Hello Friend,

If this is your first visit to SoSuave, I would advise you to START HERE.

It will be the most efficient use of your time.

And you will learn everything you need to know to become a huge success with women.

Thank you for visiting and have a great day!

Hard Truth: There is no decent alternative to OLD

DreamAgain

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
OP you live in America, the land of suburbia and strip malls and a predominantly overweight population.

You should have been more keen to lock up some quality girl during your college years, now you're left with the undesirable scraps and fighting with the other hyenas for them.

Reaction score
OP you live in America, the land of suburbia and strip malls and a predominantly overweight population.

You should have been more keen to lock up some quality girl during your college years, now you're left with the undesirable scraps and fighting with the other hyenas for them.
You still run the risk of your girl hitting her quarter life crisis and dumping you for travel/career. Girls from 24-28 are the biggest pain in the @$$ to deal with.

patb

Senior Don Juan
Reaction score

Pretty much. It has nothing to do with being "keen," though. It's overwhelmingly a matter of being a neurotypical extrovert in the right place at the right time. Preferably one that didn't shatter mirrors or hunt black cats in a previous life.

SW15

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
You still run the risk of your girl hitting her quarter life crisis and dumping you for travel/career. Girls from 24-28 are the biggest pain in the @$$ to deal with.
I'd still rather deal with 24-28 women than 29-33 women or 34+ women.

At this point in my life, the only social groups I am interested in are whatever benefits me in financial success. I am not in the market of looking for some "Friends"/"How I met your mother" bro squad that's going to drain my precious free time and resources....most of these groups just do nothing but drink and blow money & time on stupid shvt.
The last time I put effort into setting up a bro squad was when I was new to my current city. At that time, I was a late 20s bro and was making friends with mostly 20 something guys, though I had some older (30+) sprinkled in away from my main group. In my first year in my current city, I was making efforts to set up both a bro squad and find women.

I've now been in my current city for a decade +. Some of the friends/acquaintances from the main friend group moved on to other cities. I still have friends/acquaintances from the main group plus a few other friends that were never in that main group. I'm comfortable with my current friends but am now about my woman life.

DreamAgain

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
A weak rebuttal and you know it. Well anyway, if your objective is to just keep increasing your notch count with any female that crosses your path, keep plugging along the OLD path.

DreamAgain

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Pretty much. It has nothing to do with being "keen," though. It's overwhelmingly a matter of being a neurotypical extrovert in the right place at the right time. Preferably one that didn't shatter mirrors or hunt black cats in a previous life.
Well this is true. Everyone I know who followed the themes de jour of society, football/sports, Netflix shows, staying up to date with the group gossip, adding everyone they ever crossed paths with on istagram, basically becoming one with the herd, is married or in a steady relationship as they exit their 20s.

Reaction score
A weak rebuttal and you know it. Well anyway, if your objective is to just keep increasing your notch count with any female that crosses your path, keep plugging along the OLD path.
I don't know if you just straight up skipped college, but most professional people move around a lot earlier now. I am 29 and I have lived in 3 different fvcking states and moved countless times since graduating. If you are dating a girl that's going to any graduate level/Medical School than expect her to move at least 3 times. I have no clue what you are smoking, but nobody just graduates college and stays in the same college town their whole life. If you decide to date a girl in this age range, then you are taking on a huge flight risk. This issue has been a huge reoccurring issue in my previous relationships and a huge reason why I ended them. Again, I am talking about college grad women, not the bobos working at Mcdonalds or Target yall be spitting game on lol. Your modern young woman with a degree is going to be extremely career driven at an early age and there's nothing y'all can do about it.

I'm not telling yall not to date this age range, but I am saying you run the risk of this girl randomly thinking that going to Law School in New Hampshire is a good idea because she's not happy with her current entry analyst level job ORRR she did so much sacrificing in college that now with her job in downtown Atlanta, she wants go thru a sex in the city 304 phase and travel to Spain/Italy every year to get a train ran on her.

Last edited:

patb

Senior Don Juan
Reaction score
I'd still rather deal with 24-28 women than 29-33 women or 34+ women.

The last time I put effort into setting up a bro squad was when I was new to my current city. At that time, I was a late 20s bro and was making friends with mostly 20 something guys, though I had some older (30+) sprinkled in away from my main group. In my first year in my current city, I was making efforts to set up both a bro squad and find women.

I've now been in my current city for a decade +. Some of the friends/acquaintances from the main friend group moved on to other cities. I still have friends/acquaintances from the main group plus a few other friends that were never in that main group. I'm comfortable with my current friends but am now about my woman life.
Well this is true. Everyone I know who followed the themes de jour of society, football/sports, Netflix shows, staying up to date with the group gossip, adding everyone they ever crossed paths with on istagram, basically becoming one with the herd, is married or in a steady relationship as they exit their 20s.
Yes, this is why the thread about it being easy to be better than 90% of men draws the wrong inferences. The sort of conformist, mediocre dufus who would camp out for whiskey is exactly the type that's in the best position to get a relationship.

DreamAgain

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Yes, this is why the thread about it being easy to be better than 90% of men draws the wrong inferences. The sort of conformist, mediocre dufus who would camp out for whiskey is exactly the type that's in the best position to get a relationship.
Yup you're exactly right.

SW15

Master Don Juan
Reaction score

Locking up some quality woman while both you and her are in college has become incredibly rare in the USA since the early 2000s. Additionally, a lot of college formed relationships fail within 3-5 years of college graduation.

If most college-formed relationships fail in the first 3-5 year after graduation, then most men will eventually have to face a mating market of undesirable scraps at some point.

The sort of conformist, mediocre dufus who would camp out for whiskey is exactly the type that's in the best position to get a relationship.
Why is a mediocre dufus best positioned to get a relationship? I thought mediocre men only got relationships within social circles or had to fight it out for scraps online? I have regularly said that most men in their 30s/40s are pusssy beggars who settle for whatever mediocre to subpar woman they can get, usually from swiping through every girl in his city on the Big 3 swipe apps.

DreamAgain

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
I don't know if you just straight up skipped college, but most professional people move around a lot earlier now. I am 29 and I have lived in 3 different fvcking states and moved countless times since graduating. If you are dating a girl that's going to any graduate level/Medical School than expect her to move at least 3 times. I have no clue what you are smoking, but nobody just graduates college and stays in the same college town their whole life. If you decide to date a girl in this age range, then you are taking on a huge flight risk. This issue has been a huge reoccurring issue in my previous relationships and a huge reason why I ended them. Again, I am talking about college grad women, not the bobos working at Mcdonalds or Target yall be spitting game on lol. Your modern young woman with a degree is going to be extremely career driven at an early age and there's nothing y'all can do about it.

I'm not telling yall not to date this age range, but I am saying you run the risk of this girl randomly thinking that going to Law School in New Hampshire is a good idea because she's not happy with her current entry analyst level job ORRR she did so much sacrificing in college that now with her job in downtown Atlanta, she wants go thru a sex in the city 304 phase and travel to Spain/Italy every year to get a train ran on her.
Nah, I went to a large public university that everyone in the US knows about.

Sure people do move, but if you leveraged your social circle correctly and moved to a big city that is a target for the school you went to, then you will likely be able to go with your girlfriend to that city, or meet a girl of a similar educational background once you move there.

For instance, a lot of graduates from my school end up in Dallas due to several well known corporations there recruiting heavily from my school, even though it is not in the state of Texas.

Really wherever you went, early on you are bound to know someone, and you can still in your 20s post graduation mingle with other fresh grads who moved to the city for professional opportunities and hopefully as your social circle expands, so will your dating prospects of ideally-aged women.

DreamAgain

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Locking up some quality woman while both you and her are in college has become incredibly rare in the USA since the early 2000s. Additionally, a lot of college formed relationships fail within 3-5 years of college graduation.

If most college-formed relationships fail in the first 3-5 year after graduation, then most men will eventually have to face a mating market of undesirable scraps at some point.

Why is a mediocre dufus best positioned to get a relationship? I thought mediocre men only got relationships within social circles or had to fight it out for scraps online? I have regularly said that most men in their 30s/40s are pusssy beggars who settle for whatever mediocre to subpar woman they can get, usually from swiping through every girl in his city on the Big 3 swipe apps.
Well from what I have seen, it is the most common way that people who have gotten married have met. Perhaps my sample size is small, but this is what I've seen.

DreamAgain

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
@SW15 Most men, not only mediocre men, get relationships from social circles. But populations are distributed by a bell curve. The mediocre men generally get paired up with the mediocre women, and the same with the right and left tails of the curve.

SW15

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Well from what I have seen, it is the most common way that people who have gotten married have met. Perhaps my sample size is small, but this is what I've seen.
How Heterosexual Couples Meet.jpg

@SW15 Most men, not only mediocre men, get relationships from social circles. But populations are distributed by a bell curve. The mediocre men generally get paired up with the mediocre women, and the same with the right and left tails of the curve.
Social circle is a bit of an easier path in the shorter to medium term than the swipe app or stranger approach path. The problem with social circle is sustainability once you burn through all the prospects your friends/acquaintances know. Then you're looking at swipe apps, social media DMs, and approaching strangers as your options.

DreamAgain

Master Don Juan
Reaction score

I can assure you no one here is trying to date retail workers, maybe you are, if so more power to you.

I like dating career women, that you pejoratively classify, because I like to spend my time with someone who I perceive as an intellectual peer. I like when a woman has drive to do something besides stay at home and flip channels on the couch.

DreamAgain

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
@SW15 The average neurotypical guy would be hard pressed to burn through all his prospects at a large university with 40,000 students. At this point, half of this population is within his social circle's grasp, assuming he has the right personality to conform to the expectations of these college aged women. Most guys fall into this category, the exceptions would be the people going for PhD's, extremely difficult STEM specializations, etc.

patb

Senior Don Juan
Reaction score
Because they fit in.

Pierce Manhammer

Reaction score
I’ve been in situations where I did not know a woman’s real past years into knowing them.

Yes, NAWALT, all of us want to believe our girl is the outlier, but the sad truth is that they so very rarely are. Once men realize that a vast majority of women omit, withhold and revise truth or outright lie, the easier it’ll be for them.

Women can make any of the most deadly PUA’s look like schoolboys. They are born with this ability, it’s a genetic survival adaptation.

Ya’ll keep your fantasy alive for as long as possible, then you’ll get wrecked.

Remember I told you so when it occurs to you, because it’s not a matter of if, it’s a matter of when.

Man, I agree with you on principle, but then there are exceptions to most anything. What are you saying, that @Dr.Suave fiancee has been playing a role for a year and has had him fooled all this time? :rolleyes:

patb

Senior Don Juan
Reaction score
Doesn't really change my point. This plot doesn't tell you which of these relationships ended in marriage/kids, which would be the end goal for couples unless you were just trying to hook up and increase your notch count.
Yeah, it's always been my sense that the quality of OLD is inferior not just in terms of the women, but in terms of the relationships themselves. I think there's research coming out that's starting to lend credence to that, finally. Anecdotally, it's always been pretty apparent to me that women devalue men that emerge from their phones.