Hello Friend,

If this is your first visit to SoSuave, I would advise you to START HERE.

It will be the most efficient use of your time.

And you will learn everything you need to know to become a huge success with women.

Thank you for visiting and have a great day!

***Important notice - Moving in with a LTR or engagement/marriage***

RickTheToad

Reaction score
Dudes,

This is just a public service announcement that all dudes should consider. With the changing landscape of the family court system, a dude must protect what he has today and some of what he will have tomorrow. It is imperative, especially if you are living in a blue state, to have a pre-nup and possibly a per-packaged separation clause already agreed to and signed off from both parties at least six months prior to the wedding. If you are just moving in together, I.E. she's moving into your home, or you are moving into her home, you MUST have a cohabitation agreement. If not, especially in CT/CA/NY/NJ/WA/MA/DE/PA/IL,NV, MN and OR states, you can be held liable for palimony and other expenses.

If the other party (dude or female) says it's unromantic or refuses to sign, leave. She's not there for you, she's there for herself and wants to ensure a parting gift for herself. The agreements should be fair, however, it must state your earnings and your assets will always be kept separate from hers, and each party is 100% responsible for their own legal and medical fees. I know some will not agree with this, and that is fine, however, if you do not, then you may have a battle that will bankrupt you.

Nothing wrong with LTRs or marriages, but you need to take assets and financial stability out of the equation for the other party. Should you want to deed or give her something on your own accord, fantastic, that should be YOUR decision. Not her's, her lawyers, or the family court's. Consider both agreements like a bazooka. You do not want to use it, but it's nice to have just in case.

Blacksheep

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
True! And this is very important.

The big challenge I face in finding a good woman for LTR is an honest person. Most people play only by their own advantages and don't give a sh1t if that will ruin the other side.

Chuck Taylor

Banned
Reaction score
Dudes,

This is just a public service announcement that all dudes should consider. With the changing landscape of the family court system, a dude must protect what he has today and some of what he will have tomorrow. It is imperative, especially if you are living in a blue state, to have a pre-nup and possibly a per-packaged separation clause already agreed to and signed off from both parties at least six months prior to the wedding. If you are just moving in together, I.E. she's moving into your home, or you are moving into her home, you MUST have a cohabitation agreement. If not, especially in CT/CA/NY/NJ/WA/MA/DE/PA/IL,NV, MN and OR states, you can be held liable for palimony and other expenses.

If the other party (dude or female) says it's unromantic or refuses to sign, leave. She's not there for you, she's there for herself and wants to ensure a parting gift for herself. The agreements should be fair, however, it must state your earnings and your assets will always be kept separate from hers, and each party is 100% responsible for their own legal and medical fees. I know some will not agree with this, and that is fine, however, if you do not, then you may have a battle that will bankrupt you.

Nothing wrong with LTRs or marriages, but you need to take assets and financial stability out of the equation for the other party. Should you want to deed or give her something on your own accord, fantastic, that should be YOUR decision. Not her's, her lawyers, or the family court's. Consider both agreements like a bazooka. You do not want to use it, but it's nice to have just in case.
I'm with ya Rick, but given the court's propensity to side with the chick in matters like these, couldn't she just say

"Well you see, I signed the pre-nup during a time when I was under extreme mental duress. I felt if I didn't sign it, he would leave me. I didn't want that that to happen."

RickTheToad

Reaction score
I'm with ya Rick, but given the court's propensity to side with the chick in matters like these, couldn't she just say

"Well you see, I signed the pre-nup during a time when I was under extreme mental duress. I felt if I didn't sign it, he would leave me. I didn't want that that to happen."
That's why it's recorded on video in front of both lawyers. With that evidence, hard to dispute.

HaleyBaron

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
I refused to marry primarily cause the courts make it expensive to have one if things go south for any reason not my own. Not to mention, there's not many women prime for marriage these days. Until the government stops making things expensive for men, men are discouraged naturally from pursuing it. Although unfortunately, there's still a lot of men who are duped into marriage by girls wanting their special day of attention.

Chuck Taylor

Banned
Reaction score
I refused to marry primarily cause the courts make it expensive to have one if things go south for any reason not my own. Not to mention, there's not many women prime for marriage these days. Until the government stops making things expensive for men, men are discouraged naturally from pursuing it. Although unfortunately, there's still a lot of men who are duped into marriage by girls wanting their special day of attention.
This scene was screaming at me while reading your post -

devilkingx2

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
My plan is to give all my major assets to my mother so that they can't be touched if I divorce. Legally speaking I'll be living in my mom's house and driving my mom's car, etc.

EyeBRollin

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
My plan is to give all my major assets to my mother so that they can't be touched if I divorce. Legally speaking I'll be living in my mom's house and driving my mom's car, etc.
No disrespect, but this is a black pill mentality. There is no reason to get married or cohabitate with a woman if you want to die with all of your assets. I think a lot of guys just don’t see the bigger picture. Being with a woman might not be for you, and that’s cool. Try MGTOW.

AureliusMaximus

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Dudes,

Good, post mate @RickTheToad . You just saved the life of many dudes for the future to come.:up:

@guys -You must take this extremely important subject very seriously; project yourself and your financial assets now or suffer the pain of huge regret later!

Last edited:

jnMissouri

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Dudes,

I had a cohab agreement with my gf of 9 years. Put it in place very early in the relationship. I even met with a lawyer years later just to make sure it was air tight.

jnMissouri

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
It would be useful to list the prongs that made it air tight.
I don’t recall exactly as this was nearly a decade ago, but it doesn’t matter, the laws vary from state to state, hire an attorney…

RickTheToad

Reaction score
I had a cohab agreement with my gf of 9 years. Put it in place very early in the relationship. I even met with a lawyer years later just to make sure it was air tight.
Smart dude. Should you ever get married, make sure you get that pre-nup. Prior to looking at places, get that nup. Make sure it states that each person is responsible for their own medical, legal and insurance payments/expenses.