Hello Friend,

If this is your first visit to SoSuave, I would advise you to START HERE.

It will be the most efficient use of your time.

And you will learn everything you need to know to become a huge success with women.

Thank you for visiting and have a great day!

what is my smv?

forcerecon01

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Hi Don Juans. I'm curious to know how do you guys know what your smv is compared to a womans? I'm asian 5ft8 and 200lbs. What women would be in my league for smv?

devilkingx2

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Hi Don Juans. I'm curious to know how do you guys know what your smv is compared to a womans? I'm asian 5ft8 and 200lbs. What women would be in my league for smv?
The most attractive woman who you could get sexually attracted to you, that's your SMV.

corrector

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Its very bad as it's like mine. You are 43 year old and just making $ 50K per year? That's a joke. Who is going to take that seriously? Plus you have being Asian going against you, you are below 5'10, so you have a very low SMV compared to women. To match a white guy's SMV pull towards Asian women, you'd have to up your income by at least over $ 200K. But hey, you look at SMV like I do you just get blackpilled and have no motivation.

Mike32ct

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Eastern Time Zone where it's always really late
Yeah I generally stand behind height, hair and $ (aka Big Three) for mature guys.

Balding is probably less common with Asian guys, but can still happen.

Boosting income would be great, but that’s a different and more complicated discussion.

I would focus on the weight first unless you are already very jacked. It would be the lower hanging fruit. Weight/fitness is not a Big Three criteria, but it’s a very important “wildcard.”

I guess what we are trying to say here is the actual SMV “number” isn’t so much the point. It’s about trying to maximize whatever it might be.

If you must have a number, you could either go by the most attractive woman you could pull as devilking says, or alternatively, you could try this method:

Do you have any female friends that try to fix you up or at least suggest/hint at other women for you to date? The looks level of the recommended chick is your approx SMV. This gives reliably conservative results because women generally won’t recommend someone out of your league.

SW15

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
How's your hair at age 43? @Mike32ct believes in the height, hair, money principle. Your height isn't good and your income level isn't good either.
@forcerecon01 - Overall, your SMV is below average and it's challenging to identify a good target market for you.

At 5'8" and 200 pounds, your height is below average and your weight is too high for your height.

5'8" and 200 is a BMI of 30.4. 30.4 is Obesity. It's ideal to keep BMI is the sub-25, Healthy Weight category. BMI is a good indicator for most adults except for those who are quite fit and muscular.

Your income of $50,000/year would be respectable if you were 28 or under. At 43, it isn't impressive at all. It's not going to attract a substantially younger woman. Most women close to your age won't be impressed by it either. As a man, you need to make more money than a woman in order to be attractive to her. Which females do you make more than?

• Service sector workers
  • Less experienced white collar workers (these are typically 22-30 year old woman who are recent graduates with a bachelor's degree)
22-30 year old lower earning white collar women are going to either go for good looking men similar to their own age who make 0-$5,000 more a year or an older man making substantially more than they make.

Service sector workers could be an option. Since you're likely going to attract a woman closer to your own age, you're likely looking at an overweight, single mom working some low wage job. Dating outside your own race/ethnicity is often challenging unless you have some specialized niche factor. Overweight, single moms 30+ are often Black and Hispanic, but there are also some White women in this category. There are not a lot of East or South Asian women in this category. The East and South Asian single moms typically are educated professionals divorced from an educated professional man. They'd be seeking a man making at a minimum $80,000-100,000.

Additionally, Wheat Waffles makes a good point in the video below. On swipe apps, a male 7 has equal value to a female 3. Male outnumbering is so bad on the apps. A male 7 is better off using some other way to arrange dates where he might get closer to an SMV equivalent. If your SMV is already below average, you don't have much of a chance on the swipe apps. Instagram DMs likely aren't a good option either. Your best options are offline, either through approaching strangers or your social circle to get to your equivalent SMV. Approaching any average looking stranger is going to be a difficult sell, unless you have amazing charisma. Social circle is the best option for maximizing SMV.

Bingo-Player

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
i find it quite amusing how fixated everyone on this forum is with income :rofl:

Ok don't get wrong money is important to live a comfortable life but theres really not much difference in day to day lifestyles between the guy who makes 50K and the guy who makes 100K

You wouldn need to be making about 1 milly a year to see a blind bit of difference in day to day living unless you want to put your middle class consumerism on steroids

I don't really see how that is going to make any difference in finding a partner and if it does then that is defentiley not a partner you want to be with long term

It's 2022 folks women make their own money they can pay their own way quite easily

The "provider" aspect within the working class male / female dynamic is dead and has been for quite a while

it only really matters with

A) girls who don't want to earn their own money

B) Eastern cultures

C) Elite circles where one needs to significantly appear better than than the next

Everyone else is just average as far as it comes to finances

AureliusMaximus

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Does it matter?
What matters is what you think of yourself and the self security that you radiate out to the world. Women love decisive men that go after it and hate the insecure ones that worry about their SMV.
DGF about what others think dude.

Bigpapa

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
depends also how you are at a personal level

Are you a good communicator ?

Are you more extroverted than introverted ?

how are your fundamentals ? ( clothing style , haircut , non verbal communication , etc )

do you have any male friends at least ? If guys do not like you , very unlikely that women will

do you have anything interesting about yourself ?

do you have any cool stories ?

your smv is based on multiple factors , not only height , face , how much money you make

the more you lack on one side , the more you have to add on other sides

Travel memoir21

Senior Don Juan
Reaction score
Im sure if he were to hop on a plane to Thailand or an asian dominated town in California or something, he could find someone if he makes the right approach.

If you’re an asian man like myself, you approach asian women as your main target market. Those hot imported asian thots on instagram, tend to be cliquey and stay with their own kind.

Also, if you want to date something different, I suggest latina women. There as short as asian men and more open to interracial relationships. I know a childhood friend dating one right now in Austin. Force recon, I know you’re a big foodie in real life, wouldn’t you want someone who can cook you up a nice plate of mexican food every night? lol Im just sayin.

corrector

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
i find it quite amusing how fixated everyone on this forum is with income :rofl:

Ok don't get wrong money is important to live a comfortable life but theres really not much difference in day to day lifestyles between the guy who makes 50K and the guy who makes 100K

You wouldn need to be making about 1 milly a year to see a blind bit of difference in day to day living unless you want to put your middle class consumerism on steroids
They you won't qualify to lease a condo on an income of just $ 50K per year. It's a big difference. $ 50K realistically is to pay the bills, put a roof over the head and food on the table, anything above that is more breathing space. Especially in the UK where your currency is taking a nose-dive and utility bills are going to be so much through the roof that even government bailouts aren't going to help much.

Also, when I made a comparison, I also took into account the attitutde of Asian women into account towards being with a white man vs their own kind.

If you look at @European-DJ account, and how an Asian woman picked him up, gave him a free guided tour and sexed him without a condom on the second day and refused to take any money from him on his visiting Toronto thread, and see all the WMAF couples around, then I think Asian guys have to have something really going for them finacially, at least to live up to the stereotype that they are successful and hard working in order to have some level footing. Otherwise, the SMV sounds like it would come short compared to other white guys.

M

member160292

As a fellow Asian, who's shorter than you, need to bump up that income brotha. Not only does it improve your lifestyle, but gives you a lot more options to take women out. Not sure if you prefer to date Asians, like I do, but the women I'm meeting have their finances in order - not the ones that are take care of the household, which everyone here seems to want....not my cup of tea. East Asians are very success and finance driven people. SE Asians relatively have little trade-skills aside from healthcare (think the ceiling for them is pharmacist) but they are usually harder to date, I tend to disengage with them after the first date

Also, there's a stigma that Asian's aren't socially aware, which is true. I go everywhere and these people are blocking doorways, being sh!tty drivers and just appear like they just came out from underneath a rock. Get a tan, get into groups where you can organize events, dress like you aren't some middle schooler in gym class.

I can't imagine making anything less than $150k with my lifestyle, you definitely need to up that

EyeBRollin

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Age 43 income is fifty grand a year.
With all respect, you need to improve my brother. Unless you have a model face, your income, height, and physique put you below average. Probably a 4. Currently, you will be fortunate to pull average looking broads.

Lose some weight, get down to 160 (170 is ok if you are jacked strong as a bull). Pick up a side hustle. Need to get that income to at least $80K. Goal long term needs to be 100K+ minimum. Keep in mind $50K at 43 looks worse than $50K at 23. People expect men over 30 to be making strides in their career.

To my brothers over 40, please take the health and BMI seriously. Forget women for a second. Unhealthy weight over 40 really opens the door for things like diabetes and heart disease. Shvt is real and silently kills us with no warnings. Get that weight down to a healthy level.

Last edited:

Scars

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Think of yourself always as a work in progress. There is certain things you can't control, like your height.. but you can always go to the gym, dress better, get your income up etc. Even if you're comfortable your job now, apply to other places that pay better.. even if you don't think you'll get it, never hurts to shoot your shot. Look into side businesses. Focus on upgrading your fashion and style. Stay clean cut. Work out. Read about game. Approach girls, even if you get shot down, learn from it. Always be improving.