Hello Friend,

If this is your first visit to SoSuave, I would advise you to START HERE.

It will be the most efficient use of your time.

And you will learn everything you need to know to become a huge success with women.

Thank you for visiting and have a great day!

The Appeal of a Traditional Life

Epicwinguy

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
A lot of you guys still want to settle down with a wife and kids. Why? What about that is so appealing to you?

Zimbabwe

Banned
Reaction score
Despite all the propaganda glorifying degeneracy there are still people who want a wife and kids. If people did not want that the human race would have gone extinct a long time ago.

Humans are social creatures and it is normal for us to want to build a community, unless you are on the autism spectrum.

studies show that people who do not have children are much more likely to be lonely and depressed

Bingo-Player

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
The biggest issue to me is we live in a constructed society which basically dictates what you should and shouldn't be doing at certain age points

To break out of that Dogma is far far beyond most peoples capacity after all we spend most of our waking lives being "trained" to

A) do as we are told
B) do exactly what others are doing

Do you see the problem ?

Humans at the dawn of time were generally designed to live in tribes and share everything , not in monogamous relationships which promote selfishness and greed

Most people don't really know what they want ( i can't even truly tell you)

My instincts are telling me i need to make money to survive in this inflation driven economy , they are also telling me to sleep with women i find attractive

That is about it

Outside of them two primal drives ( survival and procreation) everything else is kind of arbitrary

There are an awful lot of societal conventions and institutions telling me what i should be doing

Do i believe any of them really have my best interests ? .......not really no

To answer OP's question : most people don't know if they want a wife and kids but everyone else is doing it so i may aswell to

Monkey see monkey do

The system then makes it incredibly difficult for anyone to try and live alternatively to that

It's all a game.

Bingo-Player

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Also worth noting the "traditional life" intertwines very conveniently with consumer and free market capitalist economies

Just think about it for a second.

Kotaix

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
If you want kids then a relationship really is a must. Single parents are just not as good for kids as two parents. This is especially true in the post when there was a high chance of one parent dying before they could strike out on their own.

Also, I've seen scientific references that the monogamous paradigm is better for a stable society, as opposed to polygamy which leads to more conflict due to mate competition.

Atom Smasher

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
I’ve got the best of both worlds. I stayed single all my life until age 64. Found myself a girl who needs very little maintenance and who is very devoted to me. At this age it’s nice to have someone to share the burdens of life with as I advance in years.

EyeBRollin

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Also worth noting the "traditional life" intertwines very conveniently with consumer and free market capitalist economies

Just think about it for a second.
Actually it’s better for the free market if everyone is single. The demand for household needs is twice as high if man and woman are separated. Why do you think feminism is pushed so hard in the west?

Murk

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Because I want kids and my own family, to be the head of the family, train and indoctrinate them with my views and outlook, my next generation to take over.

I have banged many chicks, I smashed 30 in 2017 (my record for 1 year) when I joined this site mainly from OLD, it made me jaded and a bit depressed.

There's absolutely nothing wrong with wanting marriage, as a Christian man, it feels very right. Spinning plates into my 40s is not appealing to me, I want to be a young and present dad, 3-5 kids with a devoted wife etc. Many men get burned and turn bitter, many on this forum.

I am allowed to want this, especially if financially stable with no direct family alive it's absolutely my right to want a family life I've never had.

Modern Man Advice

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
A lot of you guys still want to settle down with a wife and kids. Why? What about that is so appealing to you?
Because civilization and society were built on the concept of family/community. One which having a partner (or wife if that's something you want to commit legally) to procreate and have offspring with. It's just the way of human evolution and history. It's like Jake said above, natural instinct.

However, that can look different from person to person. If you mean a cookie-cutter life, a house with a pickle-white fence in the burbs, kids, a truck, and bbq on the weekends then that is more of an "American dream" construct. Go to school, get good grades, land a job, have a family, and die. Then yes, men should be avoiding any societal constructs so they can understand and know in their hearts what they desire vs not and not what is expected.

Modern Man Advice

BadBoy89

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
I think every man wants:

a) companionship and conversation with older women
b) sex and (babies) with young fertile hot women
c) one child

Personally I think a man wants marriage to have a maid; someone to cook and clean for him. Not because he is “in love” with the girl. I mean, who can love a 40+ year old woman?

And here’s a study that kids are depressing.

Last edited:

logicallefty

Reaction score
I got married last year, and made a thread about it just today actually. In general I want a woman who I enjoy being around and can have some crazy fun times with. She also must be mature enough to handle life like an adult and be b/\lls to the walls serious when she has to be . In addition to that I want good sex, of course. I also want a woman that presents low risk to me. By low risk I mean low risk that she is not going to take me down and nearly destroy me like a woman did to me in 2012. I also mean low financial risk. These are some pretty big demands and I honestly didn’t expect any woman to be able to meet them for me . But my wife proved to me that she did, so that’s why I married her. I put her through some pretty hard tests before she got that ring, far tougher than she did me.

Last edited:

Murk

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
I think every man wants:

a) companionship and conversation with older women
b) sex and (babies) with young fertile hot women
c) one child

Personally I think a man wants marriage to have a maid; someone to cook and clean for him. Not because he is “in love” with the girl. I mean, who can love a 40+ year old woman?

And here’s a study that kids are depressing.

As an only child, I can confirm having 1 child is NOT GOOD FOR THE CHILD. I've spoken to many only children too and they all agree. Have 2 at least, do not leave it at 1. Lot's of psychogical issues I've found in only children if they didn't have a perfect life.

Not sure why you're posting a study on kids depressing parents, should we all just spin plates until the human race goes extinct?

I've always said there's a sweet spot in between the harsh manosphrere mgtow advice from bitter low value men and reality. How many times have we even seen it on this forum. The guy (forget his name) one of my favourite posters who got married and his wife found this forum and he vanished. Happiness should be the end goal and happiness is relative. When are too concerned what other people think of us we lose sight of our own happiness.

Pierce Manhammer

Reaction score
Agreed have 2, my kids are separated by 3 years and they are so bonded to one another I can leave this mortal coil knowing they will always have one another for love and support.

Nothing will break their bond, it’s truly a wonderful thing to behold.

I was essentially an only child and had a pretty double-plus-ungood childhood- have a sibling would have been of great comfort.

BadBoy89

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
As an only child, I can confirm having 1 child is NOT GOOD FOR THE CHILD. I've spoken to many only children too and they all agree. Have 2 at least, do not leave it at 1. Lot's of psychogical issues I've found in only children if they didn't have a perfect life.
OK. Personally I want one.

Not sure why you're posting a study on kids depressing parents, should we all just spin plates until the human race goes extinct?
Posting facts. Cant ignore it because we don't like it.

I've always said there's a sweet spot in between the harsh manosphrere mgtow advice from bitter low value men and reality. How many times have we even seen it on this forum. The guy (forget his name) one of my favourite posters who got married and his wife found this forum and he vanished. Happiness should be the end goal and happiness is relative. When are too concerned what other people think of us we lose sight of our own happiness.
Decent point. A man has to do what’s best for him.

logicallefty

Reaction score
The guy (forget his name) one of my favourite posters who got married and his wife found this forum and he vanished.
I think that might have been Amante Silvester. He was a moderator too. Everyone here loved him.

logicallefty

Reaction score
This is a great thread, and very important topic. The the general topic of how much the world will try to brainwash you and throw propaganda at you is serious business, especially for young adults.. From marriage, to career choices, to what to wear, to how to act or not act, to who to vote for, what to eat.... The list goes on and on and on. I really didn't learn I was being brainwashed until my early to mid 30s. My daughter is 18 and already I have made her into a smarter adult about the world and life than I was at 33. No joke.