Hello Friend,

If this is your first visit to SoSuave, I would advise you to START HERE.

It will be the most efficient use of your time.

And you will learn everything you need to know to become a huge success with women.

Thank you for visiting and have a great day!

Teacher/cop salaries - Wow

RickTheToad

Reaction score
I was over on govsalaries.com, and I was curious of what some people made. I was truly amazed at the salaries that these people pull in. The average cop in Bridgeport pulled in nearly 200k. The average salary for a teacher was 108k. It's really out of control what some get paid. If you live in the US, any state, you can see what any government employee is paid. Talk about inflation... When I was growing up, my parents always told me you cannot make anything as a gov't employee. Now, it looks like the tables have finally turned.

Some ex-gf's who are teachers earn more than me (sans real estate rents); and I work in a hospital. I can understand police making a six figure salary. However, I cannot understand how or why a teacher deserves 100k+ a year. Unreal.

corrector

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
I was over on govsalaries.com, and I was curious of what some people made. I was truly amazed at the salaries that these people pull in. The average cop in Bridgeport pulled in nearly 200k. The average salary for a teacher was 108k. It's really out of control what some get paid. If you live in the US, any state, you can see what any government employee is paid. Talk about inflation... When I was growing up, my parents always told me you cannot make anything as a gov't employee. Now, it looks like the tables have finally turned.

Some ex-gf's who are teachers earn more than me (sans real estate rents); and I work in a hospital. I can understand police making a six figure salary. However, I cannot understand how or why a teacher deserves 100k+ a year. Unreal.
Wow. My mother who is a retired teacher only has a weak $ 39K per year pension. Even a $200K mortgage with a low interest rate is still eating up half of her salary, but it's a way better deal then what renters are faced with out there. We had a Conservative government in the 90s which gutted the teacher's pay. Currently teachers make close to $ 100K and while there is a Conservative government here again now, they are not as mean-spirited as the one that ruled here in the 90s and took out a wrecking ball and created a state of war within the province.

RickTheToad

Reaction score
Wow. My mother who is a retired teacher only has a weak $ 39K per year pension. Even a $200K mortgage with a low interest rate is still eating up half of her salary, but it's a way better deal then what renters are faced with out there. We had a Conservative government in the 90s which gutted the teacher's pay. Currently teachers make close to $ 100K and while there is a Conservative government here again now, they are not as mean-spirited as the one that ruled here in the 90s and took out a wrecking ball and created a state of war within the province.
Are there homes in Canada at 200k? I thought many of the provinces were crazy high priced... GTA is like NYC in terms of prices for homes.

M

member160292

Many people might hate me, but this is pretty good for my dating choices. Gov employees - I think of pension, aka, my safety net. Knowing that social worker salaries correlate to inflation I have less to worry about cost of living

I should clarify, my career has fluctuating income and I tend to be more risky with my investments. I'm not thinking of spending old age with a pension fund...

M

member160292

You must be trolling. Teachers deserve every penny they make. They are teaching the future kids that will one day inherit our country. People in education should be paid some of the highest salaries. Could you teach 30 kids that are running wild? I know I couldn't. Let's talk about the real messed up salaries in society. Athletes that literally put a ball in a hoop or throw a ball are paid millions of dollars. That's ridiculous. What about the CEOs that make thousands of times more then the average worker. Literally all they do is cut costs and fire people. Anybody could do that job. If this world was fair then teachers, scientists and astronauts would be getting paid the most.
oh dear

corrector

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Are there homes in Canada at 200k? I thought many of the provinces were crazy high priced... GTA is like NYC in terms of prices for homes.
Of course not. The mortgage remaining on the home is $ 200K. We could be living in a $ 1 Million home or $ 10 Million home, but if there is a mortgage on it, you still have to pay it.

RickTheToad

Reaction score
You must be trolling. Teachers deserve every penny they make. They are teaching the future kids that will one day inherit our country. People in education should be paid some of the highest salaries. Could you teach 30 kids that are running wild? I know I couldn't. Let's talk about the real messed up salaries in society. Athletes that literally put a ball in a hoop or throw a ball are paid millions of dollars. That's ridiculous. What about the CEOs that make thousands of times more then the average worker. Literally all they do is cut costs and fire people. Anybody could do that job. If this world was fair then teachers, scientists and astronauts would be getting paid the most.
You must be cuckoo for cocoa puffs if you believe that. Most the teachers that I had did jack sh!t. Gave an assignment and read their paper.

Travel memoir21

Senior Don Juan
Reaction score
lol astronauts….the earth is flat

Bokanovsky

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
You must be trolling. Teachers deserve every penny they make. They are teaching the future kids that will one day inherit our country. People in education should be paid some of the highest salaries. Could you teach 30 kids that are running wild? I know I couldn't.
If you believe that compensation should be based on performance, teachers deserve to be paid minimum wage.

While there are, of course, individual exceptions, as a group, modern-day teachers are a disaster. And they are doing a sh!t job raising today's kids. Why do you think that the vast majority of mass shootings happen at schools (as opposed to, say, hospitals, libraries, malls, etc.)? It's because going to school is such an uncomfortable and traumatic experience for many kids these days that they literally turn into homicidal maniacs. And it's no wonder the they target schools. The most unpleasant memories and experiences of their lives are associated with going to school. And yes, teachers are largely responsible for this. Your number one job as a teacher is to provide a safe and caring environment for your students. And today's teachers are obviously failing in this regard.

Aside from mass shootings, look at all the other ills that are afflicting today's youth (to a much greater extent compared to prior generations): depression, ADD, drug abuse, and general levels of degeneracy. Today's kids are a mess. The education system is supposed to shape kids into healthy, smart, productive results. This is clearly not happening.

Last edited:

EyeBRollin

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Average or median? Big statistical difference.

Cops don’t make that much.. but in many jurisdictions have unlimited overtime potential.

In New Jersey that was a thing with NJ Transit rail operating engineers. The top one earned $250,000 in a year. He was also working 16 hour days for the entire year due to a massive worker shortage. Governor Fatboy thought it would be smart to freeze rail salaries for 8 years, so most of them quit and went to work for NY agencies.

Teachers are some of the hardest workers there are and the job is net positive for society. They work a minimum 12 hours each day, dealing with people’s bad ass kids. Even worse in bad neighborhoods. And now jokers want them to carry guns and risk their lives to protect these children from nutbag incels.

Most teachers do not make $100K, that’s actually a function of strong teacher’s unions and education culture in the Northeast. Massachusetts, Connecticut, New Jersey, and Maryland have extremely high teacher salaries relative to the nation as a whole, and they have the outcomes to show for it. Teachers in the Deep South are horrifically under paid. Also, teachers have to foot the bill these days for their classroom supplies.

Last edited:

manfrombelow

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Athletes that literally put a ball in a hoop or throw a ball are paid millions of dollars. That's ridiculous.
No it's not. They are paid that much because that's how much they generate for their teams/owners.

What about the CEOs that make thousands of times more then the average worker. Literally all they do is cut costs and fire people. Anybody could do that job. If this world was fair then teachers, scientists and astronauts would be getting paid the most.
I don't think CEO is something "anybody" could do.

While I do agree that teachers, scientists, and astronauts should be paid more... But your argument is just stupid.

EyeBRollin

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
No it's not. They are paid that much because that's how much they generate for their teams/owners.
It is rediculous. Sports make way too much money. Especially in the USA where they leech off the backs of tax payers to build overpriced stadiums.

Teachers are a net positive for society. Especially male teachers. Every kid has a memorable teacher in their life. For some, it’s the difference between a productive life and a criminal life. There are a lot of broken homes.

RickTheToad

Reaction score
Teachers are net positive for society. If you boost teacher pay you won’t need so many cops. Funny how that works.
Really.. Hmm.. Do you have data on this? We need a lot of cops in Bridgeport, Stamford, Stratford and alike. Yet, the teachers, after 5 years, earn over 100k. Do you get this data from Cloud 9 or Pluto?

RickTheToad

Reaction score
Average or median? Big statistical difference.

Cops don’t make that much.. but in many jurisdictions have unlimited overtime potential.

In New Jersey that was a thing with NJ Transit rail operating engineers. The top one earned $250,000 in a year. He was also working 16 hour days for the entire year due to a massive worker shortage. Governor Fatboy thought it would be smart to freeze rail salaries for 8 years, so most of them quit and went to work for NY agencies.

Teachers are some of the hardest workers there are and the job is net positive for society. They work a minimum 12 hours each day, dealing with people’s bad ass kids. Even worse in bad neighborhoods. And now jokers want them to carry guns and risk their lives to protect these children from nutbag incels.

Most teachers do not make $100K, that’s actually a function of strong teacher’s unions and education culture in the Northeast. Massachusetts, Connecticut, New Jersey, and Maryland have extremely high teacher salaries relative to the nation as a whole, and they have the outcomes to show for it. Teachers in the Deep South are horrifically under paid. Also, teachers have to foot the bill these days for their classroom supplies.
Yes, on the cops I will agree. Most of it is due to overtime. Not sure why they just do not hire more cops, but that's politics. Most teachers, after 5 years, do in fact earn over 100k. Just check most school districts in your neck of the woods. Paramus, Montvale, Ridgewood, Montclair, Creskill, etc. In New York, Rockland and Westchester counties pay the most in New York. In Connecticut, it's Greenwich, Stamford, Darien, and Cheshire. NYC prob. pays the some of the lowest, that's why many of them transfer to NJ/CT/Rockland/Westchester/Long Island schools. Two of my ex-gf's. One in NY, one in CT. When I was dating them 3 years ago, the NY one was earning around 60k (transferred from BK). She now earns around 103k. The one in CT earn around 76k, now earns 119k. So, please, you have no idea what you are talking about... Respectfully.

EyeBRollin

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Yes, on the cops I will agree. Most of it is due to overtime. Not sure why they just do not hire more cops, but that's politics. Most teachers, after 5 years, do in fact earn over 100k. Just check most school districts in your neck of the woods. Paramus, Montvale, Ridgewood, Montclair, Creskill, etc. In New York, Rockland and Westchester counties pay the most in New York. In Connecticut, it's Greenwich, Stamford, Darien, and Cheshire.
Respectfully, you don’t read:

Most teachers do not make $100K, that’s actually a function of strong teacher’s unions and education culture in the Northeast. Massachusetts, Connecticut, New Jersey, and Maryland have extremely high teacher salaries relative to the nation as a whole,
They’re bvtching about teacher pay in Florida also, but for the opposite reason. Go look at teacher salaries in the Deep South.

EyeBRollin

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Yes, on the cops I will agree. Most of it is due to overtime. Not sure why they just do not hire more cops, but that's politics.
It is not politics. Stop assuming you can just pluck a person off the street. Law enforcement is not a job most people want and candidates have to go through training. Public sector jobs overall have more rigorous hiring standards.

Bible_Belt

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
I live in middle America with some of the lowest wages in the country. Yet city cops make $100k+ with a high school diploma. State cops make $150k+ and retire on full pay and benefits after twenty years. The deal was so sweet they had it put into our state constitution. It is now unconstitutional to cut a state cops retirement benefits.

Pierce Manhammer

Reaction score
Do you folks realize the poverty level is like 110k in most major US cities?

Yes, on the cops I will agree. Most of it is due to overtime. Not sure why they just do not hire more cops, but that's politics. Most teachers, after 5 years, do in fact earn over 100k. Just check most school districts in your neck of the woods. Paramus, Montvale, Ridgewood, Montclair, Creskill, etc. In New York, Rockland and Westchester counties pay the most in New York. In Connecticut, it's Greenwich, Stamford, Darien, and Cheshire. NYC prob. pays the some of the lowest, that's why many of them transfer to NJ/CT/Rockland/Westchester/Long Island schools. Two of my ex-gf's. One in NY, one in CT. When I was dating them 3 years ago, the NY one was earning around 60k (transferred from BK). She now earns around 103k. The one in CT earn around 76k, now earns 119k. So, please, you have no idea what you are talking about... Respectfully.