the 5-6.5 range with good personal attributes that can be called higher quality. The best looking women (7.5+) usually have sufficient options from nightlife, random non-bar approaches, and their social circles/other activities. The best looking women also have good volume of approaches in their Instagram DMs too if they need to look there, which they'll do before going to swipe apps.

What's common on swipe apps are women in the 5.5-7 range who don't have a social circle (often due to relocations). These women have some big swipe queues and full inboxes in the apps. It's common for a 5.5-6 woman on an app to be having sex with men in the 8+ range, but not being able to get extended commitments from them. After this, the real life 5.5-6 woman isn't psyched to field approaches in real life from a 5.5-6.5 range guy after she deletes apps from carousel riding, and it can be tough adjustment to settle for a 6 after having sex with 8+ men.

OLD is good for keeping dry spells at bay. You can generally find a hookup every week or two from being on it - albeit not always with women you would otherwise go for IRL.

You typically will match with 1-2 levels below your own SMV on OLD consistently. Hence, why it generally is not worth it UNLESS you are simply needing to get out of a dry spell. After getting out of a long term LTR, OLD can definitely help get you back on track because it doesn't matter how you interact with these women at the end of the day. It is essentially low hanging fruit.
Mostly true, if you're a higher SMV guy. Normies and sub 5 SMV guys aren't getting much play on swipe apps.

Yeah entry level jobs is one thing, but most people don't stay at their first job long anymore. There are three types of graduates and I will rank their chances of staying.
This was a good breakdown of women with college degrees. I'll add some of my own comments to this, mainly about women in their 20s-early 40s in these 3 categories.

Entry Level BS/Business Jobs- These women have the lowest career satisfaction, so they are more than likely going to make stupid decisions based on their stress and disappointment. It's harder for these women to just find another job in a different city so these women move around via internal promotion or quitting and just moving somewhere. These are the type of women to do stupid shvt or travel 80 times month to compensate for their shvtty career they are chasing.
This is the most common type of woman in my experience. She had either a liberal arts/social science major or a business/business-type major. These women are usually found in meaningless business jobs and a few have bullshiit government jobs. Either way, their jobs stink and their work lives are not pleasant in a lot of cases, which spills over into their personal lives. The demands of their jobs vary in range due to the commonality of this woman. The ones with less demanding jobs in this category are likely to make better girlfriends.

If their college was in a bigger city, they are more likely to stay in that city post college. If their college was in a small to mid-sized area, they often go to a larger metro area, especially if they are not in a committed relationship in the final semester of college when doing a job search. They might move a couple times between 22-35. Some might even move to a new city at the end of college with their college boyfriend.

Around age 30, some of these women in business careers get meaningful promotions to middle management and some might even reach upper management by 35-44. Some of them get MBAs between 26-34.

Bad personal life decisions are common in this group. Some bad decisions might not have too bad of consequences, such as extended no marriage/childless lifestyles. There are single moms in this group, though with increased Millennial childlessness, single motherhood is declining here (though single motherhood is more common in women without college degrees).

This is a bit of a difficult group to discuss because it's so large and varies a lot.

If a woman has multiple relocations between 21-30 in this category, the more likely she is to be found on a swipe app, especially if she's average looking or only slightly above average.

Any Graduate Student- These women are the most fleety because they go wherever which Law, Medical, Graduate School/post grad job accepts them. In additional to Medical School, you have residency too. If you decide to date a girl in this category, expect to have this talk.
This group relocates multiple times between 21-32. They have demanding jobs and are career oriented. This group is more commonly seen on swipe apps than they are seen in real life. For instance, most men who randomly approach women in real life will rarely (if ever) approach a female lawyer. However, most men will encounter far more female lawyers when swiping through the apps.

This is a tough group to date because they are career first and that doesn't leave enough time to develop personal attributes that make for a good girlfriend. They don't have enough time in the early stages of a relationship to properly develop a relationship. Also, sometimes these women are so focused on their academic discipline that they are extremely dull and can't talk about anything outside of that discipline. This is somewhat common with female MDs and dentists. Female PhD psychologists/MA level mental health counselors can be interesting in conversation and can discuss a range of topics. Female PhD student/PhD assistant professors can go either way on dull vs. interesting. For men running rotations of multiple women, some can be lower rotation plates if you can tolerate the feminist/careerist stuff.

Female MBAs with corporate careers are often obsessed with business, especially if they got an MBA from a Top 25 program. They'll incessantly talk business. Female MBAs from non-Top 25 schools are similar too. The women with MBAs are more drastic versions of the women with business careers from the last category.

Men that don't use swipe apps can mostly avoid women with advanced degrees in dating settings, though they might have female co-workers with advanced degrees. This group is overrepresented compared to the general public on swipe apps.

Specialized careers- Nurses, Teachers, Engineers, etc- These careers have better job satisfaction than your entry level corporate/BS jobs and pay more (except Teachers). These women might be extra thotty, but they have less of a reason to leave their jobs unless their employer does it for them such as travel nursing.
These can be good so long as they don't get an advanced degree. Females in STEM can be a bit weird. The S from STEM can lead to female doctors from the previous category. Female engineers can be a bit odd. A lot of men won't run into them.

Female K-12 teachers are common still. That was the typical female career before the 1970s and 2nd wave feminism. While female K-12 teachers used to be a good bet for girlfriend material and femininity, they have declined.

Nurses can have either a bachelor's degree or a trade certification. Nurses, like teachers, have seen their feminine/good girlfriend attributes decline in recent decades.

This category is the least likely to relocate, though the ones that relocate will end up on swipe apps.

SW15

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
This happened to me in my main social group. Marriages, children, and relocations affected it. I have some other friends outside that group though, but those people are mainly married too. I have one unattached/marginally attached friend.

DonJuanjr

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Remember hot young chicks that would say that creepy older men always try to flirt with them? As you get older, older women will try to flirt with you.... The positions are reversed. It's kind of an icky feeling... soo yeah, I think I know how young hot chicks feel now.. Always an ying and a yang... oh well...
Maybe guys should respond with "ewww get away from me creep!"

oldmanofthesea

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Cold approach takes work to learn how to do, but the work will make you a better person in MANY ways and in my opinion, you can't truly consider yourself as being red-pill aware until you have learned it. This is because there are myths/brainwashing about women and about social interaction that you simply must experience first-hand in order to truly believe, accept, and adopt in your life. Once you do, the benefits extend to work, platonic, and romantic relationships.

Cold approach will, on average, get you better quality women than OLD. If you are just looking to run through as many women as possible, this might not concern you. If you are looking for LTRs, this will concern you. Note that I said "on average" here because I have met some quality women through OLD, but the quality ratio from cold approach is far higher. In other words, you can meet quality women both ways, but have a higher chance with cold approach.

OLD will get you a larger quantity of women than cold approach and with less initial investment, but the quality is lower and you have to deal with a lot more flaking and women who are typically dating more men at the same time than women you cold approach. When I say the quality is lower, I mean the women are more likely to be professional daters, and their HB rating will be lower. Every girl on OLD thinks she is a 9 or a 10. On average, girls you meet at the grocery store or on the street will be more humble - in other words, you'll get to date and/or sleep with women more attractive from cold approach than OLD.

The exception to the above is for guys who live in large cities that have high concentrations of attractive women packed into places conducive to cold approaching. In this case, a guy can invest a bit more up-front time and effort to go out and cold approach for the sole purpose of meeting women. A guy who does this can get achieve the same numbers (if that's what he is going for) as a guy on OLD, and with hotter women, but there is more of a time investment. Whether that is worth it is up to you. It's personal preference.

I no longer want to invest the time to go out specifically to approach. I did for a while but I'm just not there anymore. I'm glad I did because it taught me a lot, gave me more confidence, and proved my SMV to myself. These days I just do it as I go about my daily life. Doing it this way won't get me the number of dates I would need to keep a steady rotation of 2-3 women at a time but I'm also past that point. At my age I'm ok with going through some short dry spells here and there and date 0-2 women at the same time who are higher quality or at least higher HB rating.

I will sometimes supplement my daily-life cold approach with OLD. Aside from the problems with OLD I outlined above, one big disadvantage I have is that I typically go for women 21-36, and 99% of women on OLD have their filter set to max 10 years older than them (or less). So I almost never match on OLD with women more than 10 years younger than me, yet on the street or in the grocery store I never find age to matter to women. If they think I'm hot, what do they care about my age? Usually if we ever do get around to discussing age, they are shocked and impressed that I have held up so well, and honestly I have been with so many girls where we have dated for 1-4 months and they never once asked me my age. They don't care. If they are attracted to me then that's what matters to them.

Again, there are exceptions to everything above, but in my experience, on AVERAGE, everything I have stated is accurate. I'm not going to argue with anyone who states exceptions to the statements I made above because I 100% agree that there are exceptions to everything I have said. I have experienced all the exceptions myself.

SW15

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Cold approach will, on average, get you better quality women than OLD. If you are just looking to run through as many women as possible, this might not concern you. If you are looking for LTRs, this will concern you. Note that I said "on average" here because I have met some quality women through OLD, but the quality ratio from cold approach is far higher. In other words, you can meet quality women both ways, but have a higher chance with cold approach.
This is true. I am a cold approacher because I prefer extended relationships and I want to maximize quality in my extended relationships. I have repeatedly pointed out the downsides of approaching strangers. It's still a better option for the majority of men who lack a social circle and are left as compared to swipe apps and social media DMs.

In the short to medium term, I will always think social circle is best (if the circle is already built) but sustainability in a 5+ year period of life is where social circle starts to fail because social circles have a way of getting pissed at men who don't put on a ring on it, even in semi-extended relationships. That sort of behavior causes a social circle to run dry.

OLD will get you a larger quantity of women than cold approach and with less initial investment, but the quality is lower and you have to deal with a lot more flaking and women who are typically dating more men at the same time than women you cold approach. When I say the quality is lower, I mean the women are more likely to be professional daters, and their HB rating will be lower. Every girl on OLD thinks she is a 9 or a 10. On average, girls you meet at the grocery store or on the street will be more humble - in other words, you'll get to date and/or sleep with women more attractive from cold approach than OLD.
The part about quantity in the first sentence was more true roughly 5-8 years ago than today on the swipe apps.

The flaking, ghosting, and professional daters stuff about swipe apps is still true and was true 5 and 10 years ago.

Every downside you point out here is true.

The exception to the above is for guys who live in large cities that have high concentrations of attractive women packed into places conducive to cold approaching. In this case, a guy can invest a bit more up-front time and effort to go out and cold approach for the sole purpose of meeting women. A guy who does this can get achieve the same numbers (if that's what he is going for) as a guy on OLD, and with hotter women, but there is more of a time investment. Whether that is worth it is up to you. It's personal preference.

I no longer want to invest the time to go out specifically to approach. I did for a while but I'm just not there anymore. I'm glad I did because it taught me a lot, gave me more confidence, and proved my SMV to myself. These days I just do it as I go about my daily life.
It's very difficult to find these types of cities/metro areas. I am in the biggest city of a Top 10 USA metro area. While I live in what would be considered a big city, it's not well set up for approaching and organic meeting. There's nightlife venues like any other city. It's more automobile oriented, so there's not good street game. There are grocery stores, malls, parks, and paths here but there's not a great stranger interaction culture, even with this metro area having a high concentration of adult transplants.

A person doing non-bar approaches in my large city is going to need to do dedicated approach sessions to successfully use non-bar approaching as a method. It's going to be time and labor intensive.